Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I pick a 7pm reservation do we need to be there at 7 and stay until fireworks or can we show up an hour before Wishes?:confused3

Oh bother... another "not yet." I called at 7:04 and the CM told me she had already checked this morning for someone else but she would check again. LOL We sure are a persistent bunch:thumbsup2

I am so nervous I am not going to b able to get a time. We can only go on one day and I really want to experience this! I think it is going to open tomorrow. :(

scrappinggirl said:
I am so nervous I am not going to b able to get a time. We can only go on one day and I really want to experience this! I think it is going to open tomorrow. :(

Dont know if ive posted on this thread yet (the ipad wont let me check), but ive been watching it avidly. I'm hoping either tomorrow or Monday pleeeeeease! Just want to know its done now.

While I wouldn't call myself an expert on booking this party, in the handful of times I was trying to book it either for myself or friends, the party opened up later in the day (and not at 7am). That's not to say it always happens that way, I've just noticed this trend from my experience. It just HAS to open soon - tomorrow is March!!! :coffee:

scrappinggirl said:

Subscribe to this tread and you should get a time on the day you want

Hello everyone, I just found this thread today and have been skimming through a little bit because my family decided they wanted to try this for our trip in May. I had been checking on the dining site to try and reserve but not finding any times and thinking that we missed out on the reservation. But what I am seeing here is giving me hope.

If I'm reading right, the dates for May haven't even been released yet? And basically there is not a given time that it will happen? It could be any time/day, right? Is it better to call or to try online, is one quicker/easier than the other? Thanks for any help as I'm having a little trouble finding answers with the search down and I don't want to miss out if it is about to come available any day!

This is our first time to Disney and we are going in May. I'm wondering if we should book the Dessert Party for the first day of the trip or the last day? (The kids will be pretty busy the first day with BBB, PL, and CRT- ages 11,7,3, I don't want them to be too tired to enjoy it). TIA

Hello everyone, I just found this thread today and have been skimming through a little bit because my family decided they wanted to try this for our trip in May. I had been checking on the dining site to try and reserve but not finding any times and thinking that we missed out on the reservation. But what I am seeing here is giving me hope.

If I'm reading right, the dates for May haven't even been released yet? And basically there is not a given time that it will happen? It could be any time/day, right? Is it better to call or to try online, is one quicker/easier than the other? Thanks for any help as I'm having a little trouble finding answers with the search down and I don't want to miss out if it is about to come available any day!

It's good that you subscribed to this thread. There really is no difference in now you book the reservation. If the trend continues, May won't open up till the end of March, or early April.

For additional information on the dessert party, check out my first link in my signature. :thumbsup2

This is our first time to Disney and we are going in May. I'm wondering if we should book the Dessert Party for the first day of the trip or the last day? (The kids will be pretty busy the first day with BBB, PL, and CRT- ages 11,7,3, I don't want them to be too tired to enjoy it). TIA

That's a difficult call to make...only you know your family and how they'd respond to things. That said, your first day does look a bit busy.
We generally go on the night before we go home, kinda like the last hoorah before leaving.
Some will choose the day they are in MK if they're not using Park Hoppers; or choose a special occasion date and celebrate that way.

You may want to have a mid day lunch/dinner before attending the DP too. There are many desserts, and it can get filling.

I can't speak for WDW, but we did the Fantasmic! Dessert seating at DL which is similar (except way more expensive and not a buffet). We did it the first night we were there, even though it was a very busy day and we have 2 little kids. It was totally the best timing for us. Since it was our first night we were excited to see the show and fireworks and having a place to sit down and relax was perfect. We didn't have to wait long to stake out a spot, we got a break, and DH and I were recharged to do a few more rides after. It totally kick started the Disney magic for us, and there was no pressure later in the week if we didn't feel like staying for the show/fireworks. We did end up returning to watch the fireworks on our last night too, but it was like a bonus, no pressure to get a great spot or anything.

It's good that you subscribed to this thread. There really is no difference in now you book the reservation. If the trend continues, May won't open up till the end of March, or early April.

For additional information on the dessert party, check out my first link in my signature. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm so psyched to find out we didn't miss out!

When they open up April reservations, will it be for the entire month or partial? I'm looking for dates towards the end of April.

Thanks!

When they open up April reservations, will it be for the entire month or partial? I'm looking for dates towards the end of April.

Thanks!

They normally open an entire month at one time unless there are special dates within that month like New Years Eve, Fourth of July, etc.

I find this so frustrating that there is not a defined time frame for releasing reservations for this. I need a reservation for April 3 and am growing impatient lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter