WISH Away the Pounds -- Fantastic February Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

Hey all! No time to read right now. I didn't get called to work so I want to take the opportunity to head to Maine to visit a possible vacation rental for this summer (before we get big snow in the next few days!).

I should be home by mid-afternoon and will check in with you all then.

QOTD for Thursday, February 7, 2013:

How far away is SPRING for your area of the world/country? Do you enjoy spring? Do you believe that SAD (Season Affective Disorder) truly exists? Do you feel down in the winter and better in the spring and summer? (Okay... I know that is more like 4 questions! ;) )

Hey all! No time to read right now. I didn't get called to work so I want to take the opportunity to head to Maine to visit a possible vacation rental for this summer (before we get big snow in the next few days!).

How far away is SPRING for your area of the world/country? Do you enjoy spring? Do you believe that SAD (Season Affective Disorder) truly exists? Do you feel down in the winter and better in the spring and summer? (Okay... I know that is more like 4 questions! ;) )

Good morning all and good luck with your road trip!!!

What is spring? Shoot I feel like we hardly have winter here in Missouri anymore (speaking as a horticulturist). I have been putting my houseplants outside everyday this week.

My bulbs tried to come up a few weeks ago and then FROZE.:headache:

As far as SAD, oh yea, it is REAL. When we lived in DFW, I took in everyday of that wonderful "winter" bliss.

Here I make sure to get outside even if it is cold to play with the dogs and get in my "sunshine". I think the remedy is 15 mins. a day of "sun in your eyes" or something like that.

That being said, I love all seasons. :goodvibes

We will have spring like temps today (62), but our weather is all over the place. Tornadoes early last week, and highs in the 20s later that same week. We will still have some really cold temps for the next two months, but they will be mixed in with some warmer days, so starting mid--late February winter starts getting tolerable around here. Our crocuses are up already. :) I absolutely believe in SAD. It is very grey here in the winter. I have been taking vitamin d every day for the last week and it has made a huge difference. :goodvibes I enjoy spring if only for the reason that it means summer is around the corner! :)

Good morning everyone!

Spring seems like it's a million miles away for us... usually I mark April as the beginning of Spring. I love Spring. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons (and unfortunately the ones that are the shortest). We get brutally hot and humid summers, and we get brutally cold winters, so I love the pants and sweater Spring/Fall weather. I definitely believe that SAD exists. My DH suffers from it more than me but I feel it as well. This winter has been especially difficult as on a good day it's -3 and we have had a couple of weeks of cold snaps as low as -22. On those days I can't even go outside because I don't want to take my 4 month old from the house to the car! The warmer seasons are much better as we can go out whenever we want with the kids and actually move and do things!

I hit a minor speed bump last night as I was laying in bed. It was one of those days where I just couldn't stop eating! (but I still logged everything and was well within my points... the advantages of not having junk food in the house!). I was just feeling down about how long this weight is going to take to come off. I know it's a lifestyle change, and I will be living like this forever and honestly I'm happy with that because I've been feeling great lately with all the changes I've made, but it just seems like such a long journey. But I tried to remind myself that I'm already down 13 pounds, which is great, and since I took 28 years to put on all this weight, I can at least give myself a year or 2 to take it all off!! I'm feeling better this morning and am glad that I was able to turn my thoughts around because normally I'm a dweller and I don't bother trying to make things look positive.

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

550054_473963125999299_5818164_n.jpg

Spring? Oh yeah, I think that's the five days we have between summer and...summer and... summer!:lmao: It's all good though as my DH says I'm a reptile as I love, love, LOVE the heat.:yay:

I absolutely believe SAD is a real thing. I know when I lived in CT, I was miserable from about November to March. I couldn't ski, hated the cold, and never wanted to get out from under my electric blanket. At least when I got my first dog, I had no choice but to go outside everyday. And since she always seemed to have so much fun in the snow, it made it more bearable for mommy.:love:

pjlla said:

I'm in Texas and we don't really have seasons. It's either really really hot or pretty nice w a couple weeks of dealing w these things you people call coats! :). I have pics of my kids w shorts on w the ice cream truck in January! We're in the 70's this week but will cool down to a chilly 50 next week. My hubby wants to move to eastern Canada but I'm not ready for real winters! I grew up up north and do miss the long fall season.

Well I did my first day yesterday soda free!!! Thanks for the encouragement. I got my favorite red tea Rooibos and made a pitcher. It has such I nice light vanilla taste. Lets see how today goes. Well be going out to dinner tonight so that's when I cave but I told my kids to hold me to it and you know they like to catch you when you do something "wrong"

Off to the treadmill! And then a plank. I did 2 30sec sets yesterday.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

quotd---peace. Yeah I actually thought about this when I went to an OA meeting here. I was trying to explain how I over eat constantly and then exercise to make up for it--.

If you do not have a food scale, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just got the "Biggest Loser" food scale and let me tell you it has change my portion controls.

Let's just say my dh was eating about 10 portions of pasta at least at a sitting. Which is not hard to do believe me.

Also with snacks. When I do "have treat" I can measure it out, it helps.

Example....I made tacos the other day and I measured out beforehand how much meat and cheese we could have. We had to spread it out over our tacos.

I love love love love cheese however the sat fat & sodium in it adds up fast. Did I say I love cheese?;)

Anyway, just thought I would share my adventures with my food scale & how it is helping me.:)

Oh and to address the diet soda issue, I did switch from reg. to diet but I treat that poisionous swill like a treat.......even though I hate it. But knowing that I can have a diet soda if I NEED soda helps me stay off the regular, which I was addicted to. Caffeine Free Coke.

Flat or on toes? Arms up or down?

I've traditionally done them on flat feet... arms up or down, depending on? I'm thinking of starting with 2 minutes, arms down, flat feet, and working my way from there. (That is, assuming I can even START at 2 minutes!:lmao:)

DS16 is taking his XC/track coaches sports science/kinesiology class and coach challenged a football player to wall sits. Coach is teaching class for a good 5 minutes in a toe only wall sit and the footballer was dying. Footballer can bench press 280 but can't do a wall sit, they all learned a valuable lesson about the difference between strength and endurance.
I see a lot of teaching assistance in DS16's future in that class because Coach likes to do hands on stuff and 99% of the stuf DS can do.

That sounds great! And those dang beefy football types think they are all that, but I think that the slimmer runners, tennis players, etc and such are in so much better shape!

got my planks in every day so far. Last 2 days were only 1:01 though. Last few days have been crap eating too. But today I turned it around. good food, DS16 and I went for a 2 mile run outside today, I was slow due to DD's whining but we got through it.
I also did 2 more miles on the treadmill, really liking to Jeff Galloway 5K app.
Still need to go do my plank.

I really hope the scale is kind to me this weekend, so far it's been all over the place.

Fingers crossed for the scale for BOTH of us this weekend! I've been getting in my planks, sometimes two a day, but can't get past 1:20.

I am already thinking about possible QOTD... Not easy to come up with good ones that can spark discussion!

There is a QOTD archive you can use if you don't mind repeating old questions. But there are so many new folks here, I'm sure they would be "new" questions to many!

That sounds delicious! When I used to live in Berlin there was a lunch place with that concept. I got lunch there very often because it was so easy to get a healthy lunch. Loved the variety I could get. When I make stirfry for myself it seems ridiculous to buy many different vegetables and then only use a tiny amount of each...

I found out that I really like tofu, but I have never been able to make it myself in a way that I really enjoyed. Does anyone have a good recipe they can share? Maybe I ought to look at the recipe thread....

Hope everyone has a great start for their days! I already had my lunch - once again a salad from the cafeteria. Seems to be my staple these days...

We should ALL be eating greens every day, so nothing wrong with a salad a day!

I do love this grocery store that does this stirfry.... but I get frustrated because I KNOW I could make it cheaper at home. That being said, when I am hustling around, in a pinch, etc, this is such a wonderfully healthy filling meal!

Spring is MANY weeks away here in NH. I don't even consider thinking about SPRING until at least the very end of March.... but we often don't have many signs of spring until mid-April. Sometimes Mother Nature surprises us and we have an early spring at the end of March... but not always. In fact, we've had snow in May before. :sad2:

Yes, I do believe that the darker and shorter days definitely affects people. I know that I just feel BETTER when spring starts! I always attributed it to the weather warming and the budding trees, but it is probably that I am getting more SUNSHINE! I never really notice myself feeling "bad" in the winter.... but that HAPPY feeling I get on the first warm sunny day of spring makes me realize that I have been in a funk!

Glad I took the time to drive up to the potential vacation home. The one I really went up to see was a definite NO GO for us.... but we had another nearby that we were considering, so I stopped by and peeked into the windows.

My aunt and uncle had rented this other place many times in the past, but hadn't been there recently and it had had a slight renovation recently. Sleeping situation won't be ideal, but the cottage is CLEAN and bright and in good repair and we will definitely be able to make the best of it.

The cottage I had originally gone up to see was icky.... I can handle "campy" but this place was just plain old DIRTY and in bad disrepair. I think that the woman who owns it doesn't have the time/energy/money to keep it up properly. And she seems just a bit clueless. I texted her while I was there to let her know that there were 2 windows left open (although the heat was off and the place was shut down for the winter). We have a MAJOR snow storm coming into the area in the next 48 hours. She replied and said she knew that the windows were open, that she wanted the place to be ventilated over the winter. :eek: I don't think that you need TWO fully opened windows in the middle of a storm to get VENTILATION! She will get a lot of SNOW inside along with the ventilation! Oh well... not really my business. She lives in RI, so I know she won't be stopping by tonight to close the windows.

But it was a long morning with lots of driving (which you would think I would be used to by now). I have to go out again in an hour to get the kids from school and then I will be home for about 15 minutes before heading out again for DD's chiropractic appointment and tonight's swim practice.

Off to finish my lunch! TTYL if I can get on the wi-fi at the Y after my workout.................P

What is spring? Shoot I feel like we hardly have winter here in Missouri anymore (speaking as a horticulturist). I have been putting my houseplants outside everyday this week.

My bulbs tried to come up a few weeks ago and then FROZE.:headache:

As far as SAD, oh yea, it is REAL. When we lived in DFW, I took in everyday of that wonderful "winter" bliss.

Here I make sure to get outside even if it is cold to play with the dogs and get in my "sunshine". I think the remedy is 15 mins. a day of "sun in your eyes" or something like that.

That being said, I love all seasons. :goodvibes

I know that some people claims that getting at least 15-20 minutes of full sunshine every day is helpful.... but sometimes we go days and day without bright sun around here! I guess that is what they sell those light boxes for!

We will have spring like temps today (62), but our weather is all over the place. Tornadoes early last week, and highs in the 20s later that same week. We will still have some really cold temps for the next two months, but they will be mixed in with some warmer days, so starting mid--late February winter starts getting tolerable around here. Our crocuses are up already. :) I absolutely believe in SAD. It is very grey here in the winter. I have been taking vitamin d every day for the last week and it has made a huge difference. :goodvibes I enjoy spring if only for the reason that it means summer is around the corner! :)

Those are crazy weather changes!

Thanks for mentioning the Vitamin D. I meant to, but forgot in my rush this morning. EVERYONE should take Vitamin D every day... but most especially those in cold, snowy climates in the winter!

Good morning everyone!
Spring seems like it's a million miles away for us... usually I mark April as the beginning of Spring. I love Spring. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons (and unfortunately the ones that are the shortest). We get brutally hot and humid summers, and we get brutally cold winters, so I love the pants and sweater Spring/Fall weather. I definitely believe that SAD exists. My DH suffers from it more than me but I feel it as well. This winter has been especially difficult as on a good day it's -3 and we have had a couple of weeks of cold snaps as low as -22. On those days I can't even go outside because I don't want to take my 4 month old from the house to the car! The warmer seasons are much better as we can go out whenever we want with the kids and actually move and do things!

I hit a minor speed bump last night as I was laying in bed. It was one of those days where I just couldn't stop eating! (but I still logged everything and was well within my points... the advantages of not having junk food in the house!). I was just feeling down about how long this weight is going to take to come off. I know it's a lifestyle change, and I will be living like this forever and honestly I'm happy with that because I've been feeling great lately with all the changes I've made, but it just seems like such a long journey. But I tried to remind myself that I'm already down 13 pounds, which is great, and since I took 28 years to put on all this weight, I can at least give myself a year or 2 to take it all off!! I'm feeling better this morning and am glad that I was able to turn my thoughts around because normally I'm a dweller and I don't bother trying to make things look positive.

Glad you are feeling better this morning. I can recall times when the weight just didn't seem to want to come off and I felt SO DEPRIVED! I think the trick is to find a way to fit in a HEALTHY treat.... maybe try a new food or new recipe.... something that takes away that feeling of deprivation, but DOES NOT leave you with a sense of guilt.

For me that is often something like peanut butter or low carb chocolate. I HATE the chemicals in the chocolate, but I keep it on hand for occasional cravings and I have to say it is delish. Also things like Vitamuffins and expensive fruits (like berries in the winter) often help.

AMEN!!

Spring? Oh yeah, I think that's the five days we have between summer and...summer and... summer!:lmao: It's all good though as my DH says I'm a reptile as I love, love, LOVE the heat.:yay:

I absolutely believe SAD is a real thing. I know when I lived in CT, I was miserable from about November to March. I couldn't ski, hated the cold, and never wanted to get out from under my electric blanket. At least when I got my first dog, I had no choice but to go outside everyday. And since she always seemed to have so much fun in the snow, it made it more bearable for mommy.:love:

I really despise the winter, despite the fact that I have lived in New England my entire life, so I understand the feeling of wanting to never get out from under the blanket! I used to love those days when the kids were babies and we didn't have to go any where in the bad weather and we could just HIBERNATE here and snuggle up together and play!!

I'm in Texas and we don't really have seasons. It's either really really hot or pretty nice w a couple weeks of dealing w these things you people call coats! :). I have pics of my kids w shorts on w the ice cream truck in January! We're in the 70's this week but will cool down to a chilly 50 next week. My hubby wants to move to eastern Canada but I'm not ready for real winters! I grew up up north and do miss the long fall season.

Well I did my first day yesterday soda free!!! Thanks for the encouragement. I got my favorite red tea Rooibos and made a pitcher. It has such I nice light vanilla taste. Lets see how today goes. Well be going out to dinner tonight so that's when I cave but I told my kids to hold me to it and you know they like to catch you when you do something "wrong"

Bring along your own drink if you want. I often do that, especially if I am going someplace that doesn't have seltzer available. I have yet to have any place tell me I can't.

If you do not have a food scale, I HIGHLY recommend it. I just got the "Biggest Loser" food scale and let me tell you it has change my portion controls.

Let's just say my dh was eating about 10 portions of pasta at least at a sitting. Which is not hard to do believe me.

Also with snacks. When I do "have treat" I can measure it out, it helps.

Example....I made tacos the other day and I measured out beforehand how much meat and cheese we could have. We had to spread it out over our tacos.

I love love love love cheese however the sat fat & sodium in it adds up fast. Did I say I love cheese?;)

Anyway, just thought I would share my adventures with my food scale & how it is helping me.:)

Oh and to address the diet soda issue, I did switch from reg. to diet but I treat that poisionous swill like a treat.......even though I hate it. But knowing that I can have a diet soda if I NEED soda helps me stay off the regular, which I was addicted to. Caffeine Free Coke.

Love, love, love my food scale too! Keeps me HONEST with myself! I prefer to weigh anything that I can, rather than use a measuring cup. And I try to measure in grams.... much more accurate. It seemed like a "luxury" when I first bought it, but now I can't imagine living without it~! And I don't hesitate to put it on the dinner table next to my plate!

Caught up I think! ........................P

QOTD:

Spring here starts around the beginning of March, but I still hate how long it takes to be really nice outside - and we often have bursts of snowfall well into spring. It's not uncommon to have a "white Easter".

I am certain that SAD is indeed happening. I hate the short winter days. In early January sunrise is after 8am and sunset a little after 4pm. Up in Northern Germany the days are even half an hours shorter. And I could not imagine living in Sweden or Norway in the winter. I know plenty of people who suffer from winter - and I can feel it myself. One great thing that I got last winter was a "daylight alarm clock". It is a very light light that gradually starts getting lighter until the alarm kicks in. It really helps me to get out of bed when it is dark outside!

Great to hear that you are getting a benefit out of your food scale! :thumbsup2I remember that I encouraged you getting one.

Is it too late for me to join you?

:welcome: It is never to late to join and to start losing weight!!

Just make sure to read the first two posts of the thread and PM your start weight and your goal for the rest of February to Lisa, our hostess. And then just jump in! :goodvibes

Well--I'm in Oregon--the valley so spring is completely psychotic here. It can change completely in a matter of hours and does. It's also always very late--the crocuses will get frozen or snowed on...and summer doesn't ever kick in until July. We always do have a late fall though. And yeah SAD is prevalent here, I think I've got that under control the last few years with vitamin d plus as much jacuzzi time in the sun as I can get. I always wear sunscreen on my face and don't generally get one side more than 10 minutes. Yesterday I put some mast on and went in the bedroom to read some preventions and had sun on the bed so I laid out naked for about 20 minutes let my back soak up the sun-- it was nice. I'm sure the cats were a little mystified by the whole ordeal...lol.

Woohoo on more peace! Disney prices do seem a bit steep sometimes, but when I start comparing them to other things (like local game of laser tag, a local amusement venue, and the like) and you start realizing what you get for the price, sometimes it doesn't seem so bad!
Yeah we do that too-- figure out the cost on a daily basis--the last time it worked out to 52.50 a day for us so--awesome considering the top of the line entertainment, fireworks, rides, the fact that it's our favorite place in the world...

Had a pretty good day yesterday really. Limited my bedroom cleaning time to an hour and got 3 loads of dishes done during that time too. Just turned on the tv music in both rooms to a big band/jazzy station-- it was nice. Took about 45 minutes to pick the crab but was watching Dr. Oz so also nice. The tuna helper turned out pretty good, was going to add peas but had some broccoli in the fridge that was on it's last legs so added that and a few carrots finely chopped which added some nice color and a bunch of finely chopped garlic. Husband couldn't find the crushed garlic last week at Costco so he got a huge bag of the already peeled garlic which I love but I think I need to get a garlic crusher lol.
Still had the time to use the elliptical and get back to watch The Middle and the rest of the lineup.:)
I'm really enjoying a lineup on my mp3 player right now for the elliptical, it starts with a loong remix of Pink coming up, then black eyed peas time of my life, Kelly Clarkson's what doesn't kill you, 2 remixes of milkshake, Killers, human, Maroon 5 This Love, black eyed peas rock that body, Maroon 5 give a little more, Rick James superfreak, the killers I got a soul, Tommy James Hanky Panky, Killers--when you were young, All american rejects dirty little secret, pitbull/brown international love, etc. that's been getting me through my workouts usually if I don't just put time of my life on repeat--that really gets me going, that and rock that body.

I have to put my 2 bits in quick here-- were all cranky, tired and down-- it is winter, we've been working out a lot, were sore, hungry, and frankly dieting takes a lot out of you energy wise. Don't give up, it is worth it when you face the scale, and those pants start fitting better, and I see a marked difference in my face--you can see my cheekbones and I look prettier....so hang in there and remember you have to reward yourself with some kind of non food item every week you lose.:cheer2:

Spring is hopefully at the end of March...I want to get out camping again. We managed it for St Patricks day last year.

I do believe that SAD exists, because I send patients for lightbox treatment for it. I personally don't feel 'down' in winter, but I definitely feel more lethargic, go to bed earlier etc and am less inclined to 'do'stuff, I'd rather lay in bed and read!

I do more in the summer months because of the longer days, there are plenty of hours left after getting home from work whereas in winter it's get home, eat, go to bed!!!

I'm jumping in a little late this year. I've done the BL challenges beforw, but I guess I got away from the dis when I wasn't actively planning a trip. We arw going on a 4 night cruise on the Dream next Jan, plus I have a 20 yr high school reunion coming up this summer, so I'm jumping back in for some support!

We are doing a family wt loss competition that we started on Jan 1. We are all doing pretty good so far, but I'm definitely in need of some extra motivation.

pjlla said:

I definitely believe that SAD exists because I suffer from it. We have had some pretty mild temps this winter and last, but that doesn't help the lack of daylight. I try to walk the dogs when it's not too cold out so I'm at least getting some sun. I work night shift, so a lot of times when we do have a nice sunny day I totally miss out because I have to sleep. In about 6 more weeks the kids should start having outdoor softball practices, so then I'll sit outside for a couple hours and read a book (or the dis) while I soak up some rays.

Pamela, thank you so much for coaching this week and getting us off to a great start! :thanks:

And a big, WATP welcome to our new coach starting tomorrow, Magdalene! :flower3:

I'm all ready for your weigh ins tomorrow! :jumping1:

It is very helpful if you can please put the words "Weigh in 2/8" and your number in the subject of your PMs. For example, "Weigh in 2/8 149". This makes it easy for me to double check your numbers, and of course, I will still reply to you so you know I received your PM. :goodvibes

Good luck tomorrow to all of us!

BRB with some replies.

I am 100% sure that I am going to have a gain this week....but remembering what my friend Kathy always says, I am not giving up. I did not eat well this week, BUT I did make a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. :goodvibes So hoping to soon have some help dealing with the back issues. I am still getting in my mile a day, which I am proud of. Just doing the best I can, and trying hard to be good with that for now.:goodvibes

Thank you Pamela for coaching this week. :)

Hey, I am a lawyer, too! :goodvibes

Interesting! I know nothing about the German legal system -- I'm sure you never know what kind of day you will have either. ;) My DH is a lawyer, too. You do not want to get in an argument at our house . . .:rotfl2:

I feel more at peace now than I have in a long time. I feel in control and bette about my choices. The decision to lose weight has been so amazing for me.

That being said, hotel an airfare are booked for Disneyland. All that separates us is 18 pounds. Sad though that the most expensive part of the trip are the tickets.

Woo hoo on a Disney trip in your future! :woohoo: I am so glad that you are at peace -- it will help you in all phases of your life. :hippie:

I really hope the scale is kind to me this weekend, so far it's been all over the place.

Sending you oodles of pixiedust: It's just a matter of time, Buffy!

I found out that I really like tofu, but I have never been able to make it myself in a way that I really enjoyed. Does anyone have a good recipe they can share? Maybe I ought to look at the recipe thread....

Tofu is so yummy! :love: Here is a link to a really easy baked tofu that is easy to fix and very tasty. http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/the-perfect-baked-tofu It's from a website called healthytippingpoint.com and I found it totally by accident when I was doing a search one day.

Pamela, sorry that the house was a bust in Maine. I'm glad that you were able to get back home before the big storm. Sounds like you have a good prospect, too. A day at the beach is sounding pretty good right now! :beach:

How far away is SPRING for your area of the world/country? Do you enjoy spring? Do you believe that SAD (Season Affective Disorder) truly exists? Do you feel down in the winter and better in the spring and summer? (Okay... I know that is more like 4 questions! )

You call this a fun question?!? ;) Just kidding. It is a great question. :sunny: I absolutely think SAD really exists. I take vitamin D regularly, too. That was one of the hardest things for me to get used to living here in the Pacific Northwest -- the lack of sun is tough on this Anaheim girl. Summer will start in June here.

My bulbs tried to come up a few weeks ago and then FROZE.

That is a bummer about your bulbs. :flower3: Hope they come back.

Sorry for the bump in the road. :hug: Hang in there!

Spring? Oh yeah, I think that's the five days we have between summer and...summer and... summer! It's all good though as my DH says I'm a reptile as I love, love, LOVE the heat.

You live in the right place for sure! :sunny:

Congrats on the soda free day and the planks! :yay:

Is it too late for me to join you?

Nope, never too late to join us! :flower3: I see Magdalene already gave you the scoop.

I have to put my 2 bits in quick here-- were all cranky, tired and down-- it is winter, we've been working out a lot, were sore, hungry, and frankly dieting takes a lot out of you energy wise. Don't give up, it is worth it when you face the scale, and those pants start fitting better, and I see a marked difference in my face--you can see my cheekbones and I look prettier....so hang in there and remember you have to reward yourself with some kind of non food item every week you lose.:cheer2:

Thanks for the great reminder, Susan! :thanks:

Spring is hopefully at the end of March...I want to get out camping again. We managed it for St Patricks day last year.

I do believe that SAD exists, because I send patients for lightbox treatment for it. I personally don't feel 'down' in winter, but I definitely feel more lethargic, go to bed earlier etc and am less inclined to 'do'stuff, I'd rather lay in bed and read!

I do more in the summer months because of the longer days, there are plenty of hours left after getting home from work whereas in winter it's get home, eat, go to bed!!!

Here's to an early spring! ::yes::

I'm jumping in a little late this year. I've done the BL challenges beforw, but I guess I got away from the dis when I wasn't actively planning a trip. We arw going on a 4 night cruise on the Dream next Jan, plus I have a 20 yr high school reunion coming up this summer, so I'm jumping back in for some support!

We are doing a family wt loss competition that we started on Jan 1. We are all doing pretty good so far, but I'm definitely in need of some extra motivation.

:welcome: and thanks for sending me your PM.

I am 100% sure that I am going to have a gain this week....but remembering what my friend Kathy always says, I am not giving up. I did not eat well this week, BUT I did make a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. So hoping to soon have some help dealing with the back issues. I am still getting in my mile a day, which I am proud of. Just doing the best I can, and trying hard to be good with that for now.

Thank you Pamela for coaching this week.

Hope you get some good news and help from the doctor tomorrow, Rose. :flower3:

I had a 3.6 gain at WW today. :faint: I still had 20 weekly points so I am just believing that my body decided to hold onto weight this week and that next week it will be gone as fast as it appeared. Boy, it is so frustrating, though. :furious:

I'm counting on all your wonderful PMs tomorrow to help me get my happy back. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!