wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

Great update :thumbsup2. We have never taken the boat over to DHS. Dale likes to take our car to the parks so we just get in the car and head over to other parks. I did stay in the parks by myself several times this past trip so I rode the buses a few times.

I can totally understand you telling Gwendolyn and Joe they needed to find their own place. I know when my first husband and I first got married we lived with my mom and it was really hard.

Great luck with getting into F! show. I sure hope we have the luck if we decide to go. :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing the picture of the newest addition to the family. :goodvibes

OH WOW! Where is that boat from EPCOT to DHS!! How cool---I will have to use that tip!
Katie it's great! I knew the entrance was there for the Swan/Dolphin as well as the beach club resort but I has just learned that their was a boat available to take you to DHS! So, if you are walking to WS from FW head toward Canada/UK side and it is to the right instead of heading to the left for WS... so easy to find! and it is such a great relaxing ride!

Glad to see that the park hopping is working out for you guys. We used to buy park hoppers but decided to put the extra money towards the dining plan.

Your boat ride from Epcot to Hollywood Studios looks so nice and calm. Very cool that you got to see other resorts while on the boat.

Fantasmic! Love love love it!
Lisa, we really enjoy using the hoppers, especially since we are only there four/five days gives us a chance to catch things we may have missed. Although, this past May we hopped a bit much. The boat ride was a very nice way to travel; so, far it seems to be my favorite mode of transportation around the parks.

Fantasmic is MY favorite show too...I just love it. I knew about he "friendship boat" but we've never taken it. I would not live without my park hoppers--especially on short trips (we're going to be getting a lot of use out of ours in September).
It was a great show and since we missed it due to the rain the year before it was great!
So glad to see that you made it to Fantasmic. I have not made it over to that one yet, but I plan to next year! Always something to look forward to. :goodvibes

Ashton really seems to be enjoying himself. It is so good to see his happy smiles!
Yes, always fun to plan what to see next time you will be there. Ashton loved it all! Whenever we talk about anythink Disney he wants to know when we are returning...:sad:

We didn't know about the friendship boat. Looks very nice! The day we went to DHS they didn't have fantasmic so we didn't make to see that one. I guess we'll just have to go back:rotfl:
Chris, it was a wonderful treat after all the walking we had done! and Yes you guys Must Must plan a Fantasmic viewing the next time you return!
Great update Connie! We love taking the boat to DHS too, it's fun to get a glimpse at all the Epcot resorts! FUN you got to see Fantasmic! We missed it again this time, I thought it may be too intense for Helen yet but it's a MUST DO on our next trip!! I love the character window pics with the reflections, it's a neat perspective!! Congrats on getting Mia, I am sure she will adjust to her new buddies soon!!!!:goodvibes
Thanks! Beth I thought that about Ashton (although, he is older) and he did great. He loved watching the characters on the floats and on the rock mtn. Mya thinks she is a person and not doing well with Buddy (and he is very sad that she won't play with him--she just wants to bite him :sad1:

Great update :thumbsup2. We have never taken the boat over to DHS. Dale likes to take our car to the parks so we just get in the car and head over to other parks. I did stay in the parks by myself several times this past trip so I rode the buses a few times.

I can totally understand you telling Gwendolyn and Joe they needed to find their own place. I know when my first husband and I first got married we lived with my mom and it was really hard.
Danny is the opposit of Dale, he likes to park and not get in his car again:laughing:

Our house is too small for ALL of us. So, we told her she is always welcome to come home but she will be sharing a room with Ashton in the future :rotfl2: I can't wait to have my house back! I miss her dearly when she is gone but it is time for her to fly...:hug:
they are suppose to going to an auction for trailers today! hope they find something....they missed out on a deal of a lifetime. An older couple wants a new trailer so they are selling their older one...he told Joe yesterday he just wants it gone so he sold it for $1000 and he just put a new AC in it this past year, needless to say he called Joe back to tell him the other potential buyer bought it just before they got there to look at it:confused:
They are looking for something they can fix up a bit and live in while they pay off the property and build their house.

Great luck with getting into F! show. I sure hope we have the luck if we decide to go. :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing the picture of the newest addition to the family. :goodvibes
Stephanie in 2009 when we went I stood in line when I seen it while Danny went ride ToT and the kids were still at the resort. I stood there about 1.5 hr before the show and had great seats. So, don't get discouraged if you see the line forming...get an ice cream treat and just get to know the people around you...:goodvibes

I posted pics of Mya on FB; I'll put some up here next time I work on an update.

Quick life update!
WE ARE GOING TO THE GULF COAST! :beach:
Danny is so excited! as of yesterday Ft walton Beach was oil free still; so, we are crossing our fingers that it will stay that way for the weekend. Katie (bippityboo) went last weekend and she said it was beautiful! so we are hoping for the same. The older kids are not joining us; Gwendolyn & Joe are saving money for a place to live and DAyne said he is just not in the mood for the beach :sad2: So, this will be our first trip down there without Dayne since he is born :sad1:

on another sad note...I have misplaced my SD card for my camera so looks like we'll be making a stop for a new one...I have always been really good about putting it right back in the camera after a download. So, I just cannot think where I could have left it.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! I'll be back Tuesday!
:wave: Connie

Quick life update!
Danny is so excited! as of yesterday Ft walton Beach was oil free still; so, we are crossing our fingers that it will stay that way for the weekend. Katie (bippityboo) went last weekend and she said it was beautiful! so we are hoping for the same. The older kids are not joining us; Gwendolyn & Joe are saving money for a place to live and DAyne said he is just not in the mood for the beach :sad2: So, this will be our first trip down there without Dayne since he is born :sad1:

on another sad note...I have misplaced my SD card for my camera so looks like we'll be making a stop for a new one...I have always been really good about putting it right back in the camera after a download. So, I just cannot think where I could have left it.

Have a great time, Connie. Here's some pixiedust:pixiedust: for a clean beach.

Thanks! Kathy
forgot to mention in the PP...so, do you guys think I'll be able to get another Disney trip out of this....:rotfl: remember I could not ask until he went to the beach! :rotfl2: trying to convince him into next Oct or Dec...:rolleyes1: but, if we do Oct I really need to start getting into shape so I can keep up with a few other dissers out there...

Thanks! Kathy
forgot to mention in the PP...so, do you guys think I'll be able to get another Disney trip out of this....:rotfl: remember I could not ask until he went to the beach! :rotfl2: trying to convince him into next Oct or Dec...:rolleyes1: but, if we do Oct I really need to start getting into shape so I can keep up with a few other dissers out there...

Hey, it's' definitely worth a shot. He did say "not until we go to the beach" and "you are going to the beach." We went once in October...it was a lovely time; but I still want to do December one of these years to see the Christmas decorations.

Quick life update!

Have a good weekend!

I hope you have a great time at the beach this weekend! :beach: Did you leave the SD card in your computer slot? I have done that before. :lmao:

Stephanie I really think I left it at my mom's (when I copied her SD card to the pictures file). She says she does not remember seeing it...no worries, we bought a new one tonight. I'm sure it will show up :confused1:

The water is beautiful! so, if the weather stays sunny for the weekend we should have a wonderful time! :sunny:

Danny is the opposit of Dale, he likes to park and not get in his car again:laughing:

Our house is too small for ALL of us. So, we told her she is always welcome to come home but she will be sharing a room with Ashton in the future :rotfl2: I can't wait to have my house back! I miss her dearly when she is gone but it is time for her to fly...:hug:
they are suppose to going to an auction for trailers today! hope they find something....they missed out on a deal of a lifetime. An older couple wants a new trailer so they are selling their older one...he told Joe yesterday he just wants it gone so he sold it for $1000 and he just put a new AC in it this past year, needless to say he called Joe back to tell him the other potential buyer bought it just before they got there to look at it:confused:
They are looking for something they can fix up a bit and live in while they pay off the property and build their house.

Stephanie in 2009 when we went I stood in line when I seen it while Danny went ride ToT and the kids were still at the resort. I stood there about 1.5 hr before the show and had great seats. So, don't get discouraged if you see the line forming...get an ice cream treat and just get to know the people around you...:goodvibes

I posted pics of Mya on FB; I'll put some up here next time I work on an update.

Make sure they check out laws for putting a mobile home on property before getting one. There is now a law in our county that only allows them to be put in trailor courts, or land that previously had them is grandfathered in. In 1999 I bought a brand new (2000) mobile home and put it on land that had a previous trailor on the property. Thats how I found out about the law.
And in 2004 we built our house where Skips Grandmother used to live, which was a mobile home, and were told that we can never put one here again now...Not that we would take our house down to do so. LOL!

Make sure they check out laws for putting a mobile home on property before getting one. There is now a law in our county that only allows them to be put in trailor courts, or land that previously had them is grandfathered in. In 1999 I bought a brand new (2000) mobile home and put it on land that had a previous trailor on the property. Thats how I found out about the law.
And in 2004 we built our house where Skips Grandmother used to live, which was a mobile home, and were told that we can never put one here again now...Not that we would take our house down to do so. LOL!
Hey Jen, Thanks for the heads up...but, the parish we live in does not impose any restrictions except in developed neighborhoods. He owns 22 acres of very undeveloped swamp land :sad:; we own 5 acres in an area that we call rural suburbia (we can have livestock, horses, etc)....close to the city but still have to option to live however we please...which believe me we are lucky our neighbors are all neat...my parents however live in a 3400 sf home valued around $300K and their neighbors have trailers they rent out, and some on their street are falling apart and since we have no restrictions no one adresses the matter until it is time to condem the building :sad2:. Not all parishes still have these freedoms, most don't! and trailers are not allowed....across the lake for example (where we are from orginally) they are only allowed in areas set up subdivision style (aka trailor parks).

Hey! everyone I hope you are all having a wonderful summer!
Danny, Ashton and I went to Ft Walton Beach last weekend and had a wonderful time. We all wished we could have stayed a few more days. The water was beautiful and the weather wonderful.

I will try to get another update soon and reply to your kind words for the last update soon. We are being bday partied out at the moment. We have 4 four your old parties starting tonight and ending Wed with Ashton's...

be back when I can...
have a great one!!! :sunny:
Connie :wave:

Hi Connie!

I'm back and all caught up! Yay for not fighting Fantasmic crowds! :banana: We enjoyed that boat ride at Epcot as well..we used it when we had lunch at ESPN Cafe on the Boardwalk. Nice!

I'm so glad you were able to get away to the beach! :thumbsup2 Have fun partying! ;)

Great Update!! I loved the boat ride pictures. So cute. Happy "almost" Birthday Ashton!!! I cant wait to hear about your beach trip. Are you going to do a mini trip report in here, so we can hear all about it!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter