• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

Hi everybody! :wave2: Thank you so much for all your good thoughts for my friend. They started slowly bringing his body temp up but said it will be a couple of days before they know anything. Sometimes the tech advances in medicine are just amazing. Let's just hope all the fancy gadgets produce some good results!! :goodvibes

Doing better with the food this week, only went over on points one day but going to try and compensate for that today. Not feeling like a stuffed potato for the moment. Here's hoping we can all see some progress before the end of the month! ::yes::

Can someone tell me where to find the PICTURES AND ALBUMS link? I want to upload pictures, but I can't find this link that's referred to under the FAQ's for doing just that. Ugh!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Another Weigh In Day! You can send me your weight today - I will try to update tonight and again tomorrow morning. Or you can wait until Sunday and send me your final weight for the month. It's up to you!

I have also decided to just keep this thread going for July - as Lisa suggested. Things are so quiet here at the moment that I think it is nicer to just continue with this one. I will just add the new percentage to goal list for July to the first page and edit the title.

So, let me know if you want your end of June weight to count as your July start weight, or send me a July start weight on July 1st. You can do it both ways. I am just counting on everyone who has signed up for June wanting to continue with us in July as well! :goodvibes

However: We do need coaches for July!! Please let me know if you can take a week!!

And finally I am going to post one question for the weekend today:

We are at the end of June - that means 2013 is halfway over. Many of us have started this journey at the beginning of the year. Looking back - how are you doing with your longterm goals? What were your ups and downs in the first half of the year?

I often struggle with my weight loss being so slow - but looking back, I realise that I am 13 pounds lighter today than I was in January and that is quite something. I am officially no longer overweight.

One of my biggest successes in the first half of the year was that after my long three week vacation I managed to get back on track, even though it was not immediately, it only took me about two weeks.

The only thing I truly struggled with was really my own self. For whatever reason I find it far too easy to just eat lots of junk when I am stressed out. The good thing though is that I am more and more realising that eating junk does not make me any happier, but instead makes me feel tired and it drains even more energy out of me.

Hi everybody! :wave2: Thank you so much for all your good thoughts for my friend. They started slowly bringing his body temp up but said it will be a couple of days before they know anything. Sometimes the tech advances in medicine are just amazing. Let's just hope all the fancy gadgets produce some good results!! :goodvibes

Doing better with the food this week, only went over on points one day but going to try and compensate for that today. Not feeling like a stuffed potato for the moment. Here's hoping we can all see some progress before the end of the month! ::yes::

Great to hear that you are back on track again!

And I hope you friend will have a full recovery!! :hug:

975/900

Thursday: 2-mile 30-minute Walk Away The Pounds DVD

I would like to continue for July. My goal for July will be 1000 minutes. Thanks.

Weight Watchers Online told me I was "losing weight too fast" and to "have a snack now and then." I went a bit overboard and gained 3 pounds back, darn it. :( Too many snacks, I know! Back on track this week though. :)

Happy Friday everyone!!

Another Weigh In Day! You can send me your weight today - I will try to update tonight and again tomorrow morning. Or you can wait until Sunday and send me your final weight for the month. It's up to you!

I have also decided to just keep this thread going for July - as Lisa suggested. Things are so quiet here at the moment that I think it is nicer to just continue with this one. I will just add the new percentage to goal list for July to the first page and edit the title.

So, let me know if you want your end of June weight to count as your July start weight, or send me a July start weight on July 1st. You can do it both ways. I am just counting on everyone who has signed up for June wanting to continue with us in July as well! :goodvibes

However: We do need coaches for July!! Please let me know if you can take a week!!

We are at the end of June - that means 2013 is halfway over. Many of us have started this journey at the beginning of the year. Looking back - how are you doing with your longterm goals? What were your ups and downs in the first half of the year?

Thank you for hosting Mag! :love:

I went back and looked up my weight from January. Not only have I NOT made progress, but I'm actually up 2 pounds!! :scared1: It was SO disheartening to step on the scale this morning, after what I thought was a decent week, just to find I didn't lose so much as an ounce. :furious: I've officially hit another plateau and trying not to get upset about it. I've always been a notoriously slow loser, but this is ridiculous! I had wanted to be at my goal weight by May, but here I am AGAIN battling the same numbers AGAIN just when I thought I'd made progress AGAIN. :confused:

Okay, now that my rant is over, it's time to buckle down and figure out just where I keep going wrong (AND keep things in perspective! ::yes::) Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated!! :goodvibes

Great to hear that you are back on track again!

And I hope you friend will have a full recovery!! :hug:

This is exactly what I mean about keeping things in perspective. ::yes:: They warmed him back up yesterday and his heart started beating on its own. Haven't received an update yet today, so for now, we're thinking no news is good news. :goodvibes

:mad::mad: drat and double drat! i'm up this week. I did not meet my june goal. the past two months I start off with a loss and then get stuck. it seems like I lose 4 lbs one week then go 3 weeks without losing. which I get overall is still comparable to a pound a week, it's just frustrating. i'm waiting on some lab work to clue me in on if my meds are balanced. that plays into it big time. I really probably need to do another to check my steroid dose...but i'm too leary to lower it anymore and literally not be able to move all day. if i'm on too much though it will hinder losing that's for sure

so..i'm game for July and thank you Flossbona for continuing our thread!

Hi everyone, I've been reading the posts and many of us are in the same boat gaining and losing their same pounds. But we are all here and still trying, and that's the right direction. Had a good month so that makes me optimistic, but the hard part for me is realizing it's a balance and a lifestyle change. Even when I hit the magic number, if I ever do, that doesn't mean I am done so I can go back to, in my case, the fast food that got me here in the beginning. So hang in there everyone and I will try again in July. Buggie

:mad::mad: drat and double drat! i'm up this week. I did not meet my june goal. the past two months I start off with a loss and then get stuck. it seems like I lose 4 lbs one week then go 3 weeks without losing. which I get overall is still comparable to a pound a week, it's just frustrating. i'm waiting on some lab work to clue me in on if my meds are balanced. that plays into it big time. I really probably need to do another to check my steroid dose...but i'm too leary to lower it anymore and literally not be able to move all day. if i'm on too much though it will hinder losing that's for sure

so..i'm game for July and thank you Flossbona for continuing our thread!

I feel your pain!! I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the last 3 months. It's so frustrating!

I hope the labs come back with some positive info.

All weigh ins until now have been updated and we have added some green to the first page!! :thumbsup2

Am looking forward to more weigh ins!! Hopefully lots of succesful ones!!

:furious: I can't believe how bad I have been lately. I haven't tracked in over a week :furious:

Eating double portions, had French fries and a Dairy Queen blizzard. I need to be inspired to get back on track before its too late! I know I'll regret it. :faint:

Have any of you been in this situation ?

Happy weekend friends! Missing my daily "chats" with you all, but life has been busy, as I'm sure you all are too.

Weigh-in was WORSE than I feared. Need to get some control back and KEEP that control over the July 4th holiday week! But what I know has been lacking most has been exercise.:rolleyes2

Out of town again this weekend at swim meet...last night, today, and tomorrow. Packed what I could for healthy foods and drinks and I have my walking sneakers on, so if the rain holds off and I have time between events I will go walk!

I will try to chat here later! ...........P

:furious: I can't believe how bad I have been lately. I haven't tracked in over a week :furious:

Eating double portions, had French fries and a Dairy Queen blizzard. I need to be inspired to get back on track before its too late! I know I'll regret it. :faint:

Yes, I know this situation exactly! Have been there far too often. First of all, I think posting about it is the first step that can you help to get back on track!

Second: try to motivate yourself! For me it always helps looking at old pictures where I was heavier, have a look around my wardrobe whether there are clothes that don't fit anymore because they are too large. Try to visualize somehow the success you had already. I think you mentioned doing WW? Look at the line of your weights over time how it is going down. Take a bucket and fill it up with water according to the weight you already lost and carry that bucket around. When I realise that I already achieved something I usually get a kick and don't want to give that up anymore.

Also, try to focus your energy on tracking your food again. If you track you are much less likely to go off the program. If you find it difficult to make good choices, put your effort into the tracking, for me the good choices usually follow once I am back at tracking.

Hope this helps a little bit!! And if you need support come back here! That's what we are here for, everyone of us has times when things don't go as we would wish!!! :hug:

Hugs.. It's hard to let them go but knowing they are on the path to self discovery and greatness seems to make it ok ...... eventually (I think I cried everytime DD left except for the last 2 times this spring..LOL)

For now I can cry just thinking about it! I know she will do great and will be safe and all.....but I will miss her so much!

Hope all went well. I loved touring Roger Williams with both my daughters, and was disappointed neither ended up there....excellent programs with lots of choices: if the student has a change of heart he/she doesn't necessarily have to change schools. Best wishes!!!

Thanks. It is a beautiful school! I know she will learn so much and have a great experience...just hope she never regrets spending the money!

Hi everyone! Hi & bye from me for now...this week is crazy, getting ready for our vacation to CA! We leave crazy early on Saturday morning. I'm planning to read the July thread but probably won't formally join as we're traveling so much next month.

In other news, I ran the Chicago Women's Half Marathon on Sunday! It was brutal out there - so hot. I finished 12 minutes slower than my personal best, but I *finished,* which was plenty hard! When I got up at 4:45am, it was already 70 degrees out. At race start, with the sun up, it was at least 75, and the sun stayed strong for the whole race. Oof. But I did it! :)

Happy summer, everyone - I'll lurk along in July and rejoin soon!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We will miss you! Congrats on the Half! Have wonderful vacations in July!

Sorry for missing the QOTD yesterday, but the thread is sooo quiet right now, I hope nobody missed it too much!!! Seems like everyone is busy with summer - I was busy with work... :sad2:

So I am in here to quickly post a QOTD for today and will try to be back later with some replies!!

QOTD for Wednesday:
What is your favorite way to enjoy a nice summer day outside of any outdoor workouts?

It HAS been really quiet here! But at least it makes it a bit easier to keep up with for now!

If I can relax enough, I enjoy just hanging out at our pool at home with the kids...sipping lemonade, floating on a raft reading a trashy novel while the kids swim and splash...of course, we haven't done that for a few years!

Off to see the next swim event! She won her heat for her first event today...hopefully she is on a roll! ........P

Oh absolutely!! My biggest problem with the whole weight loss thing isn't the weight loss, it's the maintenance. I don't know what it is about my mental makeup but I'm horrible at maintenance type things. (Yes, this means I've got a cluttered house and office) What DOES work for me is a solid goal. With house cleaning, it's that someone is going to come over and see my house.

With weight loss, it's that I'm going to an event (in this case our cruise in December). Although I usually don't like a goal date that far away I've found a few other things coming up more quickly that are just as motivating. But without those motivators, I fall right back into whatever drive-thru is closest, whatever sugar craving I'm having, whatever free bagels are in the breakroom. It's just too easy for me to say, yeah, we can work at that tomorrow. But if I have a goal then the tomorrows start dwindling.

I agree with Flossbolna too - it really helps to be accountable for every morsel that hits the lips. Last night I was really bad - ate well all day then lounged around the house and stuffed my face with ice cream, Ritz cracker pack and something else, I can't even remember. But I put all the foods in the MyFitnessPal app and figured out an hour of Zumba would negate the extra calories - so that was an extra workout last night.

Sounds a little crazy, but it's the only thing that works for me is to have it forefront in my mind, then the eating and exercise just becomes a challenge. Once I hit my goal I can almost guarantee I'm going to go back to my non-maintenance ways and the pounds will eek their way back. It's my nature.... :(

Thank you guys !!! I have decided to start back on track tomorrow :) and gonna give a big push to try and lose 10 more before my vacation!

Wish me luck pixiedust:

Happy Friday everyone!!

Thank you for keeping the thread going for July!

My weight is actually up from January by a few pounds. It is disappointing. I am still struggling to lose those 3 pounds that I gained on my vacation at the beginning of June. I am hoping for a better July & August. I continue to do so well with exercise, but struggle with the Food part. I really need to start tracking every bite I take. I have been lax in that area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning! I CANNOT believe it's the last day of June :( Where is the summer going?!?!

As mentioned above, I have been doing so good with exercise. Since I signed up to walk a half marathon in August, I've been on a training schedule. But, I am struggling with eating. So, I am going to start fresh with July & try to kick these pesky pounds to the curb for good! I also need to be here on this thread daily to keep me in check.

This is going to be a hard week as far as eating goes. Today we are going to brunch for my moms birthday & it is a very fancy buffet. I need to keep my portions under control. Tuesday we are going to see the 1st place Pittsburgh Pirates. Whoop! That's a dangerous eating situation. Pittsburghers know Primanti's sandwiches & I always get them at PNC Park & Heinz Field! Wednesday we may head to Cleveland Aquarium & Thursday is the 4th. Yikes!! I need to plan ahead for my food choices.

I'm sorry that so many are struggling with gaining & losing the same few pounds. I'm in the same boat right now. But, we are here & we are trying. Let's move into July with a "losing" attitude :)

Well, I'm off and I will be back tomorrow.

Jill

Morning all! Last day of this out-of-town swim meet. 3.5hours round trip three days in a row.....I won't miss this when she is away. And rising so early makes it SUPER HARD to stay within my calorie limit, since it is easy to eat half of my days calories (or more) before lunch, since I am hungry when I wake up. Again today I have managed to consume more before 11am than I sometimes do for breakfast and lunch combined!

She and I did manage to get some significant chores done after we got home yesterday. Somehow my basement freezer was left cracked open while I was away last weekend :confused3 and it built up a massive amount of ice/frost...and it was particularly full since it contained most of the contents of my upstairs freezer since my new fridge delivery!:headache: we had to empty everything and either carry it up the the kitchen or load it in coolers...then boil pots of water to help the defrosting go faster...then scoop and slosh and mop the water and ice into pots to carry upstairs. It didn't take as long as I feared though, since I had help.:) nice to have a fresh, clean, organized frost-free freezer now!:thumbsup2

I also got outside for about 90minutes of yard work....and DD brought in the clean towels from the clothesline and emptied the dishwasher and dish drainer...so at least I went to bed feeling like something got accomplished!

The men had gone out to a movie, so at least I didn't have to make a big dinner during all this! Dinner was a salad and a big bowl of broccoli and black beans with a bit of cheese sauce.

Time to see if it is time for DD's last swim!..........P

Well, I'm back from my holidays...have eaten really badly (or really well depending on how you look at it!!), fresh cream cakes, fish & chips, ginger cake, crisps.......well, I was on holiday!!

Only managed to get to the gym once during the week (we were only home for 1 night, then off on our second camping trip!!) but did manage my personal best on the treadmill of 43:54 for a 5K. I'm a bit bummed though as on getting home today, I found a message on the answering machne saying that the charity 5K I was entered for next Saturday has been cancelled!!!! However, I have managed to join our local parkrun...every saturday morning a timed 5K in the park for free, so will be doing that instead.

Weight-wise, not such a good month...started at 192, finished at 190, only 28% of June target......not happy!!! Magdalene, would you put me down for July please, starting at 190, and aiming to lose 7 in July.

Still 48lb lighter than I was at the beginning of January though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter