WiFi Recently - any better?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by DVC Jen, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

I think this is very true and i am sure they are cranking though tons of bandwidth with just about every device having WiFi abilities. But the point is that most hotels can make it work, i am sure disney can also. personally, i use my cell tethered to my computer. 4G tethered is much faster and safer (imho). :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JWG

JWG DIS Veteran

Just wrapping up a trip at SSR and BLT and have surprisingly had no issues. Even in park wifi worked well. Was a battery saver on the iPhone for sure.

4. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

I'm sitting out on the balcony at BWV room 4117 and the wifi is excellent. Definitely the best I've had for connection strength and speed compared to when I was at OKW SSR and AKV.

5. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Same here and I was shocked at how good it was. When we were there in June - it was awful. :headache:

6. DVC Jen

DVC Jen DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Wigs out even the

Wow - good. Hopefully it will be decent for us too.

Thanks everyone

7. Kidanifan08

Kidanifan08 DIS Veteran

AKV-Kidani in the bead closest to Jambo had excellent wifi. I was shocked after our experience in June and March. The wifi in the parks was excellent as well! Enjoy your trip!!

8. bwang123

bwang123 Posts: 1,457,177,981

where are you getting this "most hotels" data? at hotels i have stayed outside of disney its also hit or miss. you can have solid wifi infrastructure but if you are connected to an access point with 2 people hogging bandwidth, you will have a poor experience. Wireless is shared access and most of the ways to fix it (block high bandwidth sites:youtube,netflix,file sharing,etc) would bring on new threads about "Why cant my daughter watch Dumbo on Netflix while we are resting in the room"

I say make it pay for use and there will be less people on it.