Wonder(lots of pics)-8 people, 4 nights and 2 trips to CC–July 27-31 (complete w/WDW)

love the report. We will be doing out first Disney cruise in Nov on the Magic. I love all the pics your sharring to.

How do you get the horn on the computer for your email? I would love to have that.

I would love to know how you did this as well....how cool!!! My kids would get a major kick out of this!!! Please PM me the details....

Hi! Great trip report so far! Loving all the details and pics . Your DD's are beautiful and you can tell are having the time of their lives :goodvibes

Your pictures are great! I am missing the cruise...

I agree, it's been almost 3 weeks and I'm still in depression over being home.

Loving your report!! Can't wait to hear more!!:thumbsup2

Hopefully the next update will be up tonight! Thanks!

I love this TR... We were on the 4-day Double-dip that left on 8/3... I miss it already... :) I still need to get my pictures off the camera!!

Mark

Thanks! We had so much fun!!

Really loving your trip report so far - your girls are so photogenic. I would love to do a Double Dip - can't think of anything better than 2 days in the most heavenly place on earth :)

Thanks, my girls love to ham it up for the camera! We also loved 2 days at CC - that's why we chose this itinerary!

I just love your trip report and all the pics! I can't wait to read more.....popcorn::

Thanks! Hopefully tonight...I'm a teacher and have to start thinking about getting my classroom ready. We go back next week! :sad1:

Hi! Great trip report so far! Loving all the details and pics . Your DD's are beautiful and you can tell are having the time of their lives :goodvibes

It was the time of their lives! They were spoiled rotten all week by the relatives and all the great cast members on the ship!

Loving your report and the pictures are great. My trip is so close and reading yours gets me even more excited.

Castaway Cay – day 1

We all slept great that first night and awoke to a very cloudy horizon. We were up early and no land in sight yet. We started seeing land and then “the island” came into sight. With it came a great rainstorm and then a fabulous rainbow. Don went up on the top deck to get some shots.

disney08574-1.jpg

disney08573.jpg

The skies started clearing and we could see the island. On day 1 at CC the boat pulled in so we could see the island from our verandah. On day 2 we pulled in the opposite and we had an ocean view from our verandah. I thought that was pretty neat, giving each side of the boat a chance for the great views!

Here’s the view as we pulled in, before anyone was allowed off:

disney081136.jpg

We had all agreed to meet at 7:30 for breakfast, and be off the boat at 8:30 a.m., we weren’t excited or anything:goodvibes  We also wanted a fast breakfast, so we went up to deck 9 and had the buffet at Beach Blanket. It was great – lots of food for everyone. Again the servers helped the girls get their trays and drinks to the table. These people know how to keep the parents happy.
The captain made the announcement that we could disembark and we were off…. We got our pic taken as we got off the boat. The ship doesn’t even look real in this pic.

cruisepics.jpg

I had read about the family beach getting crowded, and to head all the way to the end. We did that and found great spots by 9:00 a.m. and basically had our area all to ourselves for an hour or so. The girls were so excited, they were in the water before I had my coverup off.
We had come from a beach trip the week before in North Carolina with big waves, and “unclear” water, so they loved the calm and clear water.

disney08853.jpg

Rina, Lizzietish and Don went to get our snorkeling stuff, and floats. We had rented the two day package. During that time, we lost Nana and Bubba again – I think they forgot something on the ship, and had to return to their stateroom.
The girls played around with their snorkel stuff in the water before our Stingray adventure.

cruisepics002.jpg

We all enjoyed playing in the water for about an hour, then we had scheduled Castaway Ray’s Stingray adventure for 10:00 a.m. Nana and Bubba appeared just in time, and we all headed over to play with the stingrays.
DD1 loved it, DD2 not so much! DD2 and I ended leaving early and heading back to the beach. Everyone else fed the rays and then snorkeled with them in the area. It was great! First time snorkeling for everyone except Rina, Don and I.

disney08587.jpg

After that adventure, we all headed back and Don wanted to go out into the snorkel area and explore. He went off by himself and we all hung back and enjoyed the beach until lunch.

Here's the view towards the boat right before lunch:
disney081336.jpg

Rina, myself and 2 DD's playing in the water:
disney08612.jpg

Lizzietish with the girls:
disney08956.jpg

We decided to head over to lunch before the crowds got too bad. We got there around 11:30 a.m. and had a great lunch.Again, Nana and Bubba said they would meet us there, and never appeared. This was becoming a pattern. We are easy to please when it comes to meals out. If I don’t have to prepare it, and we don’t have to clean up afterwards, then it’s probably going to be a great meal in our books.

Walking to lunch:
disney081347.jpg

lauradisney08130.jpg

On our way back to the beach, I had promised the girls hair braiding. I didn’t want to do the hair wraps that Disney World offers, so we waited for the real Bahamanian hair braiding. They each got two braids and were so proud!

lauradisney08133-1.jpg

lauradisney08132-1.jpg

After lunch, Don came back and talked about all of the great things to see out in the snorkel area. He was going to take DD1 out later that afternoon. We all enjoyed more beach time, and found a few characters at a dance party at the Gazebo, but it was really hot and crazy, so we didn’t stay long.
Again, we took advantage of the drink servers walking the beach.

Here’s Rina with her 2 for 1 deal:
disney081133.jpg

Lizzietish and Nana tried the parasailing adventure that afternoon also. Nana loved it, Lizzietish…not so much.
I had decided to head back to the boat earlier than the rest, to get myself cleaned up before the troops came back. I left about 3:00 p.m. and the others came back around 4:00. That worked well, as I was showered and ready to help the girls when they returned.
We all cleaned up, then rested some…

Here are my sleepy pirates after a day on the beach, and before dinner:
lauradisney08139.jpg

lauradisney08138.jpg

...we all were excited for PIRATE NIGHT!

Up next: meeting Captain Jack (2nd in line:cool1: ), sleepy pirates and fireworks!

The horn sounded! I finally heard it live – I had been hearing it on our computer for the past month. My husband found the sound file and made it our email signal. Every time we received email for the last month the horn sounded. Now it was real and we were moving.

13 months of planning and we were on our way!!

Up next: Oliver, Nyoman and the Golden Mickeys!

I have the ship's horn as my email signal too. LOVE IT!! Enjoying your TR!

Really enjoying your report and all of your pics!! Can't wait to read how pirate night turns out!!

Melissa:flower3:

Fantastic - Castaway Cay looks just as beautiful as I remember. It's amazing how the sun, sand, sea and fresh air tires you out, isn't it?

Great report so far! Your girls are adorable. I'm going on a 3 day cruise on Thurs so your pics are getting me in the mood!

I have the ship's horn as my email signal too. LOVE IT!! Enjoying your TR!

Hearing the horn on our computer for so long, made hearing it live so much better! I miss it so much! THanks!

Can't wait for more pics.
Great report.

More pics coming, thanks for the kind words!

Really enjoying your report and all of your pics!! Can't wait to read how pirate night turns out!!

Melissa:flower3:

Pirate night was almost a disaster, as you'll see but thanks to the great servers, crisis diverted!

Fantastic - Castaway Cay looks just as beautiful as I remember. It's amazing how the sun, sand, sea and fresh air tires you out, isn't it?

It really did knock out our girls! They were done! But luckily were revived for the night's activities.

Pirate Night!

After our busy day on Castaway Cay, everyone showered and rested for a while. The girls were definitely wiped out from all of the sun and sea!
We had made plans with everyone to meet and go find Captain Jack before dinner. He was supposed to be outside the Walt Disney Theater at 5:30. Well, I was worried that there would be a line and we had dinner at 5:45, so we headed up at 5:10 p.m. to check it out. There was already one family there waiting, so we joined in behind them and hung out.

Everyone had pirate shirts on except Lizzietish and the girls had full Pirate costumes. I had decided to plan ahead and they were pirates for Halloween, and then we recycled the costumes for Pirate night on the cruise. It worked great!
Here we are goofing around before Captain Jack arrived:

DD1
disney081143-1.jpg

Nana and Bubba:
disney081141.jpg

Rina and Bubba:
disney08616.jpg

Captain Jack arrived at 5:30 exactly and was great. DD1 was very excited to meet him, DD2…not so much. He was a great character, and the interaction was fantastic.
Here’s our pic, and as you can tell DD2 was “forced” into the pic:

cruisepics006.jpg

After our quick visit with Captain Jack, we realized we still had time before dinner, and Pirate Stitch was just down the hallway above the Atrium, so we hustled down there and were able to get a pic with him before our dinner.
DD1 fell in love with Stitch on this trip, he became her favorite character.

lauradisney08141-1.jpg

Here’s our family pic:

disney08622.jpg

Then we saw Pirate Minnie, so squeezed in one more character, then off to dinner:

disney08626.jpg

Dinner that night was at Animator’s Palate with the Pirate Menu, and it didn’t start out well…
DD2 didn’t wake up well from her nap, on top of not really liking Captain Jack, and she was hungry, and she was grumpy, and…..

…we sat down to dinner with Nyoman and Oliver and there was NOTHING on the kids menu that she wanted. It was the beginning of a great six year old fit. Nyoman, our head server, could sense that we were in the early stages of a meltdown, and asked what she wanted to eat…I told him ideally a bowl of spaghetti and some fruit (even though I didn’t think it was possible). He also asked for DD1’s order and he was off. Oliver was still taking our drink orders, and Nyoman appeared about 10 minutes later with a spaghetti meal for DD2 and our DD1’s order also. We didn’t even have our drinks yet, let alone order our meals. It was fantastic. DD2 had her spaghetti, was beginning to smile again and all was well. We were forever grateful to Nyoman for "saving the day." I even spoke to the Head server in the dining room, and his comment was, "It is our job to keep the parents happy, and to do that we have to keep the kids happy." Sounds good to me!:thumbsup2

Actually after finishing her meal, she was really happy – if she was this moody at 6, what would happen later in life? ;)
Here’s our happy pirate after a special spaghetti meal made just for her:

disney08634.jpg

disney08638.jpg

disney08635.jpg

Another fun touch for the kids is to ask for ketchup for the meal. You don’t get a bottle or a nice bowl of ketchup, you get Mickey ketchup on a plate – my DD1 loved it, and asked every night for ketchup.

lauradisney08116.jpg

After dinner, we decided to bypass the show that evening, and rest up for the Pirate Party, since it didn’t start until 9:45 p.m.
We were through with dinner by about 7:00 p.m. and wandered around the ship. We came upon the Lifestyle Portraits and the girls had seen the “jumping” pictures in Shutters, and wanted to try. We stopped and had their photos taken by the same girl who took their snorkel pic on CC that morning. Her name was Grace and she did the Lifestyle pics each night on the ship. She was fantastic..we said they wanted the “Jumping Pictures” and she knew exactly what to do. They came out great!

cruisepics011.jpg

cruisepics010.jpg

cruisepics008.jpg

cruisepics009.jpg

We then went over the the “Wonder at Night” background and got a family pic taken there also.

cruisepics007.jpg

Shutters certainly got their share of money from us on this trip. All of the pics taken by the photographers came out so well!!!
After the pics, we headed back to the room to rest for about an hour before the Party.

About 9:30 p.m. we headed up to Deck 9 for the “Pirates In The Caribbean Party.” It was already packed. We had explained to the girls that it would be like the Sail Away party with dancing and characters, just in the dark and pirate themed. To our surprise, the girls wanted to go to Deck 10 and watch from there. They weren’t interested in being front and center stage for this party. I think they were really tired, and didn’t want to admit it. We found a great spot to watch everything from up on Deck 10 and just parked and relaxed.
The show started and it was really fun:

disney081162.jpg

disney081167.jpg

disney081170.jpg

disney081174.jpg

It was hard to get pics in the dark, with all of the movement, but Rina got a great one of Mickey coming in to save the day:

disney081177.jpg

disney081178.jpg

Then the fireworks started, and it was really neat to be in the middle of the ocean and have fireworks going off around you.

After the fireworks our pirates were too pooped to pop, and we headed back to the room to sleep. We didn’t even see the Pirate Buffet that I had heard so much about. We were still stuffed from dinner and exhausted.
It was a great first full day on the Wonder!

Up next: Nassau, “fun people,” shuffleboard with Goofy and birds

**I hope you are all enjoying our adventures, feel free to comment or ask any questions as we continue on this adventure together!

pirate: Your pics came out great!!!! It looks like your family had a vacation to remember.

What time do you think we need to get to deck 10 for a good spot for the Pirate show?

Your report is fantastic! I'll be on the Wonder a week from tomorrow. Thanks for helping me get excited!

Melissa

Your daughters are adorable! And I love the pics from pirate night of them!! Looking forward to the rest! :)

Great update - nice to see that DD2 managed to cheer up later in the evening. How great that your server went to such lengths to keep the kids happy :thumbsup2

Loving your report
Thanks for sharing

Great report so far! Your girls are adorable. I'm going on a 3 day cruise on Thurs so your pics are getting me in the mood!

Thanks! I am so jealous, I wish I was returning soon. We're talking about a 7 day in 2010.:confused3

pirate: Your pics came out great!!!! It looks like your family had a vacation to remember.

What time do you think we need to get to deck 10 for a good spot for the Pirate show?

We had a great time! We got up to deck 10 at 9:30, but it was already pretty crowded. I'd think a little earlier if you want a great view of the events below.

Your report is fantastic! I'll be on the Wonder a week from tomorrow. Thanks for helping me get excited!

Melissa

I'm having a great time writing this, it's helping to get over the post vacation depression. :)

Your daughters are adorable! And I love the pics from pirate night of them!! Looking forward to the rest! :)

Pirate night was a blast! There weren't that many people dressed up, so the girls got a lot of attention! They had fun.

love the report! :goodvibes

Thanks! Next post tonight hopefully!

Great update - nice to see that DD2 managed to cheer up later in the evening. How great that your server went to such lengths to keep the kids happy :thumbsup2

Thanks! We were all happy to see DD2 snap out of it. Our servers were really fantastic! It was sad to say goodbye to them.

Loving your report
Thanks for sharing

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter