• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With a Heavy Heart

I am in shock. I have not even on th boards or Facebook for awhile. Me and Robin got to be Facebook friends and she really was having a hard time with her mom and brother both passing away this Fall. I can't believe I missed this and wondered why she was not on Facebook, I thought she was recouping, stupid, stupid me.:guilty:

No, not stupid at all. I thought the same thing. We couldn't have known.

It is just tragic and incredibly sad for her family and friends.

LYMI....she will be missed....I was honored to have talked with her...prayers to her family

Thank you for sharing your journeys with Robin. It made us laugh, cry & laugh again.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you these coming weeks.

I got to know Robin through the trip reports she wrote. We also exchanged Christmas cards for a while.

RIP Dear Robin

LY/MI

I just found this late last night and felt compelled to add to the many condolences and thoughts people have shared on "Wobin"

Like many others here, I have been following her trip reports for years. I am the same age as her oldest daughter and LOVED reading her reports. I never knew her personally but was lucky enough to talk to her a few times through the DIS many years ago.

What an amazing, funny, kind hearted, and loving woman she was. My heart is breaking for her family...they were such a close knit group. I can't imagine the grief they are experiencing at the loss of this amazing wife/mom/friend.

I will always cherish the memories she shared with all of us in the Disney community and I hope that her family & friends can find peace during this difficult time...

Love Ya, Mean It Robin :littleangel:

Offering my late condolences....I've been off the CB for several weeks. SO sad to hear this news. :sad1: My heart goes out to all her loved ones.

I've been re-reading her 2003 trip report and these comments really jump out now:
I have no doubt that will be the case...

Thank you for posting that trip report. I love it! She could have written books or done stand up comedy.

Thank you for posting that trip report. I love it! She could have written books or done stand up comedy.

She was writing a book and I was anticipating her finishing it and selling it. She was so very tallented and funny and I will really miss that.

I would like to tell all the oldies here that Robin Costello - Dels wife passed away at 3am this morning.

She has been plagued with blood clot issues the past few months but I'm not sure of the details of her passing.

RIP my dear friend...your wonderful talent with the written word will be missed.

ETA: Bennet aka Zurg is in the process of compiling all the Reports and stories we can find. After we get them together we will be sure to post some where that they will be easily accessible.

For those that were asking there is a group who is in the process of setting up a memorial fund and doing some fund raising. If your interested in more info feel free to PM me and I can give you the info.

I'm so sorry to hear this and thank you for letting us know.
May I ask you what her screen name was. Was it robinrn or something like that? That is the only way I know people on the dis, through their name.
Thanks.

Thank you from me, too. I've spent hours this week reading that TR from 2003 and am all the more saddened about her death. Her youngest is 14 now - what a tough age to lose your mom.

:sad1:

I'm so sad to hear this!! I don't come to the dis very much anymore and saw this on Dan Murphy's end of the year thread. I'm just so shocked and sad. Heaven got a new storyteller when Wobin walked through the gates!!

Robin's trip report was the very first one I read and after that I was hooked. What a incredibly talented woman she was. She will be dearly missed. :sad1:

OMG her's was one of the first trip reports I read-loved it. Was just thinking not more than 10minutes ago I wonder if delswife has posted anything lately.(lately I've just been popping on annd off quickly) RIP Robin.

OMg with the holidays and compuyter virus I just saw this. It is unbelievable. I knew she was sick and had the clotting issues but I cant believe it. I am just so sad for her family that we all got to know through her trip reports. LYMI Robin.

I'm also in shock, and so saddened by the news. My heart goes out all of Robin's family and friends.

My own family has adopted the LYMI phrase. Every time I use it, I think of Robin and the humor and joy she brought into this world.

Robin and I were fellow writers on Associated Content, and I sent her a personal message telling her how talented she was as a writer. I can count on one hand the people I've given this compliment to -- she really did have some talent.

Will miss you, and will continue to spread the humor and joy you gave to us all. Lovya. Mean it.

Oh my - I just saw this and am so shocked and saddened. :guilty: I actually read her 2003 trip report while she composed them - day by day; sometimes minute by minute. "I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats" :)

But honestly, she was an incredibly talented individual. I missed her no longer being on the boards. To this day, "Love ya, Mean it" comes out of my mouth and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.

So sorry to hear this:sad1:

I read Robin's trip reports and loved them. She had such and easy writing style and was able to inject so much personality, humour and humanity into her stories. Hers was the kind of writing style that both inspired and intimidated when I considered writing my own trip report.

My family and I visited Maine in November and we drove through Saco one evening. I found myself wishing I could find her home and stop in for a cup of tea with her. Crazy, I know. Complete strangers just don't do that sort of thing. Although I never knew her personally her stories made me feel as though I did and that she was a good friend.

Robin will be missed. LYMI

I was at Sam's Club shopping on Sunday and came across something in the deli area that cracked me up and made me instantly think of Robin.... Chuck and Dave's Salsa. : ) Miss you, Robin!

I was at Sam's Club shopping on Sunday and came across something in the deli area that cracked me up and made me instantly think of Robin.... Chuck and Dave's Salsa. : ) Miss you, Robin!

I'm sure she smiled too..Chuck and Dave a classic Robin!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter