windsor hills

breammom

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Windsor Hills for our family vacation and we have gift cards for Walmart to get our groceries. How close is Walmart to Windsor Hills? and what is the easiest way to get there?

The easiest Walmart to get to is the one on 27. When you leave WH turn left and go up to the 192 intersection, turn left and go to the end of 192, take the exit for 27 north. The Walmart is just off the exit on your right, behind the Long John Silvers, Burger King, Taco Bell and a service station. The Walmart sign is kind of hard to see until you're near it.
On this map it's #39 Windsor Hills is #1
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13
It will take you 10 min or so.

That is always the Walmart we use as well, only a couple of miles, very convenient.

Sandy

We usually go to the one off 535 because we're out that way for the outlet mall or Sea World or whatever. It is about the same distance or maybe just a tad farther.

The drive down to 27 seems long to me. We drive in that way on arrival day and out the same way, but never venture that far west during the week.

Sheila

If you weren't using giftcards, I'd suggest the SuperTarget on 192. It's much closer.

If you weren't using giftcards, I'd suggest the SuperTarget on 192. It's much closer.

I'd suggest Super Target too. So close. We went to Walmart and it was so crowded and seemed slightly dirty to us (and we always shop at Walmart at home). We never went back, but went to Target 3 times. Very nice store. Not sure how prices compare though.

Thanks for directions. Last time we stayed we went to the Super Target and it was great. We got gift cards at Christmas and I thought it would be a good idea to help with groceries for vacation.

Can you save the Walmart gift cards to use at home? The Super Target is really super close and convenient to WH!

Yes, they can be saved. I am reconsidering the idea of using them. I usually avoid Walmart at home, so the idea of avoiding it on vacation does not sound that bad.

Yes, they can be saved. I am reconsidering the idea of using them. I usually avoid Walmart at home, so the idea of avoiding it on vacation does not sound that bad.

The Walmart is just a few minutes further than SuperTarget, very easy to get to.

Please go ahead and use the gift cards. We're not talking a major difference in distance here. The Wal-Mart has never been more crowded to me than at home. As a matter of fact, I was surprised that it wasn't extremely crowded. You already have the cards so just use them. You're not going to drive to that Wal-Mart and think "this is soooo far." Although I prefer Target at home, I prefer Walmart during Vacation because of better prices and selection on everything from food, to hygiene items,to souvenir to alcohol.

I'd suggest Super Target too. So close. We went to Walmart and it was so crowded and seemed slightly dirty to us (and we always shop at Walmart at home). We never went back, but went to Target 3 times. Very nice store. Not sure how prices compare though.

I agree with this. I'm cheap and always check Walmart first at home before buying something at Target, but that Walmart was kind of yucky to me and an absolute zoo at 9 pm, I couldn't wait to get out of there. I made 2 stops at the Target later in the week and it was soooooooo much nicer. (Once when it was super busy and once when it wasn't.) DH was convinced we had saved a lot by going there, but I'm not so sure and if I had it to do over I would skip Walmart for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter