Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust? The End p136 *New TR Link* p138

You got some really great pictures from the GMR!! I love that attraction, it's a must do for me every trip :goodvibes

I totally agree with you on the CS options at DHS - not good! I almost always make a lunch ADR for Sci-Fi for burgers and milkshakes :thumbsup2 I keep meaning to try Staring Rolls, but I enjoy getting out of the heat and cooling off, and since the seating at Staring Rolls is all outside I've never been able to talk myself into eating there.

I think it's cute that your SIL was so excited about the FPs, but understand completely why you were bummed that she kept you from getting your Star Tours FP. I hope you still got to ride!

Have fun at the beach (that's what we call down here in the South). :goodvibes

That CM was our gangster on our GMR, too! She was very good at her role.

Oh, no, about the TSM FPs -- yeah, I would have been yelling, "Stop!" too.

Since we're smack dab in the middle of the prairie's we go to the lake:lmao: Sounds like you're going to have a great week...enjoy!

My sister and her family are in WDW right now and looking at your pics made me feel like I was right there too! GMR is still a fav of mine...I guess it just holds great memories!

I'm with you on TSM...I find we waste so much precious time waiting to do that ride and yes it's fun, but not a must do for Shanleigh and I!

Have a great time at the beach!

Great update!! I guess I'm one of the few people that actually love The Great Movie Ride. I could do it all day, but DH and DS disagree!! LOL!!

We haven't been to DHS since TSM went in. So, I'm looking forward to trying it. I think little kids have better accuracy since they play video games all the time. LOL!!

Have fun on your week-long getaway!

The movie montage at the end GMR is the best part of the attraction, in my opinion. I always try to see if there's any films shown that I haven't noticed before.

60% accuracy is amazing! I don't think I've ever gotten above 35%.:thumbsup2 Way to go, Josh!

Hmm, that's a bummer that you couldn't get Star Tour FPs. Kind of scrambled up your plans, a bit, but I guess that's the chance you take when you go with people that are unfamiliar with WDW. Sometimes, things like that happen.:confused3

Thanks for all the well wishes! I am doing my final preparations of the "beach". Haha Jackie - I knew I was a southern girl at heart!

All I can say is backing for the "beach" is way more labor intensive than packing for WDW. I'm exhausted.

If I get a chance to DIS this week I will definitely do replies! :wave2:

Great GMR pics! We got the cowboy scene a couple of years ago, and the girl wasn't too great at her role, so I was pretty disappointed. But it was still cool to get something different than the usual.

That's kind of funny about the TSM FP's. Your poor SIL she was probably thinking how excited everyone would be to ride TSM again without realizing you'd now be waiting 2 hours for another FP! Hope y'all were able to get onto ST without much of a wait even without FPs.

Have fun at the beach!

The first time we were at Disney we got the cowboy scene (or should I say cowgirl). it was only afterward that I found out we had the rare scene! Our cowgirl was great! Enjoy your beach vacation- I am from PA and we call it beach! Then again I am from Western PA!

Have fun at the beach!

I LOVE the GMR! For me it never gets old because I love the concept of going into the movies. Also, I find it helps to look at all the small details within it. There are quite a few hidden Mickeys, as well just well done props and things like that.

Whenever you go on it again, try requesting the cowboy from a CM. This has worked for us in the past and we got a seat right in the front!

Looking forward to more as always! :goodvibes

Have fun at the Beach (that's what we say)!

I love the GMR. My favorite part is the movie scenes at the end. But I do wish they would change them up every couple of years. We've had the cowboy before but it was a long time ago. You really got some great shots in there. My pictures are always blurry.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their ride on TSMM. I would imagine that the boys said they wanted to ride again as soon as they got of so you SIL went with that. I also think the boys would have liked Star Tours too.

Looking forward to more when you get back.

We say "The beach" here in Cape Breton, for what it's worth! :thumbsup2
I hope you enjoy your vacation! Leave the computer at home, get away from it all. Sounds wonderful! :beach: Take lots of pictures and tell us all about it when you get home.
Wonderful pictures of the GMR! I enjoy that ride, but I definitely couldn't do it over and over. Never have gotten the cowboy scene! Some day I hope to!
Wow, Josh's accuracy in TSM is awesome! I don't do very well on that ride, but I have fun. I don't really get the hype either. I mean, I like the ride, I like to ride it at least once if not twice each trip, but I wouldn't really want to tie up my FPs for a second ride either. Although I had to giggle at the thought of your SIL getting so excited about using the FP machines!
Great update, and again, have fun at the beach!

Have a great week at the beach! I spent my childhood growing up in Vermont and going to spend the summer with my Grandparents in Mass "at the beach" also. Somehow I didn't notice before now that you live in DE, my hubby and I spent several years living in Dover while he was still active duty Air Force (before he retired). I loved living in Delaware. Good luck Kayaking!

I love your SSR pics! What a beautiful resort!

OH MY GOSH! Your high school experience sounds awful!! I hope that worker was fired. Good grief. How awesome that you are able to conquer your fears now! That's really impressive.

For being not so great at TSM, your score is better than my best ever! I've only ever ridden four times but STILL. :laughing:

I hope I didn't miss your send-off. Have a fantastic, relaxing time at the coast! (The beach works for New Englanders, too)

Your pictures from GMR are just incredible! The best I have seen. I love the close up on some of them- you have some that are different than the normal photos. Nice job getting pictures of the movie clips at the end.

We had the cowboy scene once, but my husband missed it because he was off getting FP for RnR. It really is much better, or at least different, from the gangster scene I have seen a gazillion times.

Sounds like TSM was fun

:sad2: on the FP FP (thats Fast Pass Faux Pas)

Now lunch time is the perfect time to ditch the family for some solo lunch at Starring Rolls, and FP gathering... Oh...

I don't think I have ridden GMR in a long time. I am thinking maybe 2008 or 2009 was the last time. We should try and fit it in this year.
You got some more good shots there.

Have fun at the beach. I think thats what I would call it too. I never had a destination to a beach, so I guess I never thought of it. Usually the closest thing would be a lake and we just say "lake" here. I have had Florida trips that included some beach time...but I would just say "going to Florida". :confused3
Anyways, I hope you have a great time.

Glad everyone enjoyed TSM. I like the GMR too - but we haven't been to DHS for a while, so we'll need to do it again next time. We will ask for the cowboy. Dave didn't believe me when I told him there was a different version so he went to the CM at the door and asked and she told him you could request it. I gave him the "I told you I learned it on the DISboards" look. ;)

Hope you have fun on your beach trip! Around here we have a million lakes and everyone goes to "the lake". No matter which lake it is. No ocean or real beach though. I'd say "beach" for the ocean trip.

Oh gosh, your SIL is too funny, she was on a FP tear!

Oh GMR, I pretty much forget that it is even there. Its nice and all, once a decade or so. :rotfl2:

I have requested the cowboy scene, and I don't know if I was lucky or what, but I got to see it. It is a pretty rare sighting!

Have a wonderful time at the beach!! That is what we aways called it in CA. Here in TX, everyone says, lets go down to the gulf. (Except people from CA, they still say beach :thumbsup2:).

Loved your GMR pics!! I have yet to get the cowboy scene either, but we only go every third trip or so. My older grandson favorite is Star Tours and my younger grandsons is TSM. I just love the FP ticket adventure when the park first opens.:sad2: Maybe even though it will be off season they will still be doing 'soft' openings!!:goodvibes:

Looking forward to what comes next!! Great picture on SOA, wish a CM had been nearby, so you could have stepped into the picture also!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter