• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported that the Party seats between 150-160 persons

This is from the Disney website:
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests

Now granted it's the website, so it could be wrong!

I am a little late in getting back here. I had Dessert Party resrvations for Friday, April 8. When I called for the reservations, the CM told me I got the first reservation for that day. We were a little slow in getting to the dessert party, but we did have a yable in the first row. However because we were a party of 5, we were toward the side. The table wad in a good spot, although we did get up to watch the fireworks.

Plenty of desserts and a nicr variety. They restocked a few times.

We really enjoyed it. But, for the cost for a family of 5 (2 of the kids are Disney adults) I don't k.ow if we would do it again

I am a little late in getting back here. I had Dessert Party resrvations for Friday, April 8. When I called for the reservations, the CM told me I got the first reservation for that day. We were a little slow in getting to the dessert party, but we did have a yable in the first row. However because we were a party of 5, we were toward the side. The table wad in a good spot, although we did get up to watch the fireworks.

Plenty of desserts and a nicr variety. They restocked a few times.

We really enjoyed it. But, for the cost for a family of 5 (2 of the kids are Disney adults) I don't k.ow if we would do it again

Thank you for posting this. I hope you had a magical time

Got our reservation for our first night, (May 7) but now I am wondering if it would be better for our last night?

I would have to give up a BOG ressie for 8:40 on the 11th, although we were just going for appetizers and/or and desert anyway. We were hoping to catch the end of the fireworks, but it sounds like it would be too rushed. How long do the fireworks last? Ugh! I can't decide!

Wait! I think Wishes doesn't start till 10:00, so I won't have to give up BOG! Yay!

I just managed to snag a reservation for May. I was given a time of 9:10 pm. My daughter is in a wheelchair and visually impaired. I am nervous we will be seated in the back and she won't be able to see the fireworks. Do they have a wheelchair area? Thanks!

I just managed to snag a reservation for May. I was given a time of 9:10 pm. My daughter is in a wheelchair and visually impaired. I am nervous we will be seated in the back and she won't be able to see the fireworks. Do they have a wheelchair area? Thanks!

[removed my information because the set-up has changed since I went and I don't want to promote outdated information]

I would call Disney Dining and ask them what they suggest about requesting a special spot/table.

It's only one level now. Check out the pictures on my first thread in my signature....unless they changed again in the past year. I'm guessing you might be able to get a spot near the railing where the photo pass photographer is for viewing, but ask a cast member, they may have options

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's only one level now. Check out the pictures on my first thread in my signature....unless they changed again in the past year. I'm guessing you might be able to get a spot near the railing where the photo pass photographer is for viewing, but ask a cast member, they may have options

Wow.. that's a major change from when I went! Thank you for correcting my information.

I'm in! There will be two of us there on Sunday, May 26th. :banana:

I booked online but it took a few tries as the server was busy. Just keep trying until you get through all four screens!

(Also, I think it's easiest to seach for the restaurant event, pick the restaurant, and then put your reservation request into the little blue box on the right. That process seems to be less problematic than the general search bar on the top.)

Good luck, everyone!

We'll be there May 26th, too. Party of 5!! Hope ya'll have a great time, sooo excited to be going!!!

[removed my information because the set-up has changed since I went and I don't want to promote outdated information]

I would call Disney Dining and ask them what they suggest about requesting a special spot/table.

Thanks! I noted wheelchair accessibility on my ressie it I may still call.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! Really looking forward to it! I'll ask a CM about the seating situation.

Made my reservation - but what a mess!

Called first thing yesterday; not open yet. Called again on the drive home and the CM told me no tables were available for 5/12; told me the best she could do was 5/14. I declined. When I got home I signed in through the website/MyDisneyExperience. It also told me nothing available for a party of 2 on May 12 - but it let me make an ADR for a party of 3 on May 12. There is a bug in the program for me for the MDE app. I originally made most of my ADRs prior to that app. When it migrated to the new system it populated all my ADRs ok, but it changed all of the to 3 people. I have confirmed that they are all 'really' for 2 (and the HDDR $ was correct for 2 people, not the 3 that it shows) but somehow the system is refusing to let me reserve for fewer than 3.

So bottom line is that I have a reservation for May 12 and I will call today to have the number of guests changed from 3 to 2, to get the refund on my credit card for the non-existant person.

The new MDE upgrade to the websites and apps have caused quite a lot of issues. Yesterday I went in to link my reservation and while it look like it linked successfully it didn't show on my itinerary. After I refreshed it did show, but then it showed the same itinerary for all my days there. Nuts.

Anyway, I'll see you at the Dessert Party on May 12!! :)

We'll be there May 26th, too. Party of 5!! Hope ya'll have a great time, sooo excited to be going!!!

We're pretty excited, too! I was nervous about getting the reservation with it being Memorial Day weekend, EMH evening hours, etc. However, we made it! :woohoo:

Please feel free to say "hi" if you see us! I'm traveling with my sister again and you can see our pictures in my current trip report. :goodvibes

See you next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter