Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

I just recently signed up on the DIS but I have been reading your story from the sideline and have loved every minute of it! Thank you for sharing your story...it almost felt like I was experiencing every moment with you! Congrats on your seasonal status! At least you'll get to go home for a little while before you'll be back for your next 150 hours. :earsboy:

I am glad you are at peace with your decision. Maybe if you get a reliable car after getting things in order, you could go back down for holidays etc and get some hours in.

I have a question. I know NOTHING about the field of cosmetology but could you not have applied for a FL license and gotten a salon job to supplement your income from Disney? Perhaps that could be a plan for the future.

I am so sorry that it didn't end up the way you wanted it to. You are brave to follow your dreams and it doesn't mean that it is over. You can be back down when things get better and maybe they will have a full-time position open for you.

Khalee - wow. What a story!
Admittedly, I sometime find it very challenging to understand people's decisions. I am used to the "graduate HS, graduate college and get a job." approach. As I have aged, i realized that there are many different paths in life and that success is defined differently by every individual.

God bless you for the tremendous effort that you have already put forth. I don;t see your final disposition as a failure, but simply a pause along the way. If anything, you have a wealth of knowledge on how to proceed in obtaining your dream.

unrelated to your specific TR here...your writing skills are phenomenal. It certainly helps to have a dynamic story to tell, but the manner in which you conveyed the story was exceptional. Good luck in all of your future endeavors and please keep us all here on the DIS posted. I can tell you that you have a fan club here!

Hi if you want to message an ex-seasonal cast member on how it works let me know! It is a little more complex than just making sure you have a full 150 by next September as after your first year as seasonal they start measuring it by the quarter. So after a while hours will start dropping off and you have to replace them. You roughly have to work 37.5 paid hours each quarter and that take between 2-3 weeks depending on how aggressive you are in picking up shifts.

Best of luck. I loved reading your full report.

Kahlee loved your story. Let me tell you one thing you have more courage than most people will ever have in a lifetime.

You followed your dream and worked through the problems as they arose. There are people that don't possess half the coping skills that you have had to develop in your life thus far.

Thank you for sharing your story. Think about it this way. This is only a small hiccup on your way to achieving your dream. Don't give up.

Sending lots of Pixie Dust and good thoughts your way. God Bless you. pixiedust:

Last edited:
I've enjoyed following your story! Best of luck to you and I hope to see you back on Main Street someday :)

just curious, wouldn't it be possible to hold 2 positions at wdw? like photography and barber shop?

Hi Kahlee.....I've loved reading your adventure. It truly has been an adventure.

I'm a hairstylist.....what I don't get is why you didn't get a job doing hair to be able to stay in FL? There is always work for a stylist.

I think no matter what you will land on your feet.

Now you will need to keep us posted on when you wi li work your seasonal hours! I was hoping to see you for some unique photos when my family is down at the end of April! Lol

Kahlee.....
Even if you don't make it back to DW next summer, you should be proud of your efforts. :sunny:
Life's a journey. Not a destination. :goodvibes

Wow, caught up on the updates! I wish you the best of luck and glad you get to remain seasonal! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi and offer you an iced coffee :daisy:

I'm in. Just read this entire thread. Quite impressed with you!!
Can't wait to follow what happens next .... it's a cliff hanger!

BEST of luck to you. :)

Good for you! Your followed your heart and it led you to Disney's gates! So happy for you :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter