Female adult
DS 12
DS 4
DD 9

Gideon1 no allergies
Mom adult
Dad adult
DS 2

I copied the post from pg. 11 so no one has to scroll back through the posts. This is where we are now for the FE list - if anything does not look right, please let me know.

We are sailing on the Disney Wonder and have been hearing a lot about using cards to keep the lights on. All I can find is that this is on the Dream and Fantasy ships, but may be coming to the Wonder. If anyone knows if this is used on the Wonder I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks
We were last on the Wonder last year (June 2014) and they didn't have this. But I know they have changed things since then, like changing the ability to split the bed into 2 twins :sad: so it's possible this has changed since then, and I haven't heard about it.

I don't think so. The app works independently of the wave phone as far as I know. For the app, you have to link the various devices you want to be able to communicate to each other. So, for example, I signed in on my ipad and the app assigned me a number. My sister signed in, and added that number to her app and it send me the link to accept her request and linked the two devices. You can have multiple devices linked together, we had 4 total.
:worried: Oh dear, that means DS and I would have to carry 2 devices or just stick with the wave phones. It also means I'll have to pay for a 3rd wave phone for both cruises. Oh well, no worries, they are old school texting, but we find being able to keep in touch SO handy that makes the wave phones totally worth it. Thanks so much for the explanation!

Was just on the Wonder in May, no light cards are needed.
The app was working and we did not use our wave phones, just the app on our phones worked fine.
Elaine

Just a heads up to everyone in the FE - I need a way to contact all of you. I have email for 2 and contact for another, but I need everyone to check in so I know you still want to be in the FE. I will give everyone time to let me know, but if I don't hear anything I will have to assume you do not want to participate. Thanks everybody:flower1:

So, do you think we're going to have a pirate night on our cruise? I'm asking because when I look at the cruise activities on the pre-arrival guide on the cruise after this one, they have pirate night scheduled for 4th cruise day. When I look at the cruise activities on the pre-arrival guide for this cruise there's is nothing planned. :confused3
Night 5 is designated as Pirate Night!pirate: I guess they were waiting until 120 days out to make it official.

I checked in this morning. Almost, if not all, the usual excursions in Cozumel are available, despite it being a Sunday. :thumbsup2

Night 5 is designated as Pirate Night!pirate: I guess they were waiting until 120 days out to make it official.
:woohoo:Where are you seeing this? I looked at my ressie and pre-arrival guide, but I can't seem to find it. I wanted to make sure I was updating my pirate map calendar correctly. Night 5 is Jamaica correct?

I checked in this morning. Almost, if not all, the usual excursions in Cozumel are available, despite it being a Sunday. :thumbsup2
:jumping1: That's great news! I hope you got a cabana! I told my son it would be poetic justice if you got one this time, but I didn't. But in truth, with a bit of magic. :wizard:, I'm hoping we both do!

Edited - Oops, just realized booking the cabana wouldn't be until next week. :o

Last edited:

I think night 5 would be after Jamaica, on the sea day back to Galveston? If you call DCL they give you the nights now, which is why I am thinking they were waiting for 120 days out.

I think night 5 would be after Jamaica, on the sea day back to Galveston? If you call DCL they give you the nights now, which is why I am thinking they were waiting for 120 days out.
Oh dear, now I'm confused. I was originally thinking they would have Pirate night on the sea day, but when I look at the schedule from the pre-planning guide (copied below), Day 5 is Jamaica, which for a 7 night cruise would be correct as Day 8 we disembark.

Day 1 - Fri, Nov 6 Galveston, Texas
Day 2 - Sat, Nov 7 At Sea (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 3 - Sun, Nov 8 Cozumel, Mexico (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 4 - Mon, Nov 9 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands* (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 5 - Tue, Nov 10 Falmouth, Jamaica (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 6 - Wed, Nov 11 At Sea (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 7 - Thu, Nov 12 At Sea (You have no activities planned for this day.)
Day 8 - Fri, Nov 13 Galveston, Texas (You have no activities planned for this day.)

If I get some time, I can call, or wait until they update the online information. Thanks!

Night 1 casual
Night 2 formal
Night 3 casual
Night 4 casual
Night 5 pirate Night
Night 6 semi formal
Night 7 casual
This is all I can tell you. You are right though, it would be Jamaica night.

Night 1 casual
Night 2 formal
Night 3 casual
Night 4 casual
Night 5 pirate Night
Night 6 semi formal
Night 7 casual
This is all I can tell you. You are right though, it would be Jamaica night.
Thanks! :thumbsup2 Okay, will you guys think I'm weird if I say I'm kind of excited to be having pirate night actually IN the Caribbean? We've had it in the Pacific (Mexico and Hawaii) and in the Bahamas, but this is the first time we will be getting our pirate pirate: on in the Caribbean.

Thanks for the information if I can ask, where do you find all that information? On the site it shows we can't check in until 8/23. I just wanted to find out some info since this is our first Disney cruise.

Thanks for the information if I can ask, where do you find all that information? On the site it shows we can't check in until 8/23. I just wanted to find out some info since this is our first Disney cruise.
DCL will tell you over the phone. There are 4 different check in days for the cruise depending on how many cruises you have done with them. Today was the check in for platinum, so ukintheus could check in today and see what was available.
Thanks ukintheus for letting us know about Cozumel. Hopefully there will be an excursion that sounds interesting when I can check in.

Hi guys, I am thiking of going to a beach in Cozumel. Do I have to sign up and pay through Disney or are there some safe beaches close by the ship for free?

DCL will tell you over the phone. There are 4 different check in days for the cruise depending on how many cruises you have done with them. Today was the check in for platinum, so ukintheus could check in today and see what was available.
Thanks ukintheus for letting us know about Cozumel. Hopefully there will be an excursion that sounds interesting when I can check in.
Thanks.

I second the thanks to ukintheus! To elaborate a bit on check-in days, the following is each level. This can deviate on special cruises, but in general this is the standard.

120 Platinum or Concierge
105 days Gold
90 days silver
75 days new cruisers

Hi guys, I am thiking of going to a beach in Cozumel. Do I have to sign up and pay through Disney or are there some safe beaches close by the ship for free?
Sorry, we've never been to Cozumel, but I did search the thread a bit, and there was some comments about Paradise Beach and a some others. Some of them had some type of fee or they needed a cab ride. I'd recommend searching the thread first hand experiences as well as looking at Trip Adviser.

Just a heads up to everyone in the FE - I need a way to contact all of you. I have email for 2 and contact for another, but I need everyone to check in so I know you still want to be in the FE. I will give everyone time to let me know, but if I don't hear anything I will have to assume you do not want to participate. Thanks everybody:flower1:

my email is nfrick1985@gmail.com

Sorry, we've never been to Cozumel, but I did search the thread a bit, and there was some comments about Paradise Beach and a some others. Some of them had some type of fee or they needed a cab ride. I'd recommend searching the thread first hand experiences as well as looking at Trip Adviser.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter