Wonder(lots of pics)-8 people, 4 nights and 2 trips to CC–July 27-31 (complete w/WDW)

One thing I think I forgto to ask. I beleive you said you got the girls hair braided on CC? Where at and how much?

One thing I think I forgto to ask. I beleive you said you got the girls hair braided on CC? Where at and how much?

We did do that! The girls loved it. There is a hair brading station at the end of the family beach - past Cookies BBQ. Each girl got two braids, so for four braids I paid (including a tip), I think $8.00. The station is staffed by Bahamian ladies that come to the island on days when the ship is docked there. They were very nice and pleasant. We went after lunch and there was no wait.

I enjoyed reading your report, we are planning a Land & Sea package for next year, we have a deposit already on the trip. Where in VA are you? We live in Williamsburg. Thanks for sharing.

excellent :) i leave in less than 3 weeks reading this i really cant wait:banana:

We did do that! The girls loved it. There is a hair brading station at the end of the family beach - past Cookies BBQ. Each girl got two braids, so for four braids I paid (including a tip), I think $8.00. The station is staffed by Bahamian ladies that come to the island on days when the ship is docked there. They were very nice and pleasant. We went after lunch and there was no wait.

Thanks. Did you just have them do tha back underneath? Also was it very painful. DD is so jumpy about that, so wondering if she will sit. But she usuall ysits for others and not me. LOL!

I enjoyed reading your report, we are planning a Land & Sea package for next year, we have a deposit already on the trip. Where in VA are you? We live in Williamsburg. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading, we are in Northern Virginia, about an hour outside of DC. We had a great time, I wish there was another one planned.

excellent :) i leave in less than 3 weeks reading this i really cant wait:banana:

Have a great time!

Thanks. Did you just have them do tha back underneath? Also was it very painful. DD is so jumpy about that, so wondering if she will sit. But she usuall ysits for others and not me. LOL!

The hair braiding was not painful at all. The girls got two in the back, underneath along the hair line. Then on the second CC day, we went back and got two more on the other side. They loved it. Each braid took about 5 minutes for the ladies to do. It was great!!

First Time Wonder – 8 people, 4 nights and2 trips to CC – July 27-31

Having never done a trip report, I decided to give it a try. I have loved reading everyone’s reports before our first Wonder cruise so I thought I’d share our trip. We combined our first DCL cruise with four days at Disney World before the cruise. It was our third trip in three years to DW and we loved our three nights at the Wilderness Lodge (our home away from home), but we were even more excited about waking up on Saturday morning, finishing our Animal Kingdom day and then taking Magical Express back to the airport to meet up with the rest of our family flying in for our cruise which leaves “tomorrow!” We all decided to stay the night before at the Airport Hyatt and be ready to board the DCL bus early the next morning to head to the port.
So…here goes….first the cast of characters for our trip (and I do mean characters)!

Me – Laura – Disney planning fanatic – elementary school teacher, wife and mom
DH – Don – husband to Disney planning fanatic, great dad, and also elementary school teacher
DD1 – age 8 – going into third grade
DD2 – age 6 – going into first grade

Here's a pic of us from our beach trip 4 days before we left for our Disney trip.(We love both being teachers and being able to travel all summer.)
beach2834.jpg

The rest of the characters that joined us are:
“Rina” – my mom and grandma to DD’s
“Nana and Bubba” – DH’s parents and grandparents to DD’s
“LizzieTish” – nickname for DH”s sister, beloved aunt to DD’s

So, after four quiet days at Disney World with just the four of us, we were now arriving back at the airport to find the Hyatt, check in and let the craziness begin with the other 4 that would be joining us. Nana and Bubba were flying in from Pennsylvania and Rina and LizzieTish were flying in from Virginia. We were all meeting at the Hyatt and gearing up for four nights of fun!

Let me start by saying that the Airport Hyatt was the best choice I made for our pre cruise night. It was beautiful, convenient and made our beginning of our journey so smooth. We arrived back at the Hyatt at 3:00 pm, Nana and Bubba were already checked in, so after we got settled in our rooms, we headed straight to the roof top pool for some fun with the grandparents. Rina and LizzieTish were not scheduled to arrive until about 6:00 pm.

Here's DD2 looking out at the view from our Hyatt room - straight down into the airport terminal - very cool!
disney08494.jpg

and the view from our balcony
lauradisney08185.jpg

the girls with Nana and Bubba at the rooftop pool
lauradisney08089.jpg

it really was a beautiful pool
lauradisney08077.jpg

Up next... Rina and Lizzietish arrive, dinner, we lose Nana and Bubba - lots of sleep and off to Port Canaveral.

How did you get from the WDW resort to the Hyatt?

Great trip report. We've gone on two and had the time of our lives. We've cruised 9 times, but Disney cruises are by far our favorite. They are worth the added cost for sure!! We can't wait to have our own little one to take on them!! Hubby is 39, I'm 34 and my parents went the 2nd time Mom 61 & Dad 62 they loved it just as much as we did!!

Loved the pictures, felt like I was back there again! So much fun!!!

Just read your trip report, its great! Its got me even more excited (if thats possible!) for my cruise in November. It will be my honeymoon so I hope its really special :lovestruc

Where was that ToyStory Picture taken? I liked the background. Is it near toystory midway mania.

Yep, it is a new (well, new in July) meet n greet across from the new Toy Story ride in the Studios. There are a lot of neat things to look at and great photo ops while you are in the line waiting for the characters.

I loved your TR! I recently booked our first cruise for Oct. 2010. I know it's over 2 years away, but it allows me enough time to plan for a land portion of the vacation too for after the cruise. I don't know a whole lot about the cruise, and your TR definitely gave me an idea of what to expect! Your whole family looks like you had a fabulous time, and I'm excited and can't wait for our vacation! Thanks for sharing!

Hello,

Believe it or not, we were on the exact same cruise as you! We actually crossed paths once - you said you were the second family in line to meet Jack Sparrow outside the Walt Disney Theatre - my sister and I were just behind you in line. We made sure to get there early since we missed him on Castaway Cay earlier that day. I really enjoyed the picture of your family and the aft of the Disney Wonder. My version of that same pose is on my wall, and I agree completely that it looks too good to be a real background!

I'm just glad we had perfect weather (except for that early morning rain - we saw the rainbow too) for those four days.

Thank you for posting your report!
Robert

Thanks for the reply, it was a great cruise wasn't it? It sure is a small world!

Hello,

Believe it or not, we were on the exact same cruise as you! We actually crossed paths once - you said you were the second family in line to meet Jack Sparrow outside the Walt Disney Theatre - my sister and I were just behind you in line. We made sure to get there early since we missed him on Castaway Cay earlier that day. I really enjoyed the picture of your family and the aft of the Disney Wonder. My version of that same pose is on my wall, and I agree completely that it looks too good to be a real background!

I'm just glad we had perfect weather (except for that early morning rain - we saw the rainbow too) for those four days.

Thank you for posting your report!
Robert

Hi there! We had the same waiters! Oliver was the best. I couldn't help but fall in love with your scrapbook book. Who did you order this through? Walgreens only has PRE FILLED pages. How did you upload the Disney pages. I would love to do this, if possible. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts