Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

Man I thought I was good to start booking at midnight tomorrow night for excursions and what not. Turns out I'm at work till 12:30-1:00 am :( If I didn't need money for these excursions I'd call in :) For all of you booking tomorrow save me and my wife a palo brunch alright :)

SO excited to book excursions tomorrow! I am curious to see if anything fills quickly because I'm cruising with a couple newbies who can't book for a couple more weeks. I would think Palo brunch would be fine since we have 5 sea days to choose from. We shall see! :-)

I wonder if my cast would mind if I ran away at midnight and started booking because I'll be so upset if things I want are gone. We also are cruising with a few newbies and after I book I'm suppose to give them some info on what's left.

Glad there is some excitement going around because I am so disappointed. I was hoping there would be a luau, but I guess that is only available on the second Hawaii cruise. Also, Palo brunch is already sold out. That's what I get for thinking there were plenty of sea days to go around. Guess I can try later and/or onboard.

What are you doing in Maui? I don't know what to pick...

Well I'm not upset about not being able to do a luau I'm kinda disappointed that we are not in port longer. I had my heart set on a sunset excursion in Maui but there only doing it on the other cruise. I thought since the islands are so close we would be able to stay later. I guess not

Well I'm not upset about not being able to do a luau I'm kinda disappointed that we are not in port longer. I had my heart set on a sunset excursion in Maui but there only doing it on the other cruise. I thought since the islands are so close we would be able to stay later. I guess not

Yes, this surprised me as well. Oh well, I'm sure it will all still be great anyway.

We wife and I, along with at least one of our children are! My parents are as well :banana:
omg Us too! Never had a real honeymoon as our eldest daughter was 3 months old when we got married. Always said we would go to Hawaii after they were grown. Now both girls are in college, and this will be the first vacation without them in 22 years. Not sure I will know what to do with myself.

We are booked for this one too. Just me and my hubby on kind of a honeymoon we never had. (22 years later). Always said we would go to Hawaii after the kids were grown. They are soooooooooooo jealous, but both in college classes in Sept. THis will be our 4th Disney cruise (land/sea in 2003, Eastern 2005, Western in 2008) and our 6th all together. (also did a Carnival Bahama in 2010- HATED it...will never go back....and a RCCL on the Allure last year which was Awesome!)
And now headed back to Disney...although I am extremely bummed out. Stayed up till midnight last night (even though work called in the morning to assure that I got the one and only thing I really wanted - Palo's brunch....only to realize that I forgot about the time difference. Missed out completely and could have done it 2 hours earlier than I did and probably got it. I am so mad at myself!
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a spot after we board. ?

Oops....I think I messed up on the post 2 above this. Meant to attach it to the couple that was celebrating a honeymoon they never had like we are. Must have clicked on the the wrong post. It's been to long since I've been on this site!

Stayed up till midnight last night (even though work called in the morning to assure that I got the one and only thing I really wanted - Palo's brunch....only to realize that I forgot about the time difference. Missed out completely and could have done it 2 hours earlier than I did and probably got it. I am so mad at myself!
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a spot after we board. ?

My suggestion is to just check back every once in a while for Palo brunch in case something opens up. Be sure to search all days instead of picking a specific day. I didn't get a spot on the first booking day, but this morning I was checking and ONE spot was free. I took it. Probably people will be canceling and changing things around between now and then, so you may get lucky and catch it right after someone has cancelled. I personally don't know the chances of getting a spot once onboard, but from what I've read it seems pretty common. Good luck!

I am really excited about our DCL hawaii cruise! September 7th is now only 11 weeks away!! But I am also disappointed that we can't be in port later, especially on the Maui day. An all aboard time of 5:45 pm is too early for any of us to take the all-day road to Hana excursions, go to evening luaus, or go on evening cruises. Since Kahului Maui is so close to Honolulu (only 89 nautical miles away), I am still hoping that DCL will re-evaluate that all-aboard time and let us stay on shore in maui later. A carnival ship leaves that port as late as 11pm, so there is a harbor pilot who can take ships out that late at least some days... Hopefully the DCL captain will decide that he'd rather sit in port than be out in the potentially rocky pacific for a few of those hours. I emailed DCL a few months ago about it, but I bet my email was the only one and it was probably too early for them to be thinking about the details of our itinerary, if it even made it to anyone at DCL who knows anything about the matter. I got a polite "...nothing " reply. Maybe we should email again?

Hope you get a great cabin- with a big upgrade!!
I'm glad to hear some categories on our cruise are actually booking up. It is always hard to judge how full a cruise is, but a few months ago all categories were available and I was starting to wonder if anyone was booking! Of course we don't want a packed cruise either..
Only 10 weeks from this weekend and we'll all be travelling to Vancouver!!

Fun to read the excitement about the Sept 7th sailing to Hawaii! DD#2 and I will be on the 9/17 trip and we are super excited for EVERYone, on both cruises! I was tickled that our cruise will have 2 days at my favorite island, MAUI! But hey, in Hawaii, it's all good, and there is SO much to see and do. Happy planning everyone!! :flower:

Hope you get a great cabin- with a big upgrade!!
I'm glad to hear some categories on our cruise are actually booking up. It is always hard to judge how full a cruise is, but a few months ago all categories were available and I was starting to wonder if anyone was booking! Of course we don't want a packed cruise either..
Only 10 weeks from this weekend and we'll all be travelling to Vancouver!!

An upgrade would be awesome but I don't usually have luck with those kind of things!! I'll be very happy in my oceanview I just wish I knew where it was:mad:

An upgrade would be awesome but I don't usually have luck with those kind of things!! I'll be very happy in my oceanview I just wish I knew where it was:mad:

Hi.
We are sailing the Sept. 17th cruise, can't wait!
I wanted to tell you that DCL usually posts the room assignments for GTY 50-60 days before sailing, so should be popping up pretty soon.
I understand wanting to know your room number, it makes it so much more real.
Have a wonderful cruise, its going to be amazing!!!!

We got our oceanview GTY assignment May 28, went from a 9B to a 9A. I would have been happy to stay in a 9B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter