• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder Returns to Galveston - November 6, 2015

Lvfamous, if you can get your posts to 10 I can pm you the FE list when it is closed otherwise I will need an email to send it to. Feel free to post 3 more times in this thread so your count is 10. :thanks:

For those in the FE group - do you have a preference on how many cabins? We are at 9 now and can start a new group after 10 or go to 15. What is everyone thinking?

Hi guys, I am thiking of going to a beach in Cozumel. Do I have to sign up and pay through Disney or are there some safe beaches close by the ship for free?
There are a lot of good beaches in Cozumel, it depends on what you are looking for. You do not have to do a Disney tour but, since it is Sunday while we are there, the options are slim as to what is open.
Elaine

For beaches, I definitely second Elaine's though oh doing your homework first. The public beaches will have a lot of local people, as that's what they do on Sunday! Church and then BBQ with all the family on the beach, mostly on the east side of the island. A lot of the typical beach places that are open with a nominal fee for all the facilities are closed on Sunday. I did look online and the DCL beach break is at Playa Mia, so you could take a look at their website and see if that appeals to you. The DCL website is slow enough to frustrate a turtle right now, but I'll try and check prices and post them here for the beach break.

ETA: Beach break is $62.00 (children ages 3-9 - children 0-2 are free) and $72.00 ages 10 and up. Below is the description.

Duration: 4.5 to 5 hours

On this tour you will:

• Embark on an approximate 25-minute ride aboard an air-conditioned motor coach to Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park.
  • Get ready to do as much or as little as you'd like at this beautiful beach park. Choose to lounge in a beach chair under an umbrella on the sand by the ocean, or by the pool. Kids of all ages will splash at theBuccaneers Bay Swimming Pool, Oasis Island Pool and the Twin Twister Waterslide. Note: see restrictions in the section below.
  • Savor a delicious international buffet and domestic open bar, all included in your tour.
  • Enjoy many included activities such as an aquatic floating sports center, kayaks, water trampolines, aquatic iceberg, paddle boats, floating mats, water bicycles, ping pong tables, volleyball and soccer courts and an entertainment team featuring a kid's club.
  • Conclude your approximate 4 hours on the beach and take the transportation back to the pier.
Important Additional Information

• Children visiting the Buccaneers Bay Water Toys must be less than 47 inches high (1.20 meters) and a maximum weight of 132 pounds. (60 kilograms). Shoes of any kind are not allowed.
  • Guests visiting the 200-foot-long Twin Twister Waterslides must be at least have a minimum height of 39 inches tall (1 meter) to participate in the slides.
  • Guest's maximum weight is 114 kilograms or 251 pounds to participate in the slides.
  • Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own. Sand wheelchairs are available for transfer at Playa Mia. Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park has 3 beach wheelchairs available for transfer free of charge, on a first come, first served basis.
  • Restaurant buffet service is provided. Mixed drinks, beer, soda and juice from an open bar are included. Alcoholic beverages are available for Guests 21 and older with I.D. Straight shots are not allowed.
  • Other water sports and additional activities such as snorkeling equipment rental are available at an additional nominal fee.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits and cameras for the beach visit. Changing facilities and showers are available.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs and water sports.
  • You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.

Last edited:
:woohoo:Where are you seeing this? I looked at my ressie and pre-arrival guide, but I can't seem to find it. I wanted to make sure I was updating my pirate map calendar correctly. Night 5 is Jamaica correct?

:jumping1: That's great news! I hope you got a cabana! I told my son it would be poetic justice if you got one this time, but I didn't. But in truth, with a bit of magic. :wizard:, I'm hoping we both do!

Edited - Oops, just realized booking the cabana wouldn't be until next week. :o

Yes, patiently waiting for check in this coming week to see if I can snag a cabana. :worship:

For beaches, I definitely second Elaine's though oh doing your homework first. The public beaches will have a lot of local people, as that's what they do on Sunday! Church and then BBQ with all the family on the beach, mostly on the east side of the island. A lot of the typical beach places that are open with a nominal fee for all the facilities are closed on Sunday. I did look online and the DCL beach break is at Playa Mia, so you could take a look at their website and see if that appeals to you. The DCL website is slow enough to frustrate a turtle right now, but I'll try and check prices and post them here for the beach break.

ETA: Beach break is $62.00 (children ages 3-9 - children 0-2 are free) and $72.00 ages 10 and up. Below is the description.

On this tour you will:

• Embark on an approximate 25-minute ride aboard an air-conditioned motor coach to Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park.
  • Get ready to do as much or as little as you'd like at this beautiful beach park. Choose to lounge in a beach chair under an umbrella on the sand by the ocean, or by the pool. Kids of all ages will splash at theBuccaneers Bay Swimming Pool, Oasis Island Pool and the Twin Twister Waterslide. Note: see restrictions in the section below.
  • Savor a delicious international buffet and domestic open bar, all included in your tour.
  • Enjoy many included activities such as an aquatic floating sports center, kayaks, water trampolines, aquatic iceberg, paddle boats, floating mats, water bicycles, ping pong tables, volleyball and soccer courts and an entertainment team featuring a kid's club.
  • Conclude your approximate 4 hours on the beach and take the transportation back to the pier.

• Children visiting the Buccaneers Bay Water Toys must be less than 47 inches high (1.20 meters) and a maximum weight of 132 pounds. (60 kilograms). Shoes of any kind are not allowed.
  • Guests visiting the 200-foot-long Twin Twister Waterslides must be at least have a minimum height of 39 inches tall (1 meter) to participate in the slides.
  • Guest's maximum weight is 114 kilograms or 251 pounds to participate in the slides.
  • Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs/scooters are permitted. Guests must be able to board and disembark the motor coach on their own. Sand wheelchairs are available for transfer at Playa Mia. Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park has 3 beach wheelchairs available for transfer free of charge, on a first come, first served basis.
  • Restaurant buffet service is provided. Mixed drinks, beer, soda and juice from an open bar are included. Alcoholic beverages are available for Guests 21 and older with I.D. Straight shots are not allowed.
  • Other water sports and additional activities such as snorkeling equipment rental are available at an additional nominal fee.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, bathing suits and cameras for the beach visit. Changing facilities and showers are available.
  • Guests are encouraged to bring currency and credit cards to purchase extras such as souvenirs and water sports.
  • You should never feel that gratuities are expected, but it is customary to leave a tip in recognition of exceptional service in restaurants, taxis and for excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you to determine the amount.

Thank you. I checked trip advisor and they had some ideas.....but those beaches might be closed. But that disney one sounds good too. Thanks for the info!

MousseauMob no allergies
Mom adult
DS 20
DD 13

Huskiesrule no allergies
Female adult
Female adult
Male adult

Nicole1234
Mom adult
Female adult
Female adult
DD 4

mistynjas no allergies
Mom adult
Dad adult
DS 6
DS 7 months

fatfish
Mom adult
DD 14

lvfamous no allergies
Mom adult
Dad adult
DD 6
DS 2

Nicole Frick no allergies
Male adult
Female adult
Female adult
DS 12
DS 4
DD 9

Gideon1 no allergies
Mom adult
Dad adult
DS 2

So we are now down to 8 as one has dropped out. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of you on the list as to how you want to receive the list when it is closed. I will close the first FE list when it reaches 10 and start the next. The main lists will be closed 30 days before the cruise and I will start a latecomers group for any of those that join in the final month.

On this tour you will:

Oh my I have a feeling I'm going to be totally clueless when this happens. I have no idea what I should be planning.

I still want to be in the FE group!

Nicole1234, I have your info to send you the FE list, so you are good. As far as planning excursions, look at what DCL offers in each stop. If you find any that interest you, post on here to ukintheus so maybe she can look to see if it is offered on our cruise. She is the only platinum that has posted and is allowed to checkin this early. Must be nice!
I am waiting for a reply from mistynjas and fatfish. I need to make sure they are still checking this thread so I can pm the FE list to them or I will need an email to send it to.:thanks:

So I've never been in port on a Sunday. Is everything still open or should we stay on the boat? I've been to Cozumel but it was a Thursday and we did a beach break at Passion Island. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks

So I've never been in port on a Sunday. Is everything still open or should we stay on the boat? I've been to Cozumel but it was a Thursday and we did a beach break at Passion Island. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks
My understanding is that most things are closed in Cozumel on Sunday. The Wonder will probably be the only ship in port so doubtful things will open just for us. We may end up with only DCL excursions or beaches as our choices.

For those in the FE, if you are making/buying personalized gifts let us know. I am not requesting real names, but I can pm everyone and ask for that info. Obviously I will not post that info here, and I will not ask others to do so either.:earsboy:
In other news - does anybody want to add their fave characters to the list? I have a couple, but if anybody else would like to pm the info to me I will update the list.
And closing this out - if at any time anybody wants a copy of the FE list, let me know and I can pm or email it to you.:thanks:

Online checkin is fast approaching for some more of us. The cruise does not have to be paid in full until August 23rd or 75 days before the cruise (however you want to look at it). Reminder for gold and silver CC though, if you want to book excursions on your date the cruise needs to be PIF.
Gold is July 24th.
Silver is August 8th.
First time cruisers is August 23rd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter