WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

again...I am too far behind!!! :scared::scared:

my apologies...I really intended on being more frequent. I guess it's good that I've been really busy and not much computering time! I try to read on my phone but it's too overwhelming...lol

sending out the Whoosh Fairy for her rounds for us tonight!! BEST WISHES TO MY LOSER FRIENDS!

Jump back in! It's good to see you.

Well drat! I was so good with my eating this week, but haven't exercised as meds were off and i had zero, no minus zero energy. Guess I'm glad the scale still showed me the lower number from two weeks ago that is below my cushings diagnosis weight. But sadly i didn't lose this week and now have to lose 2 next week to meet my goal for the month .

Sorry you didn't have a loss this week, but keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll see a loss soon!

Thanks Jill - I am not sure he is actively looking - ;) - he is turning 63 in Aug and I think he'll just start collecting SSI if he can..

so the scale has been good to me this week and I am down .5 again.. :) last night I did my day 9 ab work out (I'm a few days behind) and I was able to do 15 sit-ups without using my arms to help me, I did 30 total along with 12 crunches and leg raises and a 20 second plank.. UGH I haven't done any ab work since Sun so it was rough! then I walked for 35 mins around my neighborhood..

so the weather up here is supposed to get steamy again this coming weekend and beginning of next week, so i think we might be visiting the beach - if I can find a suit! :blush:

Congrats on the loss and your workout :)

It's supposed to get warm here, too. 89 for the next 5 days or so. I just wish it wasn't so humid :( I hope you make it to the beach. It sounds like a wonderful way to get some relief from the heat (and hopefully relax a bit, too).

I had a .8 gain at WW yesterday. Don't know why really. Ate within my points and didn't even use one weekly point. Luckily I get one more weigh in before I leave on Monday and will keep my fingers crossed that whoosh fairy comes to my house after she is done at yours! :tink:

Have a great day all!

Sometimes weight goes up and down and, I swear, there's no rhyme or reason :confused3 I hope the whoosh fairy visits you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm running a bit late today, so I'm going to post the QOTD right now. Sorry!

Jill

:cool1:Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend? :cool1:

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it:love:?

Sometimes weight goes up and down and, I swear, there's no rhyme or reason :confused3 I hope the whoosh fairy visits you soon!
Jill

Thanks, Jill! :flower3: I don't get too excited about any fluctuations as long as they are less than a pound -- just hoping for a better finish to this challenge for me. :hippie:

:cool1:Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend? :cool1:

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it:love:?

We get to see Monsters University on the Magic next week. :3dglasses And Lone Ranger the week after. That is one of those great Disney cruise perks.

My favorite Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. pirate: I can watch that movie over and over. Of course I am a big Johnny Depp fan. :love:

My favorite ride at any Disney park is Radiator Springs Racers.

Radiator-Springs-Racers-June-9.jpg

This is IMHO the best ride in any Disney park in over 50 years of visiting DLR! :love: From the fabulous theming and landscape from the moment that you step into Carsland to that exciting moment you race across the Finish Line this is a truly memorable and fun Disney ride that you want to experience again and again. This is the kind of ride that makes me excited about the next generation of rides that Disney will be providing to it's guests! :cool2:

Aren't you glad you asked? :rotfl:

QOTD Friday, June 21

I am !!! Saturday Night with the Hubs :lovestruc

My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King.. My favorite ride is Kilmanjaro Safari - I just love it! everything about it makes me feel like I am far off in the wilds of Africa or I imagine what is must be like - will prob never get to go on a "real" one so this is my real one!

Happy Friday and weekend all - see you Monday! :beach::wave2:

QOTD Friday, June 21

I have to see how ds2 is doing. He is having 4 teeth removed tomorrow morning. If he is okay on Sunday we may go or we may go tonight if he doesn't have anything else planned.

My favorite Disney movie is hard to pick since I love so many of them

My favorite ride is either POC or HM since I saw those on the Wonderful World of Disney years before I even got a chance to see them in person.

4 more days to go and then I am done for 2 weeks before I start three weeks of prep courses.

Have a happy and healthy day

Woohoo!! Down a bit this week which finally put me down below 175. Barely but I'm under!
Bout dang time too

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Well, my favourite ride....there are so many!! Just asked DH and he came up with the same as me........Rock n Roller Coaster.....we both love the adrenalin rush soooo much!

As for Disney films......I really like Ratatouille, it's cute but meaningful too.

QOTD Friday, June 21

Too hard to answer! If I was pressed to answer I guess I'd go with The Little Mermaid as favorite movie and Soarin' as my favorite ride...or maybe Rockin'Rollercoaster.

Yes, we are going to see Monster University in about an hour!:cool1: I didn't think we would be able to fit it in this weekend, but DD isn't swimming until tomorrow afternoon, so we can squeeze it in.

Another busy day here starting with 5:30 am practice and a big shop at Target before heading home for lunch, yard work, laundry, etc.

Off to hit the shower! TTYL................P

We get to see Monsters University on the Magic next week. :3dglasses And Lone Ranger the week after. That is one of those great Disney cruise perks.

My favorite Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. pirate: I can watch that movie over and over. Of course I am a big Johnny Depp fan. :love:

My favorite ride at any Disney park is Radiator Springs Racers.

This is IMHO the best ride in any Disney park in over 50 years of visiting DLR! :love: From the fabulous theming and landscape from the moment that you step into Carsland to that exciting moment you race across the Finish Line this is a truly memorable and fun Disney ride that you want to experience again and again. This is the kind of ride that makes me excited about the next generation of rides that Disney will be providing to it's guests! :cool2:

Aren't you glad you asked? :rotfl:

I can't believe you get to see both Monsters University and Lone Ranger while on the cruise. That. Is. So. Cool!

The Pirates movies are pretty good. I just told DH that we need to watch them again in order since it's been so long since we've seen them.

I would LOVE to ride Radiator Springs Racers! One day I'll get there. Do you go often?

I am !!! Saturday Night with the Hubs :lovestruc

Yay Yay Yay!!

My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King.. My favorite ride is Kilmanjaro Safari - I just love it! everything about it makes me feel like I am far off in the wilds of Africa or I imagine what is must be like - will prob never get to go on a "real" one so this is my real one!

Happy Friday and weekend all - see you Monday! :beach::wave2:

We love Lion King as well. Have you ever seen the Broadway show? I'm sure it is spectacular! The Safari is so relaxing to me. Have you been on when anything crazy has happened? I've heard of delays because of crossing animals or animals in the roads.

I have to see how ds2 is doing. He is having 4 teeth removed tomorrow morning. If he is okay on Sunday we may go or we may go tonight if he doesn't have anything else planned.

Poor DS. That's no way to spend your weekend! I hope you get to the movie :)

My favorite Disney movie is hard to pick since I love so many of them

They are all wonderful.

My favorite ride is either POC or HM since I saw those on the Wonderful World of Disney years before I even got a chance to see them in person.

These are totally classic Disney and so fun! These two are special to me because I can remember my dad's love of them on our first trip in 1982 when I was 5 years old!

4 more days to go and then I am done for 2 weeks before I start three weeks of prep courses.

Have a happy and healthy day

Congrats on finishing up soon. Enjoy your days off :)

Woohoo!! Down a bit this week which finally put me down below 175. Barely but I'm under!
Bout dang time too

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Big Congrats!!

Well, my favourite ride....there are so many!! Just asked DH and he came up with the same as me........Rock n Roller Coaster.....we both love the adrenalin rush soooo much!

As for Disney films......I really like Ratatouille, it's cute but meaningful too.

At least you both love those thrill rides! That must make it fun on your trips.

Ratatouille is a great movie. Have you met Remy at Chefs de France in Epcot yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD~First of all, we probably won't make it to see Monsters University this weekend. But, we may go Monday depending on the show times.

My favorite Disney movie is probably Beauty and the Beast. I love the story and the music. But then again, you can't go wrong with Disney movies. Although, I haven't seen John Carter (DS7's name is Carter John which I think is hilarious) and I know it got terrible reviews.

My favorite ride is hard. I do love the classics of HM and POtC, but Soarin and Big Thunder Mountain RR are my 2 faves. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Soarin.

Hey...I thought I multiquoted Pam, but it's missing :confused3 Anyhow, we had a fun day today. I did 30DS then DH decided we should play tennis. So, we took DS7 and played for about an hour. DS7 only played a bit. He wanted to play on the playground next to the tennis courts at the park. We were the only ones playing at 11:45 in 85 degree sun, so we could keep our eyes on him. He also sat under a tree in the shade and watched us to tell us when the ball was out :rotfl:

Good news! A shelter had one opening today for a cat & we got the mama cat in! They adopt out and other rescues help to get the cats into foster homes, so I hope she has a great life. This shelter does euthenize, but only aggressive and sick animals, so DSs are happy. My cat hating DH took her, came home, and told us "she's the cutest cat there." :goodvibes We continue to bring the kitten in to be with us. Our dog is doing so much better, but still barks at her. The dog just wants to sniff and lick the kitten. The kitten DOES NOT want to be sniffed or licked :lmao: Hopefully we can find her a home soon!

One more thing to add...DSis and I wanted motivation to exercise more, so we are signing up for the Biggest Loser Erie, PA Half Marathon! :cool1: Whoop! The only problem is that it is 7 weeks away and we don't have time to train for that running, so we are going to walk it. We are excited and start training tomorrow for the long walks. We usually only walk 4 miles (one hour) so we need to step it up! We are pretty excite! My BIL is going to run it. DH is going to ask for the night off so he and the kids can come, too. I asked DH is he wanted to walk it with us, and I believe he shot me a look of death then said "no, I'm good." He's not a walker or runner :lmao:

I'm off to find Pam's missing quote and to get some laundry started. I'll be later to check in.

Jill

Too hard to answer! If I was pressed to answer I guess I'd go with The Little Mermaid as favorite movie and Soarin' as my favorite ride...or maybe Rockin'Rollercoaster.

Yes, we are going to see Monster University in about an hour!:cool1: I didn't think we would be able to fit it in this weekend, but DD isn't swimming until tomorrow afternoon, so we can squeeze it in.

Another busy day here starting with 5:30 am practice and a big shop at Target before heading home for lunch, yard work, laundry, etc.

Off to hit the shower! TTYL................P

The music in The Little Mermaid is some of my favorite. Did you go on the Voyage of the Little Mermaid a few times with DD? Soarin and RnR are like complete opposite rides. :lmao: One is so relaxing and the other is not! Glad you like them both.

Have fun at the movies!

We just got back from Monster's U and we loved it.

Those people who are as old as I am will remember a movie with the same theme "The Revenge of the Nerds" Almost the same premise.

It was a lot of fun and we laughed a lot.

Those people who are as old as I am will remember a movie with the same theme "The Revenge of the Nerds" Almost the same premise.

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a good time. The Revenge of the Nerds? Oh my...I haven't seen those for...ever! :rotfl2:

Jill

Can't wait to see MU as well; but we made a family pact to not see it until our cruise in 5 weeks! And Lone Ranger too :teeth:

Fav movie; Mary Poppins and Alice in wonderland

Fav ride: tower of terror , I still get nervous on it!

Good Morning everyone!!

First of all I want to thank Jill for coaching last week! I will be your coach for the last week of June and I hope we all will have a strong finish!

I have updated the first page with the weigh ins I got so far! It has become even more colourful! :thumbsup2

If you have not send me your updated weight, you can do this anytime this weekend! I hope to get a few more numbers!! :goodvibes

My own weigh in wasn't as great as I had hoped, but I lost 0.5 pounds. And that puts me at 77% towards my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I am sometimes a bit jealous of those of you who manage to lose more than my monthly goal in one week... Especially since I have been so good at staying OP every day this week. But I decided to keep what I am doing for now and try to reevaluate after another two or three weeks. Things like the heat last week and TOM do have an influence on my weight, so I think trends need to be observed over a longer period of time than only one week.

QOTD for the Weekend:

We are starting into the last week of the month! Is there anything you plan to focus on during the next week that will help you to reach your goal of the month?

Mine will be to exercise more. I am finally rid of that stupid work cell phone so I can focus on spending time for exercise again!! Also the weather is cooler again, quite perfect for running and I am really looking forward to going for runs in the next few days! :thumbsup2

I am a bit afraid that this will make me hungrier, but I decided that I will eat some of my activity points if I manage to get more active!

QOTD Friday, June 21

I just bought the ticket to see MU tomorrow morning - in English!! I am so happy that my local cinema shows some films in the original, that's so much nicer than when they are dubbed into German.

QOTD:
If I need to pick a favourite movie, I would pick Cinderella, but more for nostalgic reasons. As a kid my favourite Disney movie was Pete's Dragon.

And favourite ride? That's even more difficult to pick. I think for me it would be Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris.

DSC01941.jpg

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I am officially done with work until I return from vacation yet I still woke up at 3:00 a.m. unable to go back to sleep. :confused3

Sounds like fun, Dona! :cool2: Hope your son is feeling okay. :flower3:

Can't wait to see MU as well; but we made a family pact to not see it until our cruise in 5 weeks! And Lone Ranger too :teeth:

Fav movie; Mary Poppins and Alice in wonderland

Fav ride: tower of terror , I still get nervous on it!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one waiting to see things on the ship. :sail:

I still get nervous on Tower of Terror, too, Molli. :hug: And at the things that jump out from behind the tombstones at Haunted Mansion. They scared me when I was a kid -- they scare me today! :rotfl:

Good Morning everyone!!

First of all I want to thank Jill for coaching last week! I will be your coach for the last week of June and I hope we all will have a strong finish!

I have updated the first page with the weigh ins I got so far! It has become even more colourful! :thumbsup2

If you have not send me your updated weight, you can do this anytime this weekend! I hope to get a few more numbers!! :goodvibes

My own weigh in wasn't as great as I had hoped, but I lost 0.5 pounds. And that puts me at 77% towards my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I am sometimes a bit jealous of those of you who manage to lose more than my monthly goal in one week... Especially since I have been so good at staying OP every day this week. But I decided to keep what I am doing for now and try to reevaluate after another two or three weeks. Things like the heat last week and TOM do have an influence on my weight, so I think trends need to be observed over a longer period of time than only one week.

QOTD for the Weekend:

We are starting into the last week of the month! Is there anything you plan to focus on during the next week that will help you to reach your goal of the month?

Mine will be to exercise more. I am finally rid of that stupid work cell phone so I can focus on spending time for exercise again!! Also the weather is cooler again, quite perfect for running and I am really looking forward to going for runs in the next few days! :thumbsup2

I am a bit afraid that this will make me hungrier, but I decided that I will eat some of my activity points if I manage to get more active!

Thanks for hostessing and coaching this week! :flower3:

I just bought the ticket to see MU tomorrow morning - in English!! I am so happy that my local cinema shows some films in the original, that's so much nicer than when they are dubbed into German.

QOTD:
If I need to pick a favourite movie, I would pick Cinderella, but more for nostalgic reasons. As a kid my favourite Disney movie was Pete's Dragon.

And favourite ride? That's even more difficult to pick. I think for me it would be Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris.

DSC01941.jpg

Ooo, I love seeing pictures from other Disney parks! :love: That is one of my dreams to see every Disney Park in person some day. ::yes::

Happy Saturday friends! I'm here at the Brown University pool for a swim meet. What a beautiful facility!

IPad battery apparently did not charge this morning so I am not taking the time to do replies or answer the QOTD. Want to save battery so I can waste.....errrr, I mean SPEND time on Pinterest. :rotfl2:

Monsters U was sweet and funny....DD could definitely relate to the over-achieving Mike.... And DS sadly related to the UNDER-achieving Sully!:lmao: Be sure to stay til the VERY end!;)

TTYL after I charge up a bit!............P

QOTD for the Weekend:

QUOTE]

Well, I'm focussing on the running.......went to the gym this morning and did 5K in 47:01......getting a little better each time, but nowhere near as fast as I run outside!! (Current record is 39:59)

Realised today that I run my first 5K in only 2 weeks!!!!!! Have already got £100 in sponsorship for our local Air Ambulance.

Good Morning everyone!!

You're welcome! Thank you for coaching this last week.

Congrats on the loss :)

QOTD for the Weekend:

QOTD~I already know I am not going to meet my goal for June. I am now just trying to lose the weight that I gained on vacation. This week I am planning on more healthy eating (I did pretty good the last couple days) and train for walking a half marathon. Being on a training plan is going to keep me moving. Plus, my sister & I are doing it together, so we are counting on each other. It always helps to have a set workout with a buddy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was pretty hot in western PA. Tomorrow, it's supoosed to continue to be hot but the humidy is supposed to get worse. :furious: I can't stand humidity!

We had a busy day but now I am just relaxing before DSs head to bed. We are attending a different church tomorrow where DS10 is going to camp. The kids are running the service, so it should be fun. I will probably bring DSs home after and head out to the grocery store. Fun times :rotfl:

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Jill

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I saw Monsters University today and thought it was very loveable film. Enjoyed it a lot!!

But the highlight of the day was when I stepped on the scale this morning and I had nearly a pound less than yesterday!! This number was 100 grams (I am on the metric system here) below my lowest number so far just before I left for vacation. And when I entered it in my weight tracking app in my iphone (I do this daily, gives me a great visual how my weight is over all going down in the last 6 months!) the colour scheme of the page went from yellow to green as I am now down to a BMI of exactly 25 and the app now considers me no longer overweight!!! The last time I was this low was in February 2011... I am so excited that I now getting to work on really old pounds, not some which I gained recently!! :banana::banana::banana:

Well, I'm focussing on the running.......went to the gym this morning and did 5K in 47:01......getting a little better each time, but nowhere near as fast as I run outside!! (Current record is 39:59)

Realised today that I run my first 5K in only 2 weeks!!!!!! Have already got £100 in sponsorship for our local Air Ambulance.

5 km in 40 minutes is not bad at all for someone who is new at running!! I am very impressed. I am such a slow runner... And well done on also raising money for charity!! :thumbsup2

QOTD~I already know I am not going to meet my goal for June. I am now just trying to lose the weight that I gained on vacation. This week I am planning on more healthy eating (I did pretty good the last couple days) and train for walking a half marathon. Being on a training plan is going to keep me moving. Plus, my sister & I are doing it together, so we are counting on each other. It always helps to have a set workout with a buddy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was pretty hot in western PA. Tomorrow, it's supoosed to continue to be hot but the humidy is supposed to get worse. :furious: I can't stand humidity!

We had a busy day but now I am just relaxing before DSs head to bed. We are attending a different church tomorrow where DS10 is going to camp. The kids are running the service, so it should be fun. I will probably bring DSs home after and head out to the grocery store. Fun times :rotfl:

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Jill

That's really great that you have a training buddy who keeps you motivated! Hope the humidity is not too bad! We are back to rather cool weather, but I prefer it this way. If the weather can't be perfect, I rather have it on the cooler side, much easier to stay active that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter