Will Disney Resort ever guarantee connecting rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorymom67

Mouseketeer
Are there any Disney Resorts that will guarantee connecting rooms? I really need a guarantee because one of my kids will be staying in the other room (with adults, of course) but I still need to be close. Any suggestions? For example, I am thinking of the Grand Floridian or Poly. Would they guarantee?

Thanks.

Are there any Disney Resorts that will guarantee connecting rooms? I really need a guarantee because one of my kids will be staying in the other room (with adults, of course) but I still need to be close. Any suggestions? For example, I am thinking of the Grand Floridian or Poly. Would they guarantee?

Thanks.

The only way I was informed that Disney will "Guarantee connecting rooms" is if there are more children listed on the reservation then adults.

No they don't, not even if the kids outnumber the adults..If you read the fine print on your resort ressie, you aren't even guaranteed a room at the resort you booked, just a room.Now disney DOES do everything in its power to make things happen, but there are instances where they can't.

I've seen this come up before, and some will say no..but a few years back we needed connecting rooms and our reservation actually said something to the effect of "guaranteed connecting rooms due to family " or something to that effect.

However, some people, at the time, argued that despite having had a ressie that said that, they were still split up.

Your best bet is to call Disney and just ask..and get it put on your reservation.

We DID get our connecting rooms BTW

We have 4 children, so we always need connecting rooms. We have only not had connecting rooms one one trip in about 10. We have always requested and our reservations has said "guarantee" on it, but according to Disney that is not a real guarantee (sorta like adr's are not real reservations kind of thing).

We have had many trips where we arrived and rooms were not connecting, we pushed on that issue, and we were then given connecting rooms. Only one trip (December 2009) where we arrived and had been assigned connecting rooms (we did do online check in for our 11 night stay over Christmas).

The one time we did not get connecting rooms was at CBR where we paid for the preferred building and we made our reservation through AAA (did they follow through on the requests? Our confirmation came from them and it said connecting, but who really knows on Disney's end). CBR offered to move us out of preferred to connecting rooms and we declined.

We did have adjoining rooms that trip and my mom was traveling with us, so it was fine in the end. Since you will have other adults in the room with your child, would you be okay with adjoinging rooms? I really think you will have no trouble getting at least adjoining rooms.

No, even if they say they will you may not. My DH, DS, his friend and myself booked adjoining rooms at ASSp in 07 and were told we would have adjoining rooms. We were going to give each of the boys their own bed because they were 16 and both very tall. The CM we talked to said no problem. When we went to check in, she had us at two seperate building on the complex. We cancelled the other room and stuck us all in one room. Disney did give us a free roll away and a free fridge for our troubles though.

the only time I have ever seen it is if there was ONE adult in the party and all the rest were younger children( as in under 10)

YES. YES, you can guarantee it! At the resort I work at (disclosed) I've seen many many reservations being checked in that say ''guaranteed connects for families'' I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are for this but I know you have to have 2 reservations, and I think both have to be under the same name (but not positive) and there has to be more kids than adults in the party. CALL disney reservations and find out what you have to do because I'm not positive if i'm correct, but I know you CAN guarantee connecting rooms in that way!!!!!!! You HAVE TO do it before you arrive, otherwise it is JUST a request!

I'll call Disney and see what they say. I'll post what I get for a response.

Thanks.

P.S. Do you think they honor requests more if you are "Club Level/Conceirge", just wondering what your thoughts were.

Honestly? NO hotel will guarantee any requests. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way they can guarantee anything.

And given that there are FEWER rooms on Concierge/Club level than in the general room population, I'd say that it makes things HARDER, not easier.

Not to conrtradict, but as others have said, Disney may write the guarantee on your resort confirmation and may tell you on the phone you are guaranteed. But its not always the case. I agree, they do try VERY hard to make this always happen, however its simply not possible that every request can be met. Flip over any "guarantee" Disney gives you and you'll see they put on there they only guarantee you a room someplace on property. There have been disboarders who had taken care of this by phone, with linked reservations under the same name who didn't get this request met.

Again, odds are good, especially if you have kids outnumering adults, but even in that case it can and does happen that the rooms are not connected.

In the case of our friends at ASSP (two adults, three kids), they were able to move rooms into their stay, but the first few nights had mom in one building with one kid and dad in another with the other two.

I am so glad Music has the Family Suites and wish other values and maybe even the mods would add some in as well.

YES. YES, you can guarantee it! At the resort I work at (disclosed) I've seen many many reservations being checked in that say ''guaranteed connects for families''

1) Not exactly.
2) The ressie people can put anything on the folio they want.
3) And frequently do.
4) But, it does not obligate the resort.
5) The resort "ROOMS" people will try to comply.
5) But, connecting rooms are NEVER truly guaranteed.
6) Period.

yes. Yes, you can guarantee it! At the resort i work at (disclosed) i've seen many many reservations being checked in that say ''guaranteed connects for families'' i'm not entirely sure what the requirements are for this but i know you have to have 2 reservations, and i think both have to be under the same name (but not positive) and there has to be more kids than adults in the party. Call disney reservations and find out what you have to do because i'm not positive if i'm correct, but i know you can guarantee connecting rooms in that way!!!!!!! You have to do it before you arrive, otherwise it is just a request!

1) not exactly.
2) the ressie people can put anything on the folio they want.
3) and frequently do.
4) but, it does not obligate the resort.
5) the resort "rooms" people will try to comply.
5) but, connecting rooms are never truly guaranteed.
6) period.
yup

If you read the fine print on your reservation, the only thing Disney guarantees you is a room on Disney property. They don't even guarantee you a room at the resort at which your made your reservation.

When my PAID EXTRA FOR prefered room was not available, I had a CM explain to me that Disney will not make a current guest move if they decide to extend their vacation. So apparently fairly often a guest (like me!) will have booked a room type in good faith, but that room is just not available when you go to check in.

With that kind of policy, there is no way for Disney to guarantee anything when it comes to room type, location, or connecting rooms.

Good luck with whatever approach you attempt.. but... honestly -- years of experience here have taught us that connecting rooms is ultimately a request. A high priority request.. but still a request.

1) Not exactly.
2) The ressie people can put anything on the folio they want.
3) And frequently do.
4) But, it does not obligate the resort.
5) The resort "ROOMS" people will try to comply.
5) But, connecting rooms are NEVER truly guaranteed.
6) Period.

Nothing is completely written in blood. Disney will not guarantee anything. The number 1 location for tourism can't.

the only time I have ever seen it is if there was ONE adult in the party and all the rest were younger children( as in under 10)
Even then, it's never guaranteed. There have been reports from DISers traveling as the solo adult with too many children to all fit in one room, who've not been able to get assigned to connecting rooms.

It doesn't matter what somebody tells you on the phone.

It doesn't matter what somebody tells you in person.

It doesn't even matter what wording is computer-generated on a confirmation form or other documents.

What matters is general policy, space available, and the wording permanently printed on the back of any confirmation form or other document.

As RMulieri states (post 3), the Guest isn't even guaranteed a room at the reserved resort.

okiedokieartichoke said:
and there has to be more kids than adults in the party
Respectfully, this is wrong. Since NO hotel or resort can guarantee the AVAILABILITY of connecting rooms, and since there have - again - been times when Disney has had to separate parties with ONE adult and too many children for one room, the presumption that "more children than adults" automatically entitles the party to connecting rooms is invalid.

OP - your ONLY (relative) guarantee for 'connecting' rooms is to RESERVE a room or unit where ONE unit fits your entire party - an All Star Music Family Suite or a Fort Wilderness Cabin if there are six of you; a two-bedroom DVC Villa if there are eight of you; a TreeHouse Villa if there are nine of you; the RARE DVC Grand Villa if there are ten to twelve of you; a room at Port Orleans Riverside if there are five of you...

Or, be prepared for the adults in your party to sleep in separate rooms.

Is there any liability issue therefore with not being able to get connceting rooms where you actually only have one adult in the party and the rest are minors? Surely Disney would not expect children to occupy a room all on their own without adult supervision.

If there have been reports of one adult/multiple children parties not getting connecting rooms what did they Disney do for them? Switch resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter