Wishes FP complaint

jtwibih

Mouseketeer
I really like the area set aside for Wishes. Sitting on the fake grass was actually quite nice and it seemed like at first it was going to be a very nice experience.

Then I noticed how many people were being let in and I started getting a little nervous. Next a CM comes through telling everyone to stand up. I found that odd simply because we had the grass and could actually see everything perfectly if everyone in the FP viewing area sat as well. Bottom line is that by the time the castle projection show started, we felt like sardines. I wish they set it up to only give out enough FPs where people can comfortably sit on the grass. I know that would significantly impact the chances of getting the FP for the attraction but if I wanted to be crammed in with a bunch of people, I would have just filed in with the rest of the crowd. Getting out was a little easier but overall I wasn't all that impressed.

I know this is probably not the point of the FP but that's my thought on the current situation.

I really like the area set aside for Wishes. Sitting on the fake grass was actually quite nice and it seemed like at first it was going to be a very nice experience.

Then I noticed how many people were being let in and I started getting a little nervous. Next a CM comes through telling everyone to stand up. I found that odd simply because we had the grass and could actually see everything perfectly if everyone in the FP viewing area sat as well. Bottom line is that by the time the castle projection show started, we felt like sardines. I wish they set it up to only give out enough FPs where people can comfortably sit on the grass. I know that would significantly impact the chances of getting the FP for the attraction but if I wanted to be crammed in with a bunch of people, I would have just filed in with the rest of the crowd. Getting out was a little easier but overall I wasn't all that impressed.

I know this is probably not the point of the FP but that's my thought on the current situation.

When did this happen?

It goes contrary to many recent reports.

(Just trying to keep current.)

One thought is that people self select which section to use. Maybe your section was more popular that night?

That's not to say that they don't issue a few too many FPs. I'd say the probably do. But keeping to the back of the section while others squeeze toward the front helps a bit.

We had a good experience with it and would probably do it again. It's pretty crowded, but it's still better than duking it out on Main Street. ;)

Hmmm ...this makes me a little worried. We opted to use our 3rd fp for wishes. I wouldnt to happy if we were smushed in like sardines. My daughter is clausterphobic ...which is why we chose to fp it

Just to relate our experience from June:

We were allowed to sit right up until Celebrate the Magic started. Then, the CM gave a cursory direction for everyone to stand up. Some people did, others did not. The CMs did not force the issue. We were not packed in. I got the feeling (with no way to prove this, it was just my impression) that the direction to,stand up had more to do with safety/evacuation procedure, than because they needed to cram more people in. And Wishes FP were sold out for this night, so it *shouldn't* have been any more or less crowded for us than the OP.

One thought is that people self select which section to use. Maybe your section was more popular that night?

That's not to say that they don't issue a few too many FPs. I'd say the probably do. But keeping to the back of the section while others squeeze toward the front helps a bit.

We had a good experience with it and would probably do it again. It's pretty crowded, but it's still better than duking it out on Main Street. ;)

This could have been the reason. I was at the one near TL. Didn't see the crowd at the other. Even then, there should be something in place saying that this section is at capacity.

We were allowed to sit right up until Celebrate the Magic started. Then, the CM gave a cursory direction for everyone to stand up. Some people did, others did not. The CMs did not force the issue.

Lol - I wish I had your CM. Ours meant *business* and she was not taking no for an answer. Very sweet, very polite, very cute...but a Nazi about standing. A couple of people sat back down after she left, but most were too scared. :)

Just to relate our experience from June:

We were allowed to sit right up until Celebrate the Magic started. Then, the CM gave a cursory direction for everyone to stand up. Some people did, others did not. The CMs did not force the issue. We were not packed in. I got the feeling (with no way to prove this, it was just my impression) that the direction to,stand up had more to do with safety/evacuation procedure, than because they needed to cram more people in. And Wishes FP were sold out for this night, so it *shouldn't* have been any more or less crowded for us than the OP.

This was our experience in June as well. Honestly, I don't even recall a CM coming thru telling us to stand, but my daughter confirms they did. The people towards the front all stood- lots of people on the grass and further back did not. It We were what I considered moderately full, but nowhere near shoulder to shoulder and a very polite, well mannered crowd unlike the craziness that goes on outside the viewing area. We also did the dessert buffet on another night and thought the FP+ area was a much better experience.

We won't ever get out in that madness again- it's a Wishes FP+ or we'll skip it. Sorry you had a bad go at it, but most people these days seem very happy with it.

Last edited:
I get where you're coming from OP. I had to sort of mull the experience over for a while after getting back before even deciding to give it a thumbs up. I do wish they would cut back a bit on how many they issue to make it a slam dunk great experience.

Part of what I liked about it is that I like to photograph the fireworks, and there was room to put up my tripod without other people getting crazy close and bumping into it. But it was indeed more crowded than I would have expected for a FP experience.

Our area was not over crowded but we sat and then stood at the very back. I too wish they had let everyone stay seated. A nice CM came thru and told us we had to stand. A few complained but he said it was his job to tell us to stand. The children in front of us were happier with everyone sitting because they could see while running around but several had to go on shoulders when everyone stood. And a woman next to us was on an ECV and had trouble seeing after everyone stood. I wish Disney would rethink this.

I was online last night at 12:00:01 60 days out to book our Fastpasses and there were no Wishes FP+ available for our stay. Or Festival of Fantasy for the days we are in MK. I was just checking the first four days of our 6 day stay end of September, so far from busy time. That is just ridiculous, and crazy to think it is not even worth it when you get there. So much for locking in your fun, Fastpass+!

In the spring, we were allowed to sit until just a few minutes before Wishes began. We were then told we would have to stand due to safety concerns. Annoying as there were very few people in the area.

I was online last night at 12:00:01 60 days out to book our Fastpasses and there were no Wishes FP+ available for our stay. Or Festival of Fantasy for the days we are in MK. I was just checking the first four days of our 6 day stay end of September, so far from busy time. That is just ridiculous, and crazy to think it is not even worth it when you get there. So much for locking in your fun, Fastpass+!

Interesting you had that experience. I had no problem booking our FP+ for Wishes around 6am at 60 days out, many days were available for us. We are 3 weeks away from check-in.

Is there anyway someone could post a the view you get of Wishes when you use FP? Thanks.

el7c4n.jpg

This is a pic I took in April. We sit in the back of the FP area every time on tomorrowland side. So that's why you can see the people standing in the pic. It doesn't obstruct the fireworks though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter