Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

We are booked on this cruise as well! I'm a bit nervous to take my DDs out of school as they will only be about a week into high school, but figure it's a learning experience like no other!!

Hello!!! I recognize you from another cruise! October of last year?? We are Wendy, Tim, Jacob and Samuel:)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello awesome Disney cruisers!! We have been waiting for this cruise! We booked it but were a little undecided because of our son missing school his freshman year. But both our boys are great students, kids grow up way too fast and I'm sure it would be harder once they hit college, get jobs and start careers so we are going for it!! Seeing a couple familiar "faces" on this page which is very exciting!! We are going to have a great time:)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Do you think they will be an excursion to drive the road to Hana? I wanted to do the Luau in Lahaina on the overnight in Maui and drive the road to Hana the next day. Will there be enough time to do this before the ship leaves at 5:00 P.M.? I hope so!!:flower3:

We just booked this. We've been waiting for Disney to do Hawaii again since we missed the last one. We contemplated doing the b2b, but opted to fly there and sail back to Canada. We are now trying to decide if we want to fly in a few days early and stay at the resort as well. I think we should due to the length of the flight, give us time to get over jet lag before the cruise home.

We are in Central time zone. How much jet lag should I be prepared for? I haven't traveled this many time zones before!

Thank you!
Wendy

Hello!!! I recognize you from another cruise! October of last year?? We are Wendy, Tim, Jacob and Samuel:) Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I recognized your names right away! Will be great to be cruising with some familiar faces!! Can't wait, this will be our first time to Hawaii!

We are in Central time zone. How much jet lag should I be prepared for? I haven't traveled this many time zones before!

Thank you!
Wendy

For you, it's a 5-hour difference going out, meaning your body will feel like it's five hours later than it actually is. Put another way, your body will be expecting dinner at lunchtime (coming back, the opposite will be true, but I think Vancouver is only a 2-hour difference.)

Hey Everyone!

So looking forward to this! Spent yesterday watching YouTube videos with the kids of all the fun things to do. Our (now) 4 year old keeps finding things that she'd like to pack for the trip and I keep telling her she's got PLENTY of time to figure out what she wants to bring!! :rotfl: Our oldest has already earmarked some birthday money for a hawaiian shirt for his Duffy. ;)

There's a 3 hour time difference between Hawaii and Vancouver. I'm looking forward to dealing with that time change gradually as we cruise our way back. Then, it's only an hour difference between home (Alberta) and Vancouver for us, which makes getting back to real life a whole lot easier, especially with school the next day for the kiddos!

We're patiently waiting for the 7 month window for DVC so we can book our time before - hopefully, there aren't too many cruisers who have the same idea as us!!!

YES WE CAN !!! I DID!!!! :cheer2::dance3::beach:

Good for you!!!!
I looked yesterday and the oceanfront was $650 a night:sad1:
I will watch as we get closer but we are kinda leaning toward The Hilton Hawaiian Village its where we honeymooned 27 years ago so it holds a special place in our hearts.
The Al'ia Tower oceanfront is about half the price of Aulani and has some really good reviews.

Good for you!!!!
I looked yesterday and the oceanfront was $650 a night:sad1:
I will watch as we get closer but we are kinda leaning toward The Hilton Hawaiian Village its where we honeymooned 27 years ago so it holds a special place in our hearts.
The Al'ia Tower oceanfront is about half the price of Aulani and has some really good reviews.

Well I booked and made a deposit, I will apply the military discount when it opens up next year.. If they don't have a military discount I will stay somewhere else too.. but I am excited...:yay:

Well I booked and made a deposit, I will apply the military discount when it opens up next year.. If they don't have a military discount I will stay somewhere else too.. but I am excited...:yay:

Looking at Sept. this year, there appears to be some deals that look good.
So I will keep watching closely. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter