Wonder & Magic in Nassau

Last time the Magic and Wonder were seen together was the Thanksgiving Western Cc stop in 2005......and previous was 2000......One of 3 pics since 2000.........AWSOME!

DISNEY05134.jpg

I believe that last time the Magic and Wonder saw each other was on 10/14/06 when the Wonder returned from dry dock and was at Port Canaveral with the Magic. I was lucky to be on the Magic and to hear the dueling horns between the 2 sisters.

how do the CM's get the island ready for the passengers if they don't get there until the same time?

Most of the CMs you see on the island come off the ship. The "permanent" staff is very small. Besides, it'a amazing what an organized group can get done in a short time if everyone has an assignment and "gets with the program" - and Disney is famous for organization and planning.

The DIS has just received photos of the Disney Wonder following the Magic into the port of Nassua. The photos are taken from the deck of the Magic. In one of the photos you can see the Mickey flag flying from the bow of the Magic.

Here is the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/news.htm

We hope to have more photos soon but are relying on the ship's internet connection.

Kevin

I wonder ( no pun intended ) how many people tried to board the wrong ship?:rotfl2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wonder how many people swore off touching another shot of rum thinking they were seeing double. ;)

The DIS has just received photos of the Disney Wonder following the Magic into the port of Nassua. The photos are taken from the deck of the Magic. In one of the photos you can see the Mickey flag flying from the bow of the Magic.

Here is the link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/news.htm

We hope to have more photos soon but are relying on the ship's internet connection.

Kevin

What great photos Kevin, thanks for the link :thumbsup2

they left on the Wonder and will return the next time it docks at CC......

Ron

It seems to me that the castaway crew would have to be back on the island before the Wonder returns with passengers. They need time to prepare the island for guests unless they don't let passengers off.

Rob:cool1:

Loved the pics!!!!! Thanks everyone for posting.

Loved the comment about people boarding the wrong ship.....this must be true for the CMs as well!!!!:rotfl:

2angelsinheaven, those pics are SOOOOO cool!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

WHat a sight to see both of the ships together. Thansk so much for sharing all the pictures.

Got to the webcam too late to see it - but the pictures are fabulous!!

You know, the first one of the 2 side-by-side will make a KILLER door magnet for those doing "back-to-back" cruises!! :)

ohhhhhhhhhh :( there gone

wonder what time they left - i refreshed the camera once or twice an hour until i could only see some lights.

ohhhhhhhhhh :( there gone

wonder what time they left - i refreshed the camera once or twice an hour until i could only see some lights.

I found the Magic gone by about 5 PM or so, then I watched the Wonder leave about 7:20. Of course the whole time my kids were rolling their eyes at me. :surfweb: Kids, they just don't understand me, especially when I keep using words like "Magestic" and "Noble" and "Magnificent" :confused3

Here is a Panorama I shot yesterday of both ships together in Nassau. It was beautiful. A great consolation prize to missing Castaway.

SisterShipPano.jpg

Some photos from today's meeting of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder...

2001954683443402031_fs.jpg

2002580610489915198_fs.jpg

Here is a Panorama I shot yesterday of both ships together in Nassau. It was beautiful. A great consolation prize to missing Castaway.

SisterShipPano.jpg

Those shots are just bizarre!!! It sure would make me walk away from any fruit punches on board. Thanks for the wonderfully magical (yes, pun intended) photos!!!

Got to the webcam too late to see it - but the pictures are fabulous!!

You know, the first one of the 2 side-by-side will make a KILLER door magnet for those doing "back-to-back" cruises!! :)

Excellent idea!!!!!!!

And these photos are cooler than cool. :thumbsup2 Many thanks to everyone for posting them so quickly.

We were on the Magic. They started preparing us for the bad CC news at the daily noon update from Captain Tom on 11/1. He read the official forecast word for word. Later that day, Brent gave us an update (which added nothing new about the storm) that indicated we might go to Nassau. It wasn't until we were about to turn around in the harbor that Brent announced that the Wonder was coming behind us. DW and I raced up to the deck 7 secret area to get our first glimpse. We took so many photos, all the while stating that the DCL photo of the day thread would see much action from this day.

The top decks of both ships were lined with people watching. You could see numerous crew members watching and waving, too. I recall 2 soundings of the Magic's horn, with 1 from the Wonder. Even Captain Tom and several officers came out onto the port side bridge wing to observe the Wonder. The guests and staff in the Wonder's spa villas were waving.

Yes, we were told multiple times to get back on the correct ship. You could see and feel the excitement among the staff. We asked several how often both ships dock at the same port on the same day. Most said it was very rare (years ago). The cast members jubilantly went to the opposite ship to see friends. Our Palo server's girlfriend is on the Wonder. DW spotted him coming up behind us on the pier. "Going to see her?" we asked. "YES!" was the response. The smile on his face was priceless. He was powerwalking as fast as he could. Later, we saw Captain Tom headed past the Quiet Cove pool towards the bridge of the Magic. A short time later, Captain John and his wife headed the same way. All aboard was 3pm, we cast off around 3:20, and got moving towards PC without delay.

We were sad not to make it to CC (again), but figured this once in a lifetime experience helped to make up for it. Photos of the 2 ships together could be purchased for $12 each in Shutters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter