Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

Beautiful pictures! I don't think you can have too many sunset pictures. The view looked terrific, and the shots you got are great.

Thanks and you are so right. Sunset pictures are just so addictive. It's weird - once you start you just can't start. The view was phenomenal and I love that everything was framed in that Spanish moss.

I remember that hard-packed sand from Myrtle Beach. Definitely takes some getting used to. Still, the resort looks to be a great spot and facility.

If all I wanted to do was run on the beach, it would be awesome. Chairs next time if I go again in off season, which you know I will. The beach house was very cute and I think Disney really maximized the space the best they could.

Sake - yum!

:rotfl2: That reminds me of the time I drank almost a whole bottle of wine at dinner and ended up with a pair of roller blades. :rotfl2: I actually DID use them!

But for the most part I should avoid shopping after drinking because those shoes I bought are just ridiculous. They would be fine if I didn't have to walk anywhere! :rotfl2:

Roller blades!!! :rotfl2: The night before I left last month I had a little too much grape vodka and decided I needed to have a crock pot waiting for me when I got home. Well it was and we have used it quite often. It is perfect because we both work so late. Need to stop saying "we" :rotfl: That was one good alcohol induced purchase :rolleyes1

Tracy

Looked like a really nice day, and I loved your sunset pictures. :goodvibes

It was a great first day and all day resort day. Loved it. Glad you enjoyed the sunset pics. You will see plenty of good sunrises and sunsets in Vero!!!!!:goodvibes

WOW,wow,WOW those sunset pics were outstanding!!! I like the look of the resort. I think the combo of rustic and beachy. Shadow is one cute dog! Great updates-except for the bird one ha ha. Congrats on ur 9,000 post-I am trying to get to 6,000 myself

MEK, the sunset pictures are stunning. Not that the others aren't good, but I just love sunset pictures.

I never pay that much attention to my post count; then you mentioned yours and where you were at, so I looked at mine. I think I spend way TOO much time on the DIS.

Wow, those sunsets are beautiful! You took some great pictures.

That sounds like some hard sand. :scared1: Okay, so is the Disney resort one place and access to the beach another? I am not very familiar with their Hilton Head resort and have not done my homework.

I would love to go there some day.

IMG_9596.jpg

That lady may be in a long sleeve shirt, but I can tell you that it was hot outside. So hot that I took the plunge and went it the pool. And it was lovely - absolutely perfect! I remember posting on FB and Bill (saintstickets) asked if I had done any noodling yet? :rotfl: They actually DO sell noodles at the Mercantile!

I knew you couldn't resist "noodling" especially since you became such an expert during your last trip to WDW! :lmao:

I am really enjoying this TR. The only thing better would have been if DW and I had been able to be there with y'all. Through your pics and explanatory treatise (don't be impressed...I had to look it up!), HHI is turning out to be just as I had hoped it to be. DW and I will definately have to make a trip there in the future. The spanish moss laden oak trees are just like where I grew up in Natchez, MS and I bet the antebellum homes you saw in Savannah will be as well. Keep up the great TR!!

I’m glad you still had the HHI pics on the memory card!!! That would have been terrible!!

Those topiaries are too cute! But, I almost feel like bambi looks angry!

Lol that Nick asked where his clothes were!!!! Brings back memories of May!!

I admit that I said awwww to shadow before you even said to!! I have to agree though, I don’t really believe that Shadow is 15! She certainly doesn’t look 15! Dogs that are 15 tend to look old ;)

Wooo hooo!!! Congrats on 9000 posts!!!

The beach at HHI looks fabulous!!!! Love it!!!

I also, of course, love that there was noodling!!

Your sunset pics are so beautiful!!! Amazing!!! That looks like a fabulous restaurant!!

I have to admit, you're making me think about a trip to HHI!!

HH certainly looks like a place that I would love to spend time in!The sunset with the blue tint was a favorite of mine. The picture of you sitting on the beach was so sharp & such saturated colors, wowza!

I'm looking forward to the Savannah postings as that is where I'm planning to go in 2012. I love old historical places, especially those with an ocean close by!:cloud9:

Okay, I started reading the part about the liquor bottle, and all I could do was "nnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!" in slow motion. I'm sure that was your exact emotion at the time as well. :lmao:

I love all of the pictures of the resort. It's so absolutely beautiful there. I also love all of the details about Shadow. I had no idea about that.

Roller blades!!! :rotfl2: The night before I left last month I had a little too much grape vodka and decided I needed to have a crock pot waiting for me when I got home. Well it was and we have used it quite often. It is perfect because we both work so late. Need to stop saying "we" :rotfl: That was one good alcohol induced purchase :rolleyes1

Tracy

I knew you would like that roller blade story!

I can think of many worse alcohol induced purchases than a crock pot. I mean a crock pot has multiple uses (like making spiked apple cider) and it WAS food and wine, after all. Grape vodka - nice.

Should I be afraid to ask who "we" refers to. :rotfl: Does the name start with "S"?

WOW,wow,WOW those sunset pics were outstanding!!! I like the look of the resort. I think the combo of rustic and beachy. Shadow is one cute dog! Great updates-except for the bird one ha ha. Congrats on ur 9,000 post-I am trying to get to 6,000 myself

Thank you! I'm so glad you like the pics and the resort was awesome. I bet your girls would have a ball there. I could definitely see them getting into all the resort activities and, of course, Shadow. What a sweetie.

It probably is pretty silly to get excited about 9000 posts. After I posted that I thought to myself, "yeah - get a life Mary Ellen". :rotfl:

MEK, the sunset pictures are stunning. Not that the others aren't good, but I just love sunset pictures.

Thanks Kathy! I love a good sunset myself and I did manage to get some more later in the trip! :thumbsup2

I never pay that much attention to my post count; then you mentioned yours and where you were at, so I looked at mine. I think I spend way TOO much time on the DIS.

:rotfl: I feel like I spend way too much time here too, but my post count feels like its stuck. You are definitely the master. :worship:

Wow, those sunsets are beautiful! You took some great pictures.

Thank you! There are some gorgeous sunsets on the intercoastal. Just amazing views!

That sounds like some hard sand. :scared1: Okay, so is the Disney resort one place and access to the beach another? I am not very familiar with their Hilton Head resort and have not done my homework.

I would love to go there some day.

Yes - I didn't do a very good job of explaining that but the resort itself in more inland and actually abutts the Broad Creek and a marina. The beach house is about 1.5 miles away. Disney runs a shuttle there, you can drive, or even ride a bike. It's a very pretty path. I don't think there was any land available for purchase on the beach or maybe Disney knew they wanted other water activities at the main resort.

It's a beautiful resort and a wonderful place to visit. I'm so glad I tried it. What a winner.

I knew you couldn't resist "noodling" especially since you became such an expert during your last trip to WDW! :lmao:

Far from an expert, but noodling does have its benefits. For me all that flailing around has to burn off some calories - right???? :rotfl:

I am really enjoying this TR. The only thing better would have been if DW and I had been able to be there with y'all. Through your pics and explanatory treatise (don't be impressed...I had to look it up!), HHI is turning out to be just as I had hoped it to be. DW and I will definately have to make a trip there in the future. The spanish moss laden oak trees are just like where I grew up in Natchez, MS and I bet the antebellum homes you saw in Savannah will be as well. Keep up the great TR!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying because I really hope you and DW get a chance to visit. It's such a unique resort. I really loved it.

When I used to be into bike riding I always wanted to ride on the Natchez Trace. It sounds like such a cool road. I bet its gorgeous. I'll keep that on my bucket list for now, but I doubt I will ever be in good enough shape again to bike it.

You know - when we were leaving HHI I did see I sign that said something like "Y'all come back".

explanatory treatise - yes I was impressed! ;)

I’m glad you still had the HHI pics on the memory card!!! That would have been terrible!!

I would have been SO upset to have lost the HHI pictures. Most aren't even edited yet, so that's why they aren't backed up.

Those topiaries are too cute! But, I almost feel like bambi looks angry!

I better go back and look at that Bambi. I didn't notice that and its the only pic I took of the topiaries. Maybe its the angle? :confused3

Lol that Nick asked where his clothes were!!!! Brings back memories of May!!
:rotfl2: It sure does, doesn't it? But at least your kids are young. Nick is 17! Sheesh!

I admit that I said awwww to shadow before you even said to!! I have to agree though, I don’t really believe that Shadow is 15! She certainly doesn’t look 15! Dogs that are 15 tend to look old ;)

I would like the real story on Shadow. Maybe I should google it some more, although I'm sure Disney will never tell since it would ruin the magic.

Wooo hooo!!! Congrats on 9000 posts!!!

Who's counting? Me? :rotfl:

The beach at HHI looks fabulous!!!! Love it!!!

Your sunset pics are so beautiful!!! Amazing!!! That looks like a fabulous restaurant!!

I have to admit, you're making me think about a trip to HHI!!

HHI was a pretty fabulous beach. I think you and your family would love it. It's got that Disney flair without the theme park rush. That makes it a great down time vacation. Plus there are so many wonderful places to eat, shop, and explore.

Glad you like the sunset pics!

I also, of course, love that there was noodling!!

See, you would be right at home. No Owner's locker, but plenty of noodles for purchase. :goodvibes

HH certainly looks like a place that I would love to spend time in!The sunset with the blue tint was a favorite of mine. The picture of you sitting on the beach was so sharp & such saturated colors, wowza!

So glad you like the pics. They are heavily edited, but that's part of the creative process, right?

I'm looking forward to the Savannah postings as that is where I'm planning to go in 2012. I love old historical places, especially those with an ocean close by!:cloud9:

Savannah is coming up next and that town is so freaking cool. I haven't even found the right words to describe it. One of my readers suggested reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" before I left. I didn't have time, but I am reading it now and it really does a great job of describing the nature of this city. I took SO many pictures, so get ready. And buy that book!

Okay, I started reading the part about the liquor bottle, and all I could do was "nnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!" in slow motion. I'm sure that was your exact emotion at the time as well. :lmao:

That pretty much sums it up only it happened so fast. I couldn't believe it. All I did was grab the top of the bag and I thought for sure I had grabbed the top of the vodka bottle. Hmmmmm.....wrong......:sad2: It really is true that sleep deprivation causes poor coordination. :rolleyes1

I love all of the pictures of the resort. It's so absolutely beautiful there. I also love all of the details about Shadow. I had no idea about that.

It really is a special resort. I am so happy now that my GF's picked it. I had originally tried to get them to go to WDW or Vero, but they picked HHI. It was a winner in every sense of the word!

Tracy

Hey Tracy - I see you and C both have your Tickers going for F&W. Do you both have the same arrival date? I will be calling member services first thing on the 17th to make my ressie. Tomorrow I am calling to try to switch part of my summer reservation to BWV. Fingers crossed!

Those of you who know me well know that I have been on a mission to stay at all the East Coast DVC resorts.

Well, I am one step closer to doing just that. We are staying at the treehouse villas for 5 night in June followed by some me and Denny time in a studio. Well, I just changed my VWL studio to a standard view BWV studio! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Once I stay at the BWV I will have completed my mission.

There were no Boardwalk views available, just garden and standard. I don't think Denny would even want a boardwalk view. He likes calm and quiet. I've heard the standard view studios are hard to come by and are in the more remote areas of the resort. I've also heard they are actually quite popular with some owners and often book up first. So, I snagged one. Can't wait! :cool1: And since I will always be a point miser, saving a few extra points can never hurt, right???? :rotfl:

Those of you who know me well know that I have been on a mission to stay at all the East Coast DVC resorts.

Well, I am one step closer to doing just that. We are staying at the treehouse villas for 5 night in June followed by some me and Denny time in a studio. Well, I just changed my VWL studio to a standard view BWV studio! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Once I stay at the BWV I will have completed my mission.

There were no Boardwalk views available, just garden and standard. I don't think Denny would even want a boardwalk view. He likes calm and quiet. I've heard the standard view studios are hard to come by and are in the more remote areas of the resort. I've also heard they are actually quite popular with some owners and often book up first. So, I snagged one. Can't wait! :cool1: And since I will always be a point miser, saving a few extra points can never hurt, right???? :rotfl:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Congrats MEK on reaching your mission. That is awesome news!

Very cool! Congratulations on your quest!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: You have some incredible vacations coming up! I am so excited for you! By June Caitlin and I will be in full "Disney withdrawal" mode so we will need lots of pics to give us our Disney "fix"!

Relaxing on the beach = :cloud9:

Hope you got to do the Marsh tour later on in the trip.

The surfmen's station room sure looks adorable. Wow the sunset pictures are absolutely AMAZING!!!!

:woohoo: on staying at BWV and being able to complete your mission!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter