womens plus size costumes

helenm29

FIGMENTED
HELP! I need womens plus size costume ideas for MNSSHP! I am not having much luck as many of them on line are super short and made of very warm material! any suggestions would be great!

Hi one year we went as mousekateers. Disney store.com has the Mousekateer shirt and you can also get the mouse ears. I wore a pair of capris with it. Very easy costume.

You can always Disney Bound or make your own. That is what I do instead of buying a costume that I will only wear once.

Maybe go to a sewing/fabric store and look for costume patterns? I know there are seamstresses in our area that will sew for you! Or look for patterns online.
It's been years since I sewed, but I'm sure that you could find someone nearby that does!
The pattern and material shouldn't be too costly; you never know.
I agree Disney Bound looks fun - never did it, but I'm not one to dress up in costumes really.

Check out your local Savers or Goodwill and pull together a costume. I'm making a Mad Hatter costume out of a super large men's shirt and fabric paint. Making my hat with toilet paper roll and a headband. DD is making a Maleficent costume using a black dress and using black fabric for a cape. We're making the horns using headband, foam and duct tape.

Check out pinterest for ideas. You could put together outfits using average clothes!

I cannot sew a lick so, I am going disneybound. I have figured out a couple of things to put together that are perfect.

HELP! I need womens plus size costume ideas for MNSSHP! I am not having much luck as many of them on line are super short and made of very warm material! any suggestions would be great!

I'm also a plus size woman :) I'm also always on the look out for a good costume. I do NOT sew, so making one is out of the question for me. I have 2 places. This first one is custom costumes and is $$$$ http://www.plussizecostumeshop.com/

The 2nd one has a few good costumes sprinkled in and some up to a size 6x. I have the "alice" costume and will be wearing it this year to MNSSHP! So if you get it and are there on OCT 27th, we'll be twinsies :)

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/deluxe-plus-alice-costume.html This one is under $50 also :) VERY well made
Hope this helps, Melissa

Do you have something specific in mind you want to be? I'm also plus sized and LOVE Halloween (and theater...and costumes...)
Some ideas based on easy-to-find items:
red bridesmaid/prom dress=Queen of Hearts
Pink fluffy 1980s dress=Glinda the Good Witch or one of the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty
Thrift store wedding dress=Bride from haunted mansion (or zombie bride, or some other spooky bride...)
Pirates are easy to do and can be made with thrift store items.
Wicked witches are another that's easy. Black dress, hat, some funky accessories...paint yourself green if you want!
Or, what about Bette Middler's character in Hocus Pocus?

Disneybounding looks fun, too. I saw someone DB as Snow White. Blue shirt with red trim, yellow skirt or shorts or pants, red ribbon/headband. Pretty and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter