Will MK open time change?

MacysMom

Earning My Ears
I booked my ADRs for MK at 8am so we are in the park before the park opens July 24-29. Right now online shows MK open time is 9am, what are the odds they change it to open earlier? I dont want to be sitting down to eat when the rope drops. Do I need to have a back up plan? Help!

I booked my ADRs for MK at 8am so we are in the park before the park opens July 24-29. Right now online shows MK open time is 9am, what are the odds they change it to open earlier? I dont want to be sitting down to eat when the rope drops. Do I need to have a back up plan? Help!
This did happen to us last June. We had an 8:05 at BOG but a week or two before our trip they changed the park hours from 9 AM to 8 AM so it is possible.

Looks like there were only two 8am openings last July, along with 8am extra magic hours on Thursdays.

Regardless, have a backup plan. If they move the opening, go straight to the park at 8am and do breakfast later.

This happened to us last March. We had an ADR for CP around 8:00am on a day the park was originally scheduled to open at 9:00. The schedule was revised to an 8:00am opening a couple of weeks prior to the trip. Luckily, CP ended up opening early, too, and a bunch of ADRs popped up in the 7:00 hour once the park hours changed -so I was able to change my reservation to one that was still PPO. I'm not sure if the restaurants always do that when park hours change, or if it's just because it was a high crowd time of year (week before Easter).

Awesome. Right now my reservation is at BOG for breakfast but I also booked lunch as a back up so either way a couple weeks out I will most likely have a reservation I will be cancelling...thanks all!

Looks like there were only two 8am openings last July, along with 8am extra magic hours on Thursdays.

Regardless, have a backup plan. If they move the opening, go straight to the park at 8am and do breakfast later.

Where can you see last years actual open times? That might be helpful info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter