Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust? The End p136 *New TR Link* p138

Okay.....

1) 11am is never too early for a pina colada. :lmao:

2) Your pictures of the Treehouse villas are beautiful. I can't wait to stay there. You captured elements of them that I haven't seen before from other pictures.

3) Who puts a GPS in the trunk / back of the car?

4) Hysterical that when kids are in the mix, you're wondering to yourself "when will the first meltdown occur?"

I don't even have words for the meltdown. It sounds like something my own brother would do (not Jason), but he's not anti Disney, so his meltdown would be aimed towards something else. And really? "You think you're all safe here because you're in Disney?" That's just crazy talking there.

Okay, I'll be back to comment on more updates later!

Sorry your pool was closed yet again, but at least you had a couple of peaceful hours and got some down time.

And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a drama free evening. As much as I enjoyed WPE, I certainly don't think it is a must do every trip (I much prefer Earl of Sandwich).

Sorry I didn't get back to replies tonight. I spent most of the evening freeing up hard drive space, downloading video, deleting video, in that order! But at least all my video uploading painlessly, which never happens! :cool1:

Replies tomorrow!

Sorry I didn't get back to replies tonight. I spent most of the evening freeing up hard drive space, downloading video, deleting video, in that order! But at least all my video uploading painlessly, which never happens! :cool1:

Replies tomorrow!

:thumbsup2

All caught up again... I had no idea that the cookie toss would have anything to do with tossing cookies! :lmao:

:rotfl: I thought that might be the most polite way to name it! I guess I called it "the Puke". :sick:

I'm glad you had some nice quiet pool time & a drama free evening. Sounds like WPE & a boat ride was just what your brother's family needed. :thumbsup2

It really was a nice afternoon and evening. Even though I only spent 3 hours in the park, I consider it a successful day. My pool time was really precious on this trip. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I love your QSDP analysis... looks to me like you are definitely ahead with the extra meal still on the books.

I'm actually suprised that I am that far ahead at this point. I thought I would have fallen behind on Day 2. I'm glad I took the time to do the anaylsis. I still have to work out Day 4/5 and post it at the end.

Great update! Your SSR pictures are beautiful, I really want to stay there now! :cool1: Lounging by the pool, just reading and being alone for 2 hours sounds amazing, like what a vacation should be like! :thumbsup2

Exactly what a vacation should be!!

SSR is really beautiful. It is perfect for enjoying the outdoor scenery and open spaces. Sometimes this appeals to me more than the whole hotel feel. I look forward to going back!

WPE looks so good, I really have to find the time to eat there on my next trip! It's just so hard for me not to go to Earl of Sandwich! :sad2:

You should change it up at least once. I would venture to say that its not as crowded as EOS and people serve you your food, which is a bonus!

Yay, the Christmas store at DTD, that's my favorite Disney store of all time! I love that place so much! I could spend hours in there, in fact, I do, and Brandon gets so aggravated with me! :rotfl2: I can't help it, Disney and Christmas are my 2 favorite things in life, so the combination is almost too much for me to handle! :rotfl2:

I love Disney and Christmas, too. I really have to fight the urge. I wish they would have the occasional sale because I think everything is way too overpriced and I find that irritating at times! :headache:

Those socks look cute, but I don't like those weird upside down feet that they are on! :upsidedow

I guess that was somebody's great marketing idea. Honestly, that store was kind of weird. It really was for my demographic, but I'm glad I checked it out.

That was my first thought too!

I guess we are all ghost busters! :rotfl:

MEK, I'm so glad you got a couple of hours to yourself to relax by the pool, you totally deserved some 'me' time by that point! :goodvibes

It was wonderful! I really enjoyed my pool time! I spent a lot of pool time on this trip and I needed it!

I ate at WPE once, the one by Cirque, I'm not sure it has as good of a selection as the one in the Marketplace. I sure don't remember seeing any dishes that you posted about on the menu when we ate there :confused3 Not sure I'll ever be able to give up EoS again to give it another try though....

I have also eaten at the one by Cirque but it definitely doesnt have the same menu that the Marketplace WPE does. This menu was great! And it's right near EOS, so if you don't see something you want in there, you can always head back to EOS!

It's nice to hear everyone had a pleasant/relaxed evening. And even better that your brother and SIL's family loved their dinner; it's always a good feeling knowing you chose a successful restaurant. :thumbsup2

They loved WPE. They started plotting their return right away. It really was a perfect evening. Good food. DTD was not overly crowded. The weather was fanstastic. Couldn't ask for a better night!

That wine glass is beautiful....might have to take a peek in that store on my next trip. :scratchin

I found mine in the gift shop at AK and I told Denny how much I like it, so he went back and got it for me for Christmas! :hug:

All your photos are just so gorgeous. The shots of the horses are especially great! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Those horse fountains are really cool, aren't they?

Great pics of SSR Mary Ellen! DW and I did a "resort tour" two years ago to see the Christmas decorations and didn't get to see much of SSR but after your pics and TR, I feel a touch of "addonitis" coming on! Gee thanks MEK! :sad2: :rotfl2:

Oh No! Not addonitis! :rotfl2: I thought for sure I wanted to stay at AKL next October, but now I am leaning more towards SSR. It's the outdoors that does it for me. It's just way more scenic outside than AKL is.

I just read your entire trip report up to this point (but none of the commentary) and I am enjoying it. You have some really nice photos.

:welcome: Where's Piglet! Thanks for joining in! Sorry it took me so long to welcome you! I am such a slacker!. So glad you are enjoying the TR and the photos! :thumbsup2

Your trip up to this point sounds rather frustrating, however. I am not a fan of large group trips; it seems like so much time is spent making decisions and waiting on people. It drives me crazy! (Now I just sound selfish. Oops. :rolleyes1) The transportation situation at SSR sounds annoying too....but I do wish I was sitting by that pool right now!

I agree with you on the large trips. It is really not my idea of a good time because of the reasons you mentioned. I think 6 is about the biggest group I want to park tour with. But I knew it would be a challenge and I really wanted them to go on this trip, so it was all (or mostly) good!

I found the buses very annoying, too, but SSR does have a bunch of great pools!

I am hoping for your sake that your trip got a little less disjointed as it went along!

You will see soon that things start to improve and the pixie dust starts working its magic!

I am with ya. I mostly stick to the reports. It is a shame. I think some people could really use help and yet some of us with insight don't share since we might get flamed. Because I stick mainly to reports I haven't been flamed for a while... last time though was when I responded to someone asking if she could upgrade her twins (who were just a tad younger than her oldest) to adults on the dp since the oldest child would be able to really eat and..well, kids meals are not so appetizing. You would have thought I was telling her to steal right out of Walt's own pocket. :rolleyes: I learned a lesson...

OMG - I totally remember that. It was probably the last time that I ventured away from the TRs because it had to be in the last 6 or 9 months. I was doing research on the QSDP for my nephews. That was terrible. You did get flamed and I remember thinking - these people are NUTS! WTH? Really? There are just miserable people lurking out there waiting to pounce.

I did notice. I think lots of fast passes were running out and with the high crowd level I think more people were making use of the stand by lines.

I just FP'd my way through that trip and it worked out great. The last trip without the return restrictions. I didn't know how good I had it! :rotfl:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we were served veggie burgers. Now, I know we didn't order them that way... but the way they tasted. I wonder.

Like those morning star farm things - Yuck - I made the mistake of buying them at Costco. At first they were ok and now I can't stand the sight of them and I have this huge pack in the freezer. They are "almost" like hamburgers, but not quite, in a yucky sort of way.

We are staying at POFQ I wish it were one of the Epcot resorts... would make the race and F&W a little bit easier. POFQ is a host resort though..so at least there will be buses to WWoS.

I love POFQ. Its really one of my favorite non DVC resorts. I have had a couple one night stays there and its perfect. Denny and I spent one night there before a DVC stay and we scored the most perfect room right on the river. Heaven! Sure, its not Epcot, but it really is nice. I hope you like it!

Well, you had awesome links. Normally, I would skim through too... but your links made it so I could just focus on the updates! :thumbsup2

I am trying very hard to update the each link before I start my next update. I have to get the latest one updated today. As soon as my replies are done.

Now onto your next set of updates....

You pool shots are soo pretty! I love those colors.

Thank you! I love red and white for pool colors. So festive and calming at the same time. :thumbsup2

The bag from Walmart is super cute. I had wanted to get one. I kept putting it off and then they were all gone.

Oh No! I love that bag. In fact, I love it so much that I hardly want to use it because I don't want to get it dirty. :rotfl: There is something so fundamentally wrong with that mentality.

I think WGPE is one of the better uses of a cs credit. I really like the salmon there....or maybe it is the dressing I love that come with it. :rotfl:

The salmon was great. I really wanted to go back and try something else, but it never worked out, as you will see. Bummer!

The Christmas shop in DTD is such a neat store. It is fun to step inside and just feel "Christmasy".

I totally agree. It's so cool to go in there when its 90 degrees out and be transported to the world of santa, elves, and beautiful ornaments. I love decorating for Christmas. Its the only holiday that I decorate for.

That rita? Oh my! I think I may have to remember that there is a grapefruit rita there! YUM!

It is REALLY good. If you like ritas, you'll really enjoy this one! ;)

I love that you are doing a cost breakdown for your food. I think it is easy to "feel" like the dp is either a good deal or a bad deal, but to see actual numbers is awesome!

I'm glad I am taking the time to do it. You're right - its easy to form an opinion, but I really wanted the facts and since we only used it for 5 nights, why not?

popcorn:: now just waiting for more as I am caught up once again. :goodvibes

I should be posting again mid week! :thumbsup2

First off, :rotfl2::rotfl::joker: For your comment about if you saw SIL you would have posted it on facebook!!! Too too funny!!

I probably would have. I would have taken a picture of the bushes and then written something. Yup, that is just so wrong.

Next, WOO HOO for drama free!! That is so awesome!! Loved the pool pictures! We have never swam at that pool, or seen the 'spitting horses', (my Grandsons comment, when I showed him), but it looks nice!

Awh - how cute - spitting horses! He's right - that's exactly what they look like. I'm so glad I took my camera to the pool that day.

I love DTD and really think that WGPE has the best 'bang for your buck' on the QSDP. Their breakfast is amazing!!

I have heard and seen wonderful pictures of the breakfast items. I agree - they look fabulous, especially that breakfast pizza. If I was to do the QSDP again, I would definitely eat there again (and more than once).

As usual, love your pictures! Fabulous!!

Thank you! I am very happy with how my pictures turned out for this day.

I have news! Our September POP trip, has changed from 5 nights there, to 7 nights in a 2 bedroom at AKKV! Thank you Disney Gods, for the pixie dust and it being available now, this late for mid September!!

Can I just tell you that I want to add every happy smilie on the list, but I know I am going to do over my 25. So you are just going to have to pretend, OK? That really is an amazing upgrade. You'll have to tell me how that all transpired. I stayed in a 2BR at Kidani in 09 and have a lot of pictures in my "Kickin it at Kidani" TR, but they were all taken with my old camera. I loved it there. As far an interior decor, it is my favorite DVC property hands-down. The MBR AND BR is AMAZING! Enjoy! You will love it!

Wait - I think I can fit one in -:woohoo: (multiply that)

Sorry for the hijack, but I am very excited!! Looking forward to more adventures!! Nice to see the QSDP $$$ breakdown so far!! I can't wait to eat at Tangierine Cafe in Sep.!! Another good 'bang for the buck' and very tasty for counter service!

No hijack at all. I am very happy for you. You will have died and done to Disney heaven.

I agree with you on the Tangierine Cafe. Stay tuned for that review!

I probably would have. I would have taken a picture of the bushes and then written something. Yup, that is just so wrong.

Awh - how cute - spitting horses! He's right - that's exactly what they look like. I'm so glad I took my camera to the pool that day.

I have heard and seen wonderful pictures of the breakfast items. I agree - they look fabulous, especially that breakfast pizza. If I was to do the QSDP again, I would definitely eat there again (and more than once).

Thank you! I am very happy with how my pictures turned out for this day.

Can I just tell you that I want to add every happy smilie on the list, but I know I am going to do over my 25. So you are just going to have to pretend, OK? That really is an amazing upgrade. You'll have to tell me how that all transpired. I stayed in a 2BR at Kidani in 09 and have a lot of pictures in my "Kickin it at Kidani" TR, but they were all taken with my old camera. I loved it there. As far an interior decor, it is my favorite DVC property hands-down. The MBR AND BR is AMAZING! Enjoy! You will love it!

Wait - I think I can fit one in -:woohoo: (multiply that)

No hijack at all. I am very happy for you. You will have died and done to Disney heaven.

I agree with you on the Tangierine Cafe. Stay tuned for that review!

We were DVC members at AKV and Bay Lake. Due to circumstances, we had to sell our membership. We do however, still have a Hilton timeshare.... which trades in to Disney!!;)

AKV at Kidani are our favorite also. I loved SSR, we have stayed there 4 times. WLV, being from CA orig., seems like 'home', stayed there twice, OKW, once and AKV 6 times!! It's a bit overkill to have a 2 bedroom for this trip, but it will be a lot of fun!! Thank you so very much for your kind words and your smilies too!! I am off to check out your Kidani trip report!!!! TY again!!! :goodvibes:

Enjoyed the update. It's so nice to have to sit by the pool, read, and have a few hours to yourself! :) .

I love it! :love: It was one of my favorite things to do on this vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every minute of my pool time!

Yay for a relatively drama free evening. .

Doesn't make for an interesting TR, but it did make for a happy family! :thumbsup2

I'm glad to see your breakdowns of your meals using the QSDP. I had read on Mousesavers that it's hard to get your money's worth using the plan. Good to see some of your actual numbers.

The cost per day includes tax, but all the prices listed don't, so I think once you add that 7% tax, the snacks, and the mug, its got value. Is it a huge value - No. But even a little value plus the convenience, has made me a believer. The only downside is there were some CS places where I didn't care for anything on the dessert menu, but I got it anyway. Normally, in those instances I would not have gotten dessert.

I didn't care for Pecos Bill's hamburger because I thought it was a soy burger mix with the hamburger. Yuck!

Really? That's weird. I guess if I go back I could always ask to see the ingredient list. It would hold up the line, but I'm sort of curious. I do know that I love the veggie burgers at BK. I think they are really good, so I might not notice a combo burger like that.

I love the horse racing theme of SSP, the pool pics were so cool, especially with the pop of the red umbrellas.

The pool was so pretty. The next time I stay at SSR I am going to request either the Grandstand section or the Congress Park section. Those are my two favorite pools there.

Very much enjoying all the pix! Great update:thumbsup2

Hey CoolMom - glad you are enjoying the pix and the update and congrats on your first DVC trip. Where are you staying?

I am so happy you posted all those wonderful pictures from The Grandstand and the pool...brought back great memories from our 2009 trip:goodvibes

There's nothing like happy Disney memories, is there? I know you are a pool girl just like me! I would like to try every pool on Disney property. Wouldn't that be awesome!

I think I might love WPE like your brother's family did....I rave about it too!:thumbsup2 So happy you had a drama free night...there should never be drama in our happy place right:thumbsup2

I think a good meal can definitely tame the savage beast! :rotfl: Kidding - Seriously - everyone was just in a good mood and everyone just enjoyed the fantastic weather and all the colorful sights and sounds that evening. :thumbsup2

Okay, I'm going to comment on the updates individually, since I'm so far behind (sorry....:sad1:).

Anywhoeeyy, I HATE the whole GPS needs to find it's signal, and you're inside a parking garage, blah blah blah. Let me tell you, it does not come in handy when you're in Europe and thinking "I don't even have a clue which way to go to get out of the parking structure......" You would think that technology could improve that. Maybe not. Who knows.

Welcome Back Stranger!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful vacation and I hope your grandmother is doing ok. Have you posted any updates?

I would think a parking building in Europer would be exceptionally confusing because everything is backwards. :faint:

Traveling outside the Disney bubble? :eek: I do agree with your decision though. Free is really really great. And the room doesn't look too bad actually. Clean is good enough for me.

The room was really very nice and comfortable. It worked out really well. I felt a little weird outside the Disney bubble, but the price was certainly right! :thumbsup2

What's a Mickey Dee's? :rotfl2:

Good one! :lmao:

Okay.....

1) 11am is never too early for a pina colada. :lmao:

Pina Colada? No! Mojito? Maybe, but just by an hour or two! :rolleyes1

2) Your pictures of the Treehouse villas are beautiful. I can't wait to stay there. You captured elements of them that I haven't seen before from other pictures.

Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed the treehouse pictures. I felt the whole area was really hard to photograph because all the colors were so similar. It lacks some dimension in the actual photographs that is really there in really life.

3) Who puts a GPS in the trunk / back of the car?

No One! Oh wait - my brother! :rolleyes1

4) Hysterical that when kids are in the mix, you're wondering to yourself "when will the first meltdown occur?"

And in my case, there doesn't even have to be kids in the mix and you have since found out. :rotfl:

I don't even have words for the meltdown. It sounds like something my own brother would do (not Jason), but he's not anti Disney, so his meltdown would be aimed towards something else. And really? "You think you're all safe here because you're in Disney?" That's just crazy talking there.

Okay, I'll be back to comment on more updates later!

Ugh - It was just such an uncomfortable evening all the way around. It started the moment the skies turned black and it kept getting worse. I'm not kidding when I say it totally unnerved me. I didn't see it coming that soon. I figured it would be a few days before meltdown. But, Nooooooooo.......

Sorry your pool was closed yet again, but at least you had a couple of peaceful hours and got some down time.

The treehouse pool is certainly not one of the prettiest pools on property, but it has one thing going for it - its close. The grandstand pool is actually a perfect place for down time and I enjoyed every minute!

And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a drama free evening. As much as I enjoyed WPE, I certainly don't think it is a must do every trip (I much prefer Earl of Sandwich).

Everyone loves EOS. Who doesn't? I'm sure I would have suggested that if we weren't on the dining plan because that is the best off-dining plan place to eat. The variety of sandwiches is just plain great!

The last two times I uploade video I am not exagerrating when I say it took 3 hours just to get the computer to recognize the camera. I think it was because the memory card was not formatted. I blame that on Denny! :rolleyes1 If I had known it was going to be so painless this time, I would have done it months ago.

I'm back from vacation, all caught up on your TR, and :faint: at all of the family drama! :eek:

Welcome Back! I have seen some of your vacation pics on FB and they are wonderful. I am so looking forward to your TR!!!!!!! popcorn::

Yes - we had just a tad of family drama. :rotfl: Just a tad!

Joining in!
That's a lot of drama. :scared: You must have a ton of patience!

:welcome: Jennifer! Thanks for joining in!

I actually don't have a ton of patience. It's just that I knew this trip was going to be a challenge, so I put my "game face" on. Plus, knowing that DH and I had some alone time to look forward to really helped with the attitude. :thumbsup2

We were DVC members at AKV and Bay Lake. Due to circumstances, we had to sell our membership. We do however, still have a Hilton timeshare.... which trades in to Disney!!;)

AKV at Kidani are our favorite also. I loved SSR, we have stayed there 4 times. WLV, being from CA orig., seems like 'home', stayed there twice, OKW, once and AKV 6 times!! It's a bit overkill to have a 2 bedroom for this trip, but it will be a lot of fun!! Thank you so very much for your kind words and your smilies too!! I am off to check out your Kidani trip report!!!! TY again!!! :goodvibes:

That's a bummer that you had to sell your DVC membership, but totally awesome that your Hilton membership trades to DVC. SCORE on the trade to Kidani. It sounds like you have had some awesome DVC stays and I hope this one is doubly awesome. We rented a standard view because I had fewer points back then. It was still wonderful. I was just happy to be in the midst of all the atmosphere and I felt like the general viewing areas were such a treat. I would standard view again, although I know a lot of people wont

Lovely pictures of SSR! I really wish I was there right now! Its our home resort, and although it does tend to get knocked around on the boards, I just love it! We usually request the grandstands section for the pool and closeness to AP, so your pics really made me feel like I was home again! :cloud9:

So glad you guys had a drama-free evening and a nice dinner at WPE. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was hard to find! It really is tucked away, isn't it!

Oh and I'm really intrigued by your grapefruit margarita. Those are two of my favorite things, joined together! We'll have to take another trip after the baby is born- post haste! I hate missing out on Disney's adult beverages!

Lovely pictures of SSR! I really wish I was there right now! Its our home resort, and although it does tend to get knocked around on the boards, I just love it! We usually request the grandstands section for the pool and closeness to AP, so your pics really made me feel like I was home again! :cloud9:

SSR really does get bashed around a lot, and ever since I joined DVC I have been on a mission to stay at all the other DVC resorts. But when I saw SSR in June I knew right away why I love it there! :thumbsup2

The Grandstand section is lovely. That and Congress Park are my favorite!

So glad you guys had a drama-free evening and a nice dinner at WPE. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was hard to find! It really is tucked away, isn't it!

It's sort of tucked away in a location where I would expect to find a store, not a restaurant. Now I know and dinner was really great. Not crowded at all.

Oh and I'm really intrigued by your grapefruit margarita. Those are two of my favorite things, joined together! We'll have to take another trip after the baby is born- post haste! I hate missing out on Disney's adult beverages!

With my second pregnancy I had the occasional small glass of wine, but there is no way this rita would be good for baby. That bad boy is way too generous on the "good" stuff. :rotfl:

FOTLK looks amazing! I didn't get to see it during my last trip but I'm FOR SURE going to see it this time around.

As for Cirque-I LOVE Cirque-our entire family loves Cirque and we do have tickets for La Nouba. I have watched it (dvd version) but NOTHING compares to live Cirque. Actually, La Nouba will be our 2nd Cirque show this year! David and I had front row floor seats to Dralion when it came to Halifax, NS in May. La Nouba will be my 5th Cirque, my brother's 4th and my mom's 4th or 5th (or maybe even 6th) PUMPED!

OMG that Creme Brulee from WPE is making me drool. it's my alltime favorite dessert! hardly any restaurants around here serve it so my usual go-to is Cheesecake (anything but chocolate...:confused3 I'm as stunned by that as any woman) but I WANT CREME BRULEE :rolleyes1

and yayyyyy I'm caught up again! :cool1::cool1:

With my second pregnancy I had the occasional small glass of wine, but there is no way this rita would be good for baby. That bad boy is way too generous on the "good" stuff. :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Back when I was pregnant one could drink no more than 10 drinks a week!:scared1: I drank during my pregnancies & my kids turned out above average in intelligence! Just sayin'.:rolleyes1

Times have certainly changed!

FOTLK looks amazing! I didn't get to see it during my last trip but I'm FOR SURE going to see it this time around. :

It's really a great show. It's different from Cirque because of all the live singing and all the extras on the stage, but it is really fun! Hope you get to see it.

As for Cirque-I LOVE Cirque-our entire family loves Cirque and we do have tickets for La Nouba. I have watched it (dvd version) but NOTHING compares to live Cirque. Actually, La Nouba will be our 2nd Cirque show this year! David and I had front row floor seats to Dralion when it came to Halifax, NS in May. La Nouba will be my 5th Cirque, my brother's 4th and my mom's 4th or 5th (or maybe even 6th) PUMPED!:

I remember Wendy writing about Dralion and how cool it was. I saw Crique last in 2010, I think I may put it on the agenda for any 2013 trips! :thumbsup2 Front row seats must have been really amazing.

OMG that Creme Brulee from WPE is making me drool. it's my alltime favorite dessert! hardly any restaurants around here serve it so my usual go-to is Cheesecake (anything but chocolate...:confused3 I'm as stunned by that as any woman) but I WANT CREME BRULEE :rolleyes1

I did taste it and it is really good. I lost when the top has just the right amount of crispiness to it. I will definitely be getting that dessert next time!

and yayyyyy I'm caught up again! :cool1::cool1:

Glad you are all caught up. I should be adding another update today or tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Back when I was pregnant one could drink no more than 10 drinks a week!:scared1: I drank during my pregnancies & my kids turned out above average in intelligence! Just sayin'.:rolleyes1

Times have certainly changed!

OMG Doris - If you did that nowadays you would be arrested for child endangerment. :rotfl2: Thinks certainly have changed! :faint:

Rope Drop Baby!

Can you believe it’s already Day 5 of my trip?

I don’t think Day 1 really counts because that was strictly a travel day outside of the Disney bubble, but still……. I am just clicking a long here.

Today was Day 4 of my Brother’s family park ticket. The good news? Everyone was up early this morning. I’m not sure how that happened, but it did and far be it from me to question it.

Today’s Park? Hollywood Studios.

I was totally prepared for my brother’s family NOT to like this park, but guess what? By now they were actually getting into the Disney groove and they loved it.

Maybe, just maybe, because we made it there at Rope Drop. You think? I think!

I suspect it was a soft opening. I’m not entirely sure. The line to the turnstyles was actually reaching bag check. But it was moving and it didn’t take too long to enter the park.

I grabbed a few pictures as I was waiting for the rest of the clan to enter the park.

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

Oh, look, here's Denny giving me the evil eye, with my bro right behind him.

IMG_3355.jpg

Time's a wasting boys. Let's get a move on!

I was prepared to stop ahead for the opening show, but that didn’t happen either. We just kept walking.

I collected all the park tickets and gave them to my SIL so she could get TSM FPs for the group. Woo hoo – she was finally going to use the FP machine.

Denny, Nick, LJ, and I hung a right and headed to RnR. I know that RnR is always busier than ToT, so that was our logical first ride.

We ended up stopped right underneath the car before the entrance to RnR. I already put my camera away, but figured a few cell pics might be fun.

Hey - look up there - its a bird, its a plane, its a car???????

f8705e8c.jpg

I walked outside the line for a minute just to make sure we were indeed in line for RnR. Yup!

50b27b90.jpg

Another upside down car pic

744a8a6a.jpg

The line did not move for awhile. I suspect that at exactly 9am the line started to move. When I stopped walking, my luck was such that I ended having to wait right outside the door. Unfortunately, I was right in the direct sun and you know what happens when I am placed in direct, glaring sun. I melt. Well, not literally. But the instant hot flash that ensued made me feel yucky.

Looks like ToT hadn't started to drop people yet.

d44c9c59.jpg

I was so glad to get inside.

I love this old recording equipment. I think its cool, so I took some crappy cell pics in the queue.

I have to admit, I didn't like Queen at the time they were popular, but now I realize that Freddy Mercury was pretty darn talented. Sorry, I digress....

75cf57c3.jpg

66834e5d.jpg

cd736e9c.jpg

bc802f9d.jpg

Finally we reached the “ stretch….no, make it a super stretch” part of the queue.

Sorry this picture stinks, but you get the idea. Getting you in the mood, aren't I?

153babf8.jpg

Before I knew it, we were in the backstage alley. Drat. My cell was put away. My DSLR was put away. I remembered that I wanted to take a picture here. Too late. I love when DISers post pictures of the alley way.

I guess now is a good time to tell you about my “love-hate” relationship with thrill rides. When I was in high school I was left hanging upside down in a salt and pepper machine at a local carnival. It seemed like an eternity, when I am sure it was only a few minutes. The ride operator was some idiot who listened to my friends when they said, “stop the ride and leave her hanging there”. I was scared, literally almost to death. I could not stop screaming and was never so happy to exit a ride.

I think that whole experience scarred me. After that I lost my desire for all amusement park rides. So when my kids got to the age when they wanted to try everything, I couldn’t. I was one big fat chicken. It took me a long time to overcome my fear and there are still rides I just won’t go on, but at least I can do RnR or ToT. About 15 years ago that would have been impossible.
So, you see, I still get nervous before thrill rides. And that is why I never seem to remember to take my camera out to get the best shots. Once I get into the back alley, all I want to do is calm my nerves.

Fortunately, a wonderful DISer named Princess Caitlin let me borrow here two queue shots. Here’s a big shout out to Princess Caitlin & her mom Dawn. Thank you!

disneyday4131.jpg

disneyday4135.jpg

You're really feeling the ride now, aren't you!!!!!!!

BTW -if you are not subbed to Caitlin and Dawn's TR, here's the link. Trip Report

RnR was a blast. LJ loved it! This was his first time!

Crappy cell phone, red neck pic, but it appears that Denny was my ride buddy this go-round.

2760f54c.jpg

I love this pic of Steven Tyler and the gang

5ae09f4a.jpg

We didn’t spend much time in the dump shop because we needed to ride ToT before the line got too long. Oh – and somewhere during the RnR wait SIL texted me that our TSM FP return time was 10:35 am. Not too shabby!

The posted wait time was probably 15 minutes, but the line moved pretty well. I got out the good camera to take pictures of the queue.

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

Inside

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

Continued in Next post........

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

Once again, I was too nervous to leave my camera out during the ride. But I'm working up to it. Maybe next time.

IMG_3380.jpg

Here's our redneck ride photo. We are in the back row on the left.

IMG_3378.jpg

The two little girls sitting in front of us were cute as heck and not scared one little bit. I was pretty impressed because there was no way we were getting the rest of my bro's family on this ride.

I really need to work on getting a little expression in my face, don't you think?

IMG_3379.jpg

Probably the easiest job in HS because does anyone ever buy their photo?

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

I'm dying to know what exactly is IN the Sunset room????

IMG_3383.jpg

Now this is a clever T

IMG_3384.jpg

And you know I'm a big fan of these

IMG_3385.jpg

On the front of another T

IMG_3386.jpg

In the windows outside the shop

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

Remember how ToT was just a walk-on? Not anymore

IMG_3392.jpg

Yup, that's the end of the line

IMG_3394.jpg

Time for a photopass picture

IMG_3397.jpg

And then a picture of the boys

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

We had about a 1/2 to kill until TSM time. Wow - it really worked out great having someone get our TSM FP's. Major Score.

So what did we do to kill time?

Up Next..... A Ride into the Movies

IMG_3414.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter