WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

Good morning, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! :) I'm extending self-love day to today. Despite little change in my measurements (which I expected, since I haven't really felt a change in my clothing in awhile), my weight was down further than I expected! :scared1:

Two woohoos on that - one is that I'm now almost half-way to my goal! The other is that my BMI is below 26!!! I haven't been below 26 since I was in middle school!!!! Yes, I'm only 25.9, but it feels AWESOME.

Plus, with the weight change, my WW points target went down to 28! So, now I am definitely taking Pamela's advice and trying to meet my target every day. On that note, I am in desperate need of easy 1-3 point snacks to add to meals. Next month, I will start cooking and I can just eat a little bit more than a serving, if the serving size has too few points. But, when you are eating out of a Smart Ones box, I can't eat any more than they give me haha

So, what are some ideas for healthy fat, low point foods that I can add to a meal or a snack? Right now the only things I have that fit that category are cheese and various types of chips. :rotfl:

WISHing everyone lots of love today - even if it is just self-love! Personally, my single self is choosing to stay OP today, and treat myself to a Snickers bar - something I have been craving all week! :)

I know its a splurge, but honestly, I don't have the money right now for anything I really want - like a mani/pedi or a haircut. I'm okay with it, though, knowing I've been good all week, and all day today. :banana:

Pulled out my old jeans that are a size smaller than the ones I currently wear, and was happy to notice that I can almost get them zipped. That felt pretty good.

Baked some cookies yesterday, and have cookies and brownies to bake today. Kills me to not be able to taste anything since I'm a perfectionist when it comes to baking, but hubby was a good sport and took one for the team.

:woohoo: How awesome about the jeans! And man, I would kill for your willpower!

DO you make your fat cry?? I sure do.. sometimes I am soo dreached at the end of my workout it looks like I took a shower already instead of needing one! but man those are the ones that make me feel really good!!

Haha I love this. Well, on the days that I have heat - which are becoming more and more frequent (score!), I am sweating away in the morning. I LOVE it! I was always one of those people who needs to "feel the burn" so to speak, to feel like I'm actually doing a workout. That's why I could never get into yoga. If it was too hot, I was slipping all over the place. If it was too relaxing, I didn't feel like I actually did anything. Of course, I know that's not true - pretty sure I felt it the next day! :rotfl:

I told myself that I could NOT come and chat with you all until I had done at least HALF of my "promised" workout.... but I was feeling lazy and I was afraid I'd do half and then quit.... so I did it all. It wasn't exactly "Biggest Loser" worthy, but it was a solid workout.... half TM, half free weights/circuit training. I hated EVERY MINUTE of it, but it is done and I admit I am glad I did it and pushed myself on the TM.

You got this, Pamela! Good for you for recognizing that doing it all together would get it done, without worrying about being lazy later. I am definitely guilty of procrastinating later if I break a workout up. WTG!

If you don't have gal friends to hang out with tomorrow (or even guy FRIENDS), how about a splurge night for yourself? A nice OP take-out dinner, perhaps a light cocktail (if that is something you enjoy), maybe a Redbox movie or a long bath.... you could even splurge on a mani-pedi or a new book. You are special and WONDERFUL and if you don't have anyone there to let you know that, then you need to spoil yourself!!

Thanks for all the ideas! I am going to have a nice Netflix night. :cool1:

Try it for a week (hitting your daily PP target) and see how it goes. HOnestly, sometimes it is scary to start adding those Points back in.... it feels like TOO MUCH food.... but try it for ONE WEEK. If you are really concerned, make sure it is really HEALTHY calories that you are adding, so at least you can think about how well you are treating your body and brain!

You're definitely right - I can't even imagine going into maintaining. I feel weird even eating big bites now! But, I am definitely going to make an effort now that I see I can eat the amount I'm "supposed" to, and still lose the weight!

I'm still nearly completed 4 weeks of being on Atkins. I'm starting to feel the difference in my clothing but no one is noticing my loss yet so the QOTD is very timely.

WTG with your clothes! That's a huge deal!

Eating is really good as well. Am rather proud of myself that I am back to eating slower and smaller portions. I realised that even though I cut down on portion size, my portions are still too big. I tend to make up bulk with veggies. While healthy this also means that I still stuff a lot into me and if I eat stuff that is not mainly veggies, I tend to keep those big portions. Would be helpful for maintaining if I were used to portions being smaller anyway as it will help me to stop eating in time.

Well, better veggies than something else! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough!

The scale moved down just a bit today.... not enough to be satisfying, but enough to at least know things are going in the right direction. With DS leaving for CR and school vacation coming up soon, I will have to be extra diligent that I don't let all of this be excuses to not eat right and to avoid exercise.

One step at a time - you got this! :cheer2:

This has been a bad week for me. I have been so sick I couldn't work out and nothing healthy sounded good to eat so it was a lot of carbs. I hope next week I can start to exercise some but I will not be able to go full out as I have a really bad sinus infection and cant breath.

Feel better! Hope you are on the way to recovery and will be able to jump back in soon!

I'm in week 12 but I feel like I'm in week 0.

Isn't that always how it is? :rotfl2:

DD-almost-7's birthday is Sunday, and we're gearing up! Valentine's dinner out with the family tonight, and then she has a movie party tomorrow - 10 little girls at the Lego Movie, I can't wait!

Glad to hear your weekend with sis was great, and happy birthday to your DD! :dance3:

SIDEWALKS??? What are those? At least you have them (even if they are under 12" of snow!)! No such thing here in the woods of NH. When I go out for a walk/run, it is on road.... and when there are snowbanks to dodge, it is nearly in the MIDDLE of the road!

Just 7 more days??!! WOW! Come on.... you can pull it together and finish STRONG! Just 21 meals (assuming you eat breakfast every day) of good healthy foods! Let the kiddos eat PB&J every day if it makes things easier for you! I see lots of apples, spinach, and green tea ahead this week!

We don't have sidewalks either in our town but the 2 towns the kids go to school in do. DS17 has been running in the road though, which makes me very nervous!!!

Yep, clean eating this week!! Lots of protein and veggies, little to no carbs. I'll carb load the day before the 10K and the 1/2. I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday, and I don't feel bloated and miserable.

I did hit the treadmill yesterday, did 3.1 miles. It wasn't a very organized run but my time was 13:43 mile which is my fastest yet. And mile 2 I ran about 3/4 of it at a 4.6 mph pace which was pretty comfortable.
Today I am going to walk 4 miles.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm out there what with all the severe weather. I live in Southern California and it's been in the mid 70s this week. My sons were just commenting on how fun it would be live where it snows.:rolleyes2

Tell them they can trade with my sons any time!!!
I can't even remember how many days we've been out, yesterday and today included. But I do know that DS17's graduation has been pushed back a week to June 20 so we are most likely going to miss our trip to France. Good thing I didn't book anything! But Dad's WWI events will be over before we can get there.

You will be, Buffy! :cheer2:

A week from now we will be done with our 5k! princess:

This is sooo crazy!! I feel like it's been forever since we registered but I can't believe it's already here!! I'm soooo excited!

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

I am writing this week off. Got my mile in every day and that needs to be good enough. I am still down 2/10 for the month, so better than nothing.:thumbsup2

Has anyone tried the Sabra Greek yogurt dips? The cucumber and dill is 40 cal per 2T with 2g of protein. And really yummy! After the disappointment with the oikos dips, I was really have to try this one. :goodvibes

We are getting snow late this afternoon/early this evening. I am hoping this is it for snow. :) I think Wednesday it is supposed to be 60! So excited.

Have a great Friday!

Willpower gave out when it came to the turtle brownies. :lmao: I was cutting them with a heart shaped cutter, and I was sticking a chunk off the outside of the cutter into my face before I realized what I was doing. Went ahead and ate a brownie because by then, what's the point, right? While I did eat it, I can say that I didn't enjoy it so much. Seemed like it was all sugar.

Still managed to sneak down another pound this week, despite my best efforts to sabotage myself. Walking is going well and although I'm not really pushing myself yet, I'm able to stick with it every day.

Snowing again today, and we're supposed to have a foot on the ground before monday. This winter has just been brutal.

Off to enjoy breakfast. Got two nice warm eggs from the girls this morning to have. :love:

Well, I'm down a pound. :banana:

Happy Valentines Day!

Well I better git so I can go do the thing and then go to work...

Hi Everyone

I am back. Been a rough 6 weeks or so with illness, university, job issues including having to work 200 miles from home, an office building move and then a holiday!!! I now have a working computer at home, so can finally get back together with you guys.

Weight-wise, the past few weeks have taken their toll and I am up 8lbs from my lowest, and am really struggling to get back on plan. Doing good for breakfast and lunches, but have not been getting to my evening meals until 9:00pm.......by which time I just want some quick junk before bed.

I am soooo cold all of the time...guess the massive weight loss is the reason, but it's causing me some significant problems, including blue lips!!!!! (Have been checked out medically and I'm fine, just freaky looking!!)

Holiday last week was just what I needed, time to chill with OH, ate far too much choc and stuff but just wanted to let go for a while.

The good news is I am still running, although not since last Saturday as I twinged my left quad last weekend, so decided to take it easy this week, but will be back on the 5K course at 9:00 in the morning.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all again for inspiration and support. Off to read the thread from the beginning now.

Helen

Hi.

Quick fly by post. My best friend's mother just passed away. Completely sudden - a heart attack that no one saw coming. Her father passed away four years ago after a long bout with cancer, and that was incredibly difficult. But, now she's three months away from graduation and... I'm at a total loss. We're the friends who go to each other for things and I know that there's nothing I can say or do to help.

So, I'm trying to wallow on my own, and hope that eventually, I can find a way to help her in a way that she needs. Trying not to wallow in chocolate.

:worried:

Hi.

Quick fly by post. My best friend's mother just passed away. Completely sudden - a heart attack that no one saw coming. Her father passed away four years ago after a long bout with cancer, and that was incredibly difficult. But, now she's three months away from graduation and... I'm at a total loss. We're the friends who go to each other for things and I know that there's nothing I can say or do to help.

So, I'm trying to wallow on my own, and hope that eventually, I can find a way to help her in a way that she needs. Trying not to wallow in chocolate.

Oh no, so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can understand that it's difficult to find the words, its such a helpless feeling. I know when my husband passed away two years ago it was nice to have my friends and family around to distract me and believe it or not, make me laugh through the tears. Rest assured just being there for your friend and holding her hand means a whole lot.:hug:

This has been a bad week for me. I have been so sick I couldn't work out and nothing healthy sounded good to eat so it was a lot of carbs. I hope next week I can start to exercise some but I will not be able to go full out as I have a really bad sinus infection and cant breath.

It seems like I always get sick right when I start working out.

So sorry you have been sick! :flower3: Rest and take all the time you need to heal.

Ugh! Up this week, but it's not unexpected. My weekend with my sister was wonderful, but we did indulge more than I'd planned for her birthday - lots of social eating, which is where I have the hardest time!

Happy birthday to your DD, Liz! party: Sounds like a great time with your sis and I'm sure you lifted her spirits. I know you will rock that half and spring is coming, baby! :cool2:

Good morning, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! :) I'm extending self-love day to today. Despite little change in my measurements (which I expected, since I haven't really felt a change in my clothing in awhile), my weight was down further than I expected! :scared1:

Two woohoos on that - one is that I'm now almost half-way to my goal! The other is that my BMI is below 26!!! I haven't been below 26 since I was in middle school!!!! Yes, I'm only 25.9, but it feels AWESOME.

:woohoo: Great progress! :yay: You are doing AWESOME!

I did hit the treadmill yesterday, did 3.1 miles. It wasn't a very organized run but my time was 13:43 mile which is my fastest yet. And mile 2 I ran about 3/4 of it at a 4.6 mph pace which was pretty comfortable. Today I am going to walk 4 miles.

:woohoo: By now in a week you will have your beautiful 10k medal! princess:

We are getting snow late this afternoon/early this evening. I am hoping this is it for snow. :) I think Wednesday it is supposed to be 60! So excited.

Spring is coming for you, too! :flower3: Kudos to you for keeping up your miles in all sorts of weather! :cool2:

Willpower gave out when it came to the turtle brownies. :lmao: I was cutting them with a heart shaped cutter, and I was sticking a chunk off the outside of the cutter into my face before I realized what I was doing. Went ahead and ate a brownie because by then, what's the point, right? While I did eat it, I can say that I didn't enjoy it so much. Seemed like it was all sugar.

It's never as good as you remember is it? :confused3 Sounds like you are right back on track now. :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

Hi Everyone

I am back. Been a rough 6 weeks or so with illness, university, job issues including having to work 200 miles from home, an office building move and then a holiday!!! I now have a working computer at home, so can finally get back together with you guys.

Weight-wise, the past few weeks have taken their toll and I am up 8lbs from my lowest, and am really struggling to get back on plan. Doing good for breakfast and lunches, but have not been getting to my evening meals until 9:00pm.......by which time I just want some quick junk before bed.

I am soooo cold all of the time...guess the massive weight loss is the reason, but it's causing me some significant problems, including blue lips!!!!! (Have been checked out medically and I'm fine, just freaky looking!!)

Holiday last week was just what I needed, time to chill with OH, ate far too much choc and stuff but just wanted to let go for a while.

The good news is I am still running, although not since last Saturday as I twinged my left quad last weekend, so decided to take it easy this week, but will be back on the 5K course at 9:00 in the morning.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all again for inspiration and support. Off to read the thread from the beginning now.

Helen

So nice to hear from you, Helen! :flower3: You were missed! ::yes::
You've come so far in the past year I have no doubt that you will be able to get yourself back in the groove.

So sorry to hear this. I know that you will be a great comfort to your friend. :flower3:

Oh no, so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can understand that it's difficult to find the words, its such a helpless feeling. I know when my husband passed away two years ago it was nice to have my friends and family around to distract me and believe it or not, make me laugh through the tears. Rest assured just being there for your friend and holding her hand means a whole lot.:hug:

So sorry for your loss, too. :flower3:

Kudos to you for getting on the TM. :yay: Your conditioning will come back faster than you know. ::yes::

I hope so!

Same to you, Pamela! :flower3:

:thumbsup2

Ugh! Up this week, but it's not unexpected. My weekend with my sister was wonderful, but we did indulge more than I'd planned for her birthday - lots of social eating, which is where I have the hardest time!

And then the winter continued - I got on the bike inside, which is great, but I am really missing running, especially with my next half just a month away! I'm going to one of our county rec centers this weekend to get a per-use pass so I can get on a treadmill and get the miles in. There's just too much ice here, and running in the roads is a Very Bad Idea. But I need to get those miles in!

DD-almost-7's birthday is Sunday, and we're gearing up! Valentine's dinner out with the family tonight, and then she has a movie party tomorrow - 10 little girls at the Lego Movie, I can't wait!

XO
Liz

Good for you for hitting the bike. Enjoy your family time this weekend!

Plus, with the weight change, my WW points target went down to 28! So, now I am definitely taking Pamela's advice and trying to meet my target every day. On that note, I am in desperate need of easy 1-3 point snacks to add to meals. Next month, I will start cooking and I can just eat a little bit more than a serving, if the serving size has too few points. But, when you are eating out of a Smart Ones box, I can't eat any more than they give me haha

So, what are some ideas for healthy fat, low point foods that I can add to a meal or a snack? Right now the only things I have that fit that category are cheese and various types of chips. :rotfl:

Healthy fats.... nuts, peanut butter, coconut oil, avocado. Low PPV snacks.... WW 1 PPV cheese sticks, Vitamuffins (although they are very pricey), FRUIT!!, veggie sticks and hummus, hardboiled eggs. Things to add to meals to "round them out".... brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, sweet potatoes, beans (whole or fat-free refried).

WISHing everyone lots of love today - even if it is just self-love! Personally, my single self is choosing to stay OP today, and treat myself to a Snickers bar - something I have been craving all week! :)

I did have a sweet splurge yesterday.... DD bought me a cup of Rice Krispie treat cubes (something fresh from a vendor at school). I shared the cup with DD and DS and it was DELICIOUS!! Hope you enjoyed your treat!

I know its a splurge, but honestly, I don't have the money right now for anything I really want - like a mani/pedi or a haircut. I'm okay with it, though, knowing I've been good all week, and all day today. :banana:

That's okay, as long as you aren't feeling unloved or deprived!

You got this, Pamela! Good for you for recognizing that doing it all together would get it done, without worrying about being lazy later. I am definitely guilty of procrastinating later if I break a workout up. WTG!

THANKS!!

Thanks for all the ideas! I am going to have a nice Netflix night. :cool1:

You're welcome!!

You're definitely right - I can't even imagine going into maintaining. I feel weird even eating big bites now! But, I am definitely going to make an effort now that I see I can eat the amount I'm "supposed" to, and still lose the weight!

I feel that way about being "FULL". I am SO USED to always being at least just a LITTLE hungry, that when I am not it feels "wrong". But since that sounds like a slippery slope to an eating disorder, I am VERY CAREFUL about it. I remind myself that it is okay to be NOT HUNGRY at least a few times a day.

We don't have sidewalks either in our town but the 2 towns the kids go to school in do. DS17 has been running in the road though, which makes me very nervous!!!

I can barely DRIVE on our local roads lately, so it seems like running/walking would be out of the question.... but I HAVE seen runners out there (even yesterday!), so I guess I'm not "DIE HARD" enough!:lmao: Tell DS to stay safe!

Yep, clean eating this week!! Lots of protein and veggies, little to no carbs. I'll carb load the day before the 10K and the 1/2. I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday, and I don't feel bloated and miserable.

WOOOHOOOOO!!

I did hit the treadmill yesterday, did 3.1 miles. It wasn't a very organized run but my time was 13:43 mile which is my fastest yet. And mile 2 I ran about 3/4 of it at a 4.6 mph pace which was pretty comfortable.
Today I am going to walk 4 miles.

GREAT!!:thumbsup2

Tell them they can trade with my sons any time!!!
I can't even remember how many days we've been out, yesterday and today included. But I do know that DS17's graduation has been pushed back a week to June 20 so we are most likely going to miss our trip to France. Good thing I didn't book anything! But Dad's WWI events will be over before we can get there.

Awwww... that is too bad. :(

This is sooo crazy!! I feel like it's been forever since we registered but I can't believe it's already here!! I'm soooo excited!

Getting excited for you!!

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

I am writing this week off. Got my mile in every day and that needs to be good enough. I am still down 2/10 for the month, so better than nothing.:thumbsup2

Has anyone tried the Sabra Greek yogurt dips? The cucumber and dill is 40 cal per 2T with 2g of protein. And really yummy! After the disappointment with the oikos dips, I was really have to try this one. :goodvibes

Glad you found an alterative!

Have a great Friday!

We are expecting more snow tonight as well.... I am SO DONE with this garbage!

I actually stuck a bit of marshmallow crispie treat into my mouth to "test" it when we were making them Thursday evening.... and then realized what I was doing and spit it in the sink!

Still managed to sneak down another pound this week, despite my best efforts to sabotage myself. Walking is going well and although I'm not really pushing myself yet, I'm able to stick with it every day.

Snowing again today, and we're supposed to have a foot on the ground before monday. This winter has just been brutal.

Off to enjoy breakfast. Got two nice warm eggs from the girls this morning to have. :love:

Stay safe in all of that crazy snow!

Happy Valentines Day!

Well I better git so I can go do the thing and then go to work...

WOOHOO on the pound!

Hi Everyone

Helen

Sorry things have been SO crazy, but glad it is calming down a bit! You are heading back in the right direction and we are here to help you get back on track, of course! Hope the quad heals quickly!! You have been missed!!!!

Hi.

So sorry for your friend. I can't IMAGINE losing a parent, especially at a young age. Wallowing in chocolate will NOT help you OR your friend, so step away! Concentrate your energy on helping your friend and being there for her.

Morning all from another part of the SNOW COUNTRY! So tired of this crap that keeps coming! And of course, more expected tonight. :faint:

Picked up DD yesterday, so that was a long drive, but worth it to have my little girl here with me for a few days. Of course, they are busy days. She has an internship application due at the aquarium in Boston this weekend, so today's activities include a round-trip to Boston to drop that off....:rolleyes2 Then picking up DS at his robotics activities in southern NH, driving home and then driving him and a friend to the Valentine's dance tonight and then going back to pick them up.... probably in the snow. :(

Tomorrow will HOPEFULLY be a bit relaxing, but DD needs a bunch of stuff so if we don't go out tomorrow, we will have to leave early Monday and shop on our way back to school.

If I don't get moving, I won't have TM time.... which I hate, but desperately need. TTYL...................P

Morning all from another part of the SNOW COUNTRY! So tired of this crap that keeps coming! And of course, more expected tonight. :faint:

Sorry for all the snow but I know that you will enjoy your time with DD this week-end, Pamela. :goodvibes:

Went to a different WW meeting today -- down 3.0 which puts me at 95% for the month and an all time low since starting WW. Had a great run this morning and I'm ready to rock the Princess this week. princess:

Went to a different WW meeting today -- down 3.0 which puts me at 95% for the month and an all time low since starting WW. Had a great run this morning and I'm ready to rock the Princess this week. princess:

WOOHOO!!!! WTG!

I need to run today, but it's snowing, again. I may just get up early and hit it in the morning. I seem to do better right when I get up before the day gets in the way.

Hey ladies :)

I am all caught up reading but decided to just jump back in here. I figured I could get here to post about 3 times a week and that's what it seems to be. It's great to jump on the app and report my minutes to the exercise thread or catch up reading, but I cannot do long posts with replies on my iPhone. I have in the past, but it's a lot of work and my eyes start getting blurry :rotfl2:

I can't believe all the snow the east coast has gotten! I hope you guys in New England are staying warm. It looks like you were getting a bunch more today. You guys go ahead and keep it :) I am going to say that I am thankful for the bitter cold because Lake Erie is frozen so we have gotten no lake effect snow this winter. We usually only get lake effect stuff, so it's been great not hearing that we have lake effect warnings all the time. But, like everyone else (except you Cali and Arizona girls), I am done. I am planning to grill out by the end of this week when it's 50 (even though it's going to be raining).

I weighed in and lost 0.2 pounds, which I'll take. I know I've eaten poorly the last 2 days. I stress eat and I have a few relatives (great uncle, uncle, and aunt) with health problems and I am a worrier. I haven't tracked my food since Thursday, so I need to make sure I do it tomorrow and stick with it.

Anyhow, it sounds like everyone is pushing through the weather and any other difficulties. I'll try to get back on as soon a I can. Have a great weekend.

Jill

I just realized yesterday that I worked out 5 days in a row this week--cardio plus alternating muscle groups. You people are inspiring. Have to share one of my V-day presents...Was sitting in bed watching tv and one of my kitties 'let one'. Was sitting there fanning away when my husband siad why don't you go get your fart blower I got you? Lol--what I thought was an mnm pez dispenser is my new mini fan cat fart blower...true love. :rotfl:

Sorry for all the snow but I know that you will enjoy your time with DD this week-end, Pamela. :goodvibes:

HUGE congratulations in the new WW low!! Bravo!!!!:banana: Proud of you!!!!

Hey ladies :)

I am all caught up reading but decided to just jump back in here. I figured I could get here to post about 3 times a week and that's what it seems to be. It's great to jump on the app and report my minutes to the exercise thread or catch up reading, but I cannot do long posts with replies on my iPhone. I have in the past, but it's a lot of work and my eyes start getting blurry :rotfl2:

I can't believe all the snow the east coast has gotten! I hope you guys in New England are staying warm. It looks like you were getting a bunch more today. You guys go ahead and keep it :) I am going to say that I am thankful for the bitter cold because Lake Erie is frozen so we have gotten no lake effect snow this winter. We usually only get lake effect stuff, so it's been great not hearing that we have lake effect warnings all the time. But, like everyone else (except you Cali and Arizona girls), I am done. I am planning to grill out by the end of this week when it's 50 (even though it's going to be raining).

I weighed in and lost 0.2 pounds, which I'll take. I know I've eaten poorly the last 2 days. I stress eat and I have a few relatives (great uncle, uncle, and aunt) with health problems and I am a worrier. I haven't tracked my food since Thursday, so I need to make sure I do it tomorrow and stick with it.

Anyhow, it sounds like everyone is pushing through the weather and any other difficulties. I'll try to get back on as soon a I can. Have a great weekend.

Jill

First of all... sorry for your worries and concerns. I will add your family to my prayers.

Next up... glad you managed a small loss. Hopefully that will keep you motivated and encouraged!

I just realized yesterday that I worked out 5 days in a row this week--cardio plus alternating muscle groups. You people are inspiring. Have to share one of my V-day presents...Was sitting in bed watching tv and one of my kitties 'let one'. Was sitting there fanning away when my husband siad why don't you go get your fart blower I got you? Lol--what I thought was an mnm pez dispenser is my new mini fan cat fart blower...true love. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Happy Sunday all!! Of course, I totally FORGOT that I was to step up and start coaching today!! So up next is today's tardy QOTD.

Things are finally sunny here after what seems like days and days of snow! Instead of hitting the TM, I grabbed a shovel and the snow blower and headed out to give DH a break from all of the snow removal. I do SO MUCH BETTER with workouts that are PRODUCTIVE. If I could figure out how to generate power from the TM, I'd be much more motivated to get on it!

I will have a NEW recipe to share this week. Just tried it on the family and it got 4 thumbs up!! It was really delicious. I found the recipe on Pinterest and of COURSE, couldn't leave well enough alone, so I tweaked it as I made it, even though it was the first time making it (reduced the sodium, sugar, and oil). Definitely a keeper!

Off to post a QOTD! Stay warm everyone!................P

A "fluff" QOTD for Sunday, February 16, 2014:

If you could have ONE FREE "domestic" to help for the rest of your life, which would you prefer??? WHY??

Cook/Chef?

Nanny?

Laundress?

Bathroom cleaner?

Dishwasher/kitchen cleaner?

Landscaper (winter and summer)??

Personal assistant (pay bills, answer phones, make appointments, etc)??

(I've been watching too much Downton Abbey I think!! :lmao: )...........P

First of all... sorry for your worries and concerns. I will add your family to my prayers.

Thanks for thinking of us. It's hard when relatives get older! Visiting with my 96 year old great aunt and hearing her complain about how she got weighed today and was mad made me laugh. She weighed 131 btw :) The visit lifted my spirits and hopefully everyone will get well soon.

If you could have ONE FREE "domestic" to help for the rest of your life, which would you prefer??? WHY??

Cook/Chef?

Nanny?

Laundress?

Bathroom cleaner?

Ooooohhh....I'll take a chef, please :) I actually enjoy cooking, but it would save me so much time! And, the chef could make me wonderful things that I have no idea how to make :lmao:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick check in before heading off to finish laundry and get some work done. Not much to say today since I was just here last night, so have a great day and I'll check in again soon.

Jill

Cook/Chef?

Nanny?

Laundress?

Bathroom cleaner?

Bathroom cleaner--for reasons obvious lol.

Good Monday morning all!! Here is your QOTD for Monday, February 17, 2014:

Are you a COLLECTOR? What do you collect? Do you believe that your collection enhances your life or just adds clutter? Do you think that there is any correlation between home clutter, emotional clutter, and weight issues?

Thanks for thinking of us. It's hard when relatives get older! Visiting with my 96 year old great aunt and hearing her complain about how she got weighed today and was mad made me laugh. She weighed 131 btw :) The visit lifted my spirits and hopefully everyone will get well soon.

Sounds a bit like my 91 y/o mother in law! She complains about her waistline all the time! :lmao:

Ooooohhh....I'll take a chef, please :) I actually enjoy cooking, but it would save me so much time! And, the chef could make me wonderful things that I have no idea how to make :lmao:

But you could learn how to make them, right??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick check in before heading off to finish laundry and get some work done. Not much to say today since I was just here last night, so have a great day and I'll check in again soon.

Jill

Glad you checked in!

Bathroom cleaner--for reasons obvious lol.
:rotfl2:

Morning all! Hope you are well and dug out from any weekend snow! Of course, we are expecting more tomorrow!! :eek: But it is only 2-4 inches and I cannot IMAGINE that the school superintendent would cancel AGAIN for just that little bit. DS leaves for Costa Rica at 2am on Wednesday, so as long as the roads and skies are clear by tomorrow night, I don't care what else happens!

Eating was all over the board this weekend.... some good healthy OP meals but some slightly over-the-top treats.... back on track FULLY this morning though.

Lots to do today and tomorrow, so I probably won't be around much. I'm driving DD back to school today and we will stop along the way for an eye dr. appointment, a quick stop to look for boots (hers are worn out), and then home this evening to make some significant progress on packing DS's suitcase! He and DH will be at robotics all this evening and tomorrow evening, so it is really up to me. I am working BOTH jobs tomorrow so other than tonight I will really only have about 2-3 hours tomorrow night to finish the washing/ironing/packing process! I THINK we have bought everything he needs... new shorts (he outgrew nearly every pair he owned), new t-shirts (just a few), unders and sox (always need those, right?;) ), meds (I want him to have every OTC med that could possibly be needed.... JUST IN CASE!). I know that having some basic OTC meds really helped DD when she has traveled before.... who wants to ride on a plane for 7-8 hours with an upset tummy.... or WORSE!?? I told him I'd rather throw away a new package of Pepto that he didn't use, than have him NEED it and not have it!

Off to move laundry along! I think I've got the last of DD's stuff in the washer now. We are leaving here at 10:45 so fingers crossed that most everything gets dried in time!!

TTYL..........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter