• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

When you go to vancouver, here's a tip- Stay at Pan Pacific Hotel the night before. It's literally ontop of the cruise terminal. We called the bellman, he took our bags right to the ship, the next time we saw them was in our room. Very convenient. Steam works for dinner in gas town was great too!

Just booked this trip for our 30th anniversary (just the one way Vancouver to Hawaii)! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. This time just the two of us - somebody needs to watch the dogs!

Aloha! We booked this cruise the first morning it was available. Happy to be returning to Hawaii on Disney Cruise Line. We did the October 2012 DCL Hawaii cruise and had the time of our lives. DW and I and her twin sister and husband will be traveling together.
No Disney cruise for us in 2014 - we've been saving all year for a Christmas trip to the South Pacific (with three days on Oahu as we return).

LKShep and AFrayedKnot, I want to welcome you to the board and hope you have a great trip. I look forward to getting to meet every one.

Hi All,

Count us in! We'll be doing both Hawaii cruises B2B. :cool1:

We were fortunate to do both Hawaii cruises in 2012 so if folks have questions let us know. (work keeps us busy so we don't get to the boards everyday and don't use FB so if we don't respond right away don't think we're ignoring you, just busy).

It will be Bob and Dale (DW).

If it is anything like the first 2 Hawaii cruises we'll all have wonderful time. They brought on folks from Aulani for all kinds of special activities.

Bob

Bob, Wow! You're able to do multiple B2B cruises..... I'm jealous!

Fraidyknot, congrats on your 30th anniversary. We also celebrated our 30th this year, but on the DCL to Italy. THAT was amazing! Looking forward to Hawaii next year.

To all, I've seen posts for FE but nothing for a meet n greet. Anything in the works?

Posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

Please review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

We would also like to be a part of a meet and greet onboard! On other cruises they were planned for the first afternoon just before the sail away party... Please post the time and place if a meet is arranged! Thanks! nancy (and DH John)

Posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

Please review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Dear webmaster Doc,

I have a question back to you regarding this. Where on the DIS boards site can personal information that normally shows up on FE lists and Meet-n-Greet lists be posted securely instead of just publicly?

Hello All!
DW Melissa (59) and I Jon (59) are happy to sail on our sixth Disney Cruise with all of you! I am not sure what gold is all about, but we are excited to learn all about the next level of Disney Cruising. This will be our first trip to Hawaii and forth cruise on the Wonder!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Dear webmaster Doc,

I have a question back to you regarding this. Where on the DIS boards site can personal information that normally shows up on FE lists and Meet-n-Greet lists be posted securely instead of just publicly?

I'm not sure why you chose not to ask this via PM (if you truly wanted an answer) since I do not review these threads regularly, but will still respond hoping you will answer my questions as quickly as I am answering your question.

First names and Stateroom numbers can certainly be safely posted. What other information do you feel would be needed? Where do you feel you can post anything "securely" on the internet?

I would suggest that you can post ANYTHING here on the DIS as securely as you can post it anywhere else. Thanks for asking that question and thanks in advance for your prompt reply. :)

Welcome Jon and Melissa!
Hopefully we can meet all of you onboard! Hopefully we CAN post on here where and when we could all meet up on the first day onboard, just to say "hi"!
If anyone gets any ideas for excursions, please post!
If any of you were on the 2012 Hawaii sailings, didn't DCL eventually change the time ashore to make the all "aboard time" later at least some of the days? I think I remember reading that they did extend the hours ashore and some people went to evening luaus etc, but I can't find posts about it through searches... Our Maui day is so short, we can't find an excursion to take us on the road to Hana going around the loop to Oheo gulch etc, since our all aboard time that day is so early. DCL does offer very expensive excursions that don't even go much past Hana or to Oheo. Any ideas?
This will be our 9th DCL cruise and third on the wonder.
We can't wait to meet all of you!
nancy

Hopefully we can meet all of you onboard! Hopefully we CAN post on here where and when we could all meet up on the first day onboard, just to say "hi"!

Of course you are welcome to post here on the DIS about "where and when you could all meet up on the first day onboard, just to say "hi!".

Have a great cruise! :)

I'm not sure why you chose not to ask this via PM (if you truly wanted an answer) since I do not review these threads regularly, but will still respond hoping you will answer my questions as quickly as I am answering your question.

First names and Stateroom numbers can certainly be safely posted. What other information do you feel would be needed? Where do you feel you can post anything "securely" on the internet?

I would suggest that you can post ANYTHING here on the DIS as securely as you can post it anywhere else. Thanks for asking that question and thanks in advance for your prompt reply. :)

Dear WebmasterDoc,

I will try to answer your questions timely... I hope you consider 2 days quick enough :littleangel:

First, since you posted the information regarding the policy against listing things on the DIS such as Info about FB groups, I felt my questions and your subsequent answers should be available to those reading this thread, not just between you and I via PM.

Next, many of the FE and meet n greet lists have a last name, age, where you are from, if you are celebrating anything special, if you have dietary needs, kids names and ages, etc. One of the amazing things about these groups are the connection you make and the friendships you forge. On the other hand, some only want a forum to ask questions and get info about cruising, ports, when pirate night is, dining rotations. Etc. The DIS boards are perfect for that :cheer2::cheer2: BUT other people want something more. That's what the other places offer.

You're right to say that keeping things private vs. public is challenging on the Internet. Because google docs and FB can be closed to the public, the groups can be set up as private, and to different levels of privacy. Mostly, they are by invitation or referral only.

I like those avenues in addition to DIS board because I don't want to have info on this public page as to when we will be on a trip, how long we'll be gone, etc. From talking to others on the cruises we've been on, they also like the flexibility to be as anonymous or connected as they like.

Thanks for reading....and let us know where the above info could be shared securely on the DIS boards.

Next, many of the FE and meet n greet lists have a last name, age, where you are from, if you are celebrating anything special, if you have dietary needs, kids names and ages, etc. One of the amazing things about these groups are the connection you make and the friendships you forge. On the other hand, some only want a forum to ask questions and get info about cruising, ports, when pirate night is, dining rotations. Etc. The DIS boards are perfect for that :cheer2::cheer2: BUT other people want something more. That's what the other places offer.

You're right to say that keeping things private vs. public is challenging on the Internet. Because google docs and FB can be closed to the public, the groups can be set up as private, and to different levels of privacy. Mostly, they are by invitation or referral only.

I like those avenues in addition to DIS board because I don't want to have info on this public page as to when we will be on a trip, how long we'll be gone, etc. From talking to others on the cruises we've been on, they also like the flexibility to be as anonymous or connected as they like.

FEs have been (and continue to be) organized and managed here on the DIS without the need for last names and addresses. First names, stateroom #, ages of children, allergies might be necessary, but truly personal information is not needed to know which staterooms and how many are participating. If you truly feel that much personal information is needed in order to enjoy a FE, then you are correct, the DIS is not the avenue for requiring posters to provide such private information. However if you feel that any other internet medium is truly secure, you are sadly mistaken.

As for "private" or "by invitation or referral only" sites, I can assure you that information garnered and provided to those individuals is not private by any means. Even the suggestion that it is restricted in some fashion by the person who creates the group is suspect. What proof is required by that person to know that you are even going on the cruise? What about those who report they signed up for the cruise and later announce they have canceled? How do you know that everyone with access to the information you provide will use it as you intended?

Again, we have no issue with Cruise Meets and/or Fish Extenders being organized elsewhere, but we will not provide those sites the opportunity to solicit membership on this site.

Our only other option, which has been considered and still being reviewed based on the success/failure of enforcing this policy (which has been in the DIS Guidelines since 1997 when the DIS began), would be to simply close down the Cruise Meets board and not allow any organization of such meets or programs anyplace on the DIS. At this time, we are giving this forum another chance and, with only a few exceptions, have not had resistance to the policy or its enforcement.

Sorry to hear you feel it necessary for private information to be required anyplace on the internet for a FE or Cruise Meet.

We wish you well on your cruise.

I am organizing the FE for this cruise as well as for the Sept 17 Hawaii cruise. If you would like to sign up please pm me with your room number, your name, the number of adults, the number of children and their gender and age(optional) and if you want what you are celebrating. I will add you to the list and post a final list on here closer to the PIF date. Thank you. I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret Mickey exchange?

I am organizing the FE for this cruise as well as for the Sept 17 Hawaii cruise. If you would like to sign up please pm me with your room number, your name, the number of adults, the number of children and their gender and age(optional) and if you want what you are celebrating. I will add you to the list and post a final list on here closer to the PIF date. Thank you. I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret Mickey exchange?

Is the FE group going to be capped at a certain number of cabins? We may be interested, but our last cruise the FE ended up with 4 groups that were supposed to have only 20 in each group. The tough part was that even tho it was 20 "people", many people had multiple cabins... and our group ended up closer to 30 cabins :eek::eek:

I would be very interested in a meet n greet. THAT was fun to have lots at :flower3::flower3: We ended up getting them to open O'Gills (on the Magic) for our M&G. We had 74 adults and 30 kids sign up (all but 10 showed) :cheer2::cheer2: I even surprised the group with personalized name tags.

We did a M&G on our last cruise and we had glow in the dark bracelets with the cruise dates on it. One of the guys had people who would like one to PM him and he ordered them for the group. He also asked if people would like to help pay for them that would be great. Any money collected over the cost of the bracelets was given to the crew for their party. I would be willing to do that for us. We also did a king and queen night. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter