• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

So I have been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and today is my free day....... All I can say is....... Seriously!!!! And since when is a serving of a cinnamon roll only 1/3 of a roll...... Who only eats 1/3 of a cinnamon roll???? I am calling shenanigans!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I must agree....many "serving sizes" are so whack and unrealistic!

Well...... it seems I have killed the thread!!! :scared1:

Sorry about that..... :sad:

Don't worry...I'm guilty of that on occasion!:thumbsup2. They all do eventually return!

Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks to 50'sJayne for last week)

QOTD Saturday 6th April 2013:

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'

Definitely! More fresh in-season fruits and veggies in the summer and fall...more stews, soups, and other warm comfort foods in the winter!

Good morning all! So I have bounced back from Easter finally on the scale which I'm happy about :) today I am going to work on a picket fence for our front yard. I have been working on this project since last July/August and would really like to get it done this weekend....I'm pretty close. Of course that just means I can start the back privacy fence project...lol! Actually I will probably try to whip out some garden boxes next. We really enjoy squash so I would like to at least get some squash plants going if nothing else. I ended up cutting down 6 foot pickets for my fence because it was actually more cost effective so I have a lot of short cedar pieces I plan to use for garden boxes and planters. We also eat more fresh foods in the summer....they're easily available and more affordable. It is supposed to be super nice here today so we will spend most of the day outside....hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

What a nice project you are working on. I like doing projects like that, but sadly I rarely have time for them.

Happy Saturday to you all! Here at the robotics competition again today. Yesterday they didn't do great with the scoring, but ended the day winning the award for Imagery! Fingers crossed that today's remaining matches go well!

Despite being surrounded by "stadium food" yesterday, I managed to stay right OP, although I didn't get any "real" exercise, outside of climbing up and down lots of stairs to my seat. And I've already climbed up and down about 5 times today already!:thumbsup2 but I will have to plan on a solid 30+minutes of real exercise Sunday thru. Thursday this week to make up for none since last Thurs.

Lunch today will be another trip to the grocery store...today we will get salad bar. Also brought along some cheese sticks and figs for snacking on this morning.

Off to continue cheering! .........P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy weekend! I really have no plans this weekend, so I am pretty happy. I already did 1/2 of my grocery shopping for next week. I usually plan meals from Saturday-Friday. I try to grocery shop on Fridays or Saturday mornings. I wanted to go to Sam's Club since I haven't been for awhile. It's about 20 minutes away, so we left right after the kids got out of school. I got most of what I needed (plus more, of course). I enjoy shopping there because whatever I buy makes 2 or more meals. So, I still need to hit another store tomorrow for some small things (I really didn't need 18 rolls for DHs meatball sandwich dinner :lmao:). That's my only real plan.

I have a horrible headache today and can't get rid of it. I think we are supposed to be getting rain tomorrow, so that's probably why. I did manage to take the dog for a 30 minute walk at the park with DH, so that was nice. It's still pretty chilly, but it was sunny :)

I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I have to be honest, I worked out Tues-today, ate pretty good, and I feel so big! I feel so bloated :( I am really not expecting a loss of all, which is pretty sucky. I hope I feel lighter soon!

Have a great night! I'm off to chillax :goodvibes

Jill

Sorry about the headache. Hope you feel better today! Hopefully the scale wasn't too disappointing. Good job getting outside yesterday.

Keep sending in those weigh-ins everybody!

I weighed-in the same this.. l guess it is good that it isn't a gain :thumbsup2

But I have been super hungry, or maybe just snacking because I am sitting at my desk :confused3 I ate a whole container of raspberries :scared1: plus 2 Atkins bars (which I only usually have for a quick snack or meal on the go) :scared1: PLUS I don't think I will have time to get to the gym today :mad: Oh well, I have stuffed mushrooms waiting at home for dinner so I know those will be low calorie :thumbsup2

Raspberries are a great "high volume" snack for those really hungry days!

I am on track to meet my goal this month and I really believe that being on this and the exercise thread are keeping me motivated and accountable!! Totally happy!! :cool1:

I have also started using MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food. Its been working great so far, but it might explode on my free day today!! I have never really tracked a free day so this will be a real eye opener!! :thumbsup2

Have a bunch of errands to run today and lots of shopping to do. My toe doesnt hurt at all today so I might be able to get in a nice walk!! If nothing else, I wonder if I can count shopping at Costco as an activity? :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great day! :goodvibes

Glad your toe doesn't hurt. Costco definitely counts for an activity as long as you don't stop at every sample station!:rotfl:

I think I'm pretty well caught up for now!............P

I am in it to lose it!
Will do my first weigh in on April 12th
Goal for April will be ten pounds from 12-30

Wanting 10 off each month until Sept 1 which means I will be at goal for first time in 18 years! WDw trip to motivate me!

Exercising 5 days a week and replacing all dinner meals with spinach, kale, fruit smoothie!

Next month trying Jillian shred!

Robotics team got picked to be in an alliance for quarter finals and are tied 1-1 in a best of three! Pixie dust in the next 10 minutes PLEASE! ..........P

Well my experiment in tracking my free day was quite alarming!! I did track everything (no matter how painful it was) and decided that while I enjoy my free day, I do not enjoy tracking it!! :rofl:
I will still track my food, mainly because I like the scanny thing on the phone, so I am just going to have to scale back my free day!! :)

Now I am at flyball practice with the pups! It's so fun to see all the dogs having such a great time!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!

QOTD Saturday 6th April 2013:

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'

Thanks for coaching! My eating habits don't really change, our weather is usually good enough to BBQ all year plus, we have veggies and fruit all year being so close to CA! But I would like to visit more farmers markets... think that will be another goal of mine this year ::yes::

I am in it to lose it!
Will do my first weigh in on April 12th
Goal for April will be ten pounds from 12-30

Wanting 10 off each month until Sept 1 which means I will be at goal for first time in 18 years! WDw trip to motivate me!

Exercising 5 days a week and replacing all dinner meals with spinach, kale, fruit smoothie!

Next month trying Jillian shred!

:welcome: I will add you!

Robotics team got picked to be in an alliance for quarter finals and are tied 1-1 in a best of three! Pixie dust in the next 10 minutes PLEASE! ..........P

pixiedust: Good Luck! pixiedust:

So DF got a Mr. Beer kit for his bday last month and his first batch of homemade beer was ready today! Since he has been so into beer making, he has also been into bread making using the wort (yeast) from the beer asd a starter. Tonight I made a fabulous dinner... grilled lime and cilantro marinated steak, grilled balsamic asparagus, and homemade bread brushed with EVOO and garlic and also grilled...Went perfectly with the homemade beer :love: And it was a wonderful reward after all the exercise I did today (35 mins strength, 60 min zumba class and a hour swimming with the kids)! I did exceed my carb limit since I enjoyed a beer and a half slice of bread, but so worth it :) :thumbsup2

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hello everyone. Good to see that in response to yesterdays QOTD, we all want to eat more fresh fruit and veg, and would all like to visit Farmers Markets more. If only our weather was good enough to BBQ!!!! We get about 12 weeks like that a year, if we're lucky. Last summer was a complete washout for us, with floods everywhere.

So, as we're all doing really well with our monthly goals, I thought I'd see what support we're all getting.......

QOTD Sunday 7th April 2013

What is the one thing that your nearest and dearest could do to help you on your weight loss/maintenance journey that they aren't doing already??

Mine would be for DH to take more interest in meal planning...don't get me wrong he's great at coming shopping, carrying the bags, helping me cook and does the dishes...but he always asks what are we having for breakfast/lunch/dinner?'. Would be nice if I didnt have to plan it all sometimes.

Have a great day, I'll look in on you all later.

What is the one thing that your nearest and dearest could do to help you on your weight loss/maintenance journey that they aren't doing already??

Mine would be (in all love) to get off his duff!! He is a software engineer so he sits most the day and when he is home he comes in and sits...we have a farm that could use some TLC..always something to do outdoors, but nothing motivates him to MOVE! We built a pool 3 years ago, that has helped in the summer months to get him outdoors..so that is a good thing...but can only swim 4 months of the year..
He has agreed to my replace dinner with a smoothie (spinach/kale/fruits) for a month plan..I think having the weight come off will help him get motivated to move...he needs to lose 60 pounds and I am needing the last 45-50 off...

Thanks for the welcome! WISH got me to my lowest in 18 years of 172...about 5 years ago, I ballooned up to 265 and lost 75 through last year...so this year is the end all be all...goal by September 1. It will be HARD, it will cause loud cries of angst and pain, but no longer will I be overweight...too many years passed with the extra weight...I managed to stay in the 140s for 10 years, I can do it again...but for now 150s is my goal...have no clue what this body will look like at 150! :)

Pulling for you all to make each day a winning day by LOSING!! :)

Mine would be for DH to take more interest in meal planning...don't get me wrong he's great at coming shopping, carrying the bags, helping me cook and does the dishes...but he always asks what are we having for breakfast/lunch/dinner?'. Would be nice if I didnt have to plan it all sometimes.

Have a great day, I'll look in on you all later.

Oh my! I guess everyone must be out enjoying nice weather :)

I totally agree with you on this QOTD. I wish DH would help a little more with the meal planning. He will grocery shop (if I ask-I actually like shopping) and he either makes dinner or assists me. He does dishes, also. But, I like to plan a weekly menu at a time. I wish he'd look for some new healthy recipes that sound good since he's the picky one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spent a beautiful 70 degree day outside at the park with the kiddos. Yay! I also decided to get on the 30 Day Shred bandwagon :) DSs start soccer next week & I won't be able to go to my circuit training class T/Th anymore :( So, I can only make it to the gym on Wednesdays. I figured I can do 30 day shred & add cardio every other day, too. I'm going to take my measurements tonight & see how it goes.

I've had a really OP weekend for a change, so I'm pretty happy :) I hope the rest of you had a great weekend as well.

Jill

This is a tough one!! Being single, I don't have a DH to plan & workout with and I do think it is absolutely my responsibility to loose my weight. After all I am the one who put it on in the first place. However, I do wish my DD would work out with me more. She is great at doing hikes/walks when we get the chance, but at home or on my weeks I work, she does very little. Often I am the one working out while she is on the computer or watching TV. I do feel alone at times (most times) when it comes to getting in shape so in that regard I would like more support & just having a workout buddy. She is also bigger than me and I really don't want her to let that get in the way of finding a BF and starting her own life like most girls her age are doing. However, this has been a battle we have been having for years and at this point I have to just focus on myself and getting healthy. :cheer2:

Also it really is my job to get in shape, with no excuses. All my female cousins have had some form of weight loss surgery, and my sister was the freak of the family that could eat anything she wanted and is still thin & fit. I don't have the money, nor the inclination to have surgery for weight loss and I truly believe that I can achieve my goals through exercise & a lifestyle change, so I will continue on my path until I reach my goal. I am determined to get in shape, and having less than stellar help, is just another hurdle to overcome. I WILL REACH MY GOAL!!! :cool1:

I am jealous of you all who have DH's help with meals! DF almost never helps plan, shop for, or make meals... Only in rare cases where I have to work late and cannot get home to do it first. For the most part I don't mind, I do love cooking! But it can get old real fast when I always have to do it. To be fair he sometimes throws together lunches for the kids on weekends since I am typically at the Y during lunch on weeekends. Plus, the other night I told him I wanted to go to the Y after work as I hadn't gotten a chance to workout yet that day. He did it all! Picked up the kids, got homework done, made dinner, cleaned up and gave DD her bath! :love: So I guess if he did that more (how about everyday :rotfl:), it would definitely help!

Will be updating post 3 tomorrow, so if you haven't already, send in those weigh-ins! :yay:

:thumbsup2
This is a tough one!! Being single, I don't have a DH to plan & workout with and I do think it is absolutely my responsibility to loose my weight. After all I am the one who put it on in the first place. However, I do wish my DD would work out with me more. She is great at doing hikes/walks when we get the chance, but at home or on my weeks I work, she does very little. Often I am the one working out while she is on the computer or watching TV. I do feel alone at times (most times) when it comes to getting in shape so in that regard I would like more support & just having a workout buddy. She is also bigger than me and I really don't want her to let that get in the way of finding a BF and starting her own life like most girls her age are doing. However, this has been a battle we have been having for years and at this point I have to just focus on myself and getting healthy.

Also it really is my job to get in shape, with no excuses. All my female cousins have had some form of weight loss surgery, and my sister was the freak of the family that could eat anything she wanted and is still thin & fit. I don't have the money, nor the inclination to have surgery for weight loss and I truly believe that I can achieve my goals through exercise & a lifestyle change, so I will continue on my path until I reach my goal. I am determined to get in shape, and having less than stellar help, is just another hurdle to overcome. I WILL REACH MY GOAL!!! :cool1:

This really touched me, reminded me of me and my mom... You know you can't push her but hopefully you can INSPIRE her! You are doing so great... as she can see your results, hopefully she will strive to make her own positive changes :cheer2: :goodvibes

I tried to get caught up but I'm just to far behind on the thread! I'll have to start fresh tomorrow. I had a good week last week even though it was a rough start. Tomorrow is aquafit too so that's good :)

:thumbsup2

This really touched me, reminded me of me and my mom... You know you can't push her but hopefully you can INSPIRE her! You are doing so great... as she can see your results, hopefully she will strive to make her own positive changes :cheer2: :goodvibes

Thanks!! You're right, I can only be a role model at this point. The last time I lost a bunch of weight, she would not give up a thing, she would make rice or pasta to go with meals that I wouldn't cook. At least this time she no longer does that and is trying to also be low carb. :cool1: That's another reason I am so keen to go hiking or for walks, and joined an agility team with the pups. Those are her interests and I can at least get her moving a bit more now. :thumbsup2

I will just keep trying my best, and eventually I will get there. :goodvibes

And BTW.... your dinner with the homemade beer & bread sounded soooooo good!!!!

Good Monday morning everyone.

I can't wait till the warm weather gets here. We live near the coast and the sea breeze is very cool this time of year. I had the window open yesterday and we had to close it because it got too cold.

My dh doesn't plan meals or cook but he does clean the dishes and doesn't complain about what I cook. If he is still hungry later he may have a snack.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Morning all! Sorry I didn't make it back on at all this weekend....time just got away from me!

DS's Robotics alliance ended up with some bad luck and didn't advance past the quarter finals. One of the robots in their alliance threw a wheel in the third round and was essentially dead in the water. That being said, their alliance only lost by 11 points and if that robot had been working properly they would have DEFINITELY won their round and advanced to the semi-finals. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, right??? The kids seemed to take it well, but I felt especially bad the the Seniors in the group to end their robotics years on a down note.

I ate well over the weekend, considering all of the obstacles put in front of me (away from home, off schedule, 12+ hours in the car), but exercise was lacking.

I am not working today, but have plenty to do to keep me busy here.... plus I pick up DD early on Mondays so that she can make it to practice by 3:30.... and after practice today we are going shopping for a PROM dress!! :cutie:

I will spend just a few minutes here trying to catch up on what I missed yesterday and then I must dash!.....................P

I can't wait till the warm weather gets here. We live near the coast and the sea breeze is very cool this time of year. I had the window open yesterday and we had to close it because it got too cold.

My dh doesn't plan meals or cook but he does clean the dishes and doesn't complain about what I cook. If he is still hungry later he may have a snack.

I hear you about the sea breeze..... but we had some nice weather here yesterday and actually opened just one window for a few hours. The breeze was a bit chilly, but the air smelled so fresh and spring-like! And I actually got a load of jeans hung on the clothes line!! Hope your week is happy and healthy and fun!

I tried to get caught up but I'm just to far behind on the thread! I'll have to start fresh tomorrow. I had a good week last week even though it was a rough start. Tomorrow is aquafit too so that's good :)

I feel that way sometimes..... just jump in where you can and start there!

Oh my! I guess everyone must be out enjoying nice weather :)

I hope so!

I totally agree with you on this QOTD. I wish DH would help a little more with the meal planning. He will grocery shop (if I ask-I actually like shopping) and he either makes dinner or assists me. He does dishes, also. But, I like to plan a weekly menu at a time. I wish he'd look for some new healthy recipes that sound good since he's the picky one.

I'm VERY fortunate that my DH is not picky. He has only about 3 things that he says NO to every time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spent a beautiful 70 degree day outside at the park with the kiddos. Yay! I also decided to get on the 30 Day Shred bandwagon :) DSs start soccer next week & I won't be able to go to my circuit training class T/Th anymore :( So, I can only make it to the gym on Wednesdays. I figured I can do 30 day shred & add cardio every other day, too. I'm going to take my measurements tonight & see how it goes.

I've had a really OP weekend for a change, so I'm pretty happy :) I hope the rest of you had a great weekend as well.

Jill

Great job creating a PLAN to stay in shape!! I hope you enjoyed your 70 degree day! I'm so jealous. We were excited to hit the low 50's here yesterday (and hopefully again today).

Mine would be (in all love) to get off his duff!! He is a software engineer so he sits most the day and when he is home he comes in and sits...we have a farm that could use some TLC..always something to do outdoors, but nothing motivates him to MOVE! We built a pool 3 years ago, that has helped in the summer months to get him outdoors..so that is a good thing...but can only swim 4 months of the year..
He has agreed to my replace dinner with a smoothie (spinach/kale/fruits) for a month plan..I think having the weight come off will help him get motivated to move...he needs to lose 60 pounds and I am needing the last 45-50 off...

It sounds like you are married to my DH! He is also an engineer and "flies a desk" for a living.... and when he is done working.... he "flies a recliner" in front of the TV! He is making some strides though and seems to find time to hit the hotel TM when he is away.

Thanks for the welcome! WISH got me to my lowest in 18 years of 172...about 5 years ago, I ballooned up to 265 and lost 75 through last year...so this year is the end all be all...goal by September 1. It will be HARD, it will cause loud cries of angst and pain, but no longer will I be overweight...too many years passed with the extra weight...I managed to stay in the 140s for 10 years, I can do it again...but for now 150s is my goal...have no clue what this body will look like at 150! :)

Pulling for you all to make each day a winning day by LOSING!! :)

SO HAPPY to welcome you back to the WISH boards!! This is going to be an amazing summer for you, I can just tell!!

Hello everyone. Good to see that in response to yesterdays QOTD, we all want to eat more fresh fruit and veg, and would all like to visit Farmers Markets more. If only our weather was good enough to BBQ!!!! We get about 12 weeks like that a year, if we're lucky. Last summer was a complete washout for us, with floods everywhere.

Hopefully Mother Nature will be kinder to you this summer!

So, as we're all doing really well with our monthly goals, I thought I'd see what support we're all getting.......

Hard to say. The first few years I was on this journey it was really tough because DH was taking absolutely NO CARE of himself. It was a daily routine of homemade popcorn (cooked in oil and coated in real butter), ice cream every night, ZERO movement or exercise, unhealthy carbs, pizza, beer etc. In addition to being NO HELP to me with my weight loss, I was VERY concerned about his health and I had personally diagnosed him with sleep apnea (which he VEHEMENTLY denied). He has a strong family history of adult onset Type II diabetes and I figured we were just a few years away from that diagnosis in him. It was VERY HARD to try to maintain a good healthy eating pattern for myself and the kids with this kind of influence around (that being said, I DID IT!! :thumbsup2 ).

His accident two years ago was really a blessing in disguise. His forced weight loss (mouth wired shut for 8 week) really propelled him in the right direction and he continued to lose weight in a reasonably healthy way (if you consider Atkins healthy) and at least moves a little more often (although daily exercise is still not happening). And he has taken a big interest in overall health, not just weight loss. And that has made it MUCH EASIER for me to feed us ALL a much healthier diet!

Okay.... that doesn't really answer the QOTD, does it?? He could make it easier for me by helping more around the house. It would make more time for me to be able to do meal planning and get the regular exercise that I should without stressing myself about doing so much else.

Thanks for coaching! My eating habits don't really change, our weather is usually good enough to BBQ all year plus, we have veggies and fruit all year being so close to CA! But I would like to visit more farmers markets... think that will be another goal of mine this year ::yes::

You must get the most amazing produce living in CA!!

So DF got a Mr. Beer kit for his bday last month and his first batch of homemade beer was ready today! Since he has been so into beer making, he has also been into bread making using the wort (yeast) from the beer asd a starter. Tonight I made a fabulous dinner... grilled lime and cilantro marinated steak, grilled balsamic asparagus, and homemade bread brushed with EVOO and garlic and also grilled...Went perfectly with the homemade beer :love: And it was a wonderful reward after all the exercise I did today (35 mins strength, 60 min zumba class and a hour swimming with the kids)! I did exceed my carb limit since I enjoyed a beer and a half slice of bread, but so worth it :) :thumbsup2

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

YUM!! DH got one of those Mr. Beer kits for Christmas, but I don't think he really has any interest in it. Wish you were closer and I could give it to you! For now it just takes up room in the garage.

Well my experiment in tracking my free day was quite alarming!! I did track everything (no matter how painful it was) and decided that while I enjoy my free day, I do not enjoy tracking it!! :rofl:
I will still track my food, mainly because I like the scanny thing on the phone, so I am just going to have to scale back my free day!! :)

Now I am at flyball practice with the pups! It's so fun to see all the dogs having such a great time!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!

Good for you for tracking the entire day. It gives you a good idea of where you stand for the week. And hopefully helps motivate you to be able to make healthy choices, even on "free" day!

Okay..... I'm pretty much caught up. Computer is acting up and I can't open email, so I need to shut down for now. I'll BBL to chat if I have time! For now I have clothes to hang out, beds to make, and I MIGHT make it outside for my exercise today!!:thumbsup2 .......................P

Good morning everyone!:wave2:

Just got back yesterday from another great trip to the Mouse!::MickeyMo It was busy but not super crowded and there was SO much to see with the Flower and Garden festival going on. This year had a ton of booths selling stuff including and F&G version of food booths. Unfortunately, we were only there for a few hours and the DH is not one to poke around booths with me. I could easily have spent at least a day and half there racking up credit cards!:hyper: We did get to see the Turtles perform and they were hilarious!::yes:: Cracking jokes about their age throughout the show and they even had what we affectionately nicknamed "Grandma Groupies"!:love:

I even managed to be pretty good about my eating weekend eating. We went to a brewhouse in Orlando on Friday night. Thankfully, the skinny margarita stunk, so I didn't even finish it. Had shrimp scampi for dinner which was way overdone with lemon, so I didn't even eat much of that. Saturday morning, we took the Wonder Mutt and our friend's dog for a one hour walk and the weather was beyond beautiful!:beach: I did have a couple of Bailey's when we were watching British Revolution in the UK but no pretzels!:yay: We stopped at this burger place on the way home and I chowed on a pretty good veggie burger, but since my stomach felt a little off on the way home, the only thing I drank around the fire that night was water. So I'm glad to say I did pretty well considering. Until we ordered Italian when we got home and I ended up having three dinner rolls with my ravioli. Oh well, can't win them all.....:(

Changing up my eating the habits this week with limiting my carb intake from bread and pasta (even the whole wheat stuff!::yes::). Even the DH is on board with trying something new! Our friends made us these Herbalife meal shakes (mint chocolate, yum!:banana:) So we ordered a container and are going to start having 1-2 of those a day. The DH has already lost 5 pounds over the past couple of weeks and I was SO happy to hear that! :dance3: I'm hoping just making these few minor changes will get my scale moving in the right direction for both of us before we hit the skies for Italy.:worship: Which prompts me to ask this: I've read it takes 21 days for a change to become habit. What is one small thing everyone does to change their eating habits? I'm hoping maybe I can get some good suggestions here.:woohoo:

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Just returned from a little spring break trip to sunny Arizona. :sunny: It was fun and we were able to see both sides of the family but also a tad stressful as I especially am feeling the pinch of being the sandwich generation. :crowded:.

So I am starting here and saying hello to everyone :wave2: and pixiedust: for those who need it.

Tonight I made a fabulous dinner... grilled lime and cilantro marinated steak, grilled balsamic asparagus, and homemade bread brushed with EVOO and garlic and also grilled...Went perfectly with the homemade beer And it was a wonderful reward after all the exercise I did today (35 mins strength, 60 min zumba class and a hour swimming with the kids)! I did exceed my carb limit since I enjoyed a beer and a half slice of bread, but so worth it Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Sounds delicious! ::yes::

I'm with you, Helen, I would like some help in the planning, shopping, meal prep department, too. DH will do things if asked but think of it on his own, not so much. But most of all, I would love for my DH to do a better job of taking care of himself. :lovestruc

Thanks for the welcome! WISH got me to my lowest in 18 years of 172...about 5 years ago, I ballooned up to 265 and lost 75 through last year...so this year is the end all be all...goal by September 1. It will be HARD, it will cause loud cries of angst and pain, but no longer will I be overweight...too many years passed with the extra weight...I managed to stay in the 140s for 10 years, I can do it again...but for now 150s is my goal...have no clue what this body will look like at 150!

Pulling for you all to make each day a winning day by LOSING!!

:woohoo: You are doing great! Your goal is right around the corner. :yay:

I've had a really OP weekend for a change, so I'm pretty happy I hope the rest of you had a great weekend as well.

Glad you had a nice week-end and hope that you got to relax a bit, Jill! :flower3:

Also it really is my job to get in shape, with no excuses. All my female cousins have had some form of weight loss surgery, and my sister was the freak of the family that could eat anything she wanted and is still thin & fit. I don't have the money, nor the inclination to have surgery for weight loss and I truly believe that I can achieve my goals through exercise & a lifestyle change, so I will continue on my path until I reach my goal. I am determined to get in shape, and having less than stellar help, is just another hurdle to overcome. I WILL REACH MY GOAL!!!

You will reach your goal! :cool1: It is tough to wait for our loved ones to make the decision to get healthy but hopefully some of your success will inspire DD. :teeth:

I am jealous of you all who have DH's help with meals! DF almost never helps plan, shop for, or make meals... Only in rare cases where I have to work late and cannot get home to do it first. For the most part I don't mind, I do love cooking! But it can get old real fast when I always have to do it. To be fair he sometimes throws together lunches for the kids on weekends since I am typically at the Y during lunch on weeekends. Plus, the other night I told him I wanted to go to the Y after work as I hadn't gotten a chance to workout yet that day. He did it all! Picked up the kids, got homework done, made dinner, cleaned up and gave DD her bath! So I guess if he did that more (how about everyday ), it would definitely help!

Maybe if you can get him to sign on for one night a week and work up from there! :goodvibes

I tried to get caught up but I'm just to far behind on the thread! I'll have to start fresh tomorrow. I had a good week last week even though it was a rough start. Tomorrow is aquafit too so that's good

Don't worry about keeping up, just jump in where we are. Have fun at aquafit! :fish:

Hi Dona! We had a couple of days of spring like weather. Hope some sunshine comes your way soon! :sunny:

I ate well over the weekend, considering all of the obstacles put in front of me (away from home, off schedule, 12+ hours in the car), but exercise was lacking.

I am not working today, but have plenty to do to keep me busy here.... plus I pick up DD early on Mondays so that she can make it to practice by 3:30.... and after practice today we are going shopping for a PROM dress!!

So sorry about the robotics malfunction, Pamela. :flower3: Sounds like the boys took it well. Have fun shopping for prom dresses. princess:

Changing up my eating the habits this week with limiting my carb intake from bread and pasta (even the whole wheat stuff!). Even the DH is on board with trying something new! Our friends made us these Herbalife meal shakes (mint chocolate, yum!) So we ordered a container and are going to start having 1-2 of those a day. The DH has already lost 5 pounds over the past couple of weeks and I was SO happy to hear that! I'm hoping just making these few minor changes will get my scale moving in the right direction for both of us before we hit the skies for Italy. Which prompts me to ask this: I've read it takes 21 days for a change to become habit. What is one small thing everyone does to change their eating habits? I'm hoping maybe I can get some good suggestions here.

Sounds like a fun time at WDW, Kim! :smickey: It won't be long at all until you are heading off to sunny Italy! :cool1:

For changing habits I say pick one thing and when you have that down, pick another. I think it is natural to want to hurry things along and do everything but then you just get burned out and overwhelmed. :faint: Well, I do anyway. ;)

I returned from vacation weighing exactly what I weighed when I left so I consider that a success! :thumbsup2

Have a great day all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter