• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Buffet Reviews March / April

Thank you Polly-Anna! I've been dying to hear a recent review!!! We'll be doing this in a few weeks and really looking forward to it!

Any idea how they assign the seating? Did you call ASAP to get your reservation?

I just read the blog entry about last week's party, so as someone who went in July, I noticed a few things:

1. Beverages - beverages were crammed onto tables right near the dessert last year, so this looks more spacious

2. Dessert tables - it looks like they added plastic shelters over the table for sanitation purposes (desserts were just out in open last year), but the furniture is still the same

3. CM - we didn't have any dedicated CM last year who brought us to our table, or who cleared tables for us

4. Clearing of tables - this defiitely took place before Wishes had even started, so I'm glad to hear that they aren't doing that this year as that just rushes people

5. Photopass CM - didn't see mention of this, but last year there was a Photopass CM stationed there

6. Venue - looks exactly the same, and in fact, we even had more confetti on our table last year, but same family name tag on table

7. Food - same desserts as last year (we found too many cream desserts, and not enough selection of varied types of desserts)

8. Checking in - we waited an obscene amount of time to be seated, as they had to clear CS eaters out of there, so it sounds like check in was a bit more smooth

So, based on this blog, I don't see many differences at all, except in price - we paid $17.99/adult, with no mention of tip at all. Not sure how it's "New", except for basic refurbishment of furniture or walls (paint, cleaning, etc.)?

The blog was great though in terms of showcasing the entire event. Lots of good info/photos there for people.

Tiger :)

I just called to make reservation for some time during the week of
May 1, 2010 to May 8, 2010

Was quoted $27.68 per person (did not look for child pricing for mine are both 15)

All nights through the 8th had openings.

Talking to the DFam tonight to see if we want to do this or not. Sounds Awesome!
:banana:

i called for reservations and all the dates were open for april 19th - 23rd. but as a PP posted. 27.68 per person is obscene! my kids are 10 and 13 they couldnt come close to eating 10.00 worth of desserts much less almost 30.00 worth. heres another thing about it. the view of the fireworks from that point of view is HORRIBLE! i watched them from there b4 the dessert partys started and i was extremely let down.

Looking forward to Wishes Dessert Party and to seeing other diser's May 8th !

Thanks for all the info ! ! !

Ready4mouse - I could be wrong but my name was second on the CMs list so I think that is why we got such a good table. I was one of the first to book for that night so I think that might make a difference. Again, I could be wrong. But all the seats are fine and again you can stand up along the half wall to see the fireworks if you want. You don't block anyone's view.

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

i called for reservations and all the dates were open for april 19th - 23rd. but as a PP posted. 27.68 per person is obscene! my kids are 10 and 13 they couldnt come close to eating 10.00 worth of desserts much less almost 30.00 worth. heres another thing about it. the view of the fireworks from that point of view is HORRIBLE! i watched them from there b4 the dessert partys started and i was extremely let down.

Think of it this way - Disney would probably normally charge about $6.00 per dessert. So to eat $27.00 worth, your kids would only have to eat 4.6 desserts each. Is there really a red blooded American child out there who can't eat four and a half desserts? I know Most of my family could do that with one hand tied to the buffet table.....:lmao:

you can stand up along the half wall to see the fireworks if you want.

You don't block anyone's view.

I don't understand how that is possible.
How can guests stand along the wall and not block guests behind them?

ITA! Unless something has changed in regards to layout from last year (and according to the photo blog, it has not), you can surely stand up at railing, but you are blocking the view of guests behind you. BTDT. We lasted a few seconds at our table, before we realized that we had to secure a spot at the railing - with young kids it's a bit of a pain, as they didn't want to stand yet, but since people starting standing early, and we knew if we didn't secure a spot, we wouldn't have the best view, nor be able to see Tink fly by, so we had to leave our table earlier than we liked.

Also, not sure about the prices as I'm seeing 2 different prices? We won't be doing this again, but I was getting the info for someone else, and determining the prices is confusing. We all know that Disney upcharges/surcharges the buffet/prixe fixed/all you care to eat meals (currently it's June - Aug), so none of these dates fit into those, and the Easter upcharges are now over, aren't they? So, has Disney created yet another peak 'season' for the Dessert Party too?

Tiger

Think of it this way - Disney would probably normally charge about $6.00 per dessert. So to eat $27.00 worth, your kids would only have to eat 4.6 desserts each. Is there really a red blooded American child out there who can't eat four and a half desserts? I know Most of my family could do that with one hand tied to the buffet table.....:lmao:

We don't really eat a lot of dessert, so we are that family who finds this is overpriced, and we only paid $17.99/adult (can't remember the kids' price).

Look at it this way - most people are now on DP; therefore, their desserts are covered with their meal, so they don't spend $6.00/person on desserts. If not on DP, I find it highly unlikely that an entire family of say 4 or 6, would all order desserts - not normally the case as they might share, or, only 1 or 2 people might order. If they are kids, dessert is included with meal.

That being said, you take $28.00/per adult (not sure of kids' price) and multiply those by the number of peolple in a family, and you have a ridiculous amount of money for some dessert. The total price is very high when multiplied by all members in a party, IMHO.

Value is highly personal, as we all know, so people can justify the expense all they want, but when you look at total cost of maybe $80-$90+ for a family for a 1 hour activity, that is eating a few desserts and watching fireworks that are free to view elsewhere, that is a lot.

I do hope everyone has a wonderful time and finds value in it for their family, but like most things Disney, the cost in less than 7 months, has increased by $10.00/person, for this event, and based on the Blog, I don't see any differences from what we encountered in the summer.

Tiger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! awesome math and fraction skills

and how amazing would it be to see yall with yalls hands tied to the buffet tables proving me wrong. that would be hysterical!:goodvibes:lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

idk, i may have to challenge yall lol

I don't think it is worth it either but for prices of desserts, in the signature places, the desserts are $10-12 each.

We did the dessert party last September and were lucky enough to be seated right up front and in our opinion the best table there! :thumbsup2 Our table was closer to the wall where people stood to watch the fireworks than another other table. We sat at our table during the entire Wishes show without any trouble seeing. Now, yes, if you wanted a view of the lower part of the castle that wasn't going to happen. But the fireworks are up in the air! LOL ;) I was excited that we could relax at our table still nibbling at some desserts and drinking our beverages throughout the show! When wishes was over we stayed at our table while almost everyone cleared out. Then stood up at the wall for another 25 minutes or so watching the park clear out and saw the "kiss goodnight". It was quite honestly the most relaxing time we've had watching Wishes and departing Magic Kingdom late in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter