Wizarding World: Worth it if traveling with a four year old?

TheForceIsWithMe

Earning My Ears
Was thinking of visiting when in FL for a cruise on DCL. But our youngest is 4 and I suspect that most things are targeted at a slightly older audience. Any advice? The tickets are kind of expensive to go and not be able to do many attractions (either because of height or age appropriateness and one parent having to miss out to do kid duty).

It may depend on the preferences and height of your child. If the child is adventurous and 40 inches, it opens up a number of rides: Simpsons, Despicable Me, Spiderman, Transformers.

If the child reaches 42 inches then that opens up Gringotts, Jurassic Park, Men In Black and the Popeye water ride.

A lot of it is targeted towards an older child.Alot depends on how timid and how tall your child is. If your child is timid and short, they might not get much out of it. You can go and do a child swap so that you and your spouse can enjoy the more intense attractions.But as far as Harry Potter, Forbidden journey can be intense and has a height requirement of 48 inches. Dragon Challenge is a coaster and 54inches, Flight of the hippogriff is a coaster that has a requirement of 36inches .Gringotts bankride is 42 inches.Hogwarts express has no height requirement but can be scary .The shows are ok.
There are plenty of other things to do besides Harry Potter, but again a lot depends on how tall and how timid your child is. If all else fails there are some pretty cool play areas in the parks ( Curious George at the studios and Camp Jurassic at Islands of adventure)

The question is if YOU, the adults, want to go. if you do, then you work it out. Uni's rider switch (child swap) allows for everyone to walk through the line until just before seating, then the child and the second-rider go to a room to wait. The first rider rides then comes and swaps out.

If the adults want to go, then go. If the adults don't want to, then don't. :)

We've been many times with young kids and had a blast! At 3, it was two of my kids second favorite park of the 7 main Orlando parks. (4 Disney parks, IOA, US, and SW). My youngest has some sensory issues and refused to do rides at our last US/IOA trip two years ago when he was 4. But we still managed to have a lot of fun - and so did he. Just his idea of fun wasn't what we would have planned for him. We had to not worry about making his experience ours. This meant lots of rider swap, but it worked well. (He also refused to do Disney rides on our next Orlando trip, a year later at 5 for the first half of the trip). We've been with a timid and tall 3 year old who would do a lot - though we found by trial that we shouldn't have started with Spiderman. We've been with a bold petite 3 year old as well who had a blast.

Rider swap is very easy and makes it so the other parent doesn't have to miss out. For rides with less interesting lines, like Hulk (which is closed now anyway), we did single rider line and that meant being split up for a short time. But for something like Forbidden Journey, it was worth us all going through the line.

Seeing how I haven't been in two years, I realize there have been some changes. There was plenty to do last time but now I expect it will take even more time for my family. My middle child is upset that Disaster is closed at US, but I'm certain the interactive wands are going to make it take much more time! We managed to do 6 days at US/IOA on our last trip - and that's with the 4 year who refused to do rides. So, yep, most families would do just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter