Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip? Link to New TR 6/24 p136!

Very exciting news about BWV!!!! After all that time with the nephews you are really going to need some relaxing you and Denny time!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: You have some incredible vacations coming up! I am so excited for you! By June Caitlin and I will be in full "Disney withdrawal" mode so we will need lots of pics to give us our Disney "fix"!

I know - I feel really lucky and blessed to have so many fun things in the pipeline. I will purchase an AP in December and its going to get a good workout with three trips! Then I will probably need a break.

I promise lots of pics this December and June! :goodvibes

I know you guys are going into withdrawal mode, but its going to be so worth it by the time October rolls around.

Relaxing on the beach = :cloud9:

It really was pure heaven. I also visited the beach during sunrise and it was marvelous!

Hope you got to do the Marsh tour later on in the trip.

Stick around........:rolleyes1

The surfmen's station room sure looks adorable. Wow the sunset pictures are absolutely AMAZING!!!!

The surfmen's station was adorable. I could definitely see ducking in there when its really hot outside and just chillin' on the coach. Plus there was so much to look at.

:woohoo: on staying at BWV and being able to complete your mission!

I'm very excited to be staying at BWV this summer. I'm not sure if Denny is quite as excited as I am. :laughing:

Very exciting news about BWV!!!! After all that time with the nephews you are really going to need some relaxing you and Denny time!
:rotfl: Seriously - Tell me about it!!!!! :rotfl: I'm going to need a whole day of adult drinks by the pool. I know Denny isn't super thrilled about the change, but I think when we gets to walk into Epcot her will. ;)

Fab news on meeting your Resort goal. Heck I'd like to stay in each deluxe resort, but that ain't gonna happen!:rotfl2:

I read that Midnight in the Garden of Evil several years ago when it first came out. I have the dvd of the movie, but I haven't watched it yet.

I need to quit reading everyone's TRs & get to work on updationg mine.:surfweb:

Congrats on the resort change.

I just booked the BCV for next Oct for Food and Wine. :cool1::cool1:

What lovely sunsets. You cannot have too many pictures.

Sound like a wonderful sunset and dinner spot.

Can't wait until Savannah.

Fab news on meeting your Resort goal. Heck I'd like to stay in each deluxe resort, but that ain't gonna happen!:rotfl2:

I read that Midnight in the Garden of Evil several years ago when it first came out. I have the dvd of the movie, but I haven't watched it yet.

I need to quit reading everyone's TRs & get to work on updationg mine.:surfweb:

I really should be in bed now, but since I haven't DIS'ed all day I think I might b in withdrawal! :rotfl:

Very excited about BVW and I hope I really like the standard view. I know its the front of the resort view, but usually has trees or grass and not dead-on parking lot view. I saved a for points which I think should would out perfectly so I don't have to borrow a single point for October!

So far I love the book and P,L, and I are going to watch the movie together. L is already done reading the book. But, she doesn't have to keep up with the DIS boards. :rotfl:

Well - get to work then! :rolleyes1

Congrats on the resort change.

I just booked the BCV for next Oct for Food and Wine. :cool1::cool1:

What lovely sunsets. You cannot have too many pictures.

Sound like a wonderful sunset and dinner spot.

Can't wait until Savannah.

I am being totally lazy tonight and not cutting and pasting anything.

Very excited about BWV and hope to be there for F&W too. I am calling tomorrow to make my original ressie at VWL. What are your dates? I am arriving on 10/17.

The sunsets in HH were just fabulous. I'm glad you liked the pictures and dinner was also fab.

Savannah should be coming up soon. I'm a little behind this week but hope to have some Savannah pics edited tomorrow. Maybe???? I can do a small update. If not it probably won't be till Sunday :sad2: I have a lot going on between now and then and plans every night.

So I just have to post one really cool thing.

I have been taking guitar lessons in place on Nick for the soccer season. I have been learning to play bar chords, which I stink at. But tonight I played and sang a couple songs I have to do for an upcoming memorial service. They are Gone Too Soon (Michael Jackson) & Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion). I needed some help with chord transposition as I need to make the guitar chords as simple as possible for playing and singing. Plus I had to basically convert piano music into a style that I can play on the guitar and that suits my voice. I usually don't sing in front of the instructor, but needed his honest feedback for overall presentation. This is an important service and I really, really want and have to do my best.

Well after I was done, he invited me to join them when they do a Woodstock show in January. Meaning they play a bunch of stuff from Woodstock. Its their number one show for the year. I am so super excited that he asked me to join them. I can't WAIT to play with some REAL musicians and do something FUN instead of church music. :woohoo: I'm so happy that he thought I sang/played well enough to be part of the show!!!!!!

I swear I think the reason I am still awake is because I am still full of adrenaline at the prospect of participating in this show! :thumbsup2 Gotta go hit the hay now!

Hi MEK! :goodvibes
Just wanted to comment while I'm catching up- so I don't forget what I want to say! Your photos around the resort are beautiful- I love that you took so many in the lodge- it really is very unique, and you showcased everything beautifully. We spent more time there on our last trip, because we had a 1 bdrm- which are all in the lodge (along with the studios, as you said).

I'm wondering who the CM was on the birdwalk- was it Carol, maybe? I have been with her on an island tour and a tour of the resort, also a photography class- she's very knowledgeble, but I can see where she might be taken as aloof on occasion.

OMG- I never commented on your vodka problem!! :scared1: How absolutely PERFECT that bottle would have been, and how sad you never got the chance to find out! But even worse- all those pics on your computer!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I actually lost all of MY pics from our last HHI trip, too- my computer crashed- although for some odd reason, they all downloaded onto my ipod nano (which I don't even use) and I really need to get over to the apple store to get them off of there and onto some other kind of storage. You must have been sooooo glad you alwyas back up your photos when that happened- speaking of which, I need to burn a CD of my latest trip as well as upload to Photobucket....

Thanks for taking us to HHI on a year when I'm not going- I am really, REALLY enjoying the report (although I am only up to the bird walk at the moment!).

TTYS- Ellen

I love all of your resort pictures! It looks so tranquil and peaceful there. I totally stared at the photos of the walkway for so long. The ones where you have the wooden walkway with the buildings on the side? So pretty.

The beach looks so quiet too. I wonder if it stays that quiet during the peak season?

Congrats on your music Mary Ellen!!

I will be attending F&W in October too!! We arrive on 10/13 and I think we're leaving 10/19!!! I hope to meet some DIS friends this trip!

Very excited about BWV and hope to be there for F&W too. I am calling tomorrow to make my original ressie at VWL. What are your dates? I am arriving on 10/17.

I am booked 10/15-10/19.

I have been taking guitar lessons in place on Nick for the soccer season. I have been learning to play bar chords, which I stink at. But tonight I played and sang a couple songs I have to do for an upcoming memorial service. They are Gone Too Soon (Michael Jackson) & Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion). I needed some help with chord transposition as I need to make the guitar chords as simple as possible for playing and singing. Plus I had to basically convert piano music into a style that I can play on the guitar and that suits my voice. I usually don't sing in front of the instructor, but needed his honest feedback for overall presentation. This is an important service and I really, really want and have to do my best.

Well after I was done, he invited me to join them when they do a Woodstock show in January. Meaning they play a bunch of stuff from Woodstock. Its their number one show for the year. I am so super excited that he asked me to join them. I can't WAIT to play with some REAL musicians and do something FUN instead of church music. :woohoo: I'm so happy that he thought I sang/played well enough to be part of the show!!!!!!

I swear I think the reason I am still awake is because I am still full of adrenaline at the prospect of participating in this show! :thumbsup2 Gotta go hit the hay now!

How exciting. :cool1::cool1: I know you feel great about that. What a nice way to showcase your talent. :thumbsup2

I will be attending F&W in October too!! We arrive on 10/13 and I think we're leaving 10/19!!! I hope to meet some DIS friends this trip!

:cool1::cool1: I am currently booked 10/15-10/19!!!

Hi MEK! :goodvibes
Just wanted to comment while I'm catching up- so I don't forget what I want to say! Your photos around the resort are beautiful- I love that you took so many in the lodge- it really is very unique, and you showcased everything beautifully. We spent more time there on our last trip, because we had a 1 bdrm- which are all in the lodge (along with the studios, as you said).

Welcome Back Ellen!!!!!! I hope you had a great vacation and I can't wait to read all about it! :goodvibes

I took a ton of pictures of the resort. I just loved it there SO much! So all the one BRs and studios are in the lodge? Good to know. I really want to go back with Denny and I would love to be in the main lodge. It's just so cute in there.

I'm wondering who the CM was on the birdwalk- was it Carol, maybe? I have been with her on an island tour and a tour of the resort, also a photography class- she's very knowledgeble, but I can see where she might be taken as aloof on occasion.

It wasn't Carol because the CM specifically referred to Carol and her photography class which was not being held until Saturday, so I missed it. This CM was probably in her late 20's, early 30's and had wavy, shoulder length dirty blonde hair.

OMG- I never commented on your vodka problem!! :scared1: How absolutely PERFECT that bottle would have been, and how sad you never got the chance to find out! But even worse- all those pics on your computer!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I actually lost all of MY pics from our last HHI trip, too- my computer crashed- although for some odd reason, they all downloaded onto my ipod nano (which I don't even use) and I really need to get over to the apple store to get them off of there and onto some other kind of storage. You must have been sooooo glad you alwyas back up your photos when that happened- speaking of which, I need to burn a CD of my latest trip as well as upload to Photobucket....

It WAS the perfect bottle of vodka and I intend to get another one to take to Disney next month for pool drinks! ;) If I can't drink it in South Carolina then Florida will do! :laughing:

I was bummed to screw up my picture library like that, but I had only edited one day of HH pictures, so I am in good shape. I hope you can get your picture of your ipod. Can you some how download them to your phone then transfer them? Hmmmm?

Thanks for taking us to HHI on a year when I'm not going- I am really, REALLY enjoying the report (although I am only up to the bird walk at the moment!).

TTYS- Ellen

So glad you are enjoying. You have spent far more time at the resort than I have, so please feel free to add in pertinent resort information. As you know, we had a full day in Savannah and another day in Charleston, so that took away from valuable resort time.

I love all of your resort pictures! It looks so tranquil and peaceful there. I totally stared at the photos of the walkway for so long. The ones where you have the wooden walkway with the buildings on the side? So pretty.

Thanks! I absolutely loved the peacefulness of the resort. It really was lovely. I enjoyed that area with the wooden boardwalk because the view over the marsh was so relaxing.

The beach looks so quiet too. I wonder if it stays that quiet during the peak season?

I heard that the population really increases tremendously during peak season but I'm not sure how that translates into beach crowds. One thing is for sure - I am sure its nowhere near as crowded as the NJ or Delaware beaches! :laughing:

thanks!!!!! I am really excited to be doing this woodstock show. I can't wait till rehearsals start in January. I hate January, so it will give me something to look forward to!

Yeah - we overlap by a couple days!!!!! Perfect. Can't wait to meet you and the family! :goodvibes See below.........

I am booked 10/15-10/19.

:cool1::cool1: I am currently booked 10/15-10/19!!!

Awesome. I am so glad we overlap. All the East Meets West Girls booked today for a 10/17 arrival. We are actually considering planning a DIS meet - a big one! So excited that the planning is beginning! :cool1:

How exciting. :cool1::cool1: I know you feel great about that. What a nice way to showcase your talent. :thumbsup2

I am so excited that I am going to be part of something with professional musicians since I am strictly an amateur. I think you learn so much when you play with people who are better than you are. You just move right up a notch or two. I really can't wait to get started!

Those of you who know me well know that I have been on a mission to stay at all the East Coast DVC resorts.

Well, I am one step closer to doing just that. We are staying at the treehouse villas for 5 night in June followed by some me and Denny time in a studio. Well, I just changed my VWL studio to a standard view BWV studio! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Once I stay at the BWV I will have completed my mission.

There were no Boardwalk views available, just garden and standard. I don't think Denny would even want a boardwalk view. He likes calm and quiet. I've heard the standard view studios are hard to come by and are in the more remote areas of the resort. I've also heard they are actually quite popular with some owners and often book up first. So, I snagged one. Can't wait! :cool1: And since I will always be a point miser, saving a few extra points can never hurt, right???? :rotfl:

Congratulations!! :banana: You will beat me- I still haven't experienced VWL yet- maybe we'll get in there in 2013 (how crazy to think so far ahead....). I love the BWV- we just spent alot of time there on this last trip- the entertainment at night is soooo great- even 14 yo Tyler was laughing! :scared1: I know- I was shocked myself!:rotfl:

GORGEOUS pics of HHI beach house- I love that the resort has the two options of pools, both very different. At the beach pool in the summer the kids always play volleyball. And yes, it IS crowded- but not unbearably so. The beach sand is sooo hard, and compacted- you are so right on that- that's why it is so easy to ride bikes on. I'm sorry- I never thought to tell you to bring sand chairs!! It's not comfy at all with a towel!

Glad you got to enjoy the gorgeous sunset at the OFP- it is a beautiful view from there. :cloud9:

Yeah - we overlap by a couple days!!!!! Perfect. Can't wait to meet you and the family! :goodvibes See below.........

Awesome. I am so glad we overlap. All the East Meets West Girls booked today for a 10/17 arrival. We are actually considering planning a DIS meet - a big one! So excited that the planning is beginning! :cool1:

YAY!! I get to be a part of the DIS meet!!! I can't wait to meet some more DISers! I will make a point to be there! We have no schedule of course, but plan to be attending MNSSHP one night.

How exciting about the Woodstock show! I had hoped you'd end up enjoying the lessons :) Are you going to let Nick take over now :rolleyes1

What a wonderful streak of good news you have been lately! Congrats on booking the treehouse villas and the BWV studio!

And a big old :yay: for getting invited to perform at the Woodstock show. I bet you are super excited!

What a woman of many talents! She takes great photos. She is a noodling expert. She is a DISMom extraordinaire. And now we find out she can sing and play a guitar too?! OMG! All joking aside, congratulations on the selection. You should be extremely excited and proud. Now if we can just teach you how to NOT drop a flavored vodka bottle.... (BTW, have you ever tried Pinnacle Whipped Cream flavored or Cotton Candy flavored vodka? :drinking1)

Congrats on the being asked ot join the Woodstock show!:banana: Is this a tribute of sorts to the original Woodstock of the 60's?

Yay, congrats on staying at every DVC resort! BWV looks beautiful, and I think I'd prefer a standard view also, the Boardwalk is so noisy!

And yay for your music! :thumbsup2 I tried to learn guitar years ago and gave up after like, a week! I just couldn't bend my fingers in the right way to play any chords! Congrats on getting to play with real musicians!! :rockband:

Congratulations!! :banana: You will beat me- I still haven't experienced VWL yet- maybe we'll get in there in 2013 (how crazy to think so far ahead....). I love the BWV- we just spent alot of time there on this last trip- the entertainment at night is soooo great- even 14 yo Tyler was laughing! :scared1: I know- I was shocked myself!:rotfl:

Well, I won't beat you until June so you still have time! :rotfl: I am very excited about the new resorts I'm trying. I think OKW will actually be perfect for us in December because Nick is going and I know he will appreciate having a bed and not a pull out. And BWV will be great for Denny and I in June because we will just spend the end of our trip at Epcot and hitting the restaurants in the Epcot area. I'm not going to make too many ADRs for when my brother and his family are there. Probably one character meal for the whole gang, but it will be counter service for them otherwise. I am looking forward to the Boardwalk night time entertainment!

14 is a crazy age, isn't it???? And it only gets better! :rolleyes1

GORGEOUS pics of HHI beach house- I love that the resort has the two options of pools, both very different. At the beach pool in the summer the kids always play volleyball. And yes, it IS crowded- but not unbearably so. The beach sand is sooo hard, and compacted- you are so right on that- that's why it is so easy to ride bikes on. I'm sorry- I never thought to tell you to bring sand chairs!! It's not comfy at all with a towel!

We didn't have room for our beach chairs, so it's just as well. If we had, we definitely would have packed them. We brought a cooler with food and that took up so much room.

Still, I like the hard pack sand because I do love to walk and ride on the beach.

I really can't wait to go back to HHI with Denny because I know he will appreciate the proximity of the pool to the beach. It's perfect!

Glad you got to enjoy the gorgeous sunset at the OFP- it is a beautiful view from there. :cloud9:

Thanks for recommending it. I knew when I saw the view we had to go for happy hour, at least. My entree was really good. I think I lucked out. Totally wonderful evening. I would go back again for Happy hour, but there are so many other restaurants that we didn't get a chance to try.

YAY!! I get to be a part of the DIS meet!!! I can't wait to meet some more DISers! I will make a point to be there! We have no schedule of course, but plan to be attending MNSSHP one night.

I'm so excited about the F&W trip. It is going to be so much fun to meet everyone. I hope we can pull over one big dis meet. It will be great! :cool1:

How exciting about the Woodstock show! I had hoped you'd end up enjoying the lessons :) Are you going to let Nick take over now :rolleyes1

I am very excited about the Woodstock show!!!!! :thumbsup2 I actually struggled through guitar lessons. I taught myself to play so I never learned bar chords and they are hard and I hate practicing them. So I actually can't wait for Nick to go back to lessons. :rotfl: It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks! That is why it is so great to take lessons while you are young and your brain is a sponge. My brain is more like a brick. :laughing:

What a wonderful streak of good news you have been lately! Congrats on booking the treehouse villas and the BWV studio!

And a big old :yay: for getting invited to perform at the Woodstock show. I bet you are super excited!

I am pretty excited for the treehouse villa!!!!! Since I own at SSR that part was easy. I actually think staying at the treehouse is like a new resort and, of course, I am so excited about BWV, creepy clown pool and all. :rotfl:

And the Woodstock show should certainly help me with the winter blues!!!! :yay:

What a woman of many talents! She takes great photos. She is a noodling expert. She is a DISMom extraordinaire. And now we find out she can sing and play a guitar too?! OMG! All joking aside, congratulations on the selection. You should be extremely excited and proud. Now if we can just teach you how to NOT drop a flavored vodka bottle.... (BTW, have you ever tried Pinnacle Whipped Cream flavored or Cotton Candy flavored vodka? :drinking1)

:rotfl2: I want you to know that my slippery fingers have not been responsible for any more broken bottles!!!!! (Of course, I haven't bought any new bottles to break lately :laughing:)I have tried the whipped cream because it sells at Costco and it is really yummy. Haven't tried the Cotton Candy yet, but I bet its equally good. The only thing I've noticed is that I tend to get headaches more after I drink the Pinnacle stuff so I've been trying to stick to Stollies or Grey Goose or Bellvedere (sp?). Stollies has some nice flavored stuff. I do love the taste of that Whipped Cream in smoothies - yum!!!!

Congrats on the being asked ot join the Woodstock show!:banana: Is this a tribute of sorts to the original Woodstock of the 60's?

Thanks Doris. Yes - it's like a tribute show. I don't know the line up but its a combo of folk music and hard rock. Clearly, I will be playing the former. I think its a lot of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. Apparently you get a CD with the selections and you pick what you want to play on. It's going to be a new challenge for me, that's for sure.

Yay, congrats on staying at every DVC resort! BWV looks beautiful, and I think I'd prefer a standard view also, the Boardwalk is so noisy!

I am very excited to be adding a few more DVC resorts to my list! That's what I love about DVC - so much flexibility if you plan right! :lovestruc The standard view studios face the front of the resort. There are also garden view which face the majority of the resort, so I'm sure they are lovely. I've just heard that a lot of owners like the standard view and I requested a top floor because from many of them you can see Epcot and the fireworks.

And yay for your music! :thumbsup2 I tried to learn guitar years ago and gave up after like, a week! I just couldn't bend my fingers in the right way to play any chords! Congrats on getting to play with real musicians!! :rockband:

It is very cool to be able to play music with people who have actually gone to school to be musicians. Not only do they play well, but they know all the theory behind what they are doing. I play with a lot of different musicians at church, but most of us are amateurs and have our weaknesses. The problem results when the amateurs don't realize they have weaknesses. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter