WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

You've had a tough week. And now that you are heading into a vacation it will be even tougher (although I sympathize, as I TOTALLY LOVE pierogies!). Get back on track the best you can, RIGHT NOW. And STAY ON TRACK until your feet are on Disney property. Make the BEST choices you can while in Florida, but ENJOY a few treats as well.

But MOST IMPORTANT?? HAVE A PLAN ready in place for when you return. Your first day at home, BACK ON TRACK with FOOD and EXERCISE!! Leave yourself a meal plan to follow when you get back. Have your exercise schedule written up to see.... post it on the fridge or the bathroom mirror. Have some easy OP meals ready in the fridge/freezer for when you return. Be ready to join us again. We all have times when we "fall out of the wagon". But it is the folks that CLIMB BACK IN and DON'T LOOK BACK that are succcessful in the long run!!

Thanks for the encouragement!:love: I will try to do my best this weekend even though I know a visit to Chili's and a pizza are in the making. I see lots of salads in my foreseeable future!!!

Breakfast was a yummy tofu/egg white/salsa scramble with a 1 Point cheese stick on the side! Lunch is going to be a Morning Star Farm veggie patty on a low carb roll, steamed broccoli, and a grapefruit. I am out of salad greens and DD is skipping swim tonight to study for three exams tomorrow, so I may end up dashing out this afternoon to grab some veggies at our nearest Mom & Pop market (40 minutes round trip). Then tonight will probably be pierogies (frozen.... not those yummy sounding homemade ones that Flossbolna was talking about), for DD and a big salad for myself with some leftover from last night (creamy southwest chicken and black beans). That will get the fridge cleaned out. I need to figure out what my Mom and DD will be eating on Friday night and Saturday morning, plus I may pack lunches for us to have in the car for our day in Maine on Saturday.... or we may just grab Subway along the way.

Off to check up on my FB friends and family. Just a quick reminder to them (and to you all) to vote for my DD in that scholarship that I PM'd most of you about! Just a few more days, I promise! Voting ends 4/15 and you can vote every day!

BBL to chat.......................P

I've tried tofu at PF Chang's but haven't tried to make it myself yet. What kind do you use and can you find it in a regular grocery store. Or will a trip to Whole Foods be in my near future?:confused3

I've tried tofu at PF Chang's but haven't tried to make it myself yet. What kind do you use and can you find it in a regular grocery store. Or will a trip to Whole Foods be in my near future?:confused3

It is VERY plain tasting. You absolutely must mix it with something. I have seen it at most of my regular grocery stores. I prefer to buy the non-GMO type. Soy is a highly genetically-modified crop and is hard to avoid in most packaged foods, so I definitely opt for non-GMO when ever possible!

I buy the Nasoya brand non-GMO whole soybean "lite" firm tofu for myself (for stir-frying and scrambles) and the "lite" silken tofu for DS's morning smoothies. I buy it at Market Basket, Shaw's, Hannaford, and Stop N' Shop (which I believe are all local New England chains). I haven't checked for it at Trader Joe's and I don't have any Whole Foods near me. HTH.............P

Not Friday yet so I'm a little afraid to jinx myself, lest I somehow gain 5 pounds overnight but this morning I reached a major milestone for myself - 20 pounds lost!! I am so thankful for these threads & this group. I know I'm pretty quiet here but I read along regularly and take down pointers & tips and am so motivated by each of you. :) Still a ways to go for me but I'm more than halfway there and finally starting to SEE a difference. I've been FEELING a difference but it's pretty reassuring to finally be able to see it too!

Not Friday yet so I'm a little afraid to jinx myself, lest I somehow gain 5 pounds overnight but this morning I reached a major milestone for myself - 20 pounds lost!! I am so thankful for these threads & this group. I know I'm pretty quiet here but I read along regularly and take down pointers & tips and am so motivated by each of you. :) Still a ways to go for me but I'm more than halfway there and finally starting to SEE a difference. I've been FEELING a difference but it's pretty reassuring to finally be able to see it too!

:cool1::banana::yay:

Congrats-- and thanks for sharing with us.

Lindaland--good job on the tickets!

PJlla: If you pm'd me I accidentally deleted all my pms yesterday cleaning out the folder. I was going to catch up on pm's yesterday and was appalled that I erased everything. Please send me that link so I can vote for her!

I also found some bagels at grocery Outlet yesterday that have no high fructose corn syrup and no trans fats and they are good! And already cut--which is nice.

Which brings us to the quotd.

Just thought I would update everyone.

Still on my high.

11 pounds and just under 2 months from my Disneyland goal. Hit a bit of a plateau. Gotta power through it though.

I know I ask this every challenge, but there are certain utensils in my kitchen I think are absolute genius.

QUOTD Thursday April 4

What are your top 3 favorite kitchen gadgets.

Mine are hands down--my handheld lime squeezer--No.1, my bagel cutter, and I've really started to enjoy my food processor lately.

Have a great day!

I need some help. I have a cocktail dinner coming up on the 27th and I have no idea what to wear. I am no where near where i want to be with my goal and am ready to burst into tears everytime that I even have to think about buying a dress. What do you do to help feel better when you are in this situation?:offtopic:

penguin1102 said:
I need some help. I have a cocktail dinner coming up on the 27th and I have no idea what to wear. I am no where near where i want to be with my goal and am ready to burst into tears everytime that I even have to think about buying a dress. What do you do to help feel better when you are in this situation?:offtopic:

I know this feeling so well....

Usually I have a drink at the dinner/party and that helps.

Seriously... New fantastic shoes, jewelry or accessories like a bag.

And I also end up trying to work out and eat better until the event so that at least I feel better at the moment (sore from a workout or flatter tummy bc of lower carbs).

WOOHOO! Even if the scale isn't where you expect in the morning, just the fact that you are feeling a difference and feel like you are on the right track is GREAT!!

C
PJlla: If you pm'd me I accidentally deleted all my pms yesterday cleaning out the folder. I was going to catch up on pm's yesterday and was appalled that I erased everything. Please send me that link so I can vote for her!

Will do!! :thumbsup2

I also found some bagels at grocery Outlet yesterday that have no high fructose corn syrup and no trans fats and they are good! And already cut--which is nice.
Which brings us to the quotd.

I don't buy bagels often, but I'd love to hear about some healthier options!

Still on my high.

11 pounds and just under 2 months from my Disneyland goal. Hit a bit of a plateau. Gotta power through it though.

Hope the plateau is short lived and that you can continue to lose at a healthy pace!

I know I ask this every challenge, but there are certain utensils in my kitchen I think are absolute genius.

QUOTD Thursday April 4

#1. Food scale!!

#2. Measuring spoons

#3. Sharp paring knife.

(I know.... boring list!)

One word for you.... JACKET!!! I think a plain color jersey dress that clings just in the right places (for me that is either a wrap style or something with an empire waist seaming) and top it with a fun jacket! I prefer something styled like a denim jacket (they make them in lots of pretty and funky fabrics these days) or an unstructured blazer. Maybe try a chunky funky necklace or a bright scarf to draw attention up to your face.

FWIW, I've had great luck buying those jersey style dresses both at Target and at Macy's.... I have a black sleeveless, purple 3/4 sleeve, bright blue 3/4 sleeve, and three prints (1 long sleeve two short sleeve). I wear them with different jewelry and different jackets to mix it up. They have some stretch and can fit a few different shapes and sizes of folks pretty easily.

If I could add one more word.... SHAPE WEAR!! It might not take you from a size 12 to a size 2, but it certainly helps in most situations!! DD and I both own a few different types/styles/colors and wear them whenever we need a little extra "suck it in" power! They also help keep things from being droopy and jiggly! :lmao: Again, Target and Macy's work for these. Spanx is the "top" brand but Maidenform makes a few good ones. Target has a brand called "Assets" that is excellent too. Good luck!

I know this feeling so well....

Usually I have a drink at the dinner/party and that helps.

Seriously... New fantastic shoes, jewelry or accessories like a bag.

And I also end up trying to work out and eat better until the event so that at least I feel better at the moment (sore from a workout or flatter tummy bc of lower carbs).

I so agree with all of this!

Evening friends! Housework isn't done yet, but I am totally exhausted! I haven't stopped today! I just need to vacuum downstairs and will have completed my list for today, but I am not sure if I will get to it. I've had a headache brewing all afternoon.

I'm not sure about the wi-fi availability tomorrow (I'll be in Maine at DS's robotics tournament). If I have it, I'll definitely be popping on during the day. Otherwise it maybe be tomorrow night or possibly even Sunday before I get a chance to chat again.

I will say prayers tonight that everyone sees a number that makes them happy on the scale tomorrow (including myself!). March seemed to be so rough for many of us... we need a GOOD start to April!

Off to vacuum (probably) and then choose my evening snack!.............P

Dreading tomorrow's weigh in ....I just hope I have recovered from Easter. I used my 3/31 weigh in as my official starting April weight and was BAD Easter day. At this point I am hoping to not have to report a gain.

QUOTD Thursday April 4

Mine are hands down--my handheld lime squeezer--No.1, my bagel cutter, and I've really started to enjoy my food processor lately.

Have a great day!

I have a love/hate relationship with our utensils. They seem to pile up, and then I have to do the Peter Walsh technique for paring them down, and then I have to actually stick to getting rid of the ones I never use, and then the whole cycle repeats. That said...there are some I love!

1) The food scale has precious countertop space and gets a lot of use.

2) My Pampered Chef chopper thing - not the one you whack from the top, but the mini-chop thing. Like a tiny manual food processor. It does a great job with onions, which are brutal on my eyes!

3) One more Pampered Chef thing - the small microwave steamer. I should probably get the large one, too, but the small one gets *tons* of use for both frozen and fresh veggies and keeps the stovetop from getting cluttered when I just need to steam something up.

I would find a black dress that doesn't make you want to cry and that doesn't cost a lot (Target, etc. - or shop your closet!) and then build onto it with a swank new piece of jewelry. And/or shoes. And/or bag. Those things can stick with you when the weight comes down and you buy the LBD of your dreams!

I just finished the dinner plan for next week (tomorrow to next Thursday). It's a weird week because we'll be eating out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week for school fundraisers and our usual eat-out nights. Tomorrow is spaghetti and sauce with one of my frozen sauce containers (check me out, using something I made and froze in portions!). Monday is taco night.

And Saturday and Sunday are new recipes. I just got Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook. I wouldn't have gone out for it myself, but my sister is a fan and offered me her Amazon pre-order after having decided to buy an autographed copy instead. :) I have her first one but have just made a couple of things from it - I have another bad kitchen habit of picking up cookbooks that look good and then never actually working from them! Trying to change that.

So anyhoo. She goes a bit farther down some roads than I care to, but I like a lot of the general ideas she espouses about eating healthy, whole foods, and I like that this new book has no sugar. Sweeteners are natural and spare. There's very little dairy, and *lots* of gluten-free. I'm not GF, but I've thought about trying to reduce my gluten intake to see how I feel when I do that.

Both recipes for this weekend come from the kid-friendly section. Saturday night will be the Italian-Style Fish Fingers, and Sunday night will be the Japanese Chicken Meatballs. Both sound really yummy! We'll do them up with fresh veggies and a pesto dipping sauce for at least the chicken, if not also the fish. Yay, cooking adventures!

XO
Liz

I agree with everything everyone said above really seconding the spanks idea and how about scouring thrift shops? That's what I do when I'm in between weights lol. And you can find some great stuff.

Had an amazing workout. Killed the new elliptical for a half hour then my old one was available so I did 45 minutes on it. Then I did all my weights and PT exercises. It was all so easy. Things are getting much easier for me I noticed. The thing I really noticed this week was my bike ride to work--it's just not the effort it used to be to get up the overpass. So far so good with the Garcinia Cambosia--it does seem to give you more energy and less appetite. I didn't lose anything in a day but noticed I was down a % in body fat.

Quotd April 5 Friday:

What's your favorite spring flower or tree?

Mine is the Tulip tree. They are so beautiful it makes me angry at our way of treating trees in general....

:banana: woohoo! Congrats!

Still on my high.

Hope you find middle ground :hug:

QUOTD Thursday April 4

Have a great day!

My KitchenAide stand mixer.. I use it for not so healthy stuff mostly (bread and cupcakes and frostings ect) BUT it makes my life so much easier!

My toaster oven! I love cooking something quick in there... cheese crisps on low carb tortillas or other quick easy dinners... without having to heat up the whole house (very important when it is 110 degrees!).

DF.. greatest chopper of veggies ever!

If I could add one more word.... SHAPE WEAR!! It might not take you from a size 12 to a size 2, but it certainly helps in most situations!! DD and I both own a few different types/styles/colors and wear them whenever we need a little extra "suck it in" power! They also help keep things from being droopy and jiggly! :lmao: Again, Target and Macy's work for these. Spanx is the "top" brand but Maidenform makes a few good ones. Target has a brand called "Assets" that is excellent too. Good luck!

THIS :)

I'm not sure about the wi-fi availability tomorrow (I'll be in Maine at DS's robotics tournament). If I have it, I'll definitely be popping on during the day. Otherwise it maybe be tomorrow night or possibly even Sunday before I get a chance to chat again.

Good luck to DS!

I will say prayers tonight that everyone sees a number that makes them happy on the scale tomorrow (including myself!). March seemed to be so rough for many of us... we need a GOOD start to April!

March was good for me.. April not so much so far, up a pound! :( So I will take your prayers :upsidedow

Dreading tomorrow's weigh in ....I just hope I have recovered from Easter. I used my 3/31 weigh in as my official starting April weight and was BAD Easter day. At this point I am hoping to not have to report a gain.

:hug: Right there with ya! :goodvibes

Well, I have been on track this WHOLE month :rotfl: Including eating right and exercising about an hour a day! But as I said, I am up a pound... guess I did worse on Easter than I thought... Oh well, at least we have quite a ways to go so I have time to meet my goal! Can't weight :-))) to see everyone's AWESOME results this weekend!!

Quotd April 5 Friday:

Mine is the Tulip tree. They are so beautiful it makes me angry at our way of treating trees in general....

Guess I haven't really paid enough attention to flora... I don't know what the spring plants are! :rotfl: But we usually plant zinnias in the garden and they are pretty!

As far as MOTIVATION.....

"Life never gets easier, you just get stronger."

I am going to repeat that often today as I get things done.

I LOVE THIS!!!! I will be repeating it often when I work out!! :thumbsup2

I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I will not eat the cream cheese pretzels in America, I WILL NOT EAT THE CREAM CHEESE PRETZELS IN AMERICA! Aaaaggghhhh!!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Best of luck to you on that!! You will do fine I am sure, and if you slip up a bit, enjoy it and get back on your plan. But remember the point of a vacation is to relax and ENJOY yourself. :goodvibes

WOOHOO on booking your flight! DD and I REALLY want to take a graduation Mother/Daughter trip to WDW in May, but DH is very resistant to us doing this and I am still working on convincing him....:worried:

I highly recommend that you take the trip!! The only thing you will regret is NOT doing it! Pretty soon she will be grown and off on her own and your chance of having this special time with her will be gone. I really hope you get to take the trip!! :goodvibes

That's fantastic!!!! :cool1: You're doing a great job!!! :thumbsup2

Love the Spanx idea!!! They are great for a night out when you don't want to feel all jiggly! Also if you are not comfortable wearing a dress, perhaps a flowey skirt that doesn't cling too much might make you feel better. All the suggestions have been great, especially the one about having a drink, relax and enjoy yourself. The people that invited you did so because of who you are, they wont have a scale at the door. :cheer2:

Off to vacuum (probably) and then choose my evening snack!.............P

Hope your head feels better!! And thanks for the prayers!! I for one will take all the help I can get!! :rotfl:

So much stress over a number!!! I always try to remember that the number on the scale is just that, a number. It is not a measure of my worth, or how much I am loved. It does not represent how good I am at my job, or what I can achieve. It is never equal to the number of laughs I have with my friends and family. I have finally decided that it certainly is not worthy of any more self hate or despair. Besides...... it will just change the next time and all that anxiety and stress will have been for nothing. :goodvibes

Had an amazing workout. Killed the new elliptical for a half hour then my old one was available so I did 45 minutes on it. Then I did all my weights and PT exercises. It was all so easy. Things are getting much easier for me I noticed. The thing I really noticed this week was my bike ride to work--it's just not the effort it used to be to get up the overpass. So far so good with the Garcinia Cambosia--it does seem to give you more energy and less appetite. I didn't lose anything in a day but noticed I was down a % in body fat.

That is an amazing feeling and it gives you so much inspiration to continue!! Total awesomeness!!! :cool1:

Well, I have been on track this WHOLE month :rotfl: Including eating right and exercising about an hour a day! But as I said, I am up a pound... guess I did worse on Easter than I thought... Oh well, at least we have quite a ways to go so I have time to meet my goal! Can't weight :-))) to see everyone's AWESOME results this weekend!!

Good for you!!! It was a hard start but I hope you keep up your mastery over this month! :goodvibes

QUOTD Thursday April 4

1. My Pampered Chef hamburger smasher thing, (not sure what it is really called) I thought it was the dumbest gift ever, and now I use it all the time!!

2. My knives!! I love a good knife, it just makes preparing everything so much easier!!

3. My Foodsaver! Another thing I thought I would never use, and yet it has proven to be the best money saver ever!!! I vacuum seal everything now!

Quotd April 5 Friday:

I would have to say Crocus flowers. They usually come up at the end of summer and it always makes me feel like no matter what the weather is like, spring will be here soon! As for flowers that come up IN the spring, it would be the daffodil. I love seeing those all around (and they are hard to kill so I can actually grow them!)

===============

Well today was great! I checked out the kennel and it looks perfect! She met the 2 older dogs and it looks like they will have plenty of room to be housed together with lots of room to run when they want, however at 13 & 9, they don't "run" often without needing lots of aspirin afterwards!! Now even more excited for the tournament in May!! :cool1:

Exercise wise, it was not what I planned. I had just bought us new walking shoes and we were shopping for groceries when I kicked the crap out of the cart!!! :scared1: Ended up ripping off my little toenail and my shoe had blood all over it!! Needless to say, my hiking/walking plans are put on hold for a while. So when I got home I instead used my bike!!! Still got in a good workout, I just had to change it around to fit my new needs. And hopefully the weather will be better on my next week off so I will be able to get in some hikes/walks then. Also I am soooooooo excited that I turned pink in the "Active in April" exercise challenge!!! :yay:

So now with my foot propped up on the couch, I will enjoy my drink and watch some "Voice" I recorded earlier in the week and then let my DD cook dinner! :thumbsup2

Have a great night everyone and an amazing day tomorrow!! :goodvibes

Morning everyone (It's Friday already here!!!)

QOTD for yesterday, my favourite spring flowers are definitely daffodils. They're cheap to buy (about 50p - 70c a bunch) and the lovely sunny yellow colour reminds me that it's spring even when the weather seems to have forgotten!

I am going for my first ever breast screening this morning....I've been called up as I'm approaching that certain age...we get it free every 3 years here in the UK. Hopefully everything will be fine, I've no reason to believe otherwise.

So, after a disheartening 'stayed the same' at slimming class this week, I jumped on the scales this morning to stare at an unbelievable 207, so that's 2lb off of the 7 I hope to lose in April. A good start.

Off to take a shower now, then out for the check-up and on to the hairdresser. Will be back this afternoon to see if you have all woken up to a lovely sunny day like I have. I'm looking forward to coaching for a week from tomorrow, got some questions written up ready to go!

Quotd April 5 Friday:

Lilacs are my FAVE!

Uuuggghhh!:furious: Just as I figured, the scale was definitely not my friend this week. Up almost 2 pounds!:scared1: I haven't had this big of a gain in a really long time. It's amazing how much the running helps keep the weight under control and how quickly it comes back when you stop.:sad: However, with that being said, I will keep that ugly number in mind this weekend as I traipse through Epcot and try to make good choices.::yes:: I'm starting to think though, that line of "it took all this time to gain it, it will take some time to lose it", is a bunch of horse hockey! :faint:

Moving on to the QOTD's, I love my Pampered Chef chopper thingie, would LOVE a great knife set (which unfortunately equates to big $$), and my toaster oven. Since there's only 2 of us, we can usually cook what we need in that instead of wasting all that electricity to heat up the regular oven.

As for flowers, I have the biggest black thump on the planet, but I love those mixed colors of parrot(?) tulips. I think that's what they're called. I love any flower that's multicolored. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter