Wine and Dine 2015

Hooray! For the first time in YEARS I have gotten a pin code! (they usually send the ones for my grandparents or aunt to my email and get me excited and then let down). Too bad they not only do not have the resort I want available, but Rundisney still gave me better prices comparatively haha. So it goes.

Quick question for food...on race day we will be looking for an easily digestible meal close to our hotel (Swan)...any suggestion? Looking for simple pasta with no fanfare...

Thanks!

Quick question for food...on race day we will be looking for an easily digestible meal close to our hotel (Swan)...any suggestion? Looking for simple pasta with no fanfare...

Thanks!

Il Mulino or Tutto Italia at EP! Trattoria al Forno is good but I also lean towards a simple pasta with marinara sauce and not only did they have few pasta dishes on the menu, they refused my request for that the night before a race even though they offered it as sides on other dishes :(

My fiancé and I have our proof of time 10k tomorrow -- I'm super excited and a little nervous since the last time I ran the trail we're running tomorrow I took a spill. Good news-- I got a new Nathan Trail Mix hydration belt today! Bad news- I managed to ram my little toe into the wall at work today, broke off half my toenail and bruised the area under the remaining toenail. I'm icing it tonight and just hoping it doesn't feel so terrible tomorrow.

Our 10k went great! The weather was beautiful (and I didn't trip)! We finished in 1:16:51 (and due to weaving or mis-measuring we ended up running 6.50 miles)

Two photos from the 10k:

Running action shot--
IMG_6417.jpg

Post race photo--
11212753_10203745798674731_1592944540306192140_n_1.jpg

Last edited:
Our 10k went great! The weather was beautiful (and I didn't trip)! We finished in 1:16:51 (and due to weaving or mis-measuring we ended up running 6.50 miles)

Congrats! Great time especially for the extra distance.

Got my run in...just a 30 min treadmill run. Working on pacing so my shorter runs will be on the TM for now. Lengthened my intervals to 45 sec running at 6mph and 1:45 walking at 3.6 mph. Will slowly move to longer run intervals and shorter walk, but I like the 2:30 overall interval with 2.0 incline. Tomorrow will be a longer walk with a few run intervals just to shake things up. Still getting used to the orthodics and running after taking a year off...so trying to build the running as slow as possible so as not to get hurt. I have goals for next year to run rebel challenge and do glass slipper again (did the first one) and getting hurt would seriously derail those plans.

Ordering a couple new sparkle skirts today! Taking them with me to Disney in a few weeks, plus want some cute running attire for the summer. :)

I have 2 Proof of Time related questions.

1. I have a local race in mind to potentially use for a time, but it's not technically a 10K, it's a quarter marathon (listed as 6.55 miles). If I were to do this one and use it, but list it as a 10K, will that matter to Disney, since it's actually longer?

2. Where can I look to find other options to use for a 10K? I looked on runningintheusa.com, but I'm not seeing very many that would be convenient for me. What are some other sites people use to look up races in their area?

Thanks so much for any help!

I just completed my first half marathon and have some questions for the group. My 1/2 marathon pace was 14:17 and I ran 1/4 marathon I ran a 12:37 pace. Which would you submit for POT and which would give you a better corral?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks!

I know the resorts around Crescent Lake have a fair number of restaurants if you don't want to use park admission to eat in Italy. Looking at their menus is making me hungry.

1. I have a local race in mind to potentially use for a time, but it's not technically a 10K, it's a quarter marathon (listed as 6.55 miles). If I were to do this one and use it, but list it as a 10K, will that matter to Disney, since it's actually longer?

2. Where can I look to find other options to use for a 10K? I looked on runningintheusa.com, but I'm not seeing very many that would be convenient for me. What are some other sites people use to look up races in their area?

1 - I'm not sure how you have to submit that one (I've never submitted the 1/4 Marathon's or 10-miler's) .... but I'd expect they'd look at the results page and calculate your estimated time on the actual race distance.

2 - We use the same website as well as basic google searches. We live in Louisiana so there aren't an abundance of local summertime races down here anyway!

-Brian

I just completed my first half marathon and have some questions for the group. My 1/2 marathon pace was 14:17 and I ran 1/4 marathon I ran a 12:37 pace. Which would you submit for POT and which would give you a better corral?

Thanks for your help!

To the best of my knowledge, you are at the mercy of your actual half marathon finishing time. So your corral assignment would be based on your 14:17 pace, 3hr+ total time. Which you should submit!! Any POT will help your corral position!

-Brian

Not sure about (2) but for (1) I think I'd email runDisney about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter