Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

WCC is one of our favorite restaurants. Each time you go it will be different. It depends on your waiter/waitress, and the guests themselves. We had trouble getting the attention of our waitress because she was with another table and ended up banning one of them to the corner, then to outside the restaurant. At WCC, it's really better the more crowded it is. Some of the castmembers tell corny jokes, others will take your camera and go around the room taking pictures of strangers. Don't go there if you're wanting a quiet dinner. For those of you that haven't been there before, it's only like this at dinner. It's much quieter for lunch. They do have a fabulous burger at lunch. Best I've ever had.

For all you experienced WL'ers-are concierge rooms any different than standard rooms?
Where does the boat go-straight to MK and back again?

Any photos of the Concierge lounge?

Love to see them-please share!

There are two boats - one will go Ft. Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge/Magic Kingdom, while the other will go Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary Hotel.

I can't help you on the concierge room question.

There are two boats - one will go Ft. Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge/Magic Kingdom, while the other will go Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary Hotel.

I can't help you on the concierge room question.

Last FAll the routes were changed. The Red Flag Launch goes from the WL to the Magic Kingdom. The Blue Flag goes between WL / Ft. Wilderness / and the Contemporary. The Blue Flag usually circles one way in the morning and reverses in the afternoon. Can't help with Concierge either.

The boat to MK is probably 10 minutes or under. It's a slow, relaxing cruise, but it's quite close, so it doesn't take long.

The only thing that would add to your time would be if you have to wait for the boat to arrive...if it happens to get there or be there as you walk up, it'll be fast - but you might wait 20 minutes or so for the boat to arrive.

Then again, the same thing holds true for the bus!

Would you be better off to take any launch that comes and take the monorail from the contemporary?

Hey Tinkerbell, thank you sooooooo much for remembering to post your photos when you returned. I loved all your "not typical" photos of the food, the buffet, & the hats.

I loved the photo of all the butter that your waitress brought your daughter for just one cob of corn, OH MY !!!! Too funny!!!:rotfl:

I will be sure to return the favor !!!

Keep the photos coming fellow Dis Members, I still have quite an addiction to feed !!!:santa: :santa: :santa:

DS chasing the ducks (18 mos old)
n638365712_1821950_3570.jpg

What a SWEET picture !!! My son is now 12 & he is still a sweetie pie!!
They are so precious when they are this age, he is dressed sooooo cute !!!

Would you be better off to take any launch that comes and take the monorail from the contemporary?
It is a fairly long walk from the boat launch to the monorail at the Contemporary. Then once you get there you may be waiting for the monorail. I would wait for the MK boat.

oh my, lucky you!!!!!!!

We are 112 days out--yr in closeout at work...going a little "nutz" and SO READY to go home......

Have fun, enjoy your trip!

I can't wait to see the Christmas tree. Well, I have actually been waiting for 12 years, so 97 more days, I think I can make. Wonder when they put it up? Think I will ask and maybe next time we go in the Fall, I'll try to be there and see if they will let me help. Could you imagine decorating a tree that BIG.

I'm glad you like the pictures. Unfortunately, we didn't just recently return from WL. Those are pictures from our 2004 trip. But, in January we're going back to WL and staying in a 2 bdrm villa. It's my favorite resort. Here's a few more pictures to feed our WL addiction. In 2004 we were there for 14 days and had booked a Silver Falls pool view room for 3 nights, and a standard view room for the rest of the trip. Disney doesn't like to move you, so got to spend the entire trip in the pool view room. Our room was 4th from the end nearest the boat dock. Our room number was 2011. It was a great location.
100_3133.jpg

Here's a close up of our balcony
100_3134.jpg

Here's a picture of Ranger Stan. We had just taken the lodge tour.
100_0269.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter