wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

:woohoo: for meeting up some great characters right at the start of the day!!

I am sorry to hear about Ginny :sad1: What an amazing tribute/note you wrote about her!!

Happy Mother's Day!! I did not get on DIS so I missed wishing it to you on the actual day. :goodvibes:

Ewe--you need to work on Dayne not eating pizza out all night :rotfl: I see many of those nights/days at college next fall...

I have to say it is funny about the Roasted Chicken. I sure hope he succeeded. :lmao: We had roasted chicken tonight for dinner :thumbsup2
Thanks! Stephanie -- I could not believe they were eating left over pizza they did that the enitre trip (they would ride the bus to DTD walk to Hess and order a pizza for $7 or 8 --it was their dinner and breakfast)
No problem on the MD wishes we had a great day w/my parents...we celebrated MD my dad's bday, and Dayne's graduation w/a crawfish boil...
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Great update!! I just love Carousel of Progress!! And I'm excited to ride the TTA this year after missing it last year!
Thanks! Becky I enjoy both CoP and TTA espically on a hot humid day!:thumbsup2
Hi. I came over from your PTR and have enjoyed your trip so far. I always want to go to MK first, too.
:welcome: I wish we would have had one more day this year to be able to end at MK too! well we did! but, we did not have time to ride some of Ashton's favs...more about that later...
Tomorrowland! I love Tomorrowland!

It's been several years since we've been in Carrousel of Progress. Seeing your pictures makes me wanna go back.

Add me to the list of "I don't know why but I like the TTA" people. It's a nice and relaxing way to see Tomorrowland.

Glad to hear that your Dad found something he liked to eat.:thumbsup2
Yes, dad found something to eat for the trip...I just had to see what CS was offering some type of roasted chicken and he was happy...they really just needed to seperate from us in the evenings or lunch and go to a SD and just wait I'm sure the waits were not too bad...
Great update:-) I love your Tomorrowland pics, it's always a great place to start
We always start in TL...just always have since I was a kid...last year was the first time we started in FL and it just seemed off...:confused3
I finally got all caught up! You are off to a great start. Bella LOVED CoP for some strange reason...she had to ride it twice! :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Thanks! Kayce Ashton loved the dog and was amazed at the figures behind the curtain areas...
Great update Connie, I STILL have not made it to the magical opening of the Magic Kingdom! WE tried this trip but missed out by about 10 minutes or so! I am so sorry to hear about your friend Ginny. Your post was a beautiful sentiment. :hug:
That was our first and only RD...Gwendolyn made it to the Epcot one and said it was much better in her opinion...we thought we had missed it and rode spaceship Earth instead (I was expecting it to be in the front of the park not by innoventions):confused3

I LOVE your CoP photos!!! I have heard Hawaii is just gorgeous. Take a zillion photos if you go!

I LOVE your CoP photos!!! I have heard Hawaii is just gorgeous. Take a zillion photos if you go!
Thanks! April
it is so funny I told my parents that we were thinking of going to HI and they are trying to tallk us out of it...they have traveled all over the world and when a person says where they are thinking of going they bring up all the negatives...they just keep telling us IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! well so is Disney! :eek: :lmao: than she tells me what about Gwendolyn's wedding...:confused3 don't they have to be engaged first and announce their intentions :lmao:...so, we really think we are doing HI but we have been tossing around **get ready for it*** a Disney cruise w/disney days (I think that will be 2012 but I could not believe Danny actually brought it up)...

So, I left off we were finishing our lunch; Dayne and Luke had just met up with us...so off we go. As we were walking from one land to the next Gwendolyn asked if she could ride the tea cups with Ashton. Well, we had just eaten so I asked if we could wait (bad idea--with such a large group we never made it back! :confused: ) So, on we go our first stop Winnie the Pooh's honey pots--Ashton loves this ride (last year we rode it about 6 times; this year once)...WAIT TIME 5 MIN! it was about 7 but still could not believe how quick...while we rode this Dayne, Luke, and Joe walked over to Splash Mountain and BTM to get fast passes; SM for everyone but my parents and I and BTM for Danny and I.
disneyI160.jpg

disneyI161.jpg

disneyI162.jpg

disneyI165.jpg

disneyI166.jpg

disneyI167.jpg

disneyI169.jpg

disneyI171.jpg

disneyI170.jpg

disneyI172.jpg

cont...

from Winnie the Pooh we walked over to Mickey's Philharmagic...NO WAIT! we walked right in...we had to wait once we were let in but we were the first at the inner doors (we waited about three minutes)
Dayne has just called so we were waiting for the guys in the line area of Mickey Philharmagic
disneyI173.jpg

two of the few pictures I was able to snap of Dayne and Luke, each time I would point the camera they would turn their head...but, Dayne did ask when we were home if I had any picutres of them:confused3
disneyI174.jpg

disneyI175.jpg

OK! I'm going to get Boo's on this but we did not ride Dumbo... I have never ridden Dumbo...the line is always waaaaayyyy too long and in the sun. If I ever make it there at night we will give it a try! I promise. We also skipped the carousel...I thought again I would come back to it...EMH was tonight and we had plans to come back Ashton and I in FL and the older group in AL.

so moving on...
what is next?!? Snow White. I really thought I took a few pictures but I do not have any. Ashton rode with my parents again I really thought I took photos I am going to go back and check maybe they did not load to photobucket...
so moving on....
next up?!? Peter Pan you say...NOOOO!! wait time 45 min:scared1:
so, we decided we would save it for EMH along with the others...
so on we go to the last attraction in Fantasyland..."It's a Small World after all" my mom' favorite ride and Luke's first time!
disneyI176.jpg

disneyI177.jpg

disneyI178.jpg

disneyI179.jpg

disneyI180.jpg

disneyI181.jpg

DON'T THEY LOOK EXCITED!:rotfl2:
disneyI185.jpg

ASHTON really liked it this year; he did not know where to look...
disneyI183.jpg

disneyI184.jpg

after Small World we found the rest room next to Peter Pan
thought about waiting the line out again...and again decided against it...
up next our long wait in Liberty Square and why is Connie losing her patience with this group of people!:eek:
and we are only on day 1 still:sad2:
NOTE**just remember if you are in a group and you decide to find a smoke area while parking the stroller
or get a turkey leg...you should be nice enough to tell the people who are waiting on you; you decided not to ride the next attraction**

Great update! :thumbsup2 You know- I have never ridden Dumbo, either. I'm going to be sure to do that on my next trip.

Great pics Connie! My mom and I love the TTA also! :)

Your pics are making me a little sad I skipped The Carousel of Progress this year, so I might just have to google the song and listen to it to cheer myself up again. :music:

Don't worry, you're not missing anything by not riding Dumbo! That was one of our longest waits, and your right, the sun is killer. I didn't think I'd make it with that large backpack. That's one thing that makes me super excited about the Fantasyland expansion! :goodvibes

Great update, Connie! Maybe you should have traveled with the guy behind you on It's a Small World...HE looked excited! :lmao:

Great update. And I promise NOT to tell Mark that you didn't ride Dumbo. We ride this every trip; we either do it right after our 8:05 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace because we are at the rope by the Castle before they open up or we do it on Extra Magic Hour morning...Mark would be very depressed if we did not ride Dumbo at least once (and how old is my husband again???). :thumbsup2

All caught up! Great report. Can"t wait for more. You have a beautiful family sorry about your friend Ginny.

Great report! I love how wonderful your daughter is with her little brother:love:

It's hard to be come back to realityland, isn't it??

Hey Connie! Doing some cathing up right now!

What a lovely day at MK so far. Ashton's reaction to a lot of the attractions in FL are the same reactions that Cooper has as well. No flames from me...We don't do Dumbo every time we go to the MK. We only ride if we happen to come across a very small line or if it is the very first thing we do that day.

I know about the we'll do it later thing. There were several atrtractions at MK, I kept saying we would do later, we had 3 days there, and still didn;t get back to some of them.
I don't think I could do more than 1 day with family. LOL! I like to do alot and my family (parents, sisters, etc) have a totally different style than I do.

I feel your pain with the large group issue! We had 7 and that was plenty! :lmao:

Your pics all turned out so cute!

And I started my TR if you are interested! :goodvibes

Lots of lines! :scared1: I hope the lines get better.

I just read IASW is going to be closed when we go--I'm bummed. I think DD would have enjoyed it. I have never rode Dumbo either. I am looking forward to riding it for the first time with DD. :love:

:hug: Thanks for doing your TR! I appreciate you being honest too!! :goodvibes

Great updates Connie :thumbsup2.
Thanks! Dana you are going to be in Disney is less than a week...I'm jealous wish I could be going back!
Great update! :thumbsup2 You know- I have never ridden Dumbo, either. I'm going to be sure to do that on my next trip.
I will have to make a point of it to be sure to get there early the next time we go and ride Dumbo! :dumbo:
Great pics Connie! My mom and I love the TTA also! :)

Your pics are making me a little sad I skipped The Carousel of Progress this year, so I might just have to google the song and listen to it to cheer myself up again. :music:

Don't worry, you're not missing anything by not riding Dumbo! That was one of our longest waits, and your right, the sun is killer. I didn't think I'd make it with that large backpack. That's one thing that makes me super excited about the Fantasyland expansion! :goodvibes
I can't wait for the expansion (even if Ashton is a boy)...I think we are waiting to go back for that! :(
Great update, Connie! Maybe you should have traveled with the guy behind you on It's a Small World...HE looked excited! :lmao:
when I went back and looked over the pictures I posted I noticed him too! and thought the same thing:lmao:
Great update. And I promise NOT to tell Mark that you didn't ride Dumbo. We ride this every trip; we either do it right after our 8:05 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace because we are at the rope by the Castle before they open up or we do it on Extra Magic Hour morning...Mark would be very depressed if we did not ride Dumbo at least once (and how old is my husband again???). :thumbsup2
I think that is so sweet! They really need to put up a canopy for the line area I have always thought that...it will be nice when the new one has fans and a cover:thumbsup2
You've got a lot done so far! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day...
The morning was really a great one; and the only long line of the day was Peter Pan...
All caught up! Great report. Can"t wait for more. You have a beautiful family sorry about your friend Ginny.
:welcome: Thank you for the compliment and condolence...
Great report! I love how wonderful your daughter is with her little brother:love:

It's hard to be come back to realityland, isn't it??
:welcome: over! seen you on some of the other threads we both frequent...reality was a hard one!
Hey Connie! Doing some cathing up right now!

What a lovely day at MK so far. Ashton's reaction to a lot of the attractions in FL are the same reactions that Cooper has as well. No flames from me...We don't do Dumbo every time we go to the MK. We only ride if we happen to come across a very small line or if it is the very first thing we do that day.
Our day so far was beautiful; the sun was out and it had a great breeze in the morning!

I know about the we'll do it later thing. There were several atrtractions at MK, I kept saying we would do later, we had 3 days there, and still didn;t get back to some of them.
I don't think I could do more than 1 day with family. LOL! I like to do alot and my family (parents, sisters, etc) have a totally different style than I do.
Our problem was we really only had one day to a park (we only had 4 day hoppers-the military salute tickets) and it was predicted to storm that night so we were being hopeful for the EMH...
I think our problem was we had too many different interests with in our group...my parents (my mom) would complain when the older kids would go off to do their own thing..but IMO this is the type of trip that you do some things together and some thing in little groups...that way everyone can keep things flowing...
I feel your pain with the large group issue! We had 7 and that was plenty! :lmao:

Your pics all turned out so cute!

And I started my TR if you are interested! :goodvibes
When your group has such different interests are our's did it makes it tuff sometimes; don't get me wrong we had a wonderful time!
Thanks! for the compliment (my camera is awful with indoor shots)
INTERESTED! I have already subbed! Thanks for letting me know!
Lots of lines! :scared1: I hope the lines get better.

I just read IASW is going to be closed when we go--I'm bummed. I think DD would have enjoyed it. I have never rode Dumbo either. I am looking forward to riding it for the first time with DD. :love:

:hug: Thanks for doing your TR! I appreciate you being honest too!! :goodvibes
Stephanie it was a crowded day (but it was Sunday) but really the only place the lines were the big ticket rides if you did not have a FP for space mtn, Peter Pan, SM, and BTMRR you waited just about everything else was 5-10 min wait
thats a bummer for IASW; it is a classic ride that everyone should ride each trip...you just need to plan another trip:laughing:

Wow! The wait times were so low...congrats :cheer2:

We love Winnie the Pooh...never rode Snow White. Do you like it??

YIKES! Can't wait to hear more about large groups...gulp...we have 8!!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter