WISH Away the Pounds Outstanding October Challenge -- Everyone welcome!

Am a bit sad - my October really wasn't a treat at all. Today I weighed in at 100 grams over my start weight for October. And that after seeing at least a little loss last week finally.

Ah - well, there is nothing to do about it anymore besides hoping that November will be better. But that starts with a lot of stress with moving house, then there will be my birthday, two weekends with visitors and a weekend at my aunt's. Not a good month for weight loss. And today I woke up to a sore throat. So I am really not very happy right now.

Anyway, I better go and sign up for November. Maybe with a tiny goal so that I have a chance to finally be lime green again!

Awww...... sorry that October wasn't more of a treat. And November is already sounding challenging for you! First off.... gargle with some salt water to kick that sore throat out! Then start doing some thinking and planning on how you will handle eating with the move, the birthday, and the visitors and STILL stay OP! You can have a "no excuses November" if you start planning now! :hug: ...................P

QOTD~October was a trick for me. I started off so well, then it went downhill. I am ready for November and hope to make it a great one.

Congratulations on sticking with it through thick and thin! :flower3: See you on the November thread.

What's that you say? You want to know how I'm going to handle the traveling/eating/theme park foods/convention center foods situation this weekend? Well.... I'm glad you asked! I've been giving it some thought. Here's what I've come up with so far....

Friday night dinner: Pack it at home and eat at the airport. It will save both calories and money.... and our little airport here in NH doesn't have anything too exciting any how. And if I pack up a few "special" things (like a WW 2 point bar for myself and a bit of Halloween treat for DS) it will seem like a splurge.

Sat/Sun/Monday breakfast: We are staying at a Hilton Garden Inn and will receive free cooked-to-order breakfast all three mornings (thanks to DH's Platinum status with Hilton Honors :woohoo: ). I see veggie egg white omelets and lots of fruit in my future!

Sat/Sun lunch: This will be where it will get tricky. I will have to play it by ear. If I have room in my suitcase I will be bringing along some healthy snacks, since we have a fridge and microwave in the room (a few apples, a few cheese sticks, microwave popcorn, pretzels), but I have NO idea what (if anything) I'll be allowed to bring into the convention center (although I did search the OCCC site and there was NOTHING about no outside food). I'll eat my snacks whenever possible and make the best possible healthy choices otherwise. Try to stick with lean protein sandwiches (turkey or ham) and remove some of the bread, maybe salad if it is available and not terribly expensive, water, water, water.

Sat dinner: We will save our cash and our calories for treats at IOA. Since we've never been, we have NO idea what is there, but if the WWOHP is open for us, we definitely plan to share a butterbeer! If possible, I will have a few 'in room' snacks before we head to IOA, to curb my hunger.

Sunday dinner: This is our "bit of Disney" night. We haven't totally decided exactly where we are going and where we will eat. We would like to check out the new AoA resort, but I'm not sure if we will eat at the food court. Would also like to make a stop at DTD and take a monorail ride (to get as close to the "magic" as possible without actually stepping into a park). I"m sure there will be some food splurging this evening, but it is part of the "plan" so I'm okay with that.

Monday lunch: Will probably end up being airport fare or maybe something we grab along the way. I know the Orlando airport has LOTS of food choices and even some pretty healthy ones, so I think we will be okay there.

Monday dinner: We will be HOME by then. I plan to make something tomorrow to throw in the freezer. Then DH can pull it out Monday morning and I can toss it in the oven when we get home and hopefully have a hot, healthy, homecooked meal on the table by 6pm!

Exercise: Since we will be right out straight with convention hours, IOA hours, and our Disney time, I don't plan to try to fit in any "formal" exercise, but you KNOW there will be a boatload of walking involved this weekend. I will get tomorrow's mile in after I drop DS at school at 7:15 and then hit the shower and finish packing.

SOOOOO.... how does that sound? Any other ideas or suggestions? I am not going to worry too much about carbs or counting Points, but I will do my best to make SMART choices whenever possible and still enjoy a few treats along the way... cause this is real life, right??

I do love me a good detailed pjlla plan! ::yes:: Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute with your DS. :flower3:

Love your point about real life and real choices -- we're only going around once. :hippie:

not sure whether I want to say "whew" October went fast or can I have a couple of more days - I just might make my goal :rotfl2:

Congratulations on a great month and I know there are more good things in store for you in No Excuses November! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I don't know where this last week and a half or so went, but wow it *really* went! I did not make the best food choices, for sure, and I'm looking forward to getting myself back on track as we careen toward the holidays...

Oh wait, there's that Food & Wine trip coming up next week!! DH and I leave next Thursday morning and come back Monday evening, and we're both running the Wine & Dine half marathon on Saturday night. That'll offset some of the Food & Wine indulgences, but I know I'll need to watch it so I don't go overboard after the race!

Hope everyone's having a great Halloween - we had tons of trick or treaters, as usual, and then the rain came. Light sprinkles, but enough to pull some kids back in. Now that it's stopped, they're back out! I think we'll have enough candy. My indulgence has been Bottle Caps - my most favorite non-chocolate candy...

Definitely planning on keeping up with the November thread, although I may plead amnesty on catching up for the days we're at WDW!

XO
Liz

Ooo, I did not realize W&D is so close. You will do great! :yay:

Just popped in to say that if there are no volunteers to set up Nov then I'll do it. Will check back later

Amanda is hostessing November and has the thread started. We are looking for a hostess for February and April or later next year if you are interested. :flower3:

Am a bit sad - my October really wasn't a treat at all. Today I weighed in at 100 grams over my start weight for October. And that after seeing at least a little loss last week finally.

Ah - well, there is nothing to do about it anymore besides hoping that November will be better. But that starts with a lot of stress with moving house, then there will be my birthday, two weekends with visitors and a weekend at my aunt's. Not a good month for weight loss. And today I woke up to a sore throat. So I am really not very happy right now.

Anyway, I better go and sign up for November. Maybe with a tiny goal so that I have a chance to finally be lime green again!

Sorry that your October was not what you were hoping for. :hug: I know that you will have a terrific No Excuses November! ::yes::

A big thank you to our hostess and all the coaches from this months challenge! It wouldn't have been possible without you!

:thanks: It is a lot of fun for sure!

I will still be taking any late weigh ins for October but we are off to a great start in November so please join us here.http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49973146&postcount=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter