WISH Away the Pounds -- Fantastic February Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

1) In college. I gained the "freshman 40". I lived on cheese fries in the dorms among other non healthy choices. So I went on a diet in my sophmore year and lost it all. I gave up sugar and junk food. Did not drink soda, had ZERO desserts for over a year, did weight training at the college gym.

2) 6yrs ago, I again gave up junk food, exercised with walking 7miles a day, and drank diet soda.

This time it is different because it is about health and not just about fitting into pants and looking good in a swimsuit, although I am going to so enjoy that too.:beach:

College is SUCH a minefield of bad eating! I am truly worried about DD. I know that she know the RIGHT way to eat and will be exercising as long as she is swimming, but there is SO MUCH TEMPTATION at every turn!

Sometimes it takes time and perspective to realize that this is about so much more than just looking good in a swimsuit.... although that is a great motivator too!:thumbsup2

I have made countless attempts at weight loss! I've been on Atkins, WW, The Zone, South Beach and the Dr. Phil diet (yes, Dr. Phil had a diet). The only time I was ever actually successful was actually on the Dr. Phil diet. I lost 30 pounds (which at the time seemed like a lot and now seems so small since I have so much more to lose!) and was thin and fit (DH actually thought I was too skinny... that was a first!). But of course I gained it all back because I just wasn't commited to a lifestyle change.

You said the KEY WORDS, right there!

This time around is different but I'm not sure I can explain why. I have been 100% committed for over a month now and have not struggled once, which is unheard of for me. I just know that I can do it. I'm done having kids and it's time to start the next chapter of my life. Even though my kids are still young and I can't say it's time for "my chapter" because they still rule my life, it's time I start focusing more on me, both for my sake and for the sake of my family. I sometimes wish I had had boys because I am terrified that my girls will grow up to be like me and have major body and self esteem issues. So if I want to spare them from that then I know that I need to change myself and lead by example. Show them what proper eating and exercise looks like without obssessing over it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

Boys can have body issues/self-esteem issues too. No one is immune. Setting an example for our kids is SO SUPER important.... in EVERYTHING WE DO!! As my kids get older, I realize what a BAD example I have set in many things! I don't always take out my contacts and clean them... I frequently sleep in them. But now DD has contacts and I realize what a bad example I've always set! I also tend to be a distracted driver at times (phone calls, GSP, etc) and obviously I don't want my kids to follow suit!!

It is hard to realize when your kids are babies, toddlers, teens... that they are watching EVERYTHING YOU DO! And they MAY follow in your footsteps, whether you like it or not!

Setting a great eating/exercise example for them is such a great thing to do!

As to how many attempts - I lost count!:scared1: But this time is and has been different as I went with WW :thumbsup2. Knowing the history of their program and how they've been around, it was an easy call.::yes:: And for the first time ever, (and after more than 13 months :(), I finally see results! There's been a few bumps along the way - can you say the exact same weight for 7 weeks!:furious: - but the numbers have continued to go down and now I'm 7 pounds away from the goal I set for myself last January. Since I know I have all these fellow Disney dorks :love: behind me, those last few pounds better get ready to hit the road! :wave2:

Since I know as I get older, the ability to keep those pounds off gets harder as metabolism slows, I make sure to keep my activity level as high as I can while not overdoing it and getting sick. How many people can say they ran a half marathon at 45 and plan on doing a full at 46?:confused3 I've become so addicted to moving, that I feel like a beached whale if I'm not doing something, even if it's just a walk at lunchtime. And that is NOT a happy feeling!!:crazy2: So in honor of Dori :fish:, I just keep running, just keep running, just keep running, running, running...:lmao:

Wow! You've really made great progress. And I'm not "selling" anything here, but don't you LOVE the WW program?? Do you know it was voted the #1 weight loss program in the country again?? I GET that it isn't for everyone, but I love it!

Amazing example YOU are setting in being so active at 45! Not that that is old!! You are in the PRIME of life right now!

Okay friends! I forgot my cell phone and my apple on the counter at home, so I decided to not worry about being late to Bible study and run home and get them after I dropped off the kiddos. So while I was here I decided to take another few minutes to chat with you all! If I'm gonna be late, might as well be REALLY late! :lmao:

Wearing my new grey cashmere sweater today with a new scarf I picked up for cheap at Old Navy! I love having new clothes that make me feel so good... and comfy to boot!

I'll answer my own QOTD before I leave..........P

QOTD for Tuesday February 5, 2013:

How many attempts at weight loss have you made in your adult life? Why will THIS TIME be different? What are you doing this time to be SURE that you make it to goal and maintain your loss??

TOO MANY TO COUNT! I made my first attempt at WW at about age 13!! I know that I lost some weight the summer between 9th and 10th grade and was a really nice size throughout high school (although I didn't think so then). Gained and lost throughout college. Hit the 160's in my early 20's and then the 170's when dating DH. Lost the weight (through my own modified WW program) before I got married and was about 140 on my wedding day. And then promptly gained back every ounce after the honeymoon! :headache:

After 2 newlywed years of being fat and gaining more weight, I finally officially went back to WW and got down to the mid 150's in about 1994. But then we built our house and there was no more time or $$ for WW. I went off program and gained some of it back... and then got pregnant with DD and BLEW UP!!

Lost some of it when DD was about 1 through Jenny Craig (had a friend who was working for them and she sold me their food on the side). Wasn't at my goal, but definitely felt better about myself. But again, promptly put it all back on when I stopped eating their food.... and then got pregnant with DS.

After DS I hit my all-time-adult-high-nonpregnant-weight... and returned to WW weighing 219 in about 2000.... lost a bit and stopped going AGAIN!!

Returned to WW yet again in 2003 in anticipation of a WDW trip (didn't want another album full of "fat" pictures). Lost about 40 pounds over the course of a year and got into the 170's, felt pretty good about myself at WDW, stopped WW and gained back about half over the next year!!!

RE-re-re-re-started this journey with Weight Watchers on 01/02/2008 for yet another WDW trip... and HAVE NOT STOPPED!! I FINALLY got the message! This is NOT a temporary visit.... it is a LIFETIME JOURNEY into healthy eating!! Not sure exactly WHY it clicked this time, but am SO GLAD IT DID!! IT was worth it! Sure, I wish I had made the connection earlier in my life, but better now than never!

Of course, I mention Weight Watchers a lot.... those were most of my MAJOR attempts at weight loss. But I have lost track of all of the times I tried Atkins, cabbage soup diet, Slimfast, and a few of my own crazy diet concoctions (anyone want to hear about my Survivor diet?? :lmao: ) Most of those attempts only lasted a few days or weeks... and none kept the weight off for any length of time. Wonder why??:scratchin..........................P

pjlla said:

How many attempts at weight loss have you made in your adult life? Why will THIS TIME be different? What are you doing this time to be SURE that you make it to goal and maintain your loss??

This is my first attempt. I used to be content with the way that I looked because "at least I wasn't as big as my sister." I think moving away was what kicked my butt into losing weight.

How is everyone? :) I have been dealing with a major back flareup and it is unfun. It started after the run (mildly) on Saturday but was made worse by shopping for a new sofa.:confused3 I guess trying out all those sofas on Saturday and Sunday was like doing a bunch of squats. ;) Anyhow, this is getting ridiculous and I have been dealing with this for waaaaaaay longer than I should have, so I finally made an appointment with my doctor to see what she thinks. Thought about just going back to the physical therapist, but I think there might be some underlying cause that is being missed. Mike and I were supposed to start a TRX class at the Y tomorrow night and the cool thing--we were the only one's signed up so it would have been lots of individual attention. Oh well. They are being very kind and refunding our money. I still would love to take the class, but need to find out what' up first.

So forgive my absence. Trying to be positive, but I feel like it is a continuous battle to stay uninjured. And it's tiring. It could always be worse, but it is frustrating.

As for the QOTD--I feel like I have been trying to lose weight my entire life sometimes. I had a mom who told me I was "big" all of the time, so even when I was a very healthy size 8 in high school (and this is when an 8 was much smaller than it is now), I always thought I was fat. So I tried and "failed" and gained and lost too many times to count. At my highest I was in the 190s, probably pushing 200. Conveniently we didn't have a scale that worked well at the time.

This time I am catching it early--and I am still in a healthy range--but I am having trouble with motivation. And--this might sound funny, but I feel like I want to fail on some level because I am feeling so bad about everything right now. DS graduates from college in May and we will see so many people we haven't seen in years, and I feel like I am sabotaging myself at every turn so that I will look bad, since I am already not feeling good about things right now. Does that make any sense at all? Anyhow, throwing it all out there in hopes that it is the kick in the pants that I need to not let this latest injury setback really throw me off my game.

I am headed to the gym for an easy workout. Sometimes moving a bit makes it feel better. :)

Have a good Tuesday!

LTS--I think you asked about Domino's g-f pizza. When it first came out I was excited. I think one of the celiac foundations was supporting it. But then I found out the majority of the stores are doing nothing to avoid cross contamination--so no, I never even tried it. If I am going to get glutened, I would rather it be by choice. :) I think it got good reviews, if I remember correctly.

Waaay too many to count! Bu the most serious attempt I had was when I lost 100 lbs between 5/08 and 7/09. I was surpirsed how "easy" it seemed! NOT that it was easy, far from it, but weight loss always seemed like an enigma to me! I could never lose weight! And I didn't understand why... I considered gastric bypass, even started that consultation process, but then it just clicked... Eat less, move more :idea: Unfortunately, as it seems we all do, I stopped being strict, gained back about 20 lbs over the course of a year or so, then gave up altogether and gained back another 60 :scared2: Well, this time I think it is different because I understand what a healthier lifestyle is AND I realy feel committed to making LIFESTYLE changes. This is something I work with clients on and preach all day long at work (different kind of lifestyle obviously, but the same concept!). I FINALLY feel like I actually get it! No more excuses, just do what I know is right in regards to my health, not just NOW to lose weight, but FOREVER to be healthy. And set an example for my kids... I try to instill healthy habits with them, but if I am not practicing them myself, they likely won't either as an adult. This is my life, the only one I get and I better make it good ::yes::

Oh and BTW, did the Biggest Loser card challenge workout last night and convinced DF to join me :) Did squats, fire hydrants, leg raises, and calf raises (which are easy to begin with so I made it a standard 10 every time that suite came up, my calves were on fire at the end). Completed the workout, still had 45 mins of Biggest Loser left to watch (I always workout while watching the show) so I jumped on the treadmill for 25 mins :) It was a good night ::yes::

Difficult to count. I would say three - and this is either continuing number 3 or a new number 4, difficult to say.

What is different? I know I am a stress eater and I think I have finally come to a point in my life where I have decided that I won't let stress dictate my weight. I am actually at the moment in a situation at work that in the past would have caused me to comfort eat. I don't let that happen. Part of that is certainly that I found out as I have become older that I learned a lot about myself, but part is also that I have over the last 15 years become a much more active person.

Emotional eating was a big topic in my Bible discussion group this morning. And it isn't just stress that sends us to the snack cupboard! Anger, sadness, disappointment, anxiety, happiness, exhaustion... you name it! But good for you for realizing where the problem lies with you and addressing it properly!

I hated sports as a kid and teenager and only really started moving in college. Not because I enjoyed it, but because I had a few really thin friends who were very sporty and they helped me to loose weight for the first time by dragging me to fitness classes. Since then I had periods of time with lots of activity as well as times when I could not be bothered to do anything. Over the recent years I really have been able to keep a much more constant level of physical activity and I have grown to really enjoy it. I no longer go out for a run because I know I have to do it, but because I have fun running. I NEVER imagined I could ever say that!! But I do.

WOOHOO for fun exercise!

:lmao: You are a great writer!!! That was very funny. The programm really drains all energy from your muscles. I kept feeling wobbly for hours after I had finished it. No wonder you had problems with the shower!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks. I'm really not a very good writer, but was definitely writing from the HEART for that one!

This is my first attempt. I used to be content with the way that I looked because "at least I wasn't as big as my sister." I think moving away was what kicked my butt into losing weight.

Good for you for taking charge on your first attempt and making it a good one! Keep making those good choices and you can be one of the lucky ones who gets it right on the first try!

:lmao::lmao: Great review!!!!

Thanks!

Well friends, I'm here, but the dang house is so cold I don't want to sit here at the computer for long.... my fingers are so cold that my typing is getting bad! I'm home alone so I don't want to turn up the heat all over, so I'm hibernating in my room with a space heater.

Lunch is a delicious low fat burrito! They are CedarLane brand (from Costco.... also seen them at the grocery store). They are organic and NEARLY vegan/vegetarian (just a bit of milk product). They are one of those few "convenience foods" that I feel okay keeping on hand. And just what I was craving today! Warm and yummy and filling! Salad was good, but on a cold day like this I am craving something warm and wasn't really in the mood for lentil soup.

I may not make it back on tonight. DD has a charity swim meet tonight and wants to be at the Y 90 minutes ahead of schedule to get in a good swim workout, so I will be there at the Y, getting my workout in as well. Then I'll watch the swim meet in my nasty workout clothes and DARE anyone to sit next to me!! :lmao: (Don't really expect much parent participation, as this isn't a "real" meet.)

And tomorrow morning is DD's absolute LAST morning high school swim practice.... forever!! The 4 am alarm tomorrow will definitely be bittersweet.

TTYL....................P

Hi Jill-

I have never relocated but I would say look into the taxes ( property and school ). We pay $4500 on a 1400 sq ft home ( NY ), my sister in law pays$1200 on a 6000 sq ft home ( NC). The big difference? She gets nickeled and dimed for EVERYTHING, including her kids schooling because the public schools are crap, so she pays for charter. Even her cable bill is crazy high with a million extra taxes added in, costs more to register her car, etc. Just something to be aware of.
Melinda

Thanks for the input~more stuff I need to think about. It's a *little* overwhelming! I know my friend in Virginia has to pay taxes on her cars. What? And, it's a lot. By the way, your $4500 tax bill almost made me fall out of my chair!

Thanks for the encouragement! So far it seems that today I am not as sore as I was last week. Maybe my muscles still remembered some of the moves?

Jillian certainly makes it quite clear that she wants you to be in pain! ::yes:: But strangely I find her rather motivating! From what I have read it seems that she is quite well known in the US? I never heard of her before, but the DVD here in Germany comes with the byline of "#1 fitness DVD in the USA".

I am actually looking forward to my workout tonight!

Jillian is huge here for being on The Biggest Loser tv show. I know many people who have tried the 30 Day Shred (not me personally-I am more motivated to work out at the gym than at home) and they love it!

Lots to think about for you right now. Try asking about relocation costs over on the Budget Board.

Never thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion. I read over there sometimes & they seem nice.

Hmmm...I've been on my current weight loss plan since last year. I've tried a couple others as an adult, but got real serious when I realized I had gained 20 pounds in the couple years after my second DS. I needed to kick it back into gear and I started slowly last year and am still plugging away.

I have made countless attempts at weight loss! I've been on Atkins, WW, The Zone, South Beach and the Dr. Phil diet (yes, Dr. Phil had a diet). The only time I was ever actually successful was actually on the Dr. Phil diet. I lost 30 pounds (which at the time seemed like a lot and now seems so small since I have so much more to lose!) and was thin and fit (DH actually thought I was too skinny... that was a first!). But of course I gained it all back because I just wasn't commited to a lifestyle change.

I tried the Dr. Phil thing before I had my second DS. I lost about 20 pounds and was at the lowest I had been since high school. I'm currently about 5-10 pounds above that & it's the hardest to lose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! It's a quiet day at work today because all of my afternoon classes are at a field trip, so I was finished teaching at 10:10. I am plugging along on the 3 IEPs I have to do within the next two weeks, though, so I really needed this time. Tomorrow I will be on the second day of our field trips (our alternative school is separated and girls are in one building, boys in the other. Boys went today, I will go tomorrow with the girls) at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh. I love that place & the girls are so excited. Most of the kids have never been to a museum and probably will never go again, so it's a ton of fun.

DH and talked last night about moving. It just turned into a disagreement about putting our house up for sale, so we didn't get far :( Maybe I'll try again tonight.

I'm going to miss my class at the gym tonight because DS9 has an eye appointment. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I guess I'll do the elliptical or dvd at home. I wish it was warmer in PA, so I could get outside and move. While I'm at it, I wish I could see some sunshine, too. I guess I left that in Disney last week!

Well, I'm off to get more IEP stuff done. I needed a break and checking in here was great.

Jill

I guess trying out all those sofas on Saturday and Sunday was like doing a bunch of squats.

Lol.

I'm feeling pretty rotten today too. Got cramps, (miss friend came to town today) have shoulder pain from work, and lower back. Ate and drank way too much last night after coming home from a union meeting where we voted on a new contract which is awesome really but it's always a little nerve wracking whether or not it'll pass because the next step is strike. Our insurance that had gotten messed up last contract got fixed and is back to 85% and we even get a few raises which will result in some back pay--we've been without contract for 22 months. Was upset because my 'friend' didn't work the superbowl-- usually he does and then he's back to Sundays and mondays, so I'm wondering if that's going to happen this year. I only see him 3 days a week now-- as much as I love my job--it's getting to where I hate being there when he's not. Honestly I don't know why I'm still doing this but everytime I even think of moving on-- I get suicidal. So I'm stuck.

Yeah--like many posters here too many times to count. This time-- I don't know, right now I'm feeling extremely disparate. The only thing keeping me going right now is the possibility my new kitty might be knocked up lol. It would be a way for me to have guilt free kittens that won't die...I was looking at her tummy for scars a few nights ago since she was letting me and of course no spay scars. I also noticed her belly seems pretty full and fat for someone who is still so skinny. My husband says he's just been feeding her a lot, but her nipples are kind of big and pink too....I hadn't even thought of that possibility as I really thought cats only went into heat in the warm months but went online and did some research and I guess they go all year if they're indoor cats. And they can go every 2 weeks. At this point I guess we just wait and see-- I think it's a long shot because it is winter, plus I think she might have been in heat when we first got her because she was meowing constantly and trying to escape. But I thought that was just from y'know being moved to a house with so many cats and everything strange. She didn't have any discharge or do the crouching thing though--I don't know. She's settled down quite a bit in the last week and stopped with the escape attempts. Would really love having kittens though without the pain in the rear of every 2 hour round the clock bottlefeedings.
Going to have to be very careful to watch her though and make sure if she already isn't knocked up-- she doesn't get that way. Having her come in with baggage is ok but to allow it to happen on my watch would be extremely irresponsible on my part. I volunteered at enough animal rescues to know there's too many wonderful animals being euthanized or living extremely rough lives to create more. Once you have volunteered and spent time in a euthanasia room-- you spay and neuter.
Well, gonna go get dressed and pack my gym bag. Was going to make tuna helper with some dungeness I got yesterday but I don't think I'll have time(takes me a long time to pick a crab) so it's leftover chicken again tonight I think. I'm certainly not giving up jacuzzi time.

dismagiclover said:
So I saw this link on facebook and thought it was worth sharing. As we work towards a healthier self, we should do our best to still live and appreciate the now.

http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed/

THANK YOU for sharing that link. I loved that. I might even print it out and hang it up.

I know I "need" to lose some weight to help w a few health issues, but I am going to work really hard at the attitude she wrote about. It's true and I've never ever looked at it that way. Thank you so much.

Today, I de'cided to hold off on Tower of Terror until 2014. At the moment, I can barely "briskly" walk for 20 minutes without getting pain up my legs. I'm going to continue working out and what not, because I do wanna lose weight before I go to Disney, but at the same time, I realistically know my limits.

How is everyone? :) I have been dealing with a major back flareup and it is unfun. It started after the run (mildly) on Saturday but was made worse by shopping for a new sofa.:confused3 I guess trying out all those sofas on Saturday and Sunday was like doing a bunch of squats. ;) Anyhow, this is getting ridiculous and I have been dealing with this for waaaaaaay longer than I should have, so I finally made an appointment with my doctor to see what she thinks. Thought about just going back to the physical therapist, but I think there might be some underlying cause that is being missed. Mike and I were supposed to start a TRX class at the Y tomorrow night and the cool thing--we were the only one's signed up so it would have been lots of individual attention. Oh well. They are being very kind and refunding our money. I still would love to take the class, but need to find out what' up first.

So forgive my absence. Trying to be positive, but I feel like it is a continuous battle to stay uninjured. And it's tiring. It could always be worse, but it is frustrating.

As for the QOTD--I feel like I have been trying to lose weight my entire life sometimes. I had a mom who told me I was "big" all of the time, so even when I was a very healthy size 8 in high school (and this is when an 8 was much smaller than it is now), I always thought I was fat. So I tried and "failed" and gained and lost too many times to count. At my highest I was in the 190s, probably pushing 200. Conveniently we didn't have a scale that worked well at the time.

This time I am catching it early--and I am still in a healthy range--but I am having trouble with motivation. And--this might sound funny, but I feel like I want to fail on some level because I am feeling so bad about everything right now. DS graduates from college in May and we will see so many people we haven't seen in years, and I feel like I am sabotaging myself at every turn so that I will look bad, since I am already not feeling good about things right now. Does that make any sense at all? Anyhow, throwing it all out there in hopes that it is the kick in the pants that I need to not let this latest injury setback really throw me off my game.

I am headed to the gym for an easy workout. Sometimes moving a bit makes it feel better. :)

Have a good Tuesday!

LTS--I think you asked about Domino's g-f pizza. When it first came out I was excited. I think one of the celiac foundations was supporting it. But then I found out the majority of the stores are doing nothing to avoid cross contamination--so no, I never even tried it. If I am going to get glutened, I would rather it be by choice. :) I think it got good reviews, if I remember correctly.

Rose, first off all...:hug: it does seem like you continue to battle setback after setback. It seems so unfair when you are trying so hard to do everything right (in terms of health). Hopefully the doctor can give some answers. And I think you'll like tomorrow's QOTD. It deals somewhat with the mental and emotional side of this journey we are all on together.

Waaay too many to count! Bu the most serious attempt I had was when I lost 100 lbs between 5/08 and 7/09. I was surpirsed how "easy" it seemed! NOT that it was easy, far from it, but weight loss always seemed like an enigma to me! I could never lose weight! And I didn't understand why... I considered gastric bypass, even started that consultation process, but then it just clicked... Eat less, move more :idea: Unfortunately, as it seems we all do, I stopped being strict, gained back about 20 lbs over the course of a year or so, then gave up altogether and gained back another 60 :scared2: Well, this time I think it is different because I understand what a healthier lifestyle is AND I realy feel committed to making LIFESTYLE changes. This is something I work with clients on and preach all day long at work (different kind of lifestyle obviously, but the same concept!). I FINALLY feel like I actually get it! No more excuses, just do what I know is right in regards to my health, not just NOW to lose weight, but FOREVER to be healthy. And set an example for my kids... I try to instill healthy habits with them, but if I am not practicing them myself, they likely won't either as an adult. This is my life, the only one I get and I better make it good ::yes::

Oh and BTW, did the Biggest Loser card challenge workout last night and convinced DF to join me :) Did squats, fire hydrants, leg raises, and calf raises (which are easy to begin with so I made it a standard 10 every time that suite came up, my calves were on fire at the end). Completed the workout, still had 45 mins of Biggest Loser left to watch (I always workout while watching the show) so I jumped on the treadmill for 25 mins :) It was a good night ::yes::
That sounds like fun....kind of!:lmao: I always used to "save" BL on my DVR and watch it the next day while on the TM...I also watched every season they have on Netflix, in order, on the TM. My rule was I could watch it as much as I wanted, but I had to be walking or running in the TM. So I have seen pretty much every episode!

So glad it has finally clicked for you and you are on this journey for a lifetime of health.

Thanks for the input~more stuff I need to think about. It's a *little* overwhelming! I know my friend in Virginia has to pay taxes on her cars. What? And, it's a lot. By the way, your $4500 tax bill almost made me fall out of my chair

Jillian is huge here for being on The Biggest Loser tv show. I know many people who have tried the 30 Day Shred (not me personally-I am more motivated to work out at the gym than at home) and they love it!

Never thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion. I read over there sometimes & they seem nice.

Hmmm...I've been on my current weight loss plan since last year. I've tried a couple others as an adult, but got real serious when I realized I had gained 20 pounds in the couple years after my second DS. I needed to kick it back into gear and I started slowly last year and am still plugging away.

I tried the Dr. Phil thing before I had my second DS. I lost about 20 pounds and was at the lowest I had been since high school. I'm currently about 5-10 pounds above that & it's the hardest to lose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! It's a quiet day at work today because all of my afternoon classes are at a field trip, so I was finished teaching at 10:10. I am plugging along on the 3 IEPs I have to do within the next two weeks, though, so I really needed this time. Tomorrow I will be on the second day of our field trips (our alternative school is separated and girls are in one building, boys in the other. Boys went today, I will go tomorrow with the girls) at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh. I love that place & the girls are so excited. Most of the kids have never been to a museum and probably will never go again, so it's a ton of fun.

DH and talked last night about moving. It just turned into a disagreement about putting our house up for sale, so we didn't get far :( Maybe I'll try again tonight.

I'm going to miss my class at the gym tonight because DS9 has an eye appointment. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I guess I'll do the elliptical or dvd at home. I wish it was warmer in PA, so I could get outside and move. While I'm at it, I wish I could see some sunshine, too. I guess I left that in Disney last week!

Well, I'm off to get more IEP stuff done. I needed a break and checking in here was great.

Jill

Sorry you and DH were disagreeing about things. I'm sure it is a stressful situation and you are both reacting to the fear of the unknown, etc.

I agree that the last 10 pounds are the HARDEST to lose!

Enjoy your field trip!

Lol.
I'm feeling pretty rotten today too. Got cramps, (miss friend came to town today) have shoulder pain from work, and lower back. Ate and drank way too much last night after coming home from a union meeting where we voted on a new contract which is awesome really but it's always a little nerve wracking whether or not it'll pass because the next step is strike. Our insurance that had gotten messed up last contract got fixed and is back to 85% and we even get a few raises which will result in some back pay--we've been without contract for 22 months. Was upset because my 'friend' didn't work the superbowl-- usually he does and then he's back to Sundays and mondays, so I'm wondering if that's going to happen this year. I only see him 3 days a week now-- as much as I love my job--it's getting to where I hate being there when he's not. Honestly I don't know why I'm still doing this but everytime I even think of moving on-- I get suicidal. So I'm stuck.

Yeah--like many posters here too many times to count. This time-- I don't know, right now I'm feeling extremely disparate. The only thing keeping me going right now is the possibility my new kitty might be knocked up lol. It would be a way for me to have guilt free kittens that won't die...I was looking at her tummy for scars a few nights ago since she was letting me and of course no spay scars. I also noticed her belly seems pretty full and fat for someone who is still so skinny. My husband says he's just been feeding her a lot, but her nipples are kind of big and pink too....I hadn't even thought of that possibility as I really thought cats only went into heat in the warm months but went online and did some research and I guess they go all year if they're indoor cats. And they can go every 2 weeks. At this point I guess we just wait and see-- I think it's a long shot because it is winter, plus I think she might have been in heat when we first got her because she was meowing constantly and trying to escape. But I thought that was just from y'know being moved to a house with so many cats and everything strange. She didn't have any discharge or do the crouching thing though--I don't know. She's settled down quite a bit in the last week and stopped with the escape attempts. Would really love having kittens though without the pain in the rear of every 2 hour round the clock bottlefeedings.
Going to have to be very careful to watch her though and make sure if she already isn't knocked up-- she doesn't get that way. Having her come in with baggage is ok but to allow it to happen on my watch would be extremely irresponsible on my part. I volunteered at enough animal rescues to know there's too many wonderful animals being euthanized or living extremely rough lives to create more. Once you have volunteered and spent time in a euthanasia room-- you spay and neuter.
Well, gonna go get dressed and pack my gym bag. Was going to make tuna helper with some dungeness I got yesterday but I don't think I'll have time(takes me a long time to pick a crab) so it's leftover chicken again tonight I think. I'm certainly not giving up jacuzzi time.

No need to give up jacuzzi time! :thumbsup2

It would be fun to have healthy kittens! If I were closer I'd offer to take one for you when they are ready to go.

Sorry things are not well at work.

So I saw this link on facebook and thought it was worth sharing. As we work towards a healthier self, we should do our best to still live and appreciate the now.

http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed/

Super sweet reality check. I am so guilty of having that mentality...hence, I never got a photo of myself pregnant with DS.:sad1: and I am missing from so many other photos. Obviously now that my weight is more "acceptable" I enjoy being in front of the camera a bit more...or at least I don't run away screaming!;)

Okay...watching the charity swim meet...looks like fun! See you in the a.m.! .........P

Looking for ideas on how to exercise with a broken foot.... proving more difficult than I anticpated. AND... even though I would like to lose another 25 pounds, I have managed to gain 6-8 pounds since the WDW Marathon weekend.

Sigh....

Too many to count. My weight issue started with the college life and the freedom to eat what I wanted...hmm? Still have that problem! I did Jenny Craig after college and lost all my weight. Problems started again after married life and lack of time to keep fit w/ jobs and kids etc. It's been up and down for years now!

Not sure what's different this time. HOnestly probably nothing - I'm feeling pessimistic! :( I want to be thinner/healthier for sure but I feel so addicted to sugar and snacking! I get to feeling good and working out and then another cold/cough kicks in and no more treadmill for a few days then it's hard to get started again.

Sorry - just a pity party going on. I've felt like why bother lately. I was out of commission for 4 months and put on weight over the holidays and it's been so hard getting out of thise funk. I've thoght about going back to Jenny Craig. I liked it mostly, it's easy ad it works but I just HATE cooking a meal for my family and then having to microwave my seperate meal.

I did well w my eating today and limited my snacks - well not totally true. My husband brought home fudge someone gave him for his bday and I ate 2 pieces. PLus my dessert I made for DH bday (Nanaimo bars - if anyone's heard of them). I ate 2 tiny pieces but I wanted more and didn't have more so I'm calling that a win! My main meals were good though.

Terrible sinus pressure and headaches so no workout again :(

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Thanks for the explanation! I never really tried to find out why those Biggest Loser threads had their name... But now I looked it up on Wikipedia and realized that there is a German version of the show. The new series is going to start on Februrary 22nd, so maybe I will have a look at it!

Have a good Tuesday!

So sorry to hear about your back problems!! I recently read something in an article that newest studies say that it seems that back problems might actually be more of a psychological thing than a real physical one. I am not saying this to make your pain sound less true or anything like that. But new research seems to point in a direction that by removing stress and adding care most patients will improve a lot. I know that removing stress is not always an easy thing to do. But perhaps if you could take some time for yourself to make you feel better, it would also help with the back?

And tomorrow morning is DD's absolute LAST morning high school swim practice.... forever!! The 4 am alarm tomorrow will definitely be bittersweet.

TTYL....................P

I hope you were able to soak up every moment!

Sorry - just a pity party going on. I've felt like why bother lately. I was out of commission for 4 months and put on weight over the holidays and it's been so hard getting out of thise funk. I've thoght about going back to Jenny Craig. I liked it mostly, it's easy ad it works but I just HATE cooking a meal for my family and then having to microwave my seperate meal.

I did well w my eating today and limited my snacks - well not totally true. My husband brought home fudge someone gave him for his bday and I ate 2 pieces. PLus my dessert I made for DH bday (Nanaimo bars - if anyone's heard of them). I ate 2 tiny pieces but I wanted more and didn't have more so I'm calling that a win! My main meals were good though.

We all have pitty party days! And I always find that it helps to vent here on the DIS! So please go ahaed, I hope you felt better afterwards! :goodvibes

Pamela--enjoy getting up for that last swim practice.:goodvibes

Thanks....there now.,

Looking for ideas on how to exercise with a broken foot.... proving more difficult than I anticpated. AND... even though I would like to lose another 25 pounds, I have managed to gain 6-8 pounds since the WDW Marathon weekend.

Sigh....

Have you talked you your doctor about what he might allow? I'm thinking of mostly upper body stuff like punches, chest flies, overhead presses, bicep curls, maybe even triceps dips. How about one of those machines that looks like a bicycle for your arms? Bet you could get your heart rate up with that!

For now you should probably concentrate on maintaining until you can get back to a normal activity level.

Too many to count. My weight issue started with the college life and the freedom to eat what I wanted...hmm? Still have that problem! I did Jenny Craig after college and lost all my weight. Problems started again after married life and lack of time to keep fit w/ jobs and kids etc. It's been up and down for years now!

Not sure what's different this time. HOnestly probably nothing - I'm feeling pessimistic! :( I want to be thinner/healthier for sure but I feel so addicted to sugar and snacking! I get to feeling good and working out and then another cold/cough kicks in and no more treadmill for a few days then it's hard to get started again.

Glad you could find a win in your day! And visiting with us is another positive thing in your day!:) :hug:

Good morning all! Here at the last morning practice of the season! And if the weatherman is right, it may be the LAST practice of the season, as Friday afternoon is starting to look snowy! I won't miss the 4am alarms and the cold hectic mornings, but it is sad as it starts to signal the "beginning of the end" of DD's high school days. :sad1:

TM time is done, as is today's plank!:thumbsup2 No work today as I have to take DD for a tech suit fitting in MA today at 3:30.

Off to check on practice and hopefully post the QOTD before we leave here......P

Good Wed morning

I know that I posted something this morning but I don't know where it went to.

Pamela I know that feeling about lasts. When ds was a senior I thought all year about the last band show, the last band dinner, the last musical etc. Try to enjoy all the feelings.

I worked on my plank this morning and my arms are tired. I did miss the last two days but I am back in it for the month.

Have a happy and healthy day.

QOTD for Wed., February 6, 2013

Today's question is inspired by "Made To Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.

We've talked before about the good feeling of being "in control" when we are eating the way we know we should and getting enough exercise. But have you ever thought about WHY the in control feeling is so good? I think because it brings us PEACE! And to quote from the referenced book......

"Nothing tastes as good as PEACE feels."

Think about this today. Is your struggle with your weight not allowing you to have peace in your life? Could you find a way to get peace in your life REGARDLESS of your weight? Think about it. Remember...the number on the scale does NOT measure your worth as a person. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter