Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

Hey Everyone! Just had to pop in and say hi! I can't wait to go, we wanted to go in 2012 but...missed the boat...lol...on booking it in time. so we went to the Caribbean instead. CANT WAIT!:cool1:

They are now offering a pre cruise package at Aulani. It is 1-3 days and you get 25% off the room rate plus a free buffet breakfast each day. I booked ours yesterday. Can't wait! Just a little over a year to go. ALOHA

They are now offering a pre cruise package at Aulani. It is 1-3 days and you get 25% off the room rate plus a free buffet breakfast each day. I booked ours yesterday. Can't wait! Just a little over a year to go. ALOHA

Hi

Can I ask did you pay in full or just a deposit?

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise yesterday! This is our 9th Disney cruise. All have been on the Wonder and Magic. So, we know this boat well! =) We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and our 40th birthdays while on the ship. We will have our 9 yr old DD and 6 yr old DS with us. We are super excited about it! Has anyone done this short of cruise? Do they still do 2 formal nights? We've only done 14 nights or 7 nights. Not any in between. I sure hope they do the overnight camp out for the kids club too!

Can't wait to meet you all!
Lisa

Hi

Can I ask did you pay in full or just a deposit?

I just called DCL and added it on as part of the cruise. I did not have to pay any additional deposit at all. She told me what my new balance was and when the final payment was due. I would assume that I can cancel at anytime prior to PIF but I am not planning that! ALOHA

Applied the Military Discount to our Aulani stay took a bunch off our 4-night stay... Checked on the add-on stay to the cruise they only do 1 to 3 nights.. wonder which would be the best??? Kinda wanted the extra night to do all the things we wanted to do.. I think the cost is the same per night.. but what about transfers from the resort to the ship is that included in the stay does anybody know????:listen::banana:

I just called DCL and added it on as part of the cruise. I did not have to pay any additional deposit at all. She told me what my new balance was and when the final payment was due. I would assume that I can cancel at anytime prior to PIF but I am not planning that! ALOHA

Hi

Thank you so much for that :goodvibes

Where can I find out the prices please. Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes1

Applied the Military Discount to our Aulani stay took a bunch off our 4-night stay... Checked on the add-on stay to the cruise they only do 1 to 3 nights.. wonder which would be the best??? Kinda wanted the extra night to do all the things we wanted to do.. I think the cost is the same per night.. but what about transfers from the resort to the ship is that included in the stay does anybody know????:listen::banana:

I have also included the air option from Disney so my package now includes the 3 transfers - Airport to Aulani, Aulani to port, and port to Vancouver airport. When I just had the air included, it only showed the 2 transfers.

Hi

Thank you so much for that :goodvibes

Where can I find out the prices please. Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes1

No problems with the questions. That is what this group is for.

I just called DCL and told them I wanted to book the pre-cruise package. She asked me how many days. I told her 3 and she gave me the price. I think the package can only be booked for 1 to 3 days. Let me know if you can add on more.

Just changed ours to the add on Aulani 3-night also, decided that would be enough and added transfers too, so that's one last thing I don't have to worry about!!:banana: so excited cant believe its a year away!!!!:dance3:

I booked the Aulani add-on for 3 days this morning. I was worried since Expedia had said the resort was booked for this time. It may be for non-DCL reservations.

Noticed they released the Port Adventures for the cruise.. where would you find out the cost for them??:confused3

Noticed they released the Port Adventures for the cruise.. where would you find out the cost for them??:confused3
If you look at "all port adventures" the select Hawaii you should see the prices when you select individual adventures. (Shows details). Eg. Maui rainforest & waterfall hike is showing 151/adult 141/child. Hope this helps!!

If you look at "all port adventures" the select Hawaii you should see the prices when you select individual adventures. (Shows details). Eg. Maui rainforest & waterfall hike is showing 151/adult 141/child. Hope this helps!!

MAN!!!:scared1: Prices are HIGH on some of them!!!!:scared1: guess I'll have to scale down my things to do... can you still just rent a car and go on your own? Is there car rental places at the ports?:bitelip:

I've never been to Hawaii before but from what I've been reading it's easy to go do sight seeing on your own, and I've read a number of places where cruisers can rent a car for the day at various ports. Time to get serious about getting more info!!

I've never been to Hawaii before but from what I've been reading it's easy to go do sight seeing on your own, and I've read a number of places where cruisers can rent a car for the day at various ports. Time to get serious about getting more info!!

Yes time to start PLANNING!!!!!! :yay::dance3::cheer2:

MAN!!!:scared1: Prices are HIGH on some of them!!!!:scared1: guess I'll have to scale down my things to do... can you still just rent a car and go on your own? Is there car rental places at the ports?:bitelip:

Yes time to start PLANNING!!!!!! :yay::dance3::cheer2:

Please do your research and see whether or not the convenience of booking with DCL works for you. For example, hiking Diamond Head literally costs $1 pp; $5 if you drive in a car. The Bus (yes, that is it's name haha) costs $2.50 for adults and $1.25 for kids. Under 5 are free. I do not see any reason to pay DCL $60 for ages 10+ and $50 for ages 5-9, when you could take a family of four (two adults, two kids) for $19. I am not up to date on statistics, but our bus system is very efficient and has been recognized nationally for it's excellence.

I am normally one to book with DCL in foreign ports for convenience and because I am a chicken and think I might get lost and end up in jail or something haha. But Hawaii is a totally different story. The prices for Arizona Memorial, DH, and Waikiki Beach, for example are all a joke. The beach is FREE, people! The bus ride is like 10 min. from the port, even with stops. Family of four would be $274 with DCL! OMG you could do it on your own for $15 (oh, but you would have to buy your own water haha).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter