WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

Happy MONDAY everyone!! Here is your QOTD for today!!

QOTD for Monday, April 22, 2013:

In honor of Earth Day....

How aware are you of your carbon footprint? Have you made changes at any point in your life to try to reduce that carbon footprint? Do you think leading a healthier lifestyle helps or hinders efforts to lead a more "green" life??

...............................P

HAPPY EARTH DAY!! Happy 15th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom!!! Wishing I was there today!

Thought I'd share some pics with you from my lovely day out yesterday.........

This one shows the ruins of Whitby Abbey (Dracula anyone??), the view from the Abbey after we'd walked up the 199 steps, and a picture of the beach huts from the top of the cliff above.

This one shows a little row of cottages at Robin Hoods Bay (I have a watercolour done of this pretty area that a friend did for me) and finally a picture of me!!! (I don't usually publish pics of me, but I can see the weight loss, so am sharing this one!) It's an 'in' joke as Draper was my maiden name!!

How delightful that you get to see and experience such GREAT history while getting exercise!!!

Quick update. :)

Eating over the weekend--not so great. Exercise--not so great, though I did do my mile a day. :)

Good for you for keeping up with the daily mile!

Dog--still not sleeping so well. We are trying everything we can, so hopefully sooner or later something will work. I am beyond the exhausted point. It's so funny, because he loves his crate during the day. He goes in there and just hangs out. We have started shutting the door during the day, so that he stays awake and moving around. Anyhow, fingers crossed for tonight.

I am very excited, because received email confirmation that Mike and I are going to be able to volunteer again in May at GKTW. So that is something to look forward to.

Have a great night. :)

What a wonderful volunteer experience that must be!

Oh my. I don't know how parents do the college choice thing. And the costs! I'm glad I have a few (well, 8) years left before I really start worrying. I'll probably have a mental breakdown when DSs move away!

I am already crying on a regular basis, just thinking about her being away!

How was the race? DS (will be 10 on race day) and I found a local 5k to raise money for 2 local animal rescues in May. We are thinking of running and I thought about making shirts that say "Running for Boston." I hope you had a good time!

What a nice idea! How about the t-shirt also acknowledges his birthday? Something like "Wish me a happy birthday while I run for Boston!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good evening. I had a pretty good day other than the fact I am starving right now. I didn't want to eat anything else, but I grabbed a few Stacy's Pita Chips. I love them. And, a few won't kill me (hopefully :rotfl:)!

I really hope I can find time to post this week. I graded all the tests I gave this past week and am all ready for this week. I have an IEP due in a week, so I have to work on that . Plus, all my IEP progress reports are due next week. I hope I can use my lunch break and planning period to focus on those. Then I have 2 more IEPs to do before school is done. One of those is a girl that just moved in on Friday. Yep, just met her Friday and I get to report on her progress and write goals for her to meet over the next year by May 5. Sometimes I just shake my head. 30 days left, 30 days left :rotfl2:

I'm off to put away the pita chips before I eat too many and finish watching a movie.

Jill

Hope you got all of your work done over the weekend. And aren't the expectations and "rules" about special ed (as it relates to the State specifically) nuts??? Even if a PARENT no-shows or cancels an IEP meeting 10 times, you STILL somehow have to get the paperwork done and in on time??:confused3 Nutty rules!!

I made 70 bucks at the Flea Market yesterday and got rid of a ton of clutter in the basement. We are going to do it again in May and this time I will be better prepared.:yay:

WOOHOO on extra $$!!

Tracking my food is going OK. I am hanging in there. Exercise has fallen off the last few days. I am going to be doing a lot of it today from landscaping, mowing, planting and my workout.

I am hoping to get some landscaping/raking exercise in this week myself if it will ever warm up!!:rolleyes2

Today is a NEW DAY, NEW WEEK! Have a good one!

Here is my quote of the day via Tumblr.

"First we form habits, then they form us." .....Jim Rohn

THanks for that!

Morning all!!

DD and I had a FABULOUS walk outside yesterday!! Two full hours and about 6+ miles (including some good hills!). Dinner was a delicious and light homemade pizza loaded with veggies.

I've already been out the Y for morning swim practice (we are attending a.m. practices this week because she is on school vacation) and I did a full hour on the TM (although I had to slow down a bit at about the half way mark....my empty belly was really dragging me down!). Got home, made breakfast for 3 of us (DS is still sleeping) and on with my day!!

So much to do around here.... housework, yard work, getting ready to be away at my WW training next weekend.... can't seem to wrap my mind around ALL of it!

Off to find a new recipe to post!......................P

Just have a couple of minutes before work. Sorry I haven't been on, I caught up a little on my phone. Been spending a lot of time with the kittens and this is my 6th day straight working. Been kind of exhausted all week, I think the tattoo is kicking my old lady butt. I think my body is treating it as a horrible affront to it, but it's healing well. Also haven't been able to work out because of gym germs, sweating and water but been riding my bike when I can to work. Was looking online last night for pictures of Cleo as my next tattoo but I need to get back on track just to finish earning this one...You know it's funny--Pinocchio has never been my favorite Disney movie but the characters are my favorite, especially Figaro and the Blue fairy.
I am dreading this day. My friend is not going to be at work and my boss is back after being gone a week because of her Dad. I guess he's doing better so that's good but she's barely tolerable on Mondays when all is well with her. I am exhausted also. My mental state has really deteriorated lately, I'm really just worn out and ready to just quit everything. If it weren't for the kittens I'd be a real mess. And of course I've been eating everything in sight. Well I have to go try to look presentable and not be too late.

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day, or at least managing to deal with the things that are making it a not-so-good day!!

I love the Carbon Footprint QOTD. Green issues are in my portfolio at work. At the moment we're concentrating on getting our commercial recycling sorted. Batteries, paper, cardboard, you name it, I can get money for it. It's a thriving market in the UK.

We're also taking a close look at the amount of mileage we do in the name of work. We have around 1400 employees, but in the last year we have done in excess of 3 million miles!! and that doesn't include travel to/from work. I guess it's always going to be high as we deliver community nursing services, but I'm sure we can cut it back a bit. In the summer months, some of our nursing staff who have short rounds of visits are going to use cycles.

Personally, I did my bit today too. I got OH to drop me off at work this morning, then I walked home tonight (3.26km in 33 minutes - think that's about 2 miles). It's the third time I've walked somewhere instead of using the car this week, and it's good for me too.

We're having a huge salad for tea, with baby potatoes, curried rice salad and home made scotch eggs. All good healthy stuff and allowed on my diet. Can't wait to see what the scales say this week!!

Look forward to hearing about your various days later.

But the good news is that after having avoided the scale for a week because it just was so frustrating, I stepped on it this morning and I am finally down!!! I was stuck at one "lowest weight" for nearly a month now, I fluctuated up and then down, but never below that number. Today the scale was 300g below, that is about 0.7 pounds!! Not a great loss, but it was just so wonderful to finally see something happening on that scale again!!

And I guess it is also a great motivation to take with me on my vacation to avoid overindulgence there!

If I don't have the time to post between now and when I am leaving: I hope you all have a lot of success in your weight loss journey's! I will see you again in the middle of May to restart mine and hopefully won't bring to many souvenir pounds with me!! :goodvibes

Magdelene have a GREAT time on vacay! It's less than 4 weeks now until my first trip to Europe so I can feel your excitement too!:cool1:

Hi guys! sorry I have been MIA... work has been exceptionally crazy and I am acting supervisor while taking my own reports! Plus we are out of town visiting Prescott this weekend :scared1: Needlesss to say, I have struggled this week, but it looks like our group has lots of great losses! :yay: I have lots of PMs waiting for me and I will work on updating our progress post when I get home tomorrow night :goodvibes Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Amanda welcome back! And don't sweat it! I think we've all been riding the gain/loss roller coaster this month at precisely the same times! Think it's DIS Weight Loss Challenge Osmosis or something!:lmao:

Oooh! Lisa! I like the UMPH!! I honestly believe that is what marked my losses last week, daily UUMPH that I never stuck with before..I'll keep that in mind!!

I survived the 3 day campout! Had smores offered to me, NOPE..not a bite, had a 2 pound bag of M&M's...NOPE not one single solitary one..I even saw two stragglers laying around, I promise you in the old days (just 3 weeks ago) I would have not thought twice about picking those up and eating them or having about 4 handfuls of those things!! NOT ONE!! I succumbed to a serving of Ruffles potato chips yesterday and again today when I got home, I had about 8 potato chips yesterday (but they were big) and today I stuck to 6, but also the big ones..but honestly in the old days I could have had half the bag and still wanted more...I should be starting today or tomorrow (PMS) and I usually have horrific hunger/junk food cravings the day before so I let myself have those potato chips.

The exciting news was that I was able to stream Jillian's 30DS yesterday off the mountain, no cell service so I was worried and even better talke 2 other moms into doing it with me and their 3 daughters....they really enjoyed it but I had to give myself a pat on the back...I am roughly 40-50 pounds overweight,these moms were in normal weight zone to me...and they had to stop quite a bit during the workout..I really am amazed how much strength I have built up in just the 14 days I've been doing it! I assured them that if they start it and do it daily they would not have to stop at all...We all said how much better we felt after doing it!!

At the campsite, we were 1/4 mile from the bathroom so each trip was a half mile, I thinked I easily walked 5 miles each day just with bathroom trips and hiking to our skills field!

I just took my first shower in 3 days and am going to nap before tackling today's 30DS! I am just so amazed that I'm holding steady on this losing frame of mind and not the reward with food frame of mind!! It is tough but feels so much better!!

Great job! If the M&M's were peanut or pretzel, I'd be done!::yes::

Quick update. :)

Eating over the weekend--not so great. Exercise--not so great, though I did do my mile a day. :)

Dog--still not sleeping so well. We are trying everything we can, so hopefully sooner or later something will work. I am beyond the exhausted point. It's so funny, because he loves his crate during the day. He goes in there and just hangs out. We have started shutting the door during the day, so that he stays awake and moving around. Anyhow, fingers crossed for tonight.

I am very excited, because received email confirmation that Mike and I are going to be able to volunteer again in May at GKTW. So that is something to look forward to.

Have a great night. :)

What's GKTW?:confused3

How aware are you of your carbon footprint? Have you made changes at any point in your life to try to reduce that carbon footprint? Do you think leading a healthier lifestyle helps or hinders efforts to lead a more "green" life??

I know I make the DH crazy as I'm always going in the trash can after he's thrown out a can or bottle and putting it in the recycle bucket that's RIGHT NEXT TO IT.:eek: He's always telling me he thinks it's cute that I'm trying to save the world. My standard reply is no, just my little corner of it.:love: It made me crazy as our neighborhood's pool is about 300 yards from our house, and before I moved in, DH and his kid would actually DRIVE to it!!:eek: Needless to say, I put a QUICK stop to that nonsense! DH's kid knows better than to even ask anymore if we're driving. I've gotten so "trying to save the planet" minded, that on our occasional trips to Whole Foods, I always make sure we get the recycled cardboard containers if we're taking home any of the warm foods. I just think they leave less of an impact than the plastic ones. And how can you NOT be leaving less of a footprint if you're walking, running or riding a bike to the store or work???:banana:

Just have a couple of minutes before work. Sorry I haven't been on, I caught up a little on my phone. Been spending a lot of time with the kittens and this is my 6th day straight working. Been kind of exhausted all week, I think the tattoo is kicking my old lady butt. I think my body is treating it as a horrible affront to it, but it's healing well. Also haven't been able to work out because of gym germs, sweating and water but been riding my bike when I can to work. Was looking online last night for pictures of Cleo as my next tattoo but I need to get back on track just to finish earning this one...You know it's funny--Pinocchio has never been my favorite Disney movie but the characters are my favorite, especially Figaro and the Blue fairy.
I am dreading this day. My friend is not going to be at work and my boss is back after being gone a week because of her Dad. I guess he's doing better so that's good but she's barely tolerable on Mondays when all is well with her. I am exhausted also. My mental state has really deteriorated lately, I'm really just worn out and ready to just quit everything. If it weren't for the kittens I'd be a real mess. And of course I've been eating everything in sight. Well I have to go try to look presentable and not be too late.

Sorry you've been feeling down. Hopefully you had a great ride to work and an okay day with your boss. Hug a kitty when you get home... it will make you feel better.:cat:

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good day, or at least managing to deal with the things that are making it a not-so-good day!!

I love the Carbon Footprint QOTD. Green issues are in my portfolio at work. At the moment we're concentrating on getting our commercial recycling sorted. Batteries, paper, cardboard, you name it, I can get money for it. It's a thriving market in the UK.

That's great! Our town doesn't even RECYCLE everything. It makes me mad and sad when I have to throw recyclable plastic in the landfill...:sad:

We're also taking a close look at the amount of mileage we do in the name of work. We have around 1400 employees, but in the last year we have done in excess of 3 million miles!! and that doesn't include travel to/from work. I guess it's always going to be high as we deliver community nursing services, but I'm sure we can cut it back a bit. In the summer months, some of our nursing staff who have short rounds of visits are going to use cycles.

You'd die if you knew how much I drove. I think I average about 100 miles per day..:faint: But walking isn't an option when work/school are at least 10 miles away and the swim team pool is 40 miles away. ::yes:: How great that you work for a company so concerned about making better choices. When you mention nursing staff on cycles, it makes me think of "Call the Midwife". Are you familiar with the show??

Personally, I did my bit today too. I got OH to drop me off at work this morning, then I walked home tonight (3.26km in 33 minutes - think that's about 2 miles). It's the third time I've walked somewhere instead of using the car this week, and it's good for me too.

We're having a huge salad for tea, with baby potatoes, curried rice salad and home made scotch eggs. All good healthy stuff and allowed on my diet. Can't wait to see what the scales say this week!!

You are making good choices for your health AND the planet! Thank you from me and Mother Earth!!

I know I make the DH crazy as I'm always going in the trash can after he's thrown out a can or bottle and putting it in the recycle bucket that's RIGHT NEXT TO IT.:eek: He's always telling me he thinks it's cute that I'm trying to save the world. My standard reply is no, just my little corner of it.:love: It made me crazy as our neighborhood's pool is about 300 yards from our house, and before I moved in, DH and his kid would actually WALK to it!!:eek:

I"m guessing you meant to say...."DRIVE" instead of walk in that previous sentence. :thumbsup2

Needless to say, I put a QUICK stop to that nonsense! DH's kid knows better than to even ask anymore if we're driving. I've gotten so "trying to save the planet" minded, that on our occasional trips to Whole Foods, I always make sure we get the recycled cardboard containers if we're taking home any of the warm foods. I just think they leave less of an impact than the plastic ones. And how can you NOT be leaving less of a footprint if you're walking, running or riding a bike to the store or work???:banana:

I try so hard to be aware of the containers of things I buy, but sometimes it is just out of my hands. I reuse containers whenever I can (as long as it is safe and healthy to do so). I wasn't aware that Whole Foods sold warm foods??

How are you all doing this fine afternoon?? I FINALLY got the laundry finished this morning.... just in time to make lunch for the family!:lmao: So no "free" time this morning, but I put on blinders to ignore the dust bunnies, etc and have been sitting at my scrapping table since noon! :artist: I don't have much to show for it, but it has been fun anyhow!

DS and I have decided to take a movie tonight. I've been giving myself a loooooong pep talk about avoiding the popcorn and candy. I have a small bag of peanut butter M&Ms on hand. I'm going to figure out the points, journal them, eat them, enjoy them, and MOVE ON! (I think the bag is 6 points, which means I will have to give up some dinner points.) Still deciding about popcorn. May make my own here at home and smuggle it in... I do LOVE popcorn, but it doesn't necessarily have to be theater popcorn (although it is SUPER yummy!). I don't drink soda and have really lost my taste for Twizzlers (used to be a non-negotiable thing.... movie = Twizzlers). As long as I can control myself with popcorn, I think I'll do okay. Not really a movie I am dying to see (the new Tom Cruise movie.... Oblivion), but DS wants to see it and I want to do something with him today.

Off to hit the shower and get dressed! Leaving here at 4:30 pm to try to get to the Disney store to get our Earth Day freebie before dropping DD at swim and heading to the movie...........................P

I am becoming increasingly more aware of my carbon footprint all the time. I am alarmed at some of the choices I made in the past and I am concerned about some of the things that I don't have much choice of now.

I think leading a healthier lifestyle can be both good and bad for the planet. Obviously more walking/running/biking (rather than driving/riding) is great for the planet. But insisting that your diet contain out of season produce that has to be shipped across the country (or across the world!) is definitely not a "green" choice. Eating organics is a better choice for the planet and your health than eating conventional foods.

If you are interested in seeing a documentary about reducing/eliminating your carbon footprint, try watching "No Impact Man" (available through Netflix). This man tries to go a year with ZERO carbon footprint. Some of his choices are inspired and creative (shopping only at the local farmer's market that he can walk to and having them give him his purchases wrapped in reuseable cloth and then carried home in a cloth bag), and some are a bit whacky (shutting off the power to his NYC apartment in the middle of the summer). Many of them wouldn't work for us who live in very rural areas (no way I could live very well without being able to drive places) and many are impractical for city dwellers (like the lack of electricity). But I can honestly appreciate his efforts and creativity!

Off to hit the shower!..................P

pjlla...I'm very familiar with Call the Midwide...watched all episodes of both series!! Our company actually delivers the next stage of care, Health visitng, looking after childrens health needs from 12 weeks to age 5, when the school nurses( Also employed by us) take over.

We do recycle and we walk places when we can. My boys both walk to school daily (unless DH can't take or pick them up, then I have to drive them on my way to/from work). We can walk to our pediatrician's (unless the kids are really sick of course lol), Rite Aid, Walgreens, Family Video, and Subway. We have walked to swimming lessons at the high school, but DSs are pretty tired after & don't want to walk home. We can walk to the high school & stadium for concerts & football games, as well.

I also try to buy products with less chemicals and more all natural ingredients. Or, we use our own things to clean (like vinegar).

It's sad that the teenagers I teach don't care at all about the environment. I thinks it's because of their upbringing :(

Hope you got all of your work done over the weekend. And aren't the expectations and "rules" about special ed (as it relates to the State specifically) nuts??? Even if a PARENT no-shows or cancels an IEP meeting 10 times, you STILL somehow have to get the paperwork done and in on time??:confused3 Nutty rules!!

The paperwork is beyond crazy anymore. I feel like don't have time to actually teach & help the students. I know progress needs tracked, but I feel like I could be such a better teacher if it weren't for all the legalities.

I hope your day turned out okay. Hang in there!

Good for you for walking home from work! I really can't walk to/from work so I'm pretty jealous. Your meal sounds yummy! Hope the scale is kind to you :)

I know I make the DH crazy as I'm always going in the trash can after he's thrown out a can or bottle and putting it in the recycle bucket that's RIGHT NEXT TO IT.:eek: He's always telling me he thinks it's cute that I'm trying to save the world. My standard reply is no, just my little corner of it.:love: It made me crazy as our neighborhood's pool is about 300 yards from our house, and before I moved in, DH and his kid would actually DRIVE to it!!:eek: Needless to say, I put a QUICK stop to that nonsense! DH's kid knows better than to even ask anymore if we're driving. I've gotten so "trying to save the planet" minded, that on our occasional trips to Whole Foods, I always make sure we get the recycled cardboard containers if we're taking home any of the warm foods. I just think they leave less of an impact than the plastic ones. And how can you NOT be leaving less of a footprint if you're walking, running or riding a bike to the store or work???:banana:

I'm glad you are making a change for your family!

How are you all doing this fine afternoon?? I FINALLY got the laundry finished this morning.... just in time to make lunch for the family!:lmao: So no "free" time this morning, but I put on blinders to ignore the dust bunnies, etc and have been sitting at my scrapping table since noon! :artist: I don't have much to show for it, but it has been fun anyhow!

DS and I have decided to take a movie tonight. I've been giving myself a loooooong pep talk about avoiding the popcorn and candy. I have a small bag of peanut butter M&Ms on hand. I'm going to figure out the points, journal them, eat them, enjoy them, and MOVE ON! (I think the bag is 6 points, which means I will have to give up some dinner points.) Still deciding about popcorn. May make my own here at home and smuggle it in... I do LOVE popcorn, but it doesn't necessarily have to be theater popcorn (although it is SUPER yummy!). I don't drink soda and have really lost my taste for Twizzlers (used to be a non-negotiable thing.... movie = Twizzlers). As long as I can control myself with popcorn, I think I'll do okay. Not really a movie I am dying to see (the new Tom Cruise movie.... Oblivion), but DS wants to see it and I want to do something with him today.

Off to hit the shower and get dressed! Leaving here at 4:30 pm to try to get to the Disney store to get our Earth Day freebie before dropping DD at swim and heading to the movie...........................P

I feel like every challenge we discuss that stinking popcorn at the movies lol! For me it's popcorn & diet Coke that go together. It's so hard to resist. Good luck! I know how difficult it is when you smell it the whole darn movie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick pop in between dinner & laundry that needs put away. DS has drums tonight so I'll be running off to that around 6:30. Okay, I'm putting it out there: I am a sucker for tater tots. I don't know why, but I love them! I ate a few too many (okay about 10) so I'm sure I'll pay the price at my weigh in this week! Time to regroup & move it along. Nothing to see here :)

I'm hoping to watch a movie with DH tonight since we've barely seen each other since Thursday since he worked all weekend. So, I probably won't be on until tomorrow. Have a great night.

Jill

Eliza! Did you say Scotch eggs?? Share that recipe! My daughter has been begging me to make these! Kudos on a great walk!!

I do LOVE popcorn, but it doesn't necessarily have to be theater popcorn (although it is SUPER yummy!). I don't drink soda and have really lost my taste for Twizzlers (used to be a non-negotiable thing.... movie = Twizzlers). As long as I can control myself with popcorn, I think I'll do okay. Not really a movie I am dying to see (the new Tom Cruise movie.... Oblivion), but DS wants to see it and I want to do something with him today.

I had a couple of bags of this healthy popcorn I got in the mark down at work and I started nuking fat free cheese slices on a small bowl for a snack--it was so good! Gonna have to buy more of that popcorn...

Well the day went fine, I got a lot of work done and got some fresh salad shrimp in today (that I ordered yay) that was on sale for $3.99 a lb. so I got a 5 lb. tub of it which we'll go through in just a few days with the help of the cats lol. Made a big salad mix of head lettuce (.79 head this week) and fresh cabbage from Thistledown farm got a dressing made at the farm,(walla walla onion) and added some snap peas and a pile of salad shrimp--mmmm.
Speaking of the quotd I rode my bike for the first time out to the closest farm and it was great! really pretty ride and picked up a few things at Walgreens which I passed on the way I needed. Got my honey I always get for seasonal allergies : http://http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies.htm

Kittens are doing great--Stormy we found out is 6 toed on his 2 front paws silly thing and Hazy is definitely eating her litter which makes me so glad I changed that out lol.
Think I'm going to work out tomorrow, go early when it's not busy and just be very careful--wear longish sleeves and just be careful in the shower and keep it out of the jacuzzi. It's on my upper arm so should be allright protecting the tat. It's starting to itch so I hacked my nails waay down so I can't scratch mindlessly.

I had a couple of bags of this healthy popcorn I got in the mark down at work and I started nuking fat free cheese slices on a small bowl for a snack--it was so good! Gonna have to buy more of that popcorn...

Well the day went fine, I got a lot of work done and got some fresh salad shrimp in today (that I ordered yay) that was on sale for $3.99 a lb. so I got a 5 lb. tub of it which we'll go through in just a few days with the help of the cats lol. Made a big salad mix of head lettuce (.79 head this week) and fresh cabbage from Thistledown farm got a dressing made at the farm,(walla walla onion) and added some snap peas and a pile of salad shrimp--mmmm.
Speaking of the quotd I rode my bike for the first time out to the closest farm and it was great! really pretty ride and picked up a few things at Walgreens which I passed on the way I needed. Got my honey I always get for seasonal allergies : http://http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/allergies/allergy-treatments/local-honey-for-allergies.htm

Kittens are doing great--Stormy we found out is 6 toed on his 2 front paws silly thing and Hazy is definitely eating her litter which makes me so glad I changed that out lol.
Think I'm going to work out tomorrow, go early when it's not busy and just be very careful--wear longish sleeves and just be careful in the shower and keep it out of the jacuzzi. It's on my upper arm so should be allright protecting the tat. It's starting to itch so I hacked my nails waay down so I can't scratch mindlessly.

That salad sounds really delicious!

I've heard of folks using honey to help with seasonal allergies. How well is it working for you??

Two kitties sound like they are coming along really well!

We do recycle and we walk places when we can. My boys both walk to school daily (unless DH can't take or pick them up, then I have to drive them on my way to/from work). We can walk to our pediatrician's (unless the kids are really sick of course lol), Rite Aid, Walgreens, Family Video, and Subway. We have walked to swimming lessons at the high school, but DSs are pretty tired after & don't want to walk home. We can walk to the high school & stadium for concerts & football games, as well.

You are SO LUCKY that you can walk to so many things. I love having so much property and privacy, but the ability to get places a little quicker would be so nice!

I also try to buy products with less chemicals and more all natural ingredients. Or, we use our own things to clean (like vinegar).

I've been cleaning with vinegar for a while now, but I'll admit I miss the ammonia for the bathrooms. I still use bleach in the laundry for white loads (mostly just underwear and kitchen towels), but I don't use it anywhere else. I started making my own laundry detergent (partly for environmental reasons and partly for budget reasons) and it seems to work just fine. Next up I will be making my own dishwasher detergent. I like the idea that the ingredients for these detergents comes in cardboard/chipboard and paper, not plastic. I can reuse plastic containers I already have or put the detergents in glass mason jars. I hated that every time I was done with a container of detergent I had a HUGE plastic container to toss!

It's sad that the teenagers I teach don't care at all about the environment. I thinks it's because of their upbringing :(

Lead by example, right??

The paperwork is beyond crazy anymore. I feel like don't have time to actually teach & help the students. I know progress needs tracked, but I feel like I could be such a better teacher if it weren't for all the legalities.

I know many, many teachers who feel the same way.

I feel like every challenge we discuss that stinking popcorn at the movies lol! For me it's popcorn & diet Coke that go together. It's so hard to resist. Good luck! I know how difficult it is when you smell it the whole darn movie!

I gave in. popcorn:: I didn't bring my own. Ate too much, I'm sure, but not as much as usual. I had passed on most of dinner to save some extra calories, but probably not enough to account for my popcorn. But I journaled it and starting fresh today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick pop in between dinner & laundry that needs put away. DS has drums tonight so I'll be running off to that around 6:30. Okay, I'm putting it out there: I am a sucker for tater tots. I don't know why, but I love them! I ate a few too many (okay about 10) so I'm sure I'll pay the price at my weigh in this week! Time to regroup & move it along. Nothing to see here :)

We all have something like that that calls to us.... as you know for me, it is movie popcorn! But we are both off to a fresh start today, right??

I'm hoping to watch a movie with DH tonight since we've barely seen each other since Thursday since he worked all weekend. So, I probably won't be on until tomorrow. Have a great night.
Jill

Enjoy your movie time!

pjlla...I'm very familiar with Call the Midwide...watched all episodes of both series!! Our company actually delivers the next stage of care, Health visitng, looking after childrens health needs from 12 weeks to age 5, when the school nurses( Also employed by us) take over.

So from now on my picture of you in my head is wearing 50's garb riding around oh-so-proper on a ladies bicycle! :lmao:

Morning all! Enjoyed my movie time with DS last night, but as I mentioned, the movie popcorn did get the better of me. That being said, I counted, journaled, and enjoyed my M&Ms but didn't have any other candies. I drank the seltzer that I brought along, shared the popcorn with DS, and didn't go nuts.

No morning swim or other activities that forced me out of bed this morning. I was still up at a reasonable time (6:45) but it felt good to be up on MY schedule and not at the whim of the alarm clock. Was planning a walk outside today, but it is quite overcast. I'll wait a bit to see if it is going to rain.... plus it is cold!

Off to post the QOTD, get a cup of coffee, and start my day!..............P

QOTD: We traded in our Tundra for a Prius...do not recycle...we live out in the country where we have no recycling, but our county has one of te best refuse centers in the nation, no landfills, it all gets burned to smithereens...an amazing process to watch!

First night I did not have spinach smoothie, made homemade red bell pepper hummus so had a serving of hummus and wheat crackers for dinner with blueberries for dessert....back to spinach smoothie tonight.

QOTD for Tuesday, April 23, 2013:

Paper or plastic or reusable??

Salty or sweet??

Homebody or Adventure-seeker??

Navy or black??

Neat or sloppy??

Planner or spontaneous??

Eat less or exercise more??

Optimist or pessimist?

Chocolate or vanilla?

Cats or dogs??

Street smarts or book smarts??

Apple or orange??

Introvert or extrovert??

Reality TV or Dramas??

Daffodils or tulips??

QOtD: Optimist!"No sense in being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.”

Oooh! Lisa! I like the UMPH!! I honestly believe that is what marked my losses last week, daily UUMPH that I never stuck with before..I'll keep that in mind!!

You do have oodles and oodles of UMPH! ::yes:: I was very impressed with your dedication while camping not only turning down the treats but streaming the 30DS in the woods! You rock! :rockband:

Sunday QOTD: What is at least one thing you are doing today to prepare for a successful week ahead?

=========

Since it's still morning here, I have pretty much a full day ahead to get the week figured out! I have my workouts planned (that never changes!), but need to do some meal planning!

Lisa--thanks for asking about the knee. I started physical therapy and I think that's helped. It still hurts, but not as much! One of the hardest things I have to do is be mindful of always keeping my foot in front of my knee. It's so hard not to curl up, especially when reading or watching TV!

Linda, thanks so much for jumping in and coaching a couple of days! :flower3: I'm glad that your knee is slowly getting better. It is so hard to undo those long standing habits that got us into trouble in the first place -- I am very bad about curling up myself. Then once you start trying to be good other things start aching because they were getting twisted and you didn't even know it. It's like you can't win! :rotfl: But it sounds like you are healing. It is just a slow process. Don't be shy about coming around to say hello!

Haha.......Robin Hoods Bay is nowhere near Nottingham, it's on the East Coast between Whitby and Scarborough. It's such a tiny place it's not even marked on most maps. It was used for smuggling and is associated with pirates

Helen, your pictures were absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

Rose, sorry the back is still bothering you. :flower3:

How was the race? DS (will be 10 on race day) and I found a local 5k to raise money for 2 local animal rescues in May. We are thinking of running and I thought about making shirts that say "Running for Boston." I hope you had a good time!

How fun to do a race with your DS. :goodvibes

My race was great -- thanks for asking. It was in the 40's and showering so the weather was a bit of a challenge. It is a local race for United Way and they had a good turnout. Between the cold air and the high pollen here my asthma really flared up after the race so I have to take a break for a day or two here to let things calm down. My doctor told me that when you are running you have enough adrenaline in your system that it is not an issue but once you stop running that is when it flares up -- it had been so long since I had any problems that my inhaler had expired more than 2 years ago. Oh, and my glutes say "you'd better start running outside more!" :rotfl:

I am STILL looking for my camera cord to download my newest pics!!!

Hope you find it soon. :flower3: Can't wait to see all your hard work.

Ah, our traditional Earth Day question -- the ultimate showing of recycling! ::yes::

Our carbon footprint gets smaller all the time. Our recycling bin is always full but some weeks we don't even bother taking our trash can out there is so little in it. I think a healthier lifestyle helps leading a greener life. I am probably the least enthusiastic family member about recycling -- I feel like it is spitting in the ocean and rebel about saving the trash sometimes. ;)

HAPPY EARTH DAY!! Happy 15th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom!!! Wishing I was there today!

Don't we all? ::yes:: Thanks for picking up the coaching this week!

Magdelene have a GREAT time on vacay! It's less than 4 weeks now until my first trip to Europe so I can feel your excitement too!

And I'm right behind you so I feel your excitement, too! :goodvibes

Magdalene, have a great time on vacation! :beach:

Hug a kitty when you get home... it will make you feel better.:cat:

Great advice! :thumbsup2 Susan, glad you are feeling better. Your salad sounded absolutely delish!

It is crazy but sadly the folks that make up the rules for the legalities don't spend any time in the classroom as far as I can tell. :rolleyes2

Susan, glad you are feeling better. Your salad sounded absolutely delish! Thanks for the tip about the honey, too. :hippie:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Plastic but it is recycled so no flaming please.

Salty or sweet?? Salty

Homebody or Adventure-seeker??
Homebody

Navy or black??
Both but not at the same time. ;)

Neat or sloppy??
Neat

Planner or spontaneous??
Planner

Eat less or exercise more??
Both :cool2:

Optimist or pessimist?
Optimist :goodvibes

Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla

Cats or dogs??
Both :dog: :cat:

Street smarts or book smarts??
Both

Apple or orange??
Apple

Introvert or extrovert??
Extrovert

Reality TV or Dramas??
Dramas

Daffodils or tulips??
Daffodils -- the deer won't eat them. :rotfl:

Keep up the good work all!

P.S. Neener, neener poof fairy :tink:

You do have oodles and oodles of UMPH! ::yes:: I was very impressed with your dedication while camping not only turning down the treats but streaming the 30DS in the woods! You rock! :rockband:

I agree..... she lead with a GREAT example of NO EXCUSES!

My race was great -- thanks for asking. It was in the 40's and showering so the weather was a bit of a challenge. It is a local race for United Way and they had a good turnout. Between the cold air and the high pollen here my asthma really flared up after the race so I have to take a break for a day or two here to let things calm down. My doctor told me that when you are running you have enough adrenaline in your system that it is not an issue but once you stop running that is when it flares up -- it had been so long since I had any problems that my inhaler had expired more than 2 years ago. Oh, and my glutes say "you'd better start running outside more!" :rotfl:

Sorry that the asthma acted up, but glad you finished.

Ah, our traditional Earth Day question -- the ultimate showing of recycling! ::yes::

Didn't mean to recycle the QOTD, but I should have realized that something similar was asked on previous Earth Days! :thumbsup2

Our carbon footprint gets smaller all the time. Our recycling bin is always full but some weeks we don't even bother taking our trash can out there is so little in it. I think a healthier lifestyle helps leading a greener life. I am probably the least enthusiastic family member about recycling -- I feel like it is spitting in the ocean and rebel about saving the trash sometimes. ;)

It is hard to keep up the enthusiasm for the recycling when my town transfer station doesn't even help, but I keep trying!

Don't we all? ::yes:: Thanks for picking up the coaching this week!

You are welcome. Did you catch any of the DIS livestreaming from DAK yesterday??

P.S. Neener, neener poof fairy :tink:

Lisa.... hoping your lungs are feeling much better today. Go get yourself a new inhaler.... not the kind of thing you want to live without! (Which reminds me that DS's Epi-pen expired in November....:rolleyes: )

Morning again everyone! Relaxed a bit this morning and caught up on last night's DWTS and have been watching a new show with DS called Brain Games. Makes me realize that I am not nearly as good an observer and multi-tasker as I thought I was!

DH is off to Boston and then Maine today until tomorrow night. I plan to head up to my scrapping table in a bit....WOOHOO! Laundry is pretty well caught up, so I will give myself the day off of that. I will ask one of the kids to empty the dishwasher and foods today will be quick and easy. Since I will be away all weekend, can't slack off too much on the housework, but I really want to give myself a "day off" as it were.

I'll pop on again at lunch to say hello!.......................P

No morning swim or other activities that forced me out of bed this morning. I was still up at a reasonable time (6:45) but it felt good to be up on MY schedule and not at the whim of the alarm clock. Was planning a walk outside today, but it is quite overcast. I'll wait a bit to see if it is going to rain.... plus it is cold!

Off to post the QOTD, get a cup of coffee, and start my day!..............P

I hope you enjoyed your morning without any rushing around. I can't wait until summer so I can do the same!

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Reusable (Disney ones)

Salty or sweet?? Sweet

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? A little of both-depends on my mood

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Neat

Planner or spontaneous?? Planner

Eat less or exercise more?? Exercise more

Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist (but working on that)

Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate

Cats or dogs?? Both :)

Street smarts or book smarts?? Book Smarts

Apple or orange?? Apple

Introvert or extrovert?? Extrovert

Reality TV or Dramas?? Reality TV

Daffodils or tulips?? I have both in my yard. I think I enjoy the daffodils more though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a quick minute to check in before I plug along on my IEPs. I needed a mental break for now. The weather is beautiful today and supposed to be 70 degrees! I am going to do my 30ds after work and then a friend and I plan on walking while our kids are at soccer. The fields are in a recreation area by our lake, so I can't wait to get extra exercise, have some girl talk, and enjoy nature :thumbsup2 We'll probably walk for 30 minutes so we can watch the other half our our littlest one's practice.

Okay, I am off to get some of this dreaded work done. Enjoy your day!

Jill

Glad you had a great race. 40 and showering is no fun, though. Hope your asthma is better today and listen to those glutes lol. Mine tell me the same thing when I get back into outside running.

Morning again everyone! Relaxed a bit this morning and caught up on last night's DWTS and have been watching a new show with DS called Brain Games. Makes me realize that I am not nearly as good an observer and multi-tasker as I thought I was!

P

We watch Brain Games as well. We dvr'd last night's new episode and can't wait to watch it. DS9 really likes the show, too. I wonder if they have last season on dvd yet. It would be fun to show my students on those days when I need something to fill in for 45-50 minutes (like when we give state tests or something). It is a pretty cool show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter