• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will this open to US???

Can a UK resident book a "Gift Trip" for an American?

I tried to book the deal myself. I only got caught up because they ask for the billing address of the credit card. Mine, obviously is not in Europe so I had nothing to select in the drop down box. It did say if your country was not listed to call Disney, so I did. The CM told me I couldnt book it because I was not from Europe. I told her it did not state anywhere on the official Disney site that you had to be from Europe. She said you do. I said that it was a little unfair and asked why Europeans got such a great offer. She told me because they tend to stay longer than US residents. My reply....I would stay longer too if I had a deal like that! Two weeks for the price of one plus free diing the whole time Im there...no brainer!

She then told me I would have to look at the regular site and find an offer there. I said I would, but there are no offers for the fall. I then asked why the Europeans had an offer until late November? She said because they like to plan ahead of time! And I dont? I told her I had my room for Oct 2010 reserved since August of 2009. I only reserved it that late because it was the first available day to make reservations for 10/15. She said to be patient and wait for my fall deal, which typically comes out in the summer.

So..with 3 monhts notice, I am suppose to book a trip, hope there are still dining reservations available and pay double what the person in the room next to me, from Europe, is paying?? I sent an Email to guest services. I got an Email back saying they would reply in 14 - 21 BUSINESS DAYS. That could be 5 weeks!!

I can understand the FL resident deals..get people to go more often who can really go, but I dont understand why they are desperate for Europeans to eat, play and stay for practically nothing. Are these people alcoholics who will make up for it in drinks for 2 weeks? Do they buy up all the merchandise in the parks? I doubt it with the airline baggage restrictions. I just dont get it.

Sure - but I have a friend who is a UK resident. I can easily have her book this on her CC and send along the money if she can book for my name and I can use a different CC at check in (which we normally do anyway)

hmmmm

I guess we can dream...but sadly I have heard the US discounts weren;t going to be good this year. Now I heard it on Dis, and can't remember where, so hopefully that person was blowing smoke! :goodvibes

I am frustrated with this too!

I have a two week trip booked for Oct.24-Nov.6 at full price! As of right now I have no discounts at all! I would love the fall free dining that they offered last year, but I have a feeling they won't offer it this year. Any discount would help though.

Maybe they should make some of these offers available to us Americans if we stay 10 days or more?

Do they offer deals like this to Americans traveling to DW Paris, etc.? My sister and I were talking about our trip next year, where we want to go, what we want to do and we wondered if they offer us big savings for going to Europe like they do Europeans coming here. LOL

Well, most American don't have a passport and they don't feel like they need a passport to travel since when they go on "vacation" they usually travel withing the USA. That's one. Second, most American workers don't get get 3, 4 or more weeks vacation. And if they do take that time off without pay they risk losing their jobs when they come back. Thirdly, most Americans go on "vacation" on holiday (Thanksgiving, Martin Luther Kind Day, etc.) and will plan their time off around those holidays. Not that there's something wrong with all that but it is part of how your (I'm Canadian) system work. I often find myself in long discussion with my relatives in the States as I get 4 weeks vacation every year (not to mention that I can carry them over the next year if I don't use them all) in addition with all the statutionary holidays, etc. Also, our laws are not the same and employees are mostly well protected if matters of getting fired because they went on maternity leave, etc. (don't forget here it's 1 year maternity leave and the rest that comes with it and in Europe they have 2 years...). So it's normal for Disney to look at countries like the UK when their standards are far too appealing compare to what exists in the USA for example. But just like in everything else, there are always pro's and con's and that's one of the pro's

Wow, just plain WOW!!!
:confused3
Enormous,gigantic,huge difference!
1169 British pounds = 1 807.8585 U.S. dollars
1120 British pounds = 1 732.08 U.S. dollars

15nn5eh.png

2hg77l0.png

Wow what a price difference!! I agree, who wouldn't go for those prices!! But I also noticed on the screen shot of the offer above, UK guests also get preferred fireworks viewing included. I think the only way US residents get that is with a premium package. Another thing that stinks.:sad1:

Ya, this angers me as well. But you have to remember, 90% of the people who go to Disney probably have no idea of these numbers, so it does'nt matter to Disney how much it angers the people who do know.

Sure - but I have a friend who is a UK resident. I can easily have her book this on her CC and send along the money if she can book for my name and I can use a different CC at check in (which we normally do anyway)

hmmmm

I asked an online chat agent (us disney site) about this very thing. She just recommended that my "friend" in the UK ask an UK travel agent if it's possible because she wasn't not sure.. That would make it much easier.. I do plan on emailing Disney about the discrimination- just because I"m "locationally challenged" doesn't mean they should be able to charge me almost DOUBLE for the exact same booking :( very disappointed.

Wow, just plain WOW!!!
:confused3
Enormous,gigantic,huge difference!
1169 British pounds = 1 807.8585 U.S. dollars
1120 British pounds = 1 732.08 U.S. dollars

15nn5eh.png

2hg77l0.png

And that is a one week offer. Try again with the two week offer..the davings is HUGE!

I understand that there's always been offers for international visitors. Not just here, but airlines used to do it too. Like $1 add-on fares (for aditional cities in the US). Other countries would have this too.

But what's not fair is that this is exclusive to the UK. What if you come in with an EU passport? Or what about visitors from other countries?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter