Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

I love reading about your adventures! You have such a happy spirit and I bet you spread magic to everyone you meet. Blessings! :flower1: and him :dogdance: just cuz he's so cute

What a fantastic journey you are on. It's a wonderful story. Sending pixie dust and love.

Love reading your story. We will be there is a couple weeks. Will keep my eyes open for you :) My kids are looking forward to the magic shots.

Hey Howdy Hey !
Thanks to everyone who has joined in, and everyone who's been with me on this journey! It has been an absolute pleasure meeting all of you who have come up to me on Main Street! I can't wait to meet the rest of you. To answer everyone's question YES I will be there after the summer! I wasn't sure of this answer either until recently! I am guaranteed more hours in the summer because they need me more, but I will still be around afterwards! Hopefully I will be able to pick up shifts, or get the part time position I applied for! But I will be there, and if you want you can send me a message and we can figure out if your schedule and mine work out so I can make some magic for you!! Work has been BEAUTIFUL. Even the "Bad days" are still good. I have come to the realization that morning shifts are not for me! I have been trading people for PM shifts! It's hard for me to make magic when I wake up early and then am out melting in the sun! However, at night time I get to jump around and be my hyper self and make magic! I often get to watch Wishes when I work nights, and it NEVER gets old. Sometimes I get my break right around 10PM and I still decide to stand outside so I can watch Wishes. I get emotional EVERY time. I'm such a Disney nerd. Here is me in my costume from this week when I got to fly around with Tinkerbell and help spread the pixie dust!
kcEevqt.jpg

Working 5PM-2AM has made me have a very interesting sleep schedule though. For example its 7PM and I just woke up! Opps.... I also tend to be sleeping at the LEAST 8 hours!!! It's ridiculous but at least I've been wide awake at work! It's so different from the College Program where I would go out all night and have to be at work at 7AM! I feel like an old lady now hahaha. I FINALLY went into Magic Kingdom to play, which I haven't done since I started working there. I couldn't fall asleep the night before, so I decided to pull an all nighter and go to MK for park opening on my day off. It was nice when the hardest choice I had to make that day was whether I should take the Ferry or Monorail... I really do feel like my life has been once big vacation since I've gotten down here! (Well okay, maybe since AFTER the car disaster was over haha) When vacationing I never hit park opening, but I always close it till 3am if possible! I was so surprised to see how empty the park looks in the AM! Here are some panoramas I took on my phone, some are even AFTER the park was open for over an hour!!
tUZhwKP.jpg

And here is a photo I took and added some magic into with a cheesy App on my phone of me and my mansion!
nxETVhN.jpg

I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July! What is your favorite thing to do in WDW on the 4th? I worked until 4AM the night of the 3rd, but I was off for the 4th! I slept in too late to make plans with anyone, so I went over to the Swan&Dolphin by myself! I paid $8 for a small milkshake and got some dirty looks by some "yuppity" people after their children commented on liking my hair. Opps.. haha. I stood on the bridge and I got to watch Epcot AND Stuido's 4th fireworks! It was great!
sPgVPGI.jpg

Well Its now almost 8PM and I need a coffee to wake up! (Shhhhh, DON'T JUDGE ME hahaha) Are there any things you guys would like to see? Anything you want me to do and take pictures, to get your Disney fix, or maybe any ideas of things for me to do in Orlando?! Let me know!! Thanks again for following along!

Really glad that things are going well for you! I've been following your story and I'm looking forward to reading about your future adventures!

Just found your trip report and wish you nothing but the best!! will look for you while we are on our 25th anniversary trip in September. You are an amazing writer and should seriously consider writing....you kept me on the edge of my seat!!

I'm just joining in. I love reading your trip report. I can't wait for more updates!!! Best of luck with everything.

Khalee, I've been loving your report. I am so glad you made it to Orlando after all of the car troubles!

And look at that...pixie dust was sprinkled on you in the form of a car. What a lovely family you live with.

Just read thru this entire report. You go, girl. You only live once. I am enjoying your report.

I also have to say how much some of the other posters have made me laugh. Some people must really need to get a life if all they can contribute to these Disney boards is the fact that in this young woman's trip report her money doesn't add up, or she was paying the family she was staying with thru babysitting but now that is going toward the car so how is she contributing blah blah blah.

I am thrilled people have helped and for all we know the helper may have been in situations where they received unexpected help and are now paying it forward. And just from the little I have learned about Kaylee, I am sure she will definitely pay it forward when opportunities present themselves.

And no matter how this story ends, it will be one heck of a life time memory. I am strongly rooting for you to be there in April 2016 for my next trip when I will be meeting some remarkable MK cast members who took my autistic daughter under their wings when she was on a trip with my ex. and who still keep in touch with her making her life always magical. It would be nice to meet you also.

Keep sharing.

Just finding your trip report. I'm looking forward to reading more. How exciting to be able to live your dream at 21! Hope you're having a great summer!!!

Wow if it were me I would find out from the garage that inspected your vehicle before you took the trip and said it was okay to drive how they over looked an oil problem. Gosh to have an oil pan bone dry mean it ruined your engine and if a garage said it was fine to drive something is not right. I know you are no longer living there but as soon as I discovered I had a serious problem with the car I would have been on the phone with that garage.

Hello Beautiful people!

It has been too long since I have updated you all. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot to say! I have started to pay rent for the wonderful people I live with, and been working my butt off! I am in a pretty interesting routine. I wake up around 12pm-2pm, go straight to work, and usually get home by 2 or 3 in the morning! I watch some Nextflix, sleep, and repeat! I haven't been on as many adventures, as I am either working or catching up on sleep! I am also trying to save up some money to see if I will be able to visit home for my 22nd Birthday in September! I want to visit home in the fall - It's my favorite season in New England!

I am doing great here in Orlando. I still am in love! Sometimes I get lonely on my days off, I still don't have any friends down here. My coworkers are all awesome people, I just haven't met anyone I want to hang out with yet. I know that it is my own fault, since I haven't been going out to places or doing things to meet people, I am just so lazy on my days off - or poor! haha. I'll figure it out soon. Once its not 10000 degrees outside I think I will be going out more.

So many of you have come up to me at MK and said ," KHALEE FROM THE DIS!?" I LOVE it! It is so exciting to meet all of you and its surreal to be in MK talking with you - I can't believe I really made it. I have to say that although I don't feel like the world is going to explode on me anymore, thinking back to the whole car situation still makes me feel sick to my stomach. I'm so happy to be over that horrifying experience. If any of you are looking for me in MK, I usually work somewhere between 3pm-2am, and I try to get the shifts on Main Street. :)

Well, I know that wasn't much of an exciting update. However, I did have one big piece of news for me I wanted to share with you all.... drumroll please..... I GOT HIRED FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AT MAGIC KINGDOM PHOTO PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am no longer just seasonal! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I did all this work to get here and now I officially get to stay! I have a part time position which means I am guaranteed to work 3 days a week, which is so perfect because I may be able to pick up a job back in the hairdressing field as well. So, for now, I am staying in Orlando and with Disney and just seeing where life takes me!!!! Thank all of you for your support!!! I've been here 2 months and I'm already working my way up! WAHOOOOO!!!

I'm glad to heard that everything is working out for you. congrats on getting a permanent position with Disney.
Liz

Yay Khalee!!!! We are coming down on September 5th so I'll be sure to look for you!!!! I am so happy that your position is now permanent!! Way to go, girl! You must have your own Magic Band, right?? I think I'm going to bring you a little surprise so when I run into you, I'll have something for you! Yeah!! Your family must be so proud of you! Heck I'm old enough to be your Mom, so I'll be proud of you for them!:flower1:

So excited for you and congrats on your permanant position! I think it is great that you got your Disney position plus you may be able to get back into hair as well! Hope to see you when we come down in October!

I just found and read your whole report so far! I'm moving my son down next week to start his college program and am bracing myself for the possibility he won't come back home. It's his first time off on his own and I hope he can have just half of your positive out look when things go wrong or home sickness hits.

I'll be in the parks late September/early October and I will definitely look for you on Main Street.

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures and thanks for sharing your real story.

So glad that you are in a permanent position! Maybe you could consider to be in the wardrobe and hair dept. for Disney?!!!

Congratulations!! I read your whole report and you are so gutsy and inspiring! Don't let the negative Nancys on here bother you. :) That's awesome about the full time gig!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter