Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

This is such a quiet group. Has anyone been to any of these ports before and if so are there any must sees?

I think it still so far away that we don't have much to say as of yet:). That being said, I am very anxiously awaiting information about port excursions and suggestions on what to do where and when.

We know we DON'T want to take any helicopter rides over any islands or volcanoes, but we definitely DO want to visit the Pearl Harbor/USS Arizona memorial, do some snorkeling, tour a volcano park, and attend a luau at the very least. I know, all very tourist-y, but that's what we'll be there for!:yay:

This is such a quiet group. Has anyone been to any of these ports before and if so are there any must sees?
Next year at this time, we won't be able to keep up with the conversation. Need to get through the 2014 WBTA and then the Princess 1/2 Marathon and Cruise in February. That is the big one because of the training. Only 37 weeks to get myself in shape.

We will be onboard as well :-) Our kids will be 5 and 13, both boys and my mom and sister- 11 will be on board too! Can't wait!! Im pretty sure we will be doing a few nights at aulani afterwards!

Hello. We just returned from the EBTA cruise. It was our first, and we had a amazing time. While I was doing laundry I asked a woman where did she buy her laundry bag. She told me about fish tales. I signed up for the Hawaii cruise. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
455 days!

Well we had to jump ship. With both of our girls in college we are no longer in charge of our schedule so we had to cancel this and the cruise for this fall.

Laura and I will miss not being on this cruise but that happens.

We hope y'all have a great time.

Bill

Yes, I know that I myself am pretty quiet right now...I'm right smack in the midst of nursing school with so little time for myself. However, I think about this Alaska/Hawaii B2B every day. This time next year, I will finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel: Graduating with my BSN and then 2 Disney cruises! CAN'T WAIT!!

I haven't been to Hawaii since I was 14 years old. I spent 2 weeks in Honolulu and had the time of my young life.

Oh yes, once the major planning begins getting flights and hotels and all that I'm sure it will go quickly! Until then I am trying to plan a short cruise to hold me over. I can't go until next September without having time off from work, I would pull my hair out!!

I was so excited to open my mailbox this afternoon and find...Disney mail! It's not much, the planning guide but it's a little slice of excitement!

We're cruising on the Sept 7th one. DH, myself and DS-4 (birthday while we are on the cruise!) and DD-8. I am pulling my hair out already looking at hotels and flights....what a whippin'....Anyone else coming from the Fort Worth, Texas area? PS-when do our FE groups get assigned? I've already been scouting FE ideas.

Hi Nancy,

I haden't heard of the DCL navigator app. It's installing to my iPhone now!

TK

Hi TK,
I just came back a couple of weeks ago from the Wonder's Alaskan cruise. The app worked so "wonder"fully! It was my first cruise with Disney and that app kept me sane. There was no need for jotting down notes nor juggling and rearranging my schedule . You get to see the happenings of the ship for each day and for days ahead. Simply find what you'd like to do and add as a favourite. I was able to know where the characters were and when and how many times during the day; then inform me when a favourite was about to start. I loved it because I was traveling with my 4 ½ year old DGD and we got to meet every character there was on the ship. It also has maps of each deck and the times the restaurants are open for meals. I found it completely reliable. I only had one issue but that was the fault of my iPhone's location. It got confused of where I was and advanced the time to the next day. Guest Services helped me out and I had to go into my settings and manually control what time zone I was in. Other than that it was perfect.

BOOKED!!! My daughter (18) and I on this one! We live in Vancouver so its easy for us to do this one!

Back to back - I thought that was illegal due to maritime law?

Hi LM,

I'm a neighbour here in Surrey! Have you decided on hotels and flights from Hawaii to here? I was thinking of flying in either into Bellingham or Seattle.

NM

Aloha! We live on the Big Island and booked on day one. So excited to be on this cruise and to see the islands from the ocean! Really looking forward to meeting all of you! Karen and Ron:hug:

Hi Karen,

What is the one thing on the Big Island that is a "Must Do" from your point of view? "If there's one thing a tourist ought to see, they should.....".

Last edited:
I was so excited to open my mailbox this afternoon and find...Disney mail! It's not much, the planning guide but it's a little slice of excitement!

We are going on the cruise back. I'm excited but it still seems so far off. Does anybody have ideas/ plans for shore trips? We plan to stay a few nights at Aulani before the cruise and visit the Arizona Memorial and do a few other things. My Mom and I have been to Hawaii but my sister and niece have not.

DW (NicoleKristal), DS (will be 19 months) and I just booked the two Hawaii itineraries as a B2B.

Just as we were cancelling our 2015 Baltic cruise itinerary after having returned from a month of travels in Europe this summer (no cruising, just flights) and thinking that we're probably not cut for flying with DS once he's mobile, we remembered how blissfully convenient it was sailing out of Vancouver for our (pre-children) Alaska cruise. Sailing to and from Hawaii seemed like the obvious thing to do!

Looking forward to meeting many of you! I see that there are quite a few B2Bers, and some from Vancouver as well!

I am excited to be apart of this group cruising to Hawaii. Right now we are not doing the B2B, but I hope that will be changing. DH and I without our 2 kids will be on the Sept. 7th cruise. We are also signed up on the FE group.

to katekaru I am from the Dallas area as well and I haven't seen flights yet, I'm thinking it is just too early. As for hotels, I am hoping to get into Aulani and use DVC points but I can't book for another 6 months for that. I joined the FE group that is set up earlier in this blog you can also find it on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/HI2015AFE/

I am in Philadelphia but moving to the west coast where my Mom, sister & niece live. We are all going on this cruise. I guess Aulani is very large so there will be room. We would like to stay there, too before cruising back to Vancouver.

Hi everyone. My DH and I are very excited about this cruise! Can't wait to hear about the excursions.

Hi everyone. My DH and I are very excited about this cruise! Can't wait to hear about the excursions.

Welcome. Have you joined an FE group?

I couldn't wait for the excursions to become available either, so I've been researching online about the Hawaiian Islands.

This time next year we will be meeting new friends as we all get together for our cruise to Hawaii. The year will go by fast, time to start some serious planning. :hourglass

Welcome. Have you joined an FE group? I couldn't wait for the excursions to become available either, so I've been researching online about the Hawaiian Islands.

No we didn't join a FE group yet. Just deciding if we will have room in the suitcases for all the extra stuff. We are going on the Wonder on the 27th. Will start planning for Hawaii after that if we don't book another one in between. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter