Wild Africa Trek at AK

It is a splurge at $189 per person. If you want the price to go down, I say boycott it until they lower it. That seemed to work with an item they were selling on the Disney Florist site. A medal of honor type gift for about 300, but today they rereleased it at 92 bucks.

No way I would spend 600 bucks for my family of 3 to do this together. But it does seem cool otherwise.

I agree that the price on this is too high- especially considering that you have to pay park admission in addition to the tour, ( I know thats normal for the tours though).
keeping it at $129 seems reasonable to me considering they include the photopass CD. (can you add the rest of your vaca. pics to it though? probably not)
THe orlando sentinal had an article today. The reviewer said cameras were allowed "as long as it has a neck strap or a wrist strap that can be tethered to the vest". The article photo shows a reporter with a big honkin' camera around her neck.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...frica-trek-animal-kin20110114,0,2563912.story

Thanks for posting the link to the article, it looks so much fun!!
To everyone who is going on the tour in the next couple of days have an amazing time and please post all about your experiences!!!!
Debsx:hug:

I have to disagree about the price. I think it's a bargain at $129 -- which is why we're doing it now. Because otherwise we'll just end up paying the $189 for my family of four.

I'm not saying it's cheap. It's not meant to be affordable for everyone on every trip to the park. It's meant to be a special experience that you just can't get anywhere else. Like some of the comparable tours at Sea World or Discovery Cove. If those things are important to you, then it's worth it. If not, then it makes sense to spend your money elsewhere.

Disney expects this to be their most popular tour and I can totally see that. I wouldn't expect the price to go down. There are more than enough people that would be willing to pay this price for an exclusive experience.

I can't wait to hear either! My sister tried to sign us up for our April trip, but of course was told they aren't taking reservations for then yet. This seems so cool, but I am petrified of heights (I have to close my eyes and go to my happy place on the initial ascent up EE) so I'm very much on the fence on this one. So anxious to hear details!

I would love to do this! However not at $189 for our family of 4. Just not happening.

I would pay $129 though. Especially if I could get this price for September.

yes, it starts tomorrow, although wdwmoms are going on it as well. so.. lots of comps going on by disney. i have it scheduled for monday myself

Thanks for all of the great info! We are booked for Noon on 2/5. Very excited to go and to read reviews of those that go before us.

DW and I made reservations to go on it, Feb. 2 at 9:00 am. We're excited about it. I'm looking forward to some reviews before then.

:cutie:Waiting eagerly by the computer for the first reveiws of this one:rotfl2: want to book this for me and my son in March. Are they taking bookings that far ahead do we know?

Hope you all have a brilliant time!!
Debx

Amanda Tinney has a 9 min video of her trek yesterday.

Check it out

at Disney Every Day.

We hope bradk and others going today will share their pics and vids!

:3dglasses

Can't wait to hear/see a review....

There's still openings during our Feb trip...so I have considered it....

how do I view that video???? is it here on the Dis or youtube? - found it on youtube....

don't think I'd trust my 11 year old....maybe in a couple of years....

Watched Amanda's video and called and booked 8:00AM Trek for March 31st. I always planned to book it- just couldn't decide on March or Sept. and just decided this would be a great 30th Anniversary present to me and DH.

DisGal520 thanks for the info on the video.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to all the reviews!

Still waiting for Amanda's video to buffer but looking forward to it in preparation for our booking on 2/2! Meanwhile, a friend of mine who was in Ak a few days ago saw the rehearsal tour from the safari vehicle, but also saw them going round the Pangani with a guide, but in the same place as the other guests. I'm a little concerned about this as I don't want to pay extra for something that we do anyway - we always bug the CMs with any questions we have about the animals. Does anyone know anything about the Pangani part of this?

I'm am toying with a quick weekend solo trip next month and I am considering booking this tour. It would be interesting to see the reviews.

KSBelle.....we also would like to book for March....can I ask how much they were charging, is it still $129 per person?

Would love to hear experiences of anyone who has been....what was the food on offer?
Debx:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter