WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

Good morning all! :goodvibes:

A friendly reminder that today is weigh in day. Please send your PMs to araes2102 so she can update our colors. :rainbow:

musicmulan.jpg

I'm never gonna catch my breath
Say goodbye to those who knew me
Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym
This guy's got them scared to death
Hope he doesn't see right through me
Now I really wish that I knew how to swim

BE A MAN
We must be swift as a coursing river
BE A MAN
With all the force of a great typhoon
BE A MAN
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Time is racing toward us
'til the Huns arrive.
Heed my every order
And you might survive.

Sometimes you need some help in your training for survival in today's busy world so I am going to share this link to an article from active.com called

The 15 Best Fitness Apps for 2014

Want to lose weight? Boost your endurance? Get the download on the best fitness apps. From fitness games and competitions to workouts and meditation tactics, these iPhone apps will offer the support, motivation and challenges you need to stay on top of your health and achieve your fitness goals.

This articles features apps like Virtual Run, Zombie Runner, and Couch to 5k.

http://www.active.com/fitness/Artic...68&lyrisid=42882260&email=lisah0711@yahoo.com

QOTD Friday, February 7, 2014: Do you have a favorite fitness app? Or a favorite piece of fitness equipment like your high tech shoes, dry wick clothes or sparkly headband?

I am sort of technologically challenged so no fancy devices for Ma Kettle here. I do love my mp3 player though-it's little and clips on--a san disk.
I'm really glad to hear you had an awesome trip Loves to scrap--you really lucked out with the snow days.

We are having a completely unreal winter for snow here--we NEVER get this much and it never sticks more than a day. I'm loving it of course but travel is difficult--lots of accidents around town no one has chains or knows how dangerous it is to drive. Went for a walk yesterday for exercise and came across several hundred military tanks and vehicles sitting on the railroad. Was pretty cool, I got lots of pics. Looking forward to the Olympics tonight...I love the opening ceremonies.

Hello everyone! It's Friday night and boy what a week it's been. I had a lot of staff issues to deal with. When interpersonal issues arise amongst them it can be very stressful and I'm a stress eater. I paid close attention to how I was feeling and managed to stay OP. On Wednesday one of my employees made a german chocolate cake which looked fabulous and today someone brought in a mango mouse cake from my favorite bakery. Talk about temptation! But hey, I made it through.

So now to get down to the bottom line - I lost 2.5 pounds. Not bad, that means I've already reached 50% of my goal. Hopefully next week brings equal success.:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

One advice of what not to do: Don't go for a run and trip over the pavement.

That's what I did for Friday evening entertainment yesterday. Luckily it was when I just started out, so I was home quickly. However, once home I discovered a nasty wound on my knee under the running pants. So spent the evening in the ER getting four stitches and an x-ray. Nothing broken, just the wound. But it is close to the bursa (? That's what the dictionary says, the literal translation for the German word for it would be slime bag) and that can easily get infected. So I got antibiotics to take and need to go back in today for a check-up. Of course any exercise is rather out of the picture for now...

That's what I did for Friday evening entertainment yesterday. Luckily it was when I just started out, so I was home quickly. However, once home I discovered a nasty wound on my knee under the running pants. So spent the evening in the ER getting four stitches and an x-ray. Nothing broken, just the wound. But it is close to the bursa (? That's what the dictionary says, the literal translation for the German word for it would be slime bag) and that can easily get infected. So I got antibiotics to take and need to go back in today for a check-up. Of course any exercise is rather out of the picture for now...

Oh no, no, no!! Sorry about your injury! And YES, 'bursa' is the right word. Take care of that boo-boo!

Hello everyone! It's Friday night and boy what a week it's been. I had a lot of staff issues to deal with. When interpersonal issues arise amongst them it can be very stressful and I'm a stress eater. I paid close attention to how I was feeling and managed to stay OP. On Wednesday one of my employees made a german chocolate cake which looked fabulous and today someone brought in a mango mouse cake from my favorite bakery. Talk about temptation! But hey, I made it through.

So now to get down to the bottom line - I lost 2.5 pounds. Not bad, that means I've already reached 50% of my goal. Hopefully next week brings equal success.:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Wonderful job resisting the temptations and on the weight loss!

I am sort of technologically challenged so no fancy devices for Ma Kettle here. I do love my mp3 player though-it's little and clips on--a san disk.
I'm really glad to hear you had an awesome trip Loves to scrap--you really lucked out with the snow days.

We are having a completely unreal winter for snow here--we NEVER get this much and it never sticks more than a day. I'm loving it of course but travel is difficult--lots of accidents around town no one has chains or knows how dangerous it is to drive. Went for a walk yesterday for exercise and came across several hundred military tanks and vehicles sitting on the railroad. Was pretty cool, I got lots of pics. Looking forward to the Olympics tonight...I love the opening ceremonies.

You are WELCOME to the snow, ice, and all of the winter weather you want... you can come take mine! :lmao:

:wave2:
Got back from Disney last Sunday and haven't had a chance to check in. We had a great trip-- left a day early because school was canceled the day before we were supposed to leave. Then while we were in Disney school was canceled for 3 of the 4 days we missing! Kids missed only missed 1 half day of school and I got my 3 personal days back! A 10 day vacation with only one personal day used. :cool1: And because we had all of these snow days during midterm exams they decided that all midterms would only count if it raised the semester grade. So the pressure to do well on the exams they ended up missing because of the snow days was gone.

Weather was cool and rainy overall. We had a few nice days and one that was really :cold: . But that made the parks even less crowded than they normally are this time of year and we pretty much walked on to every ride. We did everything at Disney and Universal-- 6 parks in 7 days, so we are still trying to catch up on our sleep.

We had the Free Dining plan for our trip so I ate, and ate, and ate. The best thing I had all week was the Cappuccino Cupcake for dessert at DHS Pizza Planet. As I expected, I gained 10 pounds! But I am okay with that, am back on plan and have already lost at least 3 of those. I will officially weigh in on Sunday and send that in.

Of course the payback for all of those snow days was determined today. Fortunately no Saturday School like some of the districts around us. But we do lose all the rest of our 1/2 days for the year and all other days off other than Spring Break.

Hope everyone is having a great February! Hopefully I can check back this weekend. Will probably be watching Olympics all weekend and hopefully finally getting all of my Christmas decorations packed up and put away! :blush:

WOWAZA!! The weather gods really set you up!! Hope the trip was fantastic! I don't mind the cooler weather at Disney (we've been twice in January)... but when you need a winter jacket and gloves to watch Illuminations... well, that is just TOO COLD for Florida!

I weighed in and went to a meeting yesterday. I had missed two weeks because of weather. I was up from the last time I went, but own from when I weighed myself at home, so I am on my way to my goal!

Great!!

Morning all! I"m up and moving along with laundry, dishes, etc. The men left about an hour ago for robotics. DS's girlfriend is coming home with them later, so I do need to get some basic cleaning done here and and a bit of picking up, but nothing drastic. Lunch will be easy and dinner is also easy (grilled sirloin tips, potatoes for the teens, steamed broccoli, salad). So the day should move along quickly and smoothly.

I'll be around to pop on and see how everyone is doing..................P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

b0a29ce6f15bbf08_frozen_let_it_go.jpg.xxlarge.jpg

It’s funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can’t get to me at all

It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You’ll never see me cry

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back,
The past is in the past

Our discussion about turning off our minds inspired today's topic of relaxation :hippie: (with a little help from sparkpeople.com of course ;))

People are busier than ever in today’s fast and furious lifestyle. This constant stress can have a negative impact on your health, contributing to ailments like insomnia, emotional overeating and high blood pressure. Unless you’re lucky enough to be able to escape to a tropical island at the drop of a hat, learning how to deal with stress in a positive way is more important than ever. Instead of reaching for chocolate the next time you feel your shoulders creeping up to your ears with tension, try one (or all!) of the following relaxation techniques:

Deep breathing, an easy and convenient way to relax, it is the core of many other relaxation techniques. You can practice deep breathing anywhere. Simply take ten deep breaths, lifting your chest to fill your lungs completely and then exhaling all the way. Each breath will relax your body a little bit more and you will feel the tension seep out of your muscles.

Progressive muscular relaxation (PMR) helps release muscle tension. Your muscles tighten as one of the first signs of stress and can become a real pain in the neck (or lower back). But this pain doesn't have to be a way of life. PRM is simple yet effective at reducing pain and enhancing relaxation. Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Start by tightening a group of muscles, such as your fists, as much as possible. Hold this tension for a few seconds and then relax the muscles. Once your muscles are relaxed, consciously soften them even further in order to be as relaxed as possible.

Mental imagery, or the picture in your mind's eye, can help you regroup and relax. Picture an idyllic and peaceful scene, such as a meadow or a beach, and use all of your senses. Do you smell jasmine in the air? Can you hear the birds singing and feel the light breeze on your skin? Your body can’t tell the difference between a thought and a real event, so bring your peaceful scene to mind the next time you’re feeling anxious. This "mini vacation" will help you feel refreshed, as if you’d really visited to a tropical paradise.

Meditation is the conscious act of focusing on one thought, object, or word. This deliberate focus occupies your mind and diverts your attention away from the problems that are causing you stress. Many people who meditate claim that it helps boost their creativity and ability to solve problems by allowing subconscious thoughts to arise to conscious awareness. But meditation isn’t far out or mystical. Like deep breathing, you can do it anywhere and without specialized training.

Relaxing music and sounds can help you clear your mind after a busy day. Whether you listen to tapes, CDs, MP3 downloads or Podcasts, you can find a recording that will help you fall asleep easier, meditate, beat stress, and more. Many stores sell relaxation CDs, which may contain music, nature sounds, or guided meditations.

Here is a link to the entire article is you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=779

QOTD Saturday, February 8th and Sunday, February 9th, 2014: What is your favorite way to reduce stress? Or if you are still working on that is there one of these ideas that you would like to try?

BBL with replies and my own answer.

QOTD Saturday, February 8th and Sunday, February 9th, 2014: What is your favorite way to reduce stress? Or if you are still working on that is there one of these ideas that you would like to try?

I am bad at this. But I have been trying to do 8 Minute Meditation (it's a book) and on the days I do it, it really helps. And overall it has really helped me to just breathe a little more. I love to workout and I am actually starting to even relax a little in yoga instead of just watch the clock. And this might sound counter productive--but I like to cook--good healthy food. So it is a both relaxing and good for me!

Sorry to be mia. I am just going to jump in from here. Thursday was Mike's birthday. The dog has been having some issues (she's pushing 16 so she is just old at this point) and I have the worst gluten stomach that I have had in so long. My fault. I ate oikos dip with chips (ok there was my first mistake, to buy chips) and even though it had no gluten ingredients listed, it did have the ambiguous flavorings (or something stupid like that) and no allergy label. I ate it on Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday at work I was having trouble talking. Yesterday I was feeling icky in the stomach. And today I look pregnant. Oh well. Usually this is good for my weight loss since I don't want to eat anything. :thumbsup2 I just don't understand why these big companies won't put on the allergy label. As soon as I googled it this morning the first thing that popped up said our dips are not gluten free. Ugh. Oh well, that is it for me and dannon.

Despite this, I am down 1.6 for the week which I am pretty happy about!

Anyhow, jumping back in and plan to be a better participant this weekend.:goodvibes

To get away from all this yucky weather, DSs and I fake plan vacations. We decide where we want to go and look at planning it. We've pretend planned a few cruises, WDW, DL, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Cozumel, and Ireland. The problem is that now it's making me want to book a summer vacation! We decided to not do a big trip this year because of DH's student loans, so I am sad about that. I'm hoping to do a weekend trip within a couple hours drive to satisfy my traveling dreams.

Dreaming of travelling to warmer places sounds wonderful when you are snowed in, Jill. :beach:

I hope the state does forgive a few of your days so you aren't teaching still when you are getting ready to celebrate July 4th! ;)

QOTD Friday, February 7, 2014: Do you have a favorite fitness app? Or a favorite piece of fitness equipment like your high tech shoes, dry wick clothes or sparkly headband?

I really love RunKeeper on my phone. It lets me program any of the crazy run/walk intervals that I need and play the music that I want all while keeping track of my pace. It does suck the life out of my phone battery though. Another favorite app is the etools on WW -- they are a lifesaver. Last, but not least, I love the White Noise app that I have on my Kindle. I play sounds for about half an hour as I fall asleep and it helps to turn off the monkey brain. :hippie:

But today will be a better day. Sent in my weigh-in number, and I surprised myself with how much I've lost. My decision to cut out desserts was a good one, and I just broke through a number wall I had been unable to get through previously.

Congratulations on your great start this month! :yay: You are very determined and I predict a great month for you. ::yes::

RunKeeper will let you track your TM workouts. I think myfitnesspal lets you log workouts, too, if that is what you are using. One of our MFP experts will hopefully chime in on this one.

I'm officially at the lowest weight that I was when I tried to lose weight last year - so everything after this is new and fresh for my body! By new and fresh, I mean since 8 years ago! I'm excited to see the changes in my body as I continue on this journey! It was always such a hassle just to make it this far, now that I'm here, with a better routine in place, I have nothing but anticipation for the future!

Congratulations on your great loss and your 8 year low! :woohoo: There's no stopping you now! ::yes::

Well I am new to the fitness part. so I guess I don't have a favorite yet.. but I do love the WW journals for keeping track for points, carbs, activity and water..

My first weigh in with WW is tomorrow so I'll send mine in on Monday am.. good luck to everyone this week..

Oh tiny brag during my 18 min mile walk on the treadmill yesterday in the gym I actually ran 1/4 of that mile.. I have NEVER run on the treadmill (or anyplace else for that matter) so pretty impressed with myself.. I'll keep pusing it further each time just see what I can actually do..

:woohoo: on your TM walk and pixiedust: for a good WI at WW!

I sent in my weight for today. I lost 2 pounds since Tuesday. I am pretty happy with that since I just started and haven't really changed my eating habits. I plan to walk on the treadmill tonight. I have an appt next Tuesday to tour a gym and meet with a personal trainer. If I like what I see I will sign up and plan to go to the gym 3 days a week and meet with trainer on one of those days. DH and I are going on a cruise to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in June and I have a goal I would like to meet.

:woohoo: another great weigh in! It will be interesting to see what kind of things the trainer has you doing. :cool2: And a cruise will be fabulous!

wow I worked out everyday last week and only lost .2 pounds! My eating was not great so at least it didn't go up and I'm totally pms'ing right now and trying to avoid thinking about McD's I hate the thought of eating that junk except for 1 day a month

I'm trying to get more focused. I've been seeming to be like "i'll get back at it tomorrow" but that doesn't work when you say that everyday.

I did start watching BL second chances on Hulu while i'm on the treadmill and seems to get me more motivated to see other people going through the struggles. I've started logging my food the last 2 days to get focused too. Kind of a reality check when you see yourself reaching close to the end of your calorie allotment by late afternoon!

As far as the QOTD I asked this question on the main page last week and got no responses. I did find an app called Fitness Trainer. I haven't played with it much but it list tons of exercises by body part you want to work on and I think you can choose the ones you like and make your own program. I need to play with it more.

Other than that I just log my weight on an app called TargetWeight.

Here's to staying focused!!

You can do it! :yay: Sorry about the disappointing weigh in but I bet a whoosh is in your future very soon. :flower3:

I weighed in and went to a meeting yesterday. I had missed two weeks because of weather. I was up from the last time I went, but own from when I weighed myself at home, so I am on my way to my goal!

Congrats on being down at home -- that WW scale will catch up soon! ::yes::

Got back from Disney last Sunday and haven't had a chance to check in. We had a great trip-- left a day early because school was canceled the day before we were supposed to leave. Then while we were in Disney school was canceled for 3 of the 4 days we missing! Kids missed only missed 1 half day of school and I got my 3 personal days back! A 10 day vacation with only one personal day used. And because we had all of these snow days during midterm exams they decided that all midterms would only count if it raised the semester grade. So the pressure to do well on the exams they ended up missing because of the snow days was gone.

:woohoo: on a great vacation and how the school days worked out. I bet at least half of that gain is from travel and will be quickly gone. You can do it! :cheer2:

Amazing how much snow you got in your neck of the woods, Susan. I'm sending you warm thoughts! :beach:

So now to get down to the bottom line - I lost 2.5 pounds. Not bad, that means I've already reached 50% of my goal. Hopefully next week brings equal success.

Sorry for your hectic week but kudos on your great success! :yay:

So glad that you are okay, Magdalene! :flower3: Give yourself plenty of time to heal.

The Baker's cyst I had in the fall was related to the bursa -- my doctor called the fluid "the snot of the knee" so you are spot on in your translation. :rotfl:

Morning all! I"m up and moving along with laundry, dishes, etc. The men left about an hour ago for robotics. DS's girlfriend is coming home with them later, so I do need to get some basic cleaning done here and and a bit of picking up, but nothing drastic. Lunch will be easy and dinner is also easy (grilled sirloin tips, potatoes for the teens, steamed broccoli, salad). So the day should move along quickly and smoothly.

Enjoy your Saturday, Pamela, maybe some time at the scapping table is on tap for you! :thumbsup2

I have a terrible time turning my mind off, too. I can't just watch my thoughts float by and let them go -- I have to fret and stew over them for awhile. :lmao: But I do have good success with breathing techniques -- it occupies my brain so those little thoughts don't float through. And music is a big help as well getting me to the here and now. It is a struggle and I'm glad I'm not the only one. :hippie:

I was down .8 at WW so that puts me at 20% of my goal for the month. :cool2:

And I am totally, totally happy to have my last long run behind me for the Princess -- 14 miles on the indoor track yesterday. princess:

Don't forget to PM those weigh ins if you haven't already!

I am bad at this. But I have been trying to do 8 Minute Meditation (it's a book) and on the days I do it, it really helps. And overall it has really helped me to just breathe a little more. I love to workout and I am actually starting to even relax a little in yoga instead of just watch the clock. And this might sound counter productive--but I like to cook--good healthy food. So it is a both relaxing and good for me!

Sorry to be mia. I am just going to jump in from here. Thursday was Mike's birthday. The dog has been having some issues (she's pushing 16 so she is just old at this point) and I have the worst gluten stomach that I have had in so long. My fault. I ate oikos dip with chips (ok there was my first mistake, to buy chips) and even though it had no gluten ingredients listed, it did have the ambiguous flavorings (or something stupid like that) and no allergy label. I ate it on Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday at work I was having trouble talking. Yesterday I was feeling icky in the stomach. And today I look pregnant. Oh well. Usually this is good for my weight loss since I don't want to eat anything. :thumbsup2 I just don't understand why these big companies won't put on the allergy label. As soon as I googled it this morning the first thing that popped up said our dips are not gluten free. Ugh. Oh well, that is it for me and dannon.

Anyhow, jumping back in and plan to be a better participant this weekend.:goodvibes

So sorry that you were glutened, Rose. :flower3: I know it just sucks that you are so sensitive and end up so often finding out there is a problem AFTER you've eaten it. :hug: I hope you can find a yummy dip recipe that tastes good. :goodvibes

Thanks for keeping track of us on the exercise thread too! :thumbsup2

This showed up in my FB feed today and I thought I would share since it goes with our theme for the week-end! :hippie:

1505542_10201847539685300_498800308_n.jpg

Good morning all! :goodvibes

b0a29ce6f15bbf08_frozen_let_it_go.jpg.xxlarge.jpg

It’s funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can’t get to me at all

It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You’ll never see me cry

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back,
The past is in the past

Our discussion about turning off our minds inspired today's topic of relaxation :hippie: (with a little help from sparkpeople.com of course ;))

People are busier than ever in today’s fast and furious lifestyle. This constant stress can have a negative impact on your health, contributing to ailments like insomnia, emotional overeating and high blood pressure. Unless you’re lucky enough to be able to escape to a tropical island at the drop of a hat, learning how to deal with stress in a positive way is more important than ever. Instead of reaching for chocolate the next time you feel your shoulders creeping up to your ears with tension, try one (or all!) of the following relaxation techniques:

Deep breathing, an easy and convenient way to relax, it is the core of many other relaxation techniques. You can practice deep breathing anywhere. Simply take ten deep breaths, lifting your chest to fill your lungs completely and then exhaling all the way. Each breath will relax your body a little bit more and you will feel the tension seep out of your muscles.

Progressive muscular relaxation (PMR) helps release muscle tension. Your muscles tighten as one of the first signs of stress and can become a real pain in the neck (or lower back). But this pain doesn't have to be a way of life. PRM is simple yet effective at reducing pain and enhancing relaxation. Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Start by tightening a group of muscles, such as your fists, as much as possible. Hold this tension for a few seconds and then relax the muscles. Once your muscles are relaxed, consciously soften them even further in order to be as relaxed as possible.

Mental imagery, or the picture in your mind's eye, can help you regroup and relax. Picture an idyllic and peaceful scene, such as a meadow or a beach, and use all of your senses. Do you smell jasmine in the air? Can you hear the birds singing and feel the light breeze on your skin? Your body can’t tell the difference between a thought and a real event, so bring your peaceful scene to mind the next time you’re feeling anxious. This "mini vacation" will help you feel refreshed, as if you’d really visited to a tropical paradise.

Meditation is the conscious act of focusing on one thought, object, or word. This deliberate focus occupies your mind and diverts your attention away from the problems that are causing you stress. Many people who meditate claim that it helps boost their creativity and ability to solve problems by allowing subconscious thoughts to arise to conscious awareness. But meditation isn’t far out or mystical. Like deep breathing, you can do it anywhere and without specialized training.

Relaxing music and sounds can help you clear your mind after a busy day. Whether you listen to tapes, CDs, MP3 downloads or Podcasts, you can find a recording that will help you fall asleep easier, meditate, beat stress, and more. Many stores sell relaxation CDs, which may contain music, nature sounds, or guided meditations.

Here is a link to the entire article is you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=779

I'm sending that "keep calm" image to DD! That is our new FAVORITE Disney song to sing at the top of our lungs (well.... at least I do it!). Idina Menzel is a vocal GENIUS! Okay.... had to go bring it up on Youtube so I could listen right now!! Her voice gives me shivers!

I'll answer the QOTD later!

Sorry you got sick.... that is really a bummer. Would you feel better if I vowed to boycott Dannon products until they start better labeling? Cause I will, for you!!

I really love RunKeeper on my phone. It lets me program any of the crazy run/walk intervals that I need and play the music that I want all while keeping track of my pace. It does suck the life out of my phone battery though. Another favorite app is the etools on WW -- they are a lifesaver. Last, but not least, I love the White Noise app that I have on my Kindle. I play sounds for about half an hour as I fall asleep and it helps to turn off the monkey brain. :hippie:

Enjoy your Saturday, Pamela, maybe some time at the scapping table is on tap for you! :thumbsup2

Maybe :thumbsup2

I have a terrible time turning my mind off, too. I can't just watch my thoughts float by and let them go -- I have to fret and stew over them for awhile. :lmao: But I do have good success with breathing techniques -- it occupies my brain so those little thoughts don't float through. And music is a big help as well getting me to the here and now. It is a struggle and I'm glad I'm not the only one. :hippie:

And I am totally, totally happy to have my last long run behind me for the Princess -- 14 miles on the indoor track yesterday. princess:

WOOOO!!!!!!!! and DOUBLE WOOOO!!

This showed up in my FB feed today and I thought I would share since it goes with our theme for the week-end! :hippie:

1505542_10201847539685300_498800308_n.jpg

NICE!

Okay.... my excuse for sitting down was that the kitchen floor needed to dry.... but I've been sitting here for 20 minutes now! Time to get back to work (while listening to Let It Go, of course ;) )...................P

Favorite ways to reduce stress are meditation and reiki. I don't really have much of a stressful life anymore, but when I start feeling stressed, those are my go-to's. Spending a few minutes watching and interacting with the farm animals helps, too.

I have found that going for a run and mowing the lawn are good for reducing stress. Sometimes I will zone watching TV too, but it has to be mindless TV, not something I have to think about.

My favorite apps are My Fitness Pal, Run Keeper, Jeff Galloway 5k, an interval timer, my podcasts, and music. I am going too look for a meditation app tonight, too :thumbsup2

I've got to round up my 4 week old chicks and move them from the house brooder to the garage one now that we're past the worst of the low temps. That should result in another hour of exercise for me, chasing birds. :lmao:

Sounds fun :)

Some beautiful places there! May I add one? Glacier National Park was, to me, way more beautiful than Yellowstone could ever hope to be. I live about 3 hours from there, so I go, a lot. My favorite NP.
For trip ideas in western PA, we enjoyed the zoo in Pittsburgh, and then we'd always stop at Primanti's. That won't help with a diet, but darn is it good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion with Glacier NP. Maybe I'll fake plan that one tonight.
We love the Pittsburgh Zoo. We have a zoo membership and hit Pitts, Erie, Cleveland, and Akron each one a year. We have a Primanti's about 25 minutes away by an outlet mall, so when we go shopping, we always stop. Sooooo yummy and sooooo bad for someone eating healthy :rotfl:

Have you ever been to Ohio's amish country? We used to go there a lot for weekend getaways, and got married there in Dover at the Reeves house. It was always nice to be able to unplug. That, and the peanut butter pie ...:hyper:

We have never been, but it's funnyyou mentioned it. My friend and her sister took her mom yesterday for her mom's birthday. They go twice a year as a girls trip. They go to Sugarcreek?

I'm officially at the lowest weight that I was when I tried to lose weight last year - so everything after this is new and fresh for my body! By new and fresh, I mean since 8 years ago! I'm excited to see the changes in my body as I continue on this journey! It was always such a hassle just to make it this far, now that I'm here, with a better routine in place, I have nothing but anticipation for the future!

a Big congrats!

I'm excited to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony tonight! I'm using it as a time to write an awesome cover letter for jobs, and to create two new things to put on my wall - one is a bucket list book and the other is an inspiration board.

How did you like the opening ceremonies? We thought it was very well done. Although, DH thinks the USA sweaters look like ugly Christmas sweater...and I agree!

I love yoga and I suggest if you have the money, find a good instructor to get started. My mind races like Rose's sometimes, but I always feel so good after. My hamstrings are always so tight, so yoga is perfect for my legs. Now that I have taken classes and learned the basics, I can watch dvds or Youtube videos at home when I want and not have to worry so much about form.

Oh no! I hope all went well with your check-up and your knee heals quickly!

I try to do yoga and meditate. My meditation is just laying and trying to clear my mind. I work on concentrating on breathing and relaxing my muscles.

As silly as this seems, cleaning also reduces my stress. I am up and active and feel accomplished afterward. Plus, clutter stresses me out, so a clean house (or work space) relaxes me.

Yuck! Sorry about the gluten issue this week. But, congrats on the loss :)

Dreaming of travelling to warmer places sounds wonderful when you are snowed in, Jill. :beach:

I hope the state does forgive a few of your days so you aren't teaching still when you are getting ready to celebrate July 4th! ;)

I don't think state will help us out, but our last day is June 4, so if we have to add at the end of the school year, it's not too bad.

Congrats on the loss and that run! That's a long one for an indoor track.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm getting starting by putting it out there...I had a run-in with a chocolate covered strawberry frappe from McDonalds today. Seriously, I haven't had a frappe for about 6 months (obviously for good reasons), but caved today and it was sooooo yummy. Now I need to regroup so I don't continue on the splurges!

DH just left for work and DS10 is at a movie/sleep over with a friend. Our families go to the same school and church so they are bringing DS to Sunday School tomorrow (probably very tired and grumpy lol). So it's just me and DS7. I tried to get him to go to the movies with me, but he said no. He wants to just chill and play some video games without DS10 bothering him. I think we'll play Disney Infinity together in a bit, then watch Monsters University again.

I just looked at the 10 day forecast and on Wednesday we are supposed to hit 35 as the high. We haven't seen the 30s forever! Now, granted the low Monday night/Tuesday morning is supposed to be 1...so 35 will feel like a heat wave! Hopefully some of the snow will melt and I can see that round yellowish-orange thing in the sky that is supposed to warm our planet. I think people call it the "sun?" :rotfl2: Hopefully the 30s and higher (I'm a dreamer) will stay and I can kiss this white, fluffy stuff goodbye until December :)

Okay, off to check out some Olympic stuff before DS and I begin our mom/son night. Have a healthy day :)

Jill

I have found that going for a run and mowing the lawn are good for reducing stress. Sometimes I will zone watching TV too, but it has to be mindless TV, not something I have to think about.

Can I just tell you that DH loves mowing the lawn. He listens to music and just mows away. We've lived in our house 11 years now and I have cut the grass once. Once. And DH was upset I did it because he likes to do it so much! I tried to get him to start teaching DS10 how to do it this past summer, and he said no! He also says it relaxes him. I think it's a terrible chore, so I'm glad you find peace in doing it!

:)

Happy Saturday night, all!

Tonight I'm doing something really scary - I'm going to a meet-up party with a group of people I've never met before! Most of my friends have moved out of the city, and I'm in need of some friends. I've been avoiding joining any clubs or activities to meet people because I was embarrassed about the way my body looked.

But, some things you guys have been saying made me think about that. I can't wait for my life to start any longer. :) So, wish me luck! I'm off to find something in my apartment that smells remotely like perfume! :rotfl:

Oh, and something to keep myself awake past my normal bedtime of 10:30 :lmao:

Oh tiny brag during my 18 min mile walk on the treadmill yesterday in the gym I actually ran 1/4 of that mile.. I have NEVER run on the treadmill (or anyplace else for that matter) so pretty impressed with myself.. I'll keep pusing it further each time just see what I can actually do..

Keep it up! You're awesome!

QOTD: For me, a good shoe is the best thing! We have a great place here that watches how you walk, jog, jump, etc.. so they can help best fit you. They also have an area you can walk/run on to test them on. Also if you keep your receipt and realize they just are not working for you, you can bring them back in and exchange them even if you have worn them for a few weeks.

Sounds like an awesome place! What's it called?

Got back from Disney last Sunday and haven't had a chance to check in. We had a great trip

Sounds like an AMAZING trip! Just reading those foods is making me INCREDIBLY jealous!

Oh no! I hope you are okay! Take it easy on yourself for a bit. HUGS! :hug:

Hmm... I must say, it used to be eating. I'm trying to find new ones, as I'm not one for just sitting and thinking. I need to be doing something. So, right now it is reading a book. Escaping into another world is a WONDERFUL way to de-stress after work. I like to read on my commutes too. As a New Yorkers, I must say, I used to be that person who was really angsty on my way home. Now, I just smile when someone is mad that there are no seats haha

I'm so sorry to hear this. My sister-in-law is gluten intolerant - actually just found out last year, after 10 years of thinking she had IBS, yeesh. She just discovered this same problem with dannon. I'm so sorry companies don't do a better job labeling their foods. :(

Hope you recover soon!

Still trying to get caught up around the house but wanted to let you all know I posted a recipe on the WISH recipe thread for the Baked Stuffed Portobello Mushroom I threw together for dinner tonight.

Found pajamas on clearance at Walmart today and was excited to pick up a few pairs. Those are the one thing I haven't replaced at all even since I lost the initial 60 pounds so mine are huge! They had some really cute Minnie Mouse ones that I bought a little tight so I have something to work towards. :)

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to join in if that's ok. I've done several of the challenges in the past, and I see lots of familiar names.

I haven't taken very good care of myself for the past 18 months or so because my DD17 was ill and requiring a lot of my time and attention, but now that she's doing much better, I need to refocus on my own health.

I started the One-One-One diet and joined Curves this month. DD17 is doing Curves also to try and get some strength built up.
My loss for week 1 was great, but I realize that week 1 is usually like that and I need to stay focused to keep heading in the right direction. My goal is to average 1.5 pounds/week overall. I'm tagging along on a business trip with DH to Las Vegas at the end of April, so I thought 18 pounds in 12 weeks would be challenging enough to make me work hard, but not completely unrealistic. I have been up and down in the same 10# range for about 4 years, and I don't want to see that number on the scale anymore!

I'm sending that "keep calm" image to DD! That is our new FAVORITE Disney song to sing at the top of our lungs (well.... at least I do it!). Idina Menzel is a vocal GENIUS! Okay.... had to go bring it up on Youtube so I could listen right now!! Her voice gives me shivers!

I do love that song, too. It's on my playlist for the Princess. princess:

Favorite ways to reduce stress are meditation and reiki. I don't really have much of a stressful life anymore, but when I start feeling stressed, those are my go-to's. Spending a few minutes watching and interacting with the farm animals helps, too.

Sounds like fun! :hippie:

It's kind of tough to mow the lawn right now isn't it Buffy? :lmao:

Good luck on your last long run today! :flower3: In two short weeks we will be rocking our race. princess:

Hey guys! I'm getting starting by putting it out there...I had a run-in with a chocolate covered strawberry frappe from McDonalds today. Seriously, I haven't had a frappe for about 6 months (obviously for good reasons), but caved today and it was sooooo yummy. Now I need to regroup so I don't continue on the splurges!

One frappe isn't going to derail you, Jill. Glad that you had an indulgence that you really enjoyed. :cool2:

Happy Saturday night, all!

Tonight I'm doing something really scary - I'm going to a meet-up party with a group of people I've never met before! Most of my friends have moved out of the city, and I'm in need of some friends. I've been avoiding joining any clubs or activities to meet people because I was embarrassed about the way my body looked.

But, some things you guys have been saying made me think about that. I can't wait for my life to start any longer. :) So, wish me luck! I'm off to find something in my apartment that smells remotely like perfume! :rotfl:

Oh, and something to keep myself awake past my normal bedtime of 10:30 :lmao:

Sounds like fun! Hope you had a great time! ::yes::

Still trying to get caught up around the house but wanted to let you all know I posted a recipe on the WISH recipe thread for the Baked Stuffed Portobello Mushroom I threw together for dinner tonight.

Found pajamas on clearance at Walmart today and was excited to pick up a few pairs. Those are the one thing I haven't replaced at all even since I lost the initial 60 pounds so mine are huge! They had some really cute Minnie Mouse ones that I bought a little tight so I have something to work towards. :)

Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe and :woohoo: on new pjs!

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to join in if that's ok. I've done several of the challenges in the past, and I see lots of familiar names.

I haven't taken very good care of myself for the past 18 months or so because my DD17 was ill and requiring a lot of my time and attention, but now that she's doing much better, I need to refocus on my own health.

I started the One-One-One diet and joined Curves this month. DD17 is doing Curves also to try and get some strength built up.
My loss for week 1 was great, but I realize that week 1 is usually like that and I need to stay focused to keep heading in the right direction. My goal is to average 1.5 pounds/week overall. I'm tagging along on a business trip with DH to Las Vegas at the end of April, so I thought 18 pounds in 12 weeks would be challenging enough to make me work hard, but not completely unrealistic. I have been up and down in the same 10# range for about 4 years, and I don't want to see that number on the scale anymore!

:welcome: Sara! Sorry that your DD was ill and glad to hear that she is doing better. :flower3: Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Enjoy your Sunday all! :goodvibes

We are updated! Congrats to all our losers and out maintainer, and for those of use struggling a bit, we can do this :thumbsup2 Everyone is doing a great job!

BBL to catch up on some replys... gotta get sonme housework done so I can settle in to enjoy THE WALKING DEAD tonight with DF!!!

Glad you've been inspired to step outside your comfort zone. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised at how nice those folks are. Let us know how it went!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Can't believe I lost 7 pounds this week. I'm so proud of me. Just hope I can stick it out. I always see relatively big numbers in the beginning since I have so much to lose (goal is to lose 97 pounds total and I am 20 into it for this round), but I betcha once I get down to the last 30 or so it'll be agony for each ounce I kick to the curb.

Hubby starts another round of chemo on valentine's day, so we got out of the house today for a little despite another foot of snow being dumped on us and cruddy roads. Went for some BBQ where I know I probably had a few carbs too many but enjoyed each and every bite, and then we went to see Frozen. Loved it.

The 13th will be a real test of willpower. I'll be baking up some valentines cookies and brownies for the ladies at the chemo unit since they adored the christmas ones I sent. They take such good care of DH. It is SO tough to love to bake, but I can't have any. If you guys don't hear from me that day, I probably lept off the wagon and am dozing in a carb induced coma.

Congrats on everyone's loss this week. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter