WL or BC

ImagineerDisney

Earning My Ears
Were Planning a trip in august and Are Choosing Between Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club

Any thoughts on which u like Better?

thanks

Never stayed at WL however, if you like to spend some time at the pool, BC has WL pool area beat. SAB is the best pool area out of all of Disney's resort. White sand at the bottom of the pool. A pirate ship slide to go down. SAB is almost a water park in itself. Good luck on your decision.

If you are planning to visit Epcot/MGM more often, stay at the BC. If you plan to spend most of your time at MK, then stay at the WL!

We've stayed at the BC, and the convenience of the short walk to Epcot cannot be beat! My kids also loved Stormalong Bay!

I love WL....great all the time....

However....Aug....you might spend a lot of time at the pool

Beach Club has a really cool pool...
Either way....your in disney...
Kerri

having stayed at both i would chose bc in a heart beat! it is a great location! plus there is just more to do over at the epcot resorts. you are close to two parks and 5 resorts. the pool is very fun and just sitting on the beach was very relaxing! have a great trip...:)

I have stayed at both with DGS(age8) and love both (WL for Christmas is awesome) but the others are right you can not beat SAB, my grandson wanted to spend a lot of time here as well as DH and I enjoyed it. The walking or boat ride to Epcot & MGM are also a plus, so many restaurants within walking also a short walk to the Boardwalk gives more entertainment. BC is a hands down for me

Beach club is walking distance to epcot...and
very close to mgm....or boat ride to both...

WL...has a nice boat to MK...

Something about the WL...that I love is a full balcony...

I dont understand at the poly,beach club...paying all
that money....AND NO BALCONY sometimes...or tiny and no chairs:confused3

Anyone know besides WL....what deluxes have
a guaranteed balcony?
Kerri

Guaranteed balcony...go with the Yacht Club or BC Villas.

YC/BC area cannot be beat for location!!

Never stayed at the WL...but have been there. It is very cool. But the Beach Club fits our needs perfectly. It has everything right there. And is so centrally located to everything....

The WL is normally a little less expensive. It is very, very nice, but I prefer the Beach Club. (We are staying at Boardwalk Inn for first time in April)

WL:
One problem I had a WL is the beds are high. I am 5'3" and it was a major chore to get in & out of the bed. I was actually afraid of falling out.
The balconey is bigger and it's quieter here. I didn't feel like I was in the middle of a resort with thousands of people around.
I also felt that I was also closer to the lobby & elevators. It was easier to get to the busses/boats.
The transportation is better now than it used to be. Busses seem to be shared only with Ft Wilderness.

BC:
Since we are Epcot people, this is the most convenient location for us.
Pool is awesome.
Walk to Epcot is nice & the International gateway is never crowded. We love to wander through UK & Canada in the early morning, taking pictures with few people around.
It used to be quiet...but that was before Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas were built. It is noisy if you have a room overlooking SAB.
Rooms are all bright and cheery.
However, every room I've ever stayed in was a major hike to the elevators. It felt like it was shorter to Epcot from the Lobby than to my room.
I also grumble about the valet parking & check in now.... it seems like every BCV family that checks in has enough baggage and groceries for a small army for a month long stay. They take 2-3 bellmen and 4-5 luggage carts. (that is one point for the yacht club)

I wouldn't count the WL out because of the pool. They just closed it for a two month refurb and rumor has it they are putting in the sand and a zero entry. Who knows what the pool will look like when they get done. If you plan to spend a lot of time at EPCOT then go for the Beach Club. I myself prefer the relaxed atmosphere of the lodge to the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk so it really is a matter of what you prefer. However, if you like walks in the woods, boating/fishing on the lake, a 10 min boatride to the MK, and yes the pool is just fine, then the WL may be for you. Good Luck and know that whichever one you choose you can't go wrong.

It depends somewhat on what you are looking for. If you want a little bit of a night life and a place that seems to be hopping I would pick the BC with its close proximity to Epcot and BW. If you want a hotel that is a little more tranquil, with that National Park lodge feel to it then WL is it.

I haven’t stayed at the WL but hope to one of these times. However, I have stayed at the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone NP and boy even if the WL isn’t totally modeled after it, Disney knocked it out of the park with the theme and appearance of the WL. Spectacular!!!!! I think anyone who has seen both would agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter