WISH Away The Pounds - Awesome August Challenge - Everyone Welcome

Hi Guys

Just had to share......been to Slimming World group tonight and the most amazing thing happened............

They voted me Woman of the Year!!!!!

That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations!

I have t had any time to catch up here. I have been keeping up with MFP, the exercising thread and sending weight updates but I haven't had the time to catch up in this thread! Hopefully tomorrow, but hope everyone is doing well with their goals this month. Hard to believe its almost September!

Hi Guys

Just had to share......been to Slimming World group tonight and the most amazing thing happened............

WomanoftheYear_zpsab8a8228.jpg

:cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo: Great job! And I LOVE the shoes!!

Jill, I loved your lunch QOTD even though I had nada to add to the discussion -- a new question and really, really great one! ::yes::

Hi Guys

AWESOME!!!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2: You look great!! I remember your pics from a few months ago when you had on that huge shirt! You are doing so good! What an amazing inspiration! :thumbsup2

Okay.....so today was a very bad day for watching what I ate. I know we are supposed to have strategies for bad days, go work out instead of eating, clean your house, whatever....I don't find that works. HOW do you implement that? Am I the only one that struggles with eating out of frustration/anger?

Nope! Not at all! That is the hardest time for me to "be good" on my diet. When I get frustrated or angry I always want to just give in and have something comforting & yummy. Most likely trying for that dopamine rush of goodness....... which usually involves sugar, fat & salt......... and sometimes all three rolled up in chocolate!! Thank God Costco stopped selling those big tubs of salted chocolate caramels!! :rotfl2: Usually when I get to that point, I just try to limit the damage and own up to what I am doing. Then try to get back on track asap! :goodvibes

=======================

Its been a super busy week at work and I am even home now on "stand-by" to work overtime! I must be crazy...... or greedy :lmao: But then I have my week off and the weather looks good for getting some yardwork in and also some pool time for tanning!!:cool1:

I have almost got my costume complete pirate: and its getting me even more excited about our trip!! It's certainly is getting me more motivated to stick to my diet & exercise routine too! I have decided to try a 30 day squat challenge that I found on My Fitness Pal. I am just a little terrified to do it since you end up doing 250 squats by the end of the month. :faint: But I am going to try anyway! BTW, my name on MFP is lindaland1 if any of you want to add me! It would be fun to have a fellow disser to share with! :thumbsup2

Hope you all are having a great week!! :goodvibes

Usually when I get to that point, I just try to limit the damage and own up to what I am doing. Then try to get back on track asap!
I know, but I just shake my head at myself as I'm doing it going "why?", "why can't you just stop doing that??" and I reply "I don't care!", which is a lie. Sigh....struggles...but, back on track now, hoping WI on Friday isn't back to my starting weight.....

Eliza!!!! wooo hooo!!! congrats!!! :rockband:

i'm here so you all can motivate me to the gym! I got called to work yesterday and did a casual walk with my neighbor last night, getting me my 10,000 steps even though I didn't officially workout. but i'm dragging this morning. I feel like a bad mom all my friends posted these first-day-of-school photos of their kids on FB and I didn't even get out of bed to see my daughter off! she understands though...mom doesn't function before 8-9 a.m.

i'm really swollen this week, will not be a good WI I fear.

what do you all think about adding in a MFP list of usernames to our beginning start up information?

I know, but I just shake my head at myself as I'm doing it going "why?", "why can't you just stop doing that??" and I reply "I don't care!", which is a lie. Sigh....struggles...but, back on track now, hoping WI on Friday isn't back to my starting weight.....

For me, part of "owning up to it" is accepting I am off plan and then just enjoying the ride!! But then again, I have an Italian mother who is a devout Roman Catholic......... it takes way more than a diet slip up to send me on a guilt trip!! :rotfl2: But I am glad you're back on track and I am sure your WI wont be as bad as you feel right now. Besides...... its football this weekend...... it can't be all bad!! :banana:

i'm here so you all can motivate me to the gym! I got called to work yesterday and did a casual walk with my neighbor last night, getting me my 10,000 steps even though I didn't officially workout. but i'm dragging this morning. I feel like a bad mom all my friends posted these first-day-of-school photos of their kids on FB and I didn't even get out of bed to see my daughter off! she understands though...mom doesn't function before 8-9 a.m.

i'm really swollen this week, will not be a good WI I fear.

what do you all think about adding in a MFP list of usernames to our beginning start up information?

Don't feel like a "bad mom" for not posting your pics!! When my DD was in school, we didn't have FB, and back then we had to pay by the minute when we were on the internet! :scared1: Although sometimes I think that might be a good thing to go back to since that would at least get more people off their butts and out in the real world. :yay:

Also I agree with the MFP listing on the first page. It is fun to have friends to support you (which is why we are here anyway) and also kick you in the butt a little when you need more encouragement! :woohoo:

================

Didn't get called in last night, but I had already drank my coffee when I got up expecting to go in to work, so needless to say I did not sleep well last night. I am still working up the energy to do at least a little workout before starting my squat challenge. We'll see how that plays out today! :rolleyes1

Hi everyone!! I was away during the weekend and finally am getting back to posting!

Helen, congratulations, you truly earned that award!! :cheer2:

Somehow the weekend mixed up eating - why can't I eat healthy when I am travelling????? I am trying to get back into the proper routine and was doing ok until I found some fantastic French cookies that my sister brought back for me from her vacation...

If you guys want to PM me your MFP names (or whatever they're called) I'm happy to add them to post #3, anything that helps has gotta be OK, right????

Thanks for all of the good wishes over my award. I am truly surprised that I was chosen as there were a couple of others that I thought would do better than me. Apparently everyone likes the recipes I post on the group FB page!!!

I will be totally off the diet this weekend. Going to London as the rugby team that OH supports have made it to the final at Wembley. Earl of Sandwich for lunch, and 5 Guys before we come home at 7:00pm ish. Hope neither of them disappoint!!!

Eliza -- thanks for adding our MFP (My Fitness Pal app) names! I can help you edited them into that post too if you are busy!

I did go to the gym...you guys worked me out good and proper! thank you!

So that's 4 MFP names updated in post #3.......anyone else need adding?? (Thanks for the offer to help ohMom)

Looking forward to getting your weights in tomorrow........don't worry if you're late as I'm away 'til Sunday again, so will update the spreadsheet and colours then

Have a good weekend everyone, and hope the scales are kind!!!!!

And, as we don't have a QOTD or anything, I'm putting up my 'fun' one........... What is the dodgiest album in your record collection??? Mine's definitely Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits!!!

So that's 4 MFP names updated in post #3.......anyone else need adding?? (Thanks for the offer to help ohMom)

Looking forward to getting your weights in tomorrow........don't worry if you're late as I'm away 'til Sunday again, so will update the spreadsheet and colours then

And, as we don't have a QOTD or anything, I'm putting up my 'fun' one........... What is the dodgiest album in your record collection??? Mine's definitely Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits!!!

My username is the same here and at MFP.

Yes definitely add mine too it's intrinsicat on MFP

Funny on the music my tastes run the gamete but probably Don Juan DeMarco soundtrack is up there - I had to have the Bryan Adams song Have You Ever Loved A Woman when it came out in the movie. But the rest of the CD is bleech.

We have WW over here too, Slimming World is more popular though as there are a lot less restrictions and no Slimming World branded foods - it's all based on normal ingredients available in the shops - not a ready-meal in sight!!! They've been running a trial in Texas for a couple of years and I believe it's quite popular.

Good morning :)

I just realized that although I've been reading along, I haven't posted because I haven't been on the computer. So I'm replying with my phone right now. I am going to get in later with the computer & reply to other posts. Have a great Friday & see you again soon :)

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter