WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

Hello eveyone, Happy Tuesday.. Thanks Lisa for coaching last week! My name is Michelle and I'll be coaching thru Saturday..

I've been fighting a headcold/flu type thing since friday and stayed out of work till today.. I feel unprepared for coaching but I do have a question today!

when you are sick how do you stay on track - or do you just eat whatever and get back at it when you are feeling better?? I'll be back at my lunchtime to chat ..

I always seem to lose weight when I'm sick--it's just the shock to my system I think-- slowing down so much. I'm also drinking TONS of water and tea, and reading this board more. Also more prone to giving myself non food rewards when I'm sick since I have the time, therefore decreasing the emotional need to eat?

Back down a pound today--it felt so good to be back in that gym....and the jacuzzi. Forgot to share a NSV. I have more pants now I can wear without them being so tight and have one pair that are loose enough to wear long johns under and still be loose lol. That one pair has gotten me through work the last week lol.

To the poster who said the opening ceremonies weren't quite what she expected-- I agree-- with that much money spent you would expect more...Plushenko--the russian skater ---never dissapoints! I really loved that very young russian girl skater too. This is their olympics this year-- last one they were dealt a bad hand.

And my goodness we are taking a beating this month between sickness, injury, extreme weather, etc. Spring is coming-- I promise-- I've had to get my flonase going again. I think everyone needs to just slow down a bit, and take good care of themselves until the universe decides to be kinder....:grouphug:

Hello eveyone, Happy Tuesday.. Thanks Lisa for coaching last week! My name is Michelle and I'll be coaching thru Saturday..

I've been fighting a headcold/flu type thing since friday and stayed out of work till today.. I feel unprepared for coaching but I do have a question today!

when you are sick how do you stay on track - or do you just eat whatever and get back at it when you are feeling better?? I'll be back at my lunchtime to chat ..

It depends. Obviously with the stomach bug I limit what I eat. sticking mostly to wonton soup broth and chicken noodle. When I have a cold or like right now, a headache I will eat what ever makes me feel better.
But having said that, I have noticed my body is rejecting things I used to eat. Last night we had harvest medley from trader joes. It has quinoa, israeli couscous, chick peas, etc in it. I could not for the life of my get it down, I used to love the stuff! Today I had a skinny cow caramel with chocolate. I couldn't even eat one square. I'm now downing water like it's going out of style to combat the heaviness of the food I ate.
Now I need to figure out how to tell my eyes and head to start listening to my stomach!

Today I am having a craptastic day, it has followed the craptastic week. Between the kids being sick, me being sick, DS17 almost doing an epic fail, me totally dropping the ball on my work outs and diet plan, and the never ending snow. I am just done. I want to run, but have no motivation. DS17 is yelling at me to go while he goes out for his driver training drive.
All I want to do is take a nap.

2 good things I got done today, I got the Chinese New Year dragon out of my mothers house. We had to rebuild it for the teacher. And I got the tea for the Valentine's Tea purchased. If the other ladies at the museum don't like it, they can pound sand.

Aww Pamela. I am sorry you are struggling. When Mike was at the naval academy they called this time of year the 'dark ages'. I think the weather, lack of sunlight, etc just makes everything so very much harder--including exercise and weight loss. Please don't see this as a personal failure. It is just the way things are at this moment in time. :grouphug:

Sending you a hug too, Buffy.

I guess it depends on what exactly is wrong. Sometimes I limit food and drink extra water and sometimes Gatorade. Other times, I try to continue my eating plan but throw in something extra to feel full. Example, I may have a breakfast with more calories like egg and cheese on whole grain bread from Panera. This is much more filling than my usual breakfasts and makes me feel better to start my day. By the way, I don't think it's too bad calorie wise. The Power breakfast sandwich has 390 calories and I do not like the ham on it, so I pretty much get that sandwich without the ham :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a super quick check in during a busy week. Actually, I tried to get on during my lunch break, but the internet was super slow, so I gave up :headache:

Put me in the "not feeling well" boat with the rest of you. Seriously, maybe we are spreading something through the internet :confused3 I woke up yesterday with a slight cold, so I am trying my best to fight it off. I am super tired and planning to be in bed by 9 tonight. Anyhow, pixiedust: to all that are fighting illness and :grouphug: to anyone who is facing issues on the scale. Oh, and :woohoo: to anyone getting ready for a trip!

Off to get DSs ready for bed and get ready myself :)

Have a healthy night.

Jill

Good morning all! :goodvibes

images

And I won't look back
I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track
No I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance
And my journey is complete
But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart.

For motivational Monday I thought we would talk a bit about motivating ourselves to get our workouts in even though it is still dark, and cold, and we just don't want to! (With a little help from my friends at sparkpeople.com of course)

They took a survey of their members and asked how they would answer this question.

"When I don't feel like working out, I ___."

Here are some of their answers:

Do it anyway.
Tell myself to go for 15 minutes. If I still feel bad or unmotivated, I can quit. I have yet to quit.
Look on Pinterest for motivation! (Check out Pinterest's Fitness section and follow SparkPeople's Pinterest boards.)
Ask a friend along to the workout it helps us both with accountability.
Do a heavy house cleaning (vacuuming, moving furniture, scrubbing) so I have a reason to work out.
Watch a Crossfit video on YouTube. It always inspires me. Then I get it done.
Take a 10-minute brisk walk.
Take the dog for a long walk.

Here is a link to the whole article from sparkpeople.com with more ideas if you are interested
http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=40_things_to_try_when_you_dont_want_to_work_out

QOTD Monday, February 10, 2014: How do you answer this question? "When I don't feel like working out, I ___."

BBL with replies and my own answer.

Hi there! Joining the conversation pretty late in the day but better late than never.

First I want to say how incredibly grateful I am for whomever started this thread and all of you volunteers who take time out of their busy day to motivate us all. Thank you so much!:worship:

I really enjoyed the QOTD today. To answer the question, when I don't feel like working out which right now is always, I do some heavy duty house cleaning. Or maybe dance if I'm having what I call a good ankle day. Prime example was this weekend - Saturday I started an early spring cleaning project which lasted for about an hour. Then Sunday I attended a coed baby shower and they had a DJ so I danced for about 15 minutes. I love dancing, especially salsa. However, I have a pretty bad case of ankle arthritis which has brought my favorite activity to a screeching halt. But I wore my comfy shoes and did my best to tough it out for at least 15 minutes and I did it!

I really struggle with exercise. Part of my issue is my ankle but over and above that it's my energy and stress level. Yes, I do understand that once I get into a regular routine my energy will increase and stress will decrease, it's getting there that's the problem. I'm a manager and case coordinator at a large healthcare organization. Between managing staff and dealing with patients there are times that I'm emotionally drained by the end of the day. I tend to stay up late and then sleep until the absolute last minute before having to get up and ready for work. It's a vicious cycle I tell 'ya!

Speaking of draining, my boss was at an off site meeting so I was running the clinic by myself today. I was on a mission this morning to continue working on an important revenue-related project that I had started yesterday, but it was not to be with the multiple issues that came up. Tomorrow is already Wednesday and I know I won't get to my project, so that means coming in on Saturday.:rolleyes2

Whether or not I stay on track really depends on whether or not if I have someone with me to help when I'm getting better I tend to eat better. Otherwise it tends to be what is most convenient. If I even feel like eating. Sometimes I don't.

I agree it does help if someone is home to take care of the sick person! I like you tend to eat what is convenient..

Hi everyone!

I'm on my own sick day here - is it possible that we're spreading germs via the internet?!?! :crazy2:

Nevertheless, I did get my workout in yesterday, but after my workout this morning, I knew I just needed to sleep. :(

I did have a great trip to the supermarket yesterday - I did not buy nutrigrain bars!!! I still have a few in the apartment just in case, but this morning I did cardio with a banana and a tiny bit of peanut butter, and then cereal with blueberries afterwards! Good thing my supermarket had blueberries in the winter haha

Hopefully it lasts!

Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for hosting when you are sick! For me, I usually eat WAY less when I'm sick, as I'm sleeping much more, which makes me less hungry. I also gravitate more towards soups which are actually much healthier for me to eat lol But, exercise usually falls by the wayside. Honestly, though, this time of year, I'm usually sick a LOT. With all this exercise and eating better, I'm amazed at how little I've been sick!

:cheer2: :hug:
That is great news that you have been less sick and are healthier !! Yes I just want to laze around on my couch when I sick but beat myself up because I am not working out.. Great job on supermarket trip!! I hope we are not passing it around here!!!

I always seem to lose weight when I'm sick--it's just the shock to my system I think-- slowing down so much. I'm also drinking TONS of water and tea, and reading this board more. Also more prone to giving myself non food rewards when I'm sick since I have the time, therefore decreasing the emotional need to eat?

Back down a pound today--it felt so good to be back in that gym....and the jacuzzi. Forgot to share a NSV. I have more pants now I can wear without them being so tight and have one pair that are loose enough to wear long johns under and still be loose lol. That one pair has gotten me through work the last week lol.

....:grouphug:

Good for you - non food rewards are soo hard in this life we have created a place where we celebrate everything with food it seems! Congrats on the pants!!!

It depends. Obviously with the stomach bug I limit what I eat. sticking mostly to wonton soup broth and chicken noodle. When I have a cold or like right now, a headache I will eat what ever makes me feel better.
But having said that, I have noticed my body is rejecting things I used to eat. Last night we had harvest medley from trader joes. It has quinoa, israeli couscous, chick peas, etc in it. I could not for the life of my get it down, I used to love the stuff! Today I had a skinny cow caramel with chocolate. I couldn't even eat one square. I'm now downing water like it's going out of style to combat the heaviness of the food I ate.
Now I need to figure out how to tell my eyes and head to start listening to my stomach!

Yes if we could only get our eyes and stomachs in tune!! I find that on days I work out I eat less for dinner but am starving the next morning at breakfast..

Today I am having a craptastic day, it has followed the craptastic week. Between the kids being sick, me being sick, DS17 almost doing an epic fail, me totally dropping the ball on my work outs and diet plan, and the never ending snow. I am just done. I want to run, but have no motivation. DS17 is yelling at me to go while he goes out for his driver training drive.
All I want to do is take a nap.

2 good things I got done today, I got the Chinese New Year dragon out of my mothers house. We had to rebuild it for the teacher. And I got the tea for the Valentine's Tea purchased. If the other ladies at the museum don't like it, they can pound sand.

focus on the good.. and give yourself a little wiggle room on the bad..we all have slumps - you'll break thru soon I have no doubt!! chin up!!

I guess it depends on what exactly is wrong. Sometimes I limit food and drink extra water and sometimes Gatorade. Other times, I try to continue my eating plan but throw in something extra to feel full. Example, I may have a breakfast with more calories like egg and cheese on whole grain bread from Panera. This is much more filling than my usual breakfasts and makes me feel better to start my day. By the way, I don't think it's too bad calorie wise. The Power breakfast sandwich has 390 calories and I do not like the ham on it, so I pretty much get that sandwich without the ham :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a super quick check in during a busy week. Actually, I tried to get on during my lunch break, but the internet was super slow, so I gave up :headache:

Put me in the "not feeling well" boat with the rest of you. Seriously, maybe we are spreading something through the internet :confused3 I woke up yesterday with a slight cold, so I am trying my best to fight it off. I am super tired and planning to be in bed by 9 tonight. Anyhow, pixiedust: to all that are fighting illness and :grouphug: to anyone who is facing issues on the scale. Oh, and :woohoo: to anyone getting ready for a trip!

Off to get DSs ready for bed and get ready myself :)

Have a healthy night.

Jill

Take care Jill! I agree lots of water/poweade if you like it .. hydrate hydrate hydrate!!

Ok I'll be postin the QotD very soon!!! Hope everyone is feeling better.. I still have the whole stuffy head thing but today my ears have unplugged so I am taking it as a good sign it's moving on out!!!

Good Morning Wishers!!
Today is WHOOO HOOO Wednesday

Please share your victories both big and small - we should celebreate them all according to my WW leader.. while we are like Yeah I lost 5 lbs we should also be like Yeah I choose the apple and not the cookie! so peeps lets share!!

Be back at lunchtime for replies!!

Hi everyone!! I hope you all are starting to feel better!

Just as 50sjayne said, it seems like so many of us are really struggling this month! I have to say that I am very grateful for the community on here to help me through the months. And at least I don't have to deal with horrible weather. Just the opposite, here winter did not happen this year. We had mostely temperatures in the 40s, some days even in the 50s and it definitely starts to feel rather spring like already! Perfect weather for running and biking already!!

And the great news is that I am healing very well! Teh doctor was very pleased today and on Monday they will remove the threads (or whatever they are called) from my stitches and by mid-week next week I was "ordered" to re-start running! My doc says that I am not allowed to use this accident as an excuse to not run in the future. :goodvibes I guess I was incredibly lucky that I just got skin damage as skin heals very easily. I could so easily have pulled a muscle, sprained my ankle or even have broken my wrist! And I must say that I am very grateful to live in a time where antibiotics are available. I could tell that my would was battling infection over the weekend, but that never got anywhere as they gave me antibiotics from the start. :thumbsup2

So, the world already looks much better here - and so far my eating has been excellent!!

QOTD:

First, I really liked your saying about rewards!! And thanks for the reminder that even little victories are something to be proud of!

My two things today are that I walked to lunch 10 minutes there and 10 minutes back (took me 15 minutes today...), it felt so good to be moving again!

And then that I have managed to go to bed earlier and therefore get up earlier, so that I can have a healthy breakfast before work. Partly I have been forced to do that as I need to take my medication in the morning and it has to be taken with a meal. But the going to bed in time is something I have struggled with over the last weeks, so I am very happy about this!!

Good morning all! Happy Wednesday to all! Prayers and warm thoughts to those getting ice and snow and below-normal temps today and tomorrow (including me!).

Thank you to EVERYONE who took a minute to send me some good thoughts, prayers, words, and PD yesterday. It really means more than you can ever know. I am sorry that I was such a self-centered whiner yesterday, but I know that you can all understand how I was feeling. I honestly couldn't even bear to come back on yesterday because I was feeling unworthy of the kind words that I knew would be waiting to greet me! But I will say I am feeling much better today. I did my work weigh-in, sent it to my boss, so that anxiety is somewhat gone (it really does feel good to just face the music and be done with it!) and I can start moving in the right direction now.

I DID hit the TM for 30 minutes yesterday. It should have been more, but it was what I could fit easily into my day and it was better than nothing.

Cold seems to be improving somewhat, as I am not coughing and blowing as much as over the weekend, although the sore throat seems to have rebounded a bit. But I am here at work and will try to keep my germs to myself!

I had intended to do replies this morning while my students are at Library time, but this computer is PAINFULLY slow and keeps locking up on me, so I will save my replies for tonight, when I will have some time to kill while waiting for DS at robotics. I will also pop on at lunch today if I am able.........P

Good Morning Wishers!!

Please share your victories both big and small - we should celebreate them all according to my WW leader.. while we are like Yeah I lost 5 lbs we should also be like Yeah I choose the apple and not the cookie! so peeps lets share!!

Oh, lessee--I stayed on the elliptical 40 minutes instead of a 1/2 hour and still made it back home on time for the olympics.

Well, I got my windshield replaced yesterday, now my own windshield is broken! One of my old old girl cats who has always been an odd cat is getting sort of senile. Well, last night she jumped down onto the bed and scratched my forehead. It's a long scratch so I think I'll just wash it then cover with liquid bandaid because I'm going to the gym. This is the same girl that knocked over an old 40's radio on me and gouged under my eye. Needless to say she is going to have to go in the garage or the spare bedroom nights, now. Of course this couldn't happen before my 2 days off when I could just slap some bandaids on it...:headache:

Afternoon, everyone! :yay:

Feeling much better today. A day off was just what I needed. Having a strange day, though. I know I am smaller - my weight is going down, and my inches are as well. But, I'm in that weird period where certain parts of my body haven't quite caught on to the changes.

I am... lumpy... :rotfl:

So, my clothes are fitting kinda weirdly - still snug in some places, large in others... it is quite the transitional period LOL

I'm also a little concerned that I'm not eating ENOUGH. I've been consistently lower than my WW target for the past two weeks, every day. When I splurge on the weekend, I'm only going about 5-6 points over my daily target. I feel great - I'm never starving or feeling deprived. In fact, a lot of the time I feel full after meals that used to leave me wanting more. I just don't want to do this the wrong way, you know? :confused3

Then again, my PP target hasn't changed since I was 10 pounds heavier... Thoughts from any WWers?

Happy Birthday to Mr. Lincoln! Tomorrow is Madly in Love with Me day!! It is a day to celebrate Self-Love! I, for one, am SUPER excited! I used to be a SELF-LOVE ambassador in college each year, and I was always very happy to take a day just for MOI!

Just to give you a little more reason to love yourself - and encourage your female friends, daughters, mothers, etc to love themselves as well:

1 in 3 women will be in an abusive relationship before the age of 20. 80% will return.
1 in 3 women will be sexually abused.
4 of 5 girls will think about dieting before 4th grade.
Almost 1 out of 2 women will suffer through a divorce. 20% in the first 5 years of marriage.
80% of women are so exhausted that they are headed for extreme adrenal gland fatigue.
Women surveyed today are no happier than women surveyed in 1970, even though they have more equality, self esteem and freedom.

So - why not take the extra time tomorrow to do something that makes you feel empowered?! Tell your reflection all the things you've done that make you proud. Tell yourself all the reasons you find yourself beautiful. Wear something that you feel great in - even if it is your largest, coziest sweater.

And of course - encourage your friends to love themselves, too, by telling them why you love them! After all, it is also Galentine's Day tomorrow - for those of you who don't watch Parks and Recreation, it is a day to celebrate Lady Friends. :grouphug:

Aaaaaand end diatribe!

If the other ladies at the museum don't like it, they can pound sand.

I'm so sorry things have been so craptastic lately. :( I will say that this sentence made me laugh so hard that water almost came out of my nose!!! :lmao:

What is Valentine's Tea/all the other wonderful things you discussed? Are you throwing a party?

When Mike was at the naval academy they called this time of year the 'dark ages'. I think the weather, lack of sunlight, etc just makes everything so very much harder--including exercise and weight loss. Please don't see this as a personal failure. It is just the way things are at this moment in time. :grouphug:

Well said! And I love that - the dark ages. It definitely makes things harder. My cousin works with special needs children and she says the periods when there is little to no sunlight for weeks on end appear to affect them the most. There was one June a couple of years ago, where I think it rained for about 20 of the 30 days - she had an incredibly hard time teaching that month, so much so that she almost quit her job. Sometimes weather affects us in ways we just can't control. =/

Put me in the "not feeling well" boat with the rest of you. Seriously, maybe we are spreading something through the internet :confused3

Hope you feel better soon, Jill! pixiedust:

Hi there! Joining the conversation pretty late in the day but better late than never.

First I want to say how incredibly grateful I am for whomever started this thread and all of you volunteers who take time out of their busy day to motivate us all. Thank you so much!:worship:

Right? Aren't they wonderful? Such a great group! :dance3:

Glad you have so many options for exercising - I need to start doing some dancing around my apartment!

Good Morning Wishers!!
[/COLOR][/FONT]

My Woo-Hoo Wednesday is that I went down a notch on my watch. Not quite the same as going down a pants size or a shirt size, but since it is so cold, that I wear 2 pairs of pants each day, that's a little bit harder to measure LOL

Plus, its my Mickey watch, so that makes me feel even better!

And the great news is that I am healing very well!

YAY! And even better than your doctor is encouraging your running!

But I will say I am feeling much better today. I did my work weigh-in, sent it to my boss, so that anxiety is somewhat gone (it really does feel good to just face the music and be done with it!) and I can start moving in the right direction now.

Glad you are feeling better - and that you are moving again! See - we knew you could do it. :cool1:

And way to go, ripping off the band-aid with your weight. You are so right in that it feels better to know and move forward than to wonder all day long. You got this, Pamela!

Oh, lessee--I stayed on the elliptical 40 minutes instead of a 1/2 hour and still made it back home on time for the olympics.

WTG! Woohoo!!!! :woohoo:

WOFTD - thanks for the encouraging post about self-love!! You are so right about how important that is! :thumbsup2

Sorry that your weight loss isn't showing properly yet. I am sure things will fall into place soon.

How many WW points do you have? I have 26 and I struggle every day to stay within my points as I only really lose weight when I don't eat my weekly extra. So I can't imagine having any left over. Am very proud that today I managed to hit my target and eat very healthy! From all I know it is kind of important to not go below your daily allowance as that is what the body really needs. So maybe have a look at what you eat and add some healthy but point heavy things into your diet? Some nuts for example provice healthy fats and plenty of points. Or have a glass of milk or fruit juice.

Wednesday QOTD: I guess a small victory for me today is that I went to Curves and worked out this morning.

I had worked out Monday evening and yesterday around noon. Then I got a terrible stomach ache yesterday afternoon and ended up having to call in sick to work last night. I woke up with a throbbing headache this morning, but just laid in bed and managed to fall back asleep. I woke up again around 9:15 and was feeling much better. I had a small bowl of cereal and still felt fine, so I decided to go ahead and work out even though I wasn't sure if it was a very good idea. I felt a little weak because I didn't eat much yesterday, but I'm feeling ok overall and planning to go to work tonight.

DD14 stayed home from school today not feeling well, so we must have had a little bug of some sort. Hopefully everyone else in the house stays healthy!

How many WW points do you have? I have 26 and I struggle every day to stay within my points as I only really lose weight when I don't eat my weekly extra. So I can't imagine having any left over. Am very proud that today I managed to hit my target and eat very healthy! From all I know it is kind of important to not go below your daily allowance as that is what the body really needs. So maybe have a look at what you eat and add some healthy but point heavy things into your diet? Some nuts for example provice healthy fats and plenty of points. Or have a glass of milk or fruit juice.

Hmmm... I have 29 and I struggle to GET to 29 haha It isn't because I'm a health nut - I just have made some changes in my diet that don't involve cookies every day and instead involve more salads with grilled chicken. I did some research, and I am going to try hard to get to that 29 each day. It looks like it won't go down to 28 for another 6 pounds, so I'm going to try it and see where it takes me.

I drink LOTS of water - I actually prefer it to other drinks, but I'm considering having my cereal with yogurt in the morning, and then having a glass of milk with a snack. I've made March the month that I start cooking, and stop eating Smart Ones all the time, so I know that will definitely help points wise, but I never thought I would struggle to eat more!

I think part of me is worried that if I eat more, I will gain weight. :(

But, I know it all takes time, and I can't lose weight being malnourished.

Thanks for the advice, Floss!

Good Morning Wishers!!

WOOHOO Wednesday!!!

All the kids went to school today!!! And I found my Wonder Woman shirt for the 5K.

Thank you to EVERYONE who took a minute to send me some good thoughts, prayers, words, and PD yesterday. It really means more than you can ever know. I am sorry that I was such a self-centered whiner yesterday, but I know that you can all understand how I was feeling. I honestly couldn't even bear to come back on yesterday because I was feeling unworthy of the kind words that I knew would be waiting to greet me! But I will say I am feeling much better today. I did my work weigh-in, sent it to my boss, so that anxiety is somewhat gone (it really does feel good to just face the music and be done with it!) and I can start moving in the right direction now.

Soooooo, was the scale as bad as you thought or did you get yourself worked up over nothing? And you can be whiney all you want! I have had my fair share of moments too.

What is Valentine's Tea/all the other wonderful things you discussed? Are you throwing a party?

The dragon was for the history teacher for Chinese New Year. We are a little late to the party but snow days have made it impossible to stay on track time wise. She taped a dragon face kite to a trash bag and it didn't look good. Plus after a few years of abuse "Amy" was looking a little ragged. So mom painted a new face on fabric and we reglued the hoops that hold the body up, etc. She needs more extensive work but we will tackle that after the teacher needs it. I will post pics after our celebration Friday (if we have school).

The tea is a ladies tea that we do every year at our local museum/historic house. The house was owned by a Civil War Doctor. The lady who usually runs the tea opted to not help this year and since I am the only one who drinks tea in the group, I was tasked with finding a tea. I bought an Earl Grey Creme tea (at the Spice and Tea Exchange) for the signature tea and we will have blueberry green tea and english breakfast as back ups.
Last year we displayed turn of the century ladies hats, tea pots, and dolls. This year we are displaying wedding dresses, photos and love letters.

Woohoo Wednesday-- I was gonna say I got nothing....one of those days. But then I remembered I walked outside for 75 minutes (it was 37 and sunny today) which is less than I had scheduled for the day, but more than I wanted to do (which is nothing!).

P --:hug: :hug: :hug: I'll say it again we are only human and it's ok to fall down long as you get right back up again.. Please don't beat up on yourself. we are always here to listen! take care . hope your afternoon is better..

Aww, Pamela, I'm so sorry that you are down. :hug: That bug must have really done a number on you. :flower3: It's okay to feel sad and discouraged at times -- it happens to all of us. I hope that you can kick that bug to the corner and get to feeling more like yourself very, very soon. Maybe a pjlla plan is in order? You can do it! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Pamela, I am so sorry that you are down. Yes, it is unlike you, but we can't be perfect all of the time! You are such a strong, amazing woman, who spends every day doing more than I could ever imagine. Taking a day off from being that wonderful is ALLOWED - and ENCOURAGED! Things will get easier when you feel better and you WILL recover. As Lisa said, you are known for your plans and your persistence. SO, we all know how capable you are.

:cheer2: :hug:

Aww Pamela. I am sorry you are struggling. When Mike was at the naval academy they called this time of year the 'dark ages'. I think the weather, lack of sunlight, etc just makes everything so very much harder--including exercise and weight loss. Please don't see this as a personal failure. It is just the way things are at this moment in time. :grouphug:

Sending you a hug too, Buffy.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU..... it is much appreciated!!:grouphug:

Good Morning Wishers!!

Okay.... just have to tell you what a chuckle the quote gave me yesterday.... and it was appropriate because yesterday's WW topic was about not giving into emotional eating.

Tough week to be talking about victories, but I guess my victory would be facing the music on the scale AND not giving in to self-sabotage with food!

Afternoon, everyone! :yay:

Feeling much better today. A day off was just what I needed. Having a strange day, though. I know I am smaller - my weight is going down, and my inches are as well. But, I'm in that weird period where certain parts of my body haven't quite caught on to the changes.

I am... lumpy... :rotfl:

So, my clothes are fitting kinda weirdly - still snug in some places, large in others... it is quite the transitional period LOL

I'm also a little concerned that I'm not eating ENOUGH. I've been consistently lower than my WW target for the past two weeks, every day. When I splurge on the weekend, I'm only going about 5-6 points over my daily target. I feel great - I'm never starving or feeling deprived. In fact, a lot of the time I feel full after meals that used to leave me wanting more. I just don't want to do this the wrong way, you know? :confused3

Then again, my PP target hasn't changed since I was 10 pounds heavier... Thoughts from any WWers?

You really should try hard to be hitting at least your daily PointsPlus target at the minimum....especially if you are exercising. You can skip your earned activity points and skip your weekly 49 PPV, but you really should try to hit your daily target, at least 4-5 days a week.

Try bumping up the portions of healthy oils and fats... that is SURE to bring you closer to your target. Or change out some of your LOW FAT dairy choices for full fat.

It may help your weight loss for a few weeks (eating BELOW your daily target), but in the long run you are turning down the "heat" on your metabolism and it will catch up with you. Your metabolism will slow down and you will hit a plateau because your body is trying to conserve every calorie for the "famine" that it feels is coming!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Lincoln! Tomorrow is Madly in Love with Me day!! It is a day to celebrate Self-Love! I, for one, am SUPER excited! I used to be a SELF-LOVE ambassador in college each year, and I was always very happy to take a day just for MOI!

Just to give you a little more reason to love yourself - and encourage your female friends, daughters, mothers, etc to love themselves as well:

1 in 3 women will be in an abusive relationship before the age of 20. 80% will return.
1 in 3 women will be sexually abused.
4 of 5 girls will think about dieting before 4th grade.
Almost 1 out of 2 women will suffer through a divorce. 20% in the first 5 years of marriage.
80% of women are so exhausted that they are headed for extreme adrenal gland fatigue.
Women surveyed today are no happier than women surveyed in 1970, even though they have more equality, self esteem and freedom.

So - why not take the extra time tomorrow to do something that makes you feel empowered?! Tell your reflection all the things you've done that make you proud. Tell yourself all the reasons you find yourself beautiful. Wear something that you feel great in - even if it is your largest, coziest sweater.

And of course - encourage your friends to love themselves, too, by telling them why you love them! After all, it is also Galentine's Day tomorrow - for those of you who don't watch Parks and Recreation, it is a day to celebrate Lady Friends. :grouphug:

Aaaaaand end diatribe!

SO WELL SAID! I'll have to let my daughter know about "Galentine's Day"! She'll get a chuckle from that!

My Woo-Hoo Wednesday is that I went down a notch on my watch. Not quite the same as going down a pants size or a shirt size, but since it is so cold, that I wear 2 pairs of pants each day, that's a little bit harder to measure LOL

Plus, its my Mickey watch, so that makes me feel even better!

That's wonderful! It is actually the SMALLER parts of our bodies that lose the weight last (fingers, wrists, etc).... so you are doing great!

And way to go, ripping off the band-aid with your weight. You are so right in that it feels better to know and move forward than to wonder all day long. You got this, Pamela!

THANKS!!

WTG! Woohoo!!!! :woohoo:

WOOHOO Wednesday!!!

All the kids went to school today!!! And I found my Wonder Woman shirt for the 5K.

Two WOOHOOS for Wednesday!! So, the kids got back to school just in time for a snow day, right???;)

Soooooo, was the scale as bad as you thought or did you get yourself worked up over nothing? And you can be whiney all you want! I have had my fair share of moments too.

Actually, it was WORSE than I thought.... but nothing to do about it now except to LEARN and MOVE ON! It was just really sad to see a number on the scale that I VOWED many years ago would never be seen again. But I've kept that number at bay for the past 5+ years and I can do it again!

The dragon was for the history teacher for Chinese New Year. We are a little late to the party but snow days have made it impossible to stay on track time wise. She taped a dragon face kite to a trash bag and it didn't look good. Plus after a few years of abuse "Amy" was looking a little ragged. So mom painted a new face on fabric and we reglued the hoops that hold the body up, etc. She needs more extensive work but we will tackle that after the teacher needs it. I will post pics after our celebration Friday (if we have school).

The tea is a ladies tea that we do every year at our local museum/historic house. The house was owned by a Civil War Doctor. The lady who usually runs the tea opted to not help this year and since I am the only one who drinks tea in the group, I was tasked with finding a tea. I bought an Earl Grey Creme tea (at the Spice and Tea Exchange) for the signature tea and we will have blueberry green tea and english breakfast as back ups.
Last year we displayed turn of the century ladies hats, tea pots, and dolls. This year we are displaying wedding dresses, photos and love letters.

That tea party really sounds like fun! I would LOVE to go to something like that! I LOVE historical textiles!

Well friends.... evening schedule changed up just a bit, so I got an unexpected evening at home! The only disappointment was the fact that I had been planning on grabbing Subway for dinner and since I didn't have to stay in town, I didn't get the sandwich. :rolleyes: Oh well.... saved myself about $7 (sandwich plus tax plus drink) and came home and made a lovely delicious HUGE bowl of veggies with chicken sausage for a mere 4 Points and definitely LESS than $7!

Still not sure if tomorrow will be a snow day for us or not. Part of me hopes for it, part of me hopes not. I am supposed to head to RI on Friday to pick up DD (she has a long weekend), but if this storm delays at all, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. We are under a storm warning from 7 am tomorrow until 7 am Friday. I'm not supposed to leave to pick her up until about noon, so fingers crossed things are clearing by then.

I am scheduled to work tomorrow, so if I don't have a snow day, I'm not sure exactly when I'll be popping on. For those on the east coast who are currently experiencing this storm and to those who are awaiting its arrival.... STAY SAFE, STAY WARM, and STAY ON TRACK! Don't let the weather give you any excuses! If I am home tomorrow I am COMMITTING to a double workout... TM time AND circuit training. PLEASE hold me to it! Remind me, cajole me, berate me! Love to you all.... TTY tomorrow...................P

Woohoo Wednesday-- I was gonna say I got nothing....one of those days. But then I remembered I walked outside for 75 minutes (it was 37 and sunny today) which is less than I had scheduled for the day, but more than I wanted to do (which is nothing!).

Green with envy here! I would love to walk outside but it is just to darn cold and people need to learn how to shovel their sidewalks!! LOL

Green with envy here! I would love to walk outside but it is just to darn cold and people need to learn how to shovel their sidewalks!! LOL

What is crazy is that last year I would not have walked outside at those temps! My thermometer has been reset. Yesterday it was in the 20s, lows single digits. I think our normal at this time of the year should already be int he 50s....But the sun was so beautiful today. And fwiw, I walked in the street. Most of the sidewalks were still snow covered and I am terrified of falling. I fell last week on the ice and luckily landed firmly on my bottom--lots of padding.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter