Wilderness Lodge Room View Photos

If I book a CL room and request a bunk bed room with a courtyard view/facing the lake (really want a Bear Face Room), how likely am I to get what I want? I will settle for CL Bear Face room with 2 queens!

Candice,

Just so you know there are no Bear Face rooms on the CL floor. They are only on the 4th and 5th floors. Sorry.

Brian

Thanks! I should have known that! Maybe we will just have to settle for Bunk Bed CL with a courtyard view, if they have that!

Enjoyed all the pics and great tips. Just booked WL Courtyard View Jan 19-22, 2010 for our 30th anniversary. Can't wait and thanks for sharing.:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am wondering if I should try to squeeze a few more $$$$ to upgrade my view!!! I booked a standard view but I sure did not enjoy that roof view!!!!!:rotfl:

We did! I didn't want to take a chance-not when we're paying a deluxe price do I want to look at a view of a roof or garbage-yes, the majority of the time is spent in the parks-but if you have to be in the room-maybe a sick child (like we've had) I at least want to look at something a bit more pleasant. Some people book standard & hope for a free upgrade-but you know how that works!

I booked WL standard club last night, and the CM told me he put "inner courtyard view requested" by that (but I know it's just a request.) I know that floor has the closed in balconies, are they really that bad? I like a good view, I just hope I don't feel it's completely dark in my room. (not that I'll stay in the room!)

For a one bedroom villa at VWL, anyone have pics of the views? Is there a particular view to request or are all the views basically of the woods?

can someone remind me how to post a pic, I finally unloaded my camera, I can post a pic of our view

Thanks so much to everyone who posted room pictures!

I have a 2yo who climbs on everything. I originally requested a balcony that was closed. After viewing the pictures of a closed balcony and that handrail- no way. I totally see her climbing on the chair using the hand rail and trying to vault over- :rotfl2:

OK, chances of that happening are zero as I would not let the door open for a second and I do watch her 100% of the time, but I would feel much better requesting a 1st floor room.

If you arrive at check-in and find that they have not assigned you the 1st floor room that you requested, simply discuss your concern with the CastMember, and they will "check again" and most likely honor your request. I've had good success with this technique.

OK, chances of that happening are zero as I would not let the door open for a second and I do watch her 100% of the time, but I would feel much better requesting a 1st floor room.

This was from our trip Dec 08. We stayed in the Villas. I would like to say Room 4035 but I can't remember.

n583684637_1768759_7259.jpg

n583684637_1768760_7529.jpg

I may have some better shots on another computer I will update later if I find them.

It was great seeing the outside looking in view of the first floor-:thumbsup2

Thanks for taking the time to post!!

This was the view from Room #6165 in May 2008. It is the last and highest regular room facing the courtyard. Quite a hike to get there. But thank goodness by our second day we found out we could use the very close stairs to get downstairs and cut across the courtyard rather than go all the way to the lobby first (Doy!) ;)

View was amazing. Didn't use the balcony much though b/c sitting down all you saw was sky. Very VERY quiet room. Makes sense since not many people were passing our room and there were no connecting rooms. In fact, once we were crossing past the pool to go back to our room for an afternoon nap and were very bummed to realize they'd set up music and were using a loudspeaker for kid's games right below our room. It was VERY loud. But when we got up to our room we couldn't hear a peep.

I'd love to do this kind of room again, but maybe on the 5th floor instead so we could have a regular balcony.

WL_Rm_6165_1.jpg

WL_Rm_6165_2.jpg

WL_Rm_6165_3.jpg

WL_Rm_6165_4.jpg

i was thinking about staying at the wilderness lodge this year but we opted for the polyesian gotta love the huge rooms scenery location the monorail nd watching wishes from the beach

Hi! We'll be heading to the WL early May! Last time we stayed in a Woods View, high up in the North wing and could see the fireworks, etc, and it was nice, but we never really were IN the room to enjoy the view, so this time we're trying to save a few $$ and booked standard. We were thinking of trying the South wing, just for a change, is that bad? :confused3

Can anyone offer any tips on which "wing" I might try to request or if there really is anything "worth requesting" for a Standard? Is it better to be on the lower floors or upper? I read a post about "inner lobby off courtyard" or north wing, but wasn't sure if that refers to a Standard -- I assumed it was a courtyard view room?

Anyway, any advice is super appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :lovestruc

Christy

Can't remember the room number. In the other direction you could see some of Bay Lake but I don't think I took a picture of that direction.

547.jpg

I am hoping to stay at WL in summer of 2011 (I know long time away, but never to early to start planning ;)). This thread is great!!! The photos just make me want to be there now!!!!:love:

I am probably going to only be able to afford standard (and praying for some good summer rates next year), but I am confused to this "Bear view" everyone is talking about. Is that inside the lobby, like you open your door and see that massive lobby????

I am so looking forward to more pics so I can stay motivated to save every penny I have to go!!!:cool1:

anyone have any club level room views? we stayed in a woods view room last year and i am thinking about requesting courtyard view this time. there's more to look at even if it would be a little noisier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter