• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes FP complaint

Ok thanks Robo. Then come out near Crystal Palace ?

Yup.
Make your way over to the West Wishes FP+ area, which is very near the front of the CP.

As an alternate route, head from Adventureland straight toward the Hub and make a right turn towards the West Wishes FP+ area.

MK-Hub-Keating-Robo_072615_zpskierlt9t.jpg

Yup.
Make your way over to the West Wishes FP+ area, which is very near the front of the CP.

As an alternate route, head from Adventureland straight toward the Hub and make a right turn towards the West Wishes FP+ area.

Ok thanks :) We kind of wanted to go to the East Wishes FP area though because we plan to go to Tomorrowland or Fantasyland after Wishes.

Ok thanks :) We kind of wanted to go to the East Wishes FP area though because we plan to go to Tomorrowland or Fantasyland after Wishes.

Once you reach the West side, take a look at your chances for going across to the other area.

I'd rather wait out the crowd a bit AFTER Wishes, then head to your goal.
(Which is what you will still have to do even if you were already on the East FP+ side.)

Once you reach the West side, take a look at your chances for going across to the other area.

I'd rather wait out the crowd a bit AFTER Wishes, then head to your goal.
(Which is what you will still have to do even if you were already on the East FP+ side.)
Yes I'm thinking of changing our FP for BTMR. There are several available for after Wishes. Do you think 10:30-11:30 would work for a FP time after? I know there are 2 parades one at 9:00 and one at 11:00. There is also a FP time for 11:00-12:00 but we kind of wanted to hit Fantasyland and Tomorrowland before closing.

Yes I'm thinking of changing our FP for BTMR. There are several available for after Wishes.

1. Do you think 10:30-11:30 would work for a FP time after?

2. I know there are 2 parades one at 9:00 and one at 11:00.

1. Sure.

2. After riding at about 11:00 you could choose to watch the second parade or head to Tomorrowland.

I was online last night at 12:00:01 60 days out to book our Fastpasses and there were no Wishes FP+ available for our stay. Or Festival of Fantasy for the days we are in MK. I was just checking the first four days of our 6 day stay end of September, so far from busy time. That is just ridiculous, and crazy to think it is not even worth it when you get there. So much for locking in your fun, Fastpass+!

I made our fp on Sunday at midnight and there were fp available for wishes every night except for the night there was the halloween party.
Since I made mine the night after you, I'm assuming we're there the same week. Maybe look and try again?

Got a single spot for the 23rd a couple of days ago, after looking repeatedly... No luck with the parade yet though. You're right Disney... This is SOOOOO much easier..

It's been awhile since I've been to Disney and so much has changed. Will I need fastpasses for Wishes? We aren't going until December, so I'm trying to learn what to book. Thanks everyone!

It's been awhile since I've been to Disney and so much has changed. Will I need fastpasses for Wishes? We aren't going until December, so I'm trying to learn what to book. Thanks everyone!

Need?
No.

But, the newest complication at night in MK is that, in addition to Main St. Electrical Parade and Wishes,
Disney has added Celebrate the Magic, a show that is actually projected on the castle front facade. In order to be fully enjoyed, guests must be in a position to clearly see the front of the castle (which means be either IN the Hub, or at least along the northern sections of Main Street.)

CtM starts 15 minutes before Wishes and is considered by many to be more spectacular and fun than MSEP or Wishes.
CtM will cause the Hub to be JAMMED with guests by the time MSEP passes through the Hub.

By running THREE evening spectaculars (at least two of which require a viewing spot in or very near the Hub) Disney has now created an intense bottleneck for guests interested in seeing the shows.

Last edited:
Disney has added Celebrate the Magic, a show that is actually projected on the castle front facade. In order to be fully enjoyed, guests must be in a position to clearly see the front of the castle (which means be either IN the Hub, or at least along the northern sections of Main Street.)

You can get a pretty decent (angled) view of Celebrate the Magic if you stand on the bridge between Liberty Square and Adventureland (south of Sleepy Hollow Refreshments), and it should be less crowded than the Hub or Main Street. We watched during a MNSSHP last fall and there was only us and one other family on this bridge.

You can get a pretty decent (angled) view of Celebrate the Magic if you stand on the bridge between Liberty Square and Adventureland (south of Sleepy Hollow Refreshments), and it should be less crowded than the Hub or Main Street. We watched during a MNSSHP last fall and there was only us and one other family on this bridge.

I consider that to be "in the Hub."

The Hub is not just the streets or circles around the "Partner's" statue.

Hmmm...trying to figure out the best strategy for Christmas week so I appreciate the maps and info. I know my family will not go for using a FP+ selection for fireworks. Usually we avoid the crowds and end up watching it in Fantasyland which is actually kind of a fun place to view it, but you definitely don't get the full on castle view and have to turn your head to catch the fireworks from the different angles. One year at Christmas we watched them from the path that led to the rose garden and it was uncrowded there. I know that option is gone now. It sounds like it's all pretty crowded now. Since we will be there on different nights, maybe we will try to catch the CTM show from the Liberty Square/Adventureland bridge one night and Wishes in FL a different night. We like to watch MSEP in Liberty Square so hopefully that remains an uncrowded option.

Last edited:
We have a wishes FP+ at the end of September. Would you recommend the west or east side for a "quick bolt" afterwards towards the buses or doesn't it make a difference?

We have a wishes FP+ at the end of September. Would you recommend the west or east side for a "quick bolt" afterwards towards the buses or doesn't it make a difference?

If I was to have a preference to exit, it would be on the east side.

But, if you just wait it out a while, the crowds will thin.

I did not want any Parade or wishes FP, or Illuminations FP, but I did notice they were all gone for us to at the 60 days out. We are only going for 3 nights and 2 day, so the ones that are staying 7-10 days were way ahead of us.

I did not want any Parade or wishes FP, or Illuminations FP, but I did notice they were all gone for us to at the 60 days out. We are only going for 3 nights and 2 day, so the ones that are staying 7-10 days were way ahead of us.

I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that there are a lot fewer FPs available for things like Wishes and parades compared to the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter