WI-FI at Ft Wilderness

Judy

Mom to Special Angels
Is there any WiFi at Ft wilderness? If so, is it restricted to the check-in area or certain loops? My cell phone company changed its policy and cut off my cell access to the internet.

There is a hot spot at TE - the porch at Crockett's is a good place to hook in. You are allowed limited access to two web sites - both Disney sites -but in order to surf or check email you must give your Key card number and they will charge your account.

We saw many people having difficulty with the porch area when we were there. Just an FYI.

Prior to our last trip (to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving), I checked for internet options with Verizon. They offered a $59.99 high speed connection through my cell phone, but wanted a 2 year contract. One of their techies sent me a response indicating low speed is still available and for free, except for minutes used during the day. I was finally able to find a techie on line who (after initially telling me the service had been discontinued) spent quite a while helping me set up my cell phone and laptop for low speed internet access. It worked well in Gatlinburg. We'll see if I have the same luck at Ft Wilderness. It's slow, but it's essentially free, and allows me to check my email and do some minor browsing. :santa:

I forgot to mention I already had the Mobile Office kit including the cable for my LG phone-to-USB. It was about $40 when I bought it.

Ken

We saw many people having difficulty with the porch area when we were there. Just an FYI.

I am writing this from the porch at Crockets right now. The connection is great and the speed is OK. Best time is first thing in the morning.

Prior to our last trip (to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving), I checked for internet options with Verizon. They offered a $59.99 high speed connection through my cell phone, but wanted a 2 year contract. One of their techies sent me a response indicating low speed is still available and for free, except for minutes used during the day. I was finally able to find a techie on line who (after initially telling me the service had been discontinued) spent quite a while helping me set up my cell phone and laptop for low speed internet access. It worked well in Gatlinburg. We'll see if I have the same luck at Ft Wilderness. It's slow, but it's essentially free, and allows me to check my email and do some minor browsing. :santa:

I forgot to mention I already had the Mobile Office kit including the cable for my LG phone-to-USB. It was about $40 when I bought it.

Ken

I used this when I was at the fort last Jan/Feb. Its the same speed as dial up. Worked great for me because I only need to use my laptop when traveling to FW and didnt want to tie myself into the monthly bill for 2 yrs. I simply used my free cell phone minutes ( weekends and nights).

Ken

I have the Verison BB PCMIA based card internet service for over 8 months now and love the mobility even at home. If BB is not avail it reverts to standard national access which is like dial-up service. I haven't used it at WDW yet, but my Verizon phone works fine even in the TT at FW. I have used it from here to Chicago and points in between and again it has been great. It's like $60 a mo., but I was able to get rid of a second land line at home that just for that was almost $30. Only real downside is this service as of now doesn't have e-mail accounts tied into it and you really can't use it for constant real time streaming or lots of downloads since which it says unlimited bytes, if they see you using more that about 5GB/mo. they have classified that as "commercial use" vice "private use" which this service specifies if for "private use".

Larry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter