Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

I have been enjoying reading about your adventure! I have a question for you (since I "know" a real life Disney photographer), is it rude for a guest to request certain shots to be taken or to ask for magic shots? Just curious and looking for inside knowledge. Hope you are having an awesome day.

I'll be at WDW next month, so hopefully we can meet in person, too! Your story has been so inspiring/harrowing/nail-biting/faith-restoring, and it's so appropriate that your "new" car is an Escape (or Es-cah-pay in Pixar speak)! :D

Hi Khalee, So happy for you! Wow! What amazing people you have found. It's great how people can become like family. I'm sure babysitting for them is a pleasure after everything they are doing for you. It's great that you are helping them out as much as you can.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

tumblr_mg24ifppR01s26rb3o1_500.gif

Looks like the pixie dust is starting to work for you. Can't wait to read more.

Khalee,

I also had my first magical trip at age 8, thanks to my parents. I love reading the wonderful stories on the boards and getting excited for each return trip by lurking here. Until I read your story, I have not posted anything here and I've been a faithful follower for over 8 years. You are simply inspirational and I think you have done something amazing, and at a time in your life when it can happen. You should be so proud of yourself and BRAVO to you for getting yourself there. It's going to be an amazing story for your kids someday, however this adventure ends up. I am so glad you are in a safe place with kind friends and I'm sure you will be making more friends by the day in your new home!

This marks 40 years since my first trip to Disney World. When I was a kid, I would pray every night for my parents to surprise me with a trip. My dad was a kidney dialysis patient, but Disney was nearby to several facilities that would treat him while we were down there. I have watched this beloved place grow from one park to what it is today and experienced the World with family, friends and starting in 1996, my wonderful husband. It was our first anniversary, we were heading to South Carolina to celebrate, and were diverted by a potential hurricane. Three days before we left, we had to change our plans and a week at the Poly was our destination. My husband thought he hated Disney. That ended on day one of that special visit, and since then, we have taken 10 trips there together. In 2004, I had a moment I thought I might never have but always wanted when we came with our daughter, just a year old. The next year, pregnant with my son. The next year, with both our kids. THIS THURSDAY we arrive from the Northeast for my 24th trip and a week at the Grand to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We were just there in November, but we asked the kids to choose and they picked Disney (great choice!). We are meeting up with my BFF and her family, so we will be looking out for you on Main Street USA to make some memories.

I will be following your adventure and hope we get to meet you later this week. Ironically, we have not done PhotoPass for a few years, and are planning on it this year for some family and group shots. I hope you and your new pals get to take some! Good luck to you as you earn your ears and may the road continue to rise up to meet you.

Well done!!!!

Anne::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Giiiiiirl, I love you. I love everything about you. Seriously, you could be my younger sister, or best friend. I love your hair and tattoos. I love that you're from MA just like me. And I love the fact that you did something I had the chance to do, and I panicked. I had the interview all set up for me to be down in FL, and I completely and utterly choked. I had quit my job in March because I just couldn't take it anymore, and I had no money to get down to FL. I am so glad that you stayed so positive, because not a lot of people do these days. Also, put them hater shades on and ignore the keyboard warriors telling you that you're crazy, you're going to fail, etc. and get ready to prove them wrong! I'll be down in Disney in mid August and I'll be looking for you!

Also, I've just accepted the fact that it's impossible to wear makeup! It just melts off. :(

Sorry about the sunburn, hope if feels better now. Congrats on the car!! Getting to photograph proposals has to be amazing. It's special to be a part of someone's special day.

I have a question, since makeup melts off, how do you cover your tattoos on your hands?

My dad told me something when I was about 13 that has stuck with me and always seemed true and your story seems to fit with it.

When I was 13 he was made redundant in Scotland but offered another job with the same Company in France. Despite not speaking french he took it and we all moved over. Not long after we arrived my mum got breast Cancer. I remember sitting in the hospital reception and him saying life rarely throws you a problem that it doesn't also throw you a solution. After all he had been through I was amazed he could still believe that.

I know it isn't always true for everyone but it has helped me many times and I always believe that if a problem comes along I will find a solution somehow and so far I always have.

Giiiiiirl, I love you. I love everything about you. Seriously, you could be my younger sister, or best friend. I love your hair and tattoos. I love that you're from MA just like me. And I love the fact that you did something I had the chance to do, and I panicked. I had the interview all set up for me to be down in FL, and I completely and utterly choked. I had quit my job in March because I just couldn't take it anymore, and I had no money to get down to FL. I am so glad that you stayed so positive, because not a lot of people do these days. Also, put them hater shades on and ignore the keyboard warriors telling you that you're crazy, you're going to fail, etc. and get ready to prove them wrong! I'll be down in Disney in mid August and I'll be looking for you!

No one is a hater or told her that she is going to fail. people were just being realistic with her. and the truth of it is that with out people bailing her out every time she needed it, she wouldn't be where she is. got money from an unnamed family source to rent the uhaul when her car broke down. had a free place to stay. was going to babysit to help pay her way, but now that money will pay for the car she was given. got to borrow a car to get to and from work, and got a car basically given to her from people that she hardly knows. if any of these things don't happen, the story is totally different.

so the real inspirations here, in my opinion, are the generous people that have helped make her dream come true. those are the ones that I want to emulate. they are the heroes here. don't get me wrong, I am glad it is working out for her, and do wish her the best, but lets not pretend she worked through a bunch of hardships on her own.

I am loving your posts! I think it's crazy you picked up and moved to FL, but that's awesome! How did you meet the family you're staying with? They sound amazing. I am so glad you found good people to stay with. And how special that they're helping you with the car situation.
We're coming in November and I hope to have you take our picture!! :)

No one is a hater or told her that she is going to fail. people were just being realistic with her. and the truth of it is that with out people bailing her out every time she needed it, she wouldn't be where she is. got money from an unnamed family source to rent the uhaul when her car broke down. had a free place to stay. was going to babysit to help pay her way, but now that money will pay for the car she was given. got to borrow a car to get to and from work, and got a car basically given to her from people that she hardly knows. if any of these things don't happen, the story is totally different.

so the real inspirations here, in my opinion, are the generous people that have helped make her dream come true. those are the ones that I want to emulate. they are the heroes here. don't get me wrong, I am glad it is working out for her, and do wish her the best, but lets not pretend she worked through a bunch of hardships on her own.
Perhaps you haven't read all of them, but there have definitely been people telling her that she's setting herself up for failure before she actually made it. Do you know how hard it is to ask for help in those situations? She did have help, and she has said in every single post that she is extremely grateful for everyone who has helped her. If giving someone money makes you a hero, then we're all heroes now aren't we? She did work through a bunch of hardships on her own. She tried to do things on her own FIRST, and then realized that things were beyond her, she then asked for help. Yes, people did help her, but that doesn't take away from anything that she has done.

Just an FYI, there is a CM board on the DIS. I've been told that WDW sort of frowns on CM's posting on the DIS, but you are more than welcome here if you continue to do so.. I just wanted you to be aware of the CM Board. You also have members of the DIS that want to meet with you or maybe get their Photopass picture taken with you. Just remember this is an open Forum, and you may get a little freaked out by people that will seem to know you, and you will have no idea who they are. Good luck with your job at WDW.

Hey, I just wanted to say I've been following your trip report for a bit and I'm so impressed with everything you've done! Just the fact that you picked up and moved to Florida on your own is huge but on top of that you've also been able to stay positive through all the rough patches that have come up...bravo! Looking forward to hearing more! Good job! :D

Or maybe it shows what a good person she is that so many want to help her?
And to try and 'qualify' your overall negative statement with a don't get me wrong? Why do people always want to be 'right'...........

Hi everyone. I hope you are all having a great day. I think we all have regrets. If we don't, we don't truly learn and make changes in order to make life better. I have no doubt that she has learned a great deal from her adventures thus far. I believe both sides have merit in this debate that has supposedly been created. Though I don't see the point in debating it. I disagree with how some have chosen to share their opinions on the boards. Personally, I would have gone about this in a different way when planning to make such a huge investment. But Khalee I commend you for following your dream. The idea of reaching for the stars is wonderful. I cannot in no way disagree with you for setting a goal and achieving it. I believe that great things are in store for you as they are for all of us if we just open our eyes and see. In addition to your story I have enjoyed hearing about those who have helped you along the way, named or unnamed. Reading this inspires me. It is good to know that there are good people in this world helping others, doing big or small things. It inspires me to do more to help my fellow man. This world is filled with dreamers and realists. Perhaps everyone needs a little of both. Khalee I wish you the best of lucky in your adventure and achieving your goals. I hope we all can do a little more achieving.

Last edited:
Reading this entire thread inspired me to apply to WDW last week...and now I have an interview there on Tuesday! Tips? Advice?

edit:
a bit about me-
22, 5'2 female blackish hair, medium build, 2 small tats, BA in english,3 yrs experience in fine dining and two years writing for a blog in the UK where a few small things got published.

position I applied for just said 'marketing coordinator'

Can I ask you to please start a post on the Community Board where you can discuss by people should not take risks. We already heard your point of view and people already responded and I'm really enjoying this report and I for one do not want to see it go off subject. I think the only negative that should appear here is what comes from this incredibly brave girl... and from the sounds of it she doesn't get negative, the bumps only push her further. I bet if we ask her of any time she quit something in her life I bet there would not be much. People that are adventurous like her don't give up. Which is why we love this report. It would be kindly appreciated if we let her tell her story. Thank you so much!!!

P.S. I am 100% positive that even without the family she is with (and they get a FASTPASS to Heaven!) and their generous help, she would still be there following her dream. She has proved she would of figured out a plan. The fact that she is Blessed by having these angels step in, does not take away from the courage and determination she has shown herself and the world.

TO OTHERS ENJOYING THIS REPORT

If you agree with me, let's all ignore the posts that are downers. If we don't comment on them then they can't grow and sour this post.

Reading this entire thread inspired me to apply to WDW last week...and now I have an interview there on Tuesday! Tips? Advice?

edit:
a bit about me-
22, 5'2 female blackish hair, medium build, 2 small tats, BA in english,3 yrs experience in fine dining and two years writing for a blog in the UK where a few small things got published.

position I applied for just said 'marketing coordinator'

CONGRATS!!!!

How thrilling!! Please keep us updated!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter